*Official* Football Manager 2013 13.2.1 Constructive NON-ME Feedback Thread

Does that make it ok?
People can form valid opinions on things they don't have first-hand experience with. You don't need to play Big Rigs to know it's a terrible game.

Can you give feedback without first-hand experience? Probably not. But you can certainly critique and praise.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I've not played on this ME, i've not even loaded the game, or looked at the box, but i can say for certain its rubbish because i just know"

This is where we are heading.

Much like some peoples' opinions of Windows 8 and Apple Maps, this is perfectly valid, if perhaps not the greatest for a feedback thread.

Im going to start writing car reviews,

"i've never driven a car in my life, but i can definitely tell the new Clio is the worst car you could possibly drive, my opinion is valid because its my opinion, doesnt matter if im just pulling info out my arse"

Most people didn't pull opinions of Apple Maps out of their arse... They looked at various reviews and noticed that positive reviews of Apple Maps were few and far between.

Nor is there much point in claiming your opinion is "valid" - it's an opinion, not a statement of fact (except professional evidence in a court of law).

I'm disappointed. :(

-Still persist the newgen bugs. Not enough newgens, sometimes no one, is produced for some leagues of Africa and Asia.

-Sometimes clubs disappeared from the leagues.

-Editor is broken after the update.

-Seedings not works properly.

-Regional divisions allocation doesn't work enough well before the update, and after that is worsed.

-newgen managers are hired to become coaches of national teams.

I'm sorry to say this, but this is the last FM I buy at the launch date.

I make a correction.

Regens issue founded in some medium/low repution league is partially fixed.

Now there are enough regens for 1st squad, but they are too few again for under 18.

Please, increase the number of regens for youth teams.

As you can see, because of the low numbers of regens, the cpu move them to 1st squad, leaving the youth squad empty.

Cerezo_Osaka_Under_18s_Squad_Players.png

Cerezo_Osaka_Squad_Players.png

About non-active leagues, the regens issue is heavier and causes the "go crazy effect" to the cpu clubs. There are still clubs with a very small amount of players, from 8 to 16, and just one goalkeeper. It ay happens to see a match between Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund where the former has 16 players and one goalkeeper and latter less than 11 real players.

That issue become aggravated season after season.

This is Kaiserslautern, it plays the Europa League, but there are only 9 players. Youth team is empty.

1_Fu_ball_Club_Kaiserslautern_Squad_Players.png

1_FC_Kaiserslautern_II_Squad_Players.png

Most people didn't pull opinions of Apple Maps out of their arse... They looked at various reviews and noticed that positive reviews of Apple Maps were few and far between.

Nor is there much point in claiming your opinion is "valid" - it's an opinion, not a statement of fact (except professional evidence in a court of law).

As this isn't the Apple forum how about reverting to topic.

I am very sad and disappointed with the new patch 13.2,'m training the Hamburg of Germany and was doing a very good time to get out the "famous" patch, in my opinion gave out the game I will post 3 pictures to prove it yourself, will be no chance to make a worthy upgrade and without Bug's?

I wish someone would answer me .... SI

http://imgur.com/NNN6u

http://imgur.com/i6Kj4

http://imgur.com/g7oTk

Thank await response

"I've not played on this ME, i've not even loaded the game, or looked at the box, but i can say for certain its rubbish because i just know"

This is where we are heading.

Just to clarify, I was saying that I was worried about the state of 13.2 after reading the negative comments on here and that FM13 had been a disappointment for me in comparison to ever other Football Manager game I had played in the last 20 years. After playing a dozen games or so on 13.2 I can now confirm it is as bad as I feared. This is the first time I have ever felt this disappointed in a Football Manager game. Just not up to scratch in my opinion. We're not talking about a newly released game, this is 13.2, been out a fair few weeks now. Poor. Fix one problem, create three more. Embarrassing. I only say this because I judge SI on their previous high standards. I'm not here to just complain, I'm one of the biggest fans you'll find. I will buy FM14 regardless of the mess they have made of FM13. All this is just one opinion, the opinion of a very disappointed FM fan.

and please just hotfix this irritating news thing.

For goodness sake, it takes one click on the same screen that the news item is on! On the right hand side of the screen it gives you the reason why you are getting that message and gives you the option to either unsubscribe from that league, or just from that particular type of news.

You need to remember that the most vocal people are almost always those that are annoyed about something.

The reality will rarely be the same as the people ranting on a forum.

This is why you're my favourite mod on here. You can tell the wheat from the chaff, and call it appropriately. Keep up the good work, sir.

please please improve the number of clubs interested in players, if the player is not listed, its so rare, in my entire team in 3 seasons i´ve never had more than 4players with clubs who wanted to contract them:s, and that wasn´t at the same time..

also the portuguese league is undervalued.. the players of the most teams are worst than the players of the english and spanish and italy secondary divisions.. the diference is so high, i really think thats not accurate. But the three top teams(benfica, porto, sporting) and Braga are good, so what happens? 6-0; 5-1; 4-0 scores

Friends I'm finding more wrong when the FM is that players ask for much accept playing in clubs, some wages is absurd! I think this should be reviewed ... not to mention that I think needs more players looking for, type a player goes out, I see a few times dealing with him, I think it had to have an auction stronger as it is in reality!

Can not anyone think that the market is still very precarious? Well I play in South America and saw that both the editor in this hemisphere as several countries in europe (where is the football manager) does not have the market as busy, the editor has nothing marked trend in the national or international transfers, I think the fm gotta improve that drive the market for ball teams do more proposals for others, I believe only in italy, england and spain that the game is correct, it could be revised, both for this and for fm next. I'm from Brazil and here has much market players coming from Europe, coming to europe, as well as talks between the teams, I think the FM would be so perfect!

First of all I love the new darker skin!!

A couple of small issues:

- The function in preferences to show players on pitch first is still not working for me. Anyone has the same prob or know how to fix this?

- In the training screen, I am not able to sort my players in any way.

Can not anyone think that the market is still very precarious? Well I play in South America and saw that both the editor in this hemisphere as several countries in europe (where is the football manager) does not have the market as busy, the editor has nothing marked trend in the national or international transfers, I think the fm gotta improve that drive the market for ball teams do more proposals for others, I believe only in italy, england and spain that the game is correct, it could be revised, both for this and for fm next. I'm from Brazil and here has much market players coming from Europe, coming to europe, as well as talks between the teams, I think the FM would be so perfect!

In fact, the transfer market is bugged and needs to be fixed. There are clubs (also the big ones) that don't buy players for one/two years and when they buy someone, they don't take over 2 players.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/337064-Cpu-clubs-get-crazy-regens-problems-unreal-transfer-market

Anyone having issues with Steam since the patch? Steam has now crashed 3 times while I've been playing FM, causing the game itself to crash. Not sure why this is happening and it didn't happen before the update. It could be unrelated, just thought I'd flag to see if others are having this issue

I got Wrexham from BSP to Championship and I only got to scout outside of UK/Ireland once I'd hit Championship.

My scouting range got downgraded to England only literally as soon as the patch installed, I booted up and pressed continue. Now I am managing in the BSP but it was UK & Ireland from the start, surely my scouts can make it past Hadrians Wall or the magical forcefield separating England and Wales? :eek::D I'd be interested to hear if anyone whose managing Chester has had this happen to them, what would the patch do, they literally straddle the border, be some kick in the stones if it got reduced to Wales only! :lol:

I put this in the ME thread by mistake as a I was on my mobile, but it belongs here:

Reached the end of the third season and the transfer / loan markets are now stone cold dead for players of any quality whatsoever. About once a week an AI club buys a random player, having their first bid accepted and completing very quickly. Nobody wants to sell to me except for ridiculous money, nobody want to buy or loan unless I give them money to do so.Ridiculous, and for the first time ever, I am going to use the word 'unplayable' about thiis game.

The first 3 seasons were good, I don't understand how the game can fall off a cliff like this after so little time.

Have played with Ajax Amsterdam for 3 seasons and have won the championship all 3 times, my players are young and playing very well, but there is never any clubs interested in buying my players, unless i list them for transfer??

I guess it was already mentioned a few times, but there is a somewhat game breaking bug with Youth Income days. Almost every regen is rated one star in potential, leading the clubs to only sign 1-2 players from Youth Intake Days. The true amount of potential only shows when you actually give them a contract.

It's a display issue, meaning you're not seeing the correct star rating until they become contracted. If you let your assistant or another staff member do the hiring, they'll hire the better potential players.

Not ideal, but a workaround for now.

Okay, so these are general bugs/issues/feedbacks that I've had with the game so far:

Played four or five seasons with Wakehurst, winning six cups, two successive promotions and finishing 2nd (2016) and 1st (2017) and almost getting into the group stages of continental competitions three times. In addition, I've managed to create a club profit of 860k, which is considerable for Northern Ireland. Despite these achievements:

Rep rating is still something like 15th in Northern Ireland.

(13.2) - as many have said, scouting was downgraded to JUST NI two weeks after I won the league, due to the patch. Now, I'm not being silly when I say that is a little absurd, isn't it?

- my board, despite being okay with upgrading training facilities to 'basic', will not upgrade my scouting range, relay my pitch, upgrade youth facilities, increase any staff, give me any increase in budgets or supply a feeder or parent club. This is despite my having close to 100% board/fan confidence etc.

- Laughed off for even the most mediocre international jobs, despite credibility as manager. In addition to being laughed off from U19 international teams etc.

- Never allowed to give the board an ultimatum, ever.

- Never visible players from abroad despite hiring of foreign staff and a massive database.

- 'Amateur' contract players, including my captain who has me as favored personnel and is settled at the club, never wanting to sign a proper contract despite me easily having the wage budget for their would-be demands.

-Absurdly low attendances/lack of improvement. I am aware that NI attendances are intentionally low due to the nature of N. Irish football, but my attendances havent changed by even 10 in over five years, despite phenomenal success?

- Hardly any players returned on the search filter, always. Different for BSN/BSS and other low ranking leagues.

Some of these changes may have been deliberate from FM12, but I might ask if thats the case, are these good changes? I personally think most of the issues I've listed have made the game worse, despite what I think is an incredible job you guys have done over the ME and the interface.

Hope to hear a reply that could enlighten me on a few of these issues.

Hi, I posted this yesterday but can't remember where so I'll repeat the post here. FM 2013 was working correctly until the latest patch was installed (by Steam). Since then I've noticed that the box which appears centrally when 'on holiday', which used to indicate available jobs on the left, and insecure jobs on the right, now only displays the insecure jobs. The left panel remains blank, even after a new job is indicated by the news feed.

Unless the 'apply for jobs' option in the 'on holiday' menu is selected, the user will not know of a vacancy when on holiday. Hope this is clear.

Kinda bizarre. May be worth bringing it up in the bugs forum to see if there's anything going on there.

It could just be that your reputation hasn't increased enough for clubs to approach you while you're employed.

There appears to be something wonky with the odds.

Before the patch, (and the last time I played) I was promoted to League 2. Not surprisingly, I'm predicted to be dead last (24th) in the league.

I have had a strong start of the season, sitting at 3rd place after 8 games, and my next game is at home against newly relegated Leyton Orient, predicted at 8th. Leyton Orient are struggling so far, sitting at 20th place and without an away win so far, so I guess it's not entirely outlandish that I would be the favourite, but not to the odds of 1.17 times the money, with Leyton Orient at 11 times the money!

It's not the first match I noticed this in either; I had some insanely low odds on me to win a different game as well - also at home - but that was against one of the worse teams in the league, so I didn't think as much of it.

Game seems to be quite laggy at times although i have a decent PC to run it on, and also i have had two freezes since the Beta where the game simply stops mid-action and i have to CTRL+ALT+DEL and close fm.exe and restart the entire game or, on some, more frequent instances after i make a substitution using the Tactics menu or alter something tactically i cannot access the Substitutions or Tactics menu again even though i have subs left to use. On a further note, why is all Match Preparation set on Very Low when left in the assistant's hands?

Kinda bizarre. May be worth bringing it up in the bugs forum to see if there's anything going on there.

It could just be that your reputation hasn't increased enough for clubs to approach you while you're employed.

Already have done way back and they said it was a known bug, nothings been done though.

There appears to be something wonky with the odds.

Before the patch, (and the last time I played) I was promoted to League 2. Not surprisingly, I'm predicted to be dead last (24th) in the league.

I have had a strong start of the season, sitting at 3rd place after 8 games, and my next game is at home against newly relegated Leyton Orient, predicted at 8th. Leyton Orient are struggling so far, sitting at 20th place and without an away win so far, so I guess it's not entirely outlandish that I would be the favourite, but not to the odds of 1.17 times the money, with Leyton Orient at 11 times the money!

It's not the first match I noticed this in either; I had some insanely low odds on me to win a different game as well - also at home - but that was against one of the worse teams in the league, so I didn't think as much of it.

I was despite being favs to go down odds of 8/1 on to win games after a 4 games winning start.

I was despite being favs to go down odds of 8/1 on to win games after a 4 games winning start.

So I take it that it no longer considers reputation for the match odds (or at least to a much lesser degree), and instead looks at the current form and position in the table? Does it apply to higher leagues as well, or is it only the lower leagues (in which I guess the teams are closer to each other in reputation)?

Reached the end of the third season and the transfer / loan markets are now stone cold dead for players of any quality whatsoever. About once a week an AI club buys a random player, having their first bid accepted and completing very quickly. Nobody wants to sell to me except for ridiculous money, nobody want to buy or loan unless I give them money to do so.Ridiculous, and for the first time ever, I am going to use the word 'unplayable' about thiis game.

The first 3 seasons were good, I don't understand how the game can fall off a cliff like this after so little time.

Did you play all 3 first seasons with the new patch or old? IE, did things just change with the new patch or did things change irrespective of that?

Archived