*Official* Football Manager 2013 13.2.1 Constructive NON-ME Feedback Thread

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anybody else playing in MLS, has anybody noticed that the trade offers have gotten significantly better? AI has gone from the extremely insulting "$150k take it or leave it" offers to now actually negotiating from $300k & up, even adding draft picks and international slots when I had to wring their arm for them to add either.

Either way, now I'm actually looking at the trade offers than simply just clicking "X" for every trade offer because of the pitiful $150k offer. Good job on fixing that, whoever's in charge of MLS. Also, the dark skin is the sex.

So basically your criticising SI without trying the new patch superposh?

I was disappointed with this years game before the latest patch if I'm being honest. I'm not a serial complainer by the way, I have been playing the game solidly seen release but it has been pretty joyless for me, unlike every other version of the game I have purchased since I was 12 years old. My opinion of this year's game is based on 20 years experience of playing football manager games. I realise not everyone will agree. I'm just noticing an awful lot of stuff on this thread that worries me and doesn't fill me with confidence. We're talking about 13.2 here, this isn't a newly released game.

Just noticed my subscriptions are all messed up, first thing I've noticed, getting pre match odds on what seems like every game in the world! Can anyone help me fix it? Or shall I trawl through this thread to find the answer? :lol:

One thing I realise changed in this update and I wish it to change back.

In the tactics->overview, the figure of formation become narrower than before, I really want it back, or even wider!(may be a slider to change width)

I am using a 21.5" iMac and that figure looks really strange, and the player's name in the box get compressed.

Managing Havant & Waterlooville third season in in the BSP, after patch I've had my scouting range downgraded from UK & Ireland to just England for no reason whatsoever. Couple of hundred grand in the bank, won the FA trophy and promotion to BSP last season and had UK & Ireland scouting range since day one. This has happened to all of us who are doing a challenge on another forum so we're all in LLM at the min.

This has been the same since the opening patch...

Swedish lower leagues - still not a single player available (First Division South - not even bottom tier) that would improve my squad. No results for New Talent searches... No results for Known Talent searches. Around 10 results for 'Sweden' searches (all youths, no first teamers).

I'm not saying I can't afford players that would join - there's literally nobody available. I find it hard to believe that players from divisions above not getting a game, or in the same division not getting a game, wouldn't appear on at least scouting missions to sweden (with no conditions set) or in the player search...

PLayer search reveals about 360 players that would be interested in joining - all absolute rubbish - not a single player would even improve my bench and most are youth players. This HAS to be a bug (i've posted in the bugs to no avail yet). My mate is in the BSP and has endless possibilities for his recruitment. I would expect the same with 80,000+ players loaded, including all Swedish leagues??

I was disappointed with this years game before the latest patch if I'm being honest. I'm not a serial complainer by the way, I have been playing the game solidly seen release but it has been pretty joyless for me, unlike every other version of the game I have purchased since I was 12 years old. My opinion of this year's game is based on 20 years experience of playing football manager games. I realise not everyone will agree. I'm just noticing an awful lot of stuff on this thread that worries me and doesn't fill me with confidence. We're talking about 13.2 here, this isn't a newly released game.

Just noticed my subscriptions are all messed up, first thing I've noticed, getting pre match odds on what seems like every game in the world! Can anyone help me fix it? Or shall I trawl through this thread to find the answer? :lol:

The pre-match odds thing is something I whinged about a few posts up.. (near the bottom of page 3 in this thread) and something a bloke from si answered.

Apparently, it's something which affects on-going saves, but not new saves. Which they seem to think is fair enough. It just proves the point they keep releasing the game before it's ready. Next year, I will definitely learn and not buy FM14 until the post-January update. They'll still get their pennies.

I'm not a serial moaner either, but they've effectively released the game and then said: "Yes it's broken, but we'll fix it. Oh we've broken something else? It's ok, just scrap the save-game you've spent many hours getting into and just start a completely new one.. that will work." It amazes me that they think this is acceptable! Astounding.....

I do remember my 1st football manager game (What was the name 20y ago ? I totally forgot.. )Zinedine Zidane was u20 with a very poor profile ! lol.. and he was left midfield only. And mattihas Sammer, amazing DM... (if you have an idea of where it possible to find these old game, let me know by the way !)

One thing I miss from this time is the "lost for football". Too many injuries or a big one = end of carreer. I'd like to have that thing back in the game. Because it does happen in real life !

About FM13, I do think there is some good point in it. But infortunately, the ME give me a big headake.. I need to take paracetamole every 2min ! lol. 1/ The Messi syndrome, 2/ the 4 or 5 players who run after the runner, 3/ the strange own goals, 4/ the pass to my GK who never arrive at destination because an oppenent is there to take the ball and strike, 5/ the amount of shoot, 6/ the crazy scores (I have beaten Barca 7-3 with Amiens for my 1st CL game), etc...

In the same time, I like the way players pass the ball, I like how the shoot (the 3d is very good). But these few things do not hide the big problems above..

I think I will go back to FM 12 with the 12/13 patch.. :-( I usually wait january to buy FM, I didn;t do it this year What a stupid man I am ! lol

after the new patch during motivation talk when manager is talking to one player than somebody else is reacting. before and at half time. really anoying! i just stop playing it.

This happened before the patch and is intentional. It isn't a private chat if your talking in front of the whole dressing room. Other players are bound to react. But if you want to stop playing the game solely for this reason...

The pre-match odds thing is something I whinged about a few posts up.. (near the bottom of page 3 in this thread) and something a bloke from si answered.

Apparently, it's something which affects on-going saves, but not new saves. Which they seem to think is fair enough. It just proves the point they keep releasing the game before it's ready. Next year, I will definitely learn and not buy FM14 until the post-January update. They'll still get their pennies.

I'm not a serial moaner either, but they've effectively released the game and then said: "Yes it's broken, but we'll fix it. Oh we've broken something else? It's ok, just scrap the save-game you've spent many hours getting into and just start a completely new one.. that will work." It amazes me that they think this is acceptable! Astounding.....

No one has said you have to start a new game, and on the last page you apologised for not understanding how the set up now works. You can very easily and quickly turn off these news messages, the instructions are in this thread.

Cheers man, just looked back and seen the posts about the pre match news. This is the first year in a while that I've purchased the game before Christmas, it will be the last time too! I have to admit I got sucked in by the whole Beta testing thing this year, was too impatient to get my hands on the new game. I've wasted countless hours on various dead saves this year, never again. I love Football Manager, it's my guilty pleasure, I'll be first in line with my money in my hand when FM14 comes out like a love struck teenager waiting outside the school tart's house. I'll never change. I just hope SI learn from this year's farce.

The 2d match looks better, dots seem a touch smaller.

The analysis screen is much improved due to the passing dots looking smaller and crisper, and is now easier to study.

Small changes but makes a big difference, thank you.

Yeh, this pleased me as it's where I glean most of my info next to the pure stats.

I have noticed that every patch the game has improved over the speed, processing ...

I would ask more attention to it, check every detail that makes a difference to the game run faster, as this, and a free game, it gets annoying very slow!

Detailing pages, as well as with computers in general people have.

- The act of researching player (think can improve the speed q)

- Create a game with 2 and a half stars, i think that would be faster than it is at the moment, because fm 2013 despite its novelty is visible that has had conlfito with multiple machines!

I'm playing with 50 000 players, loaded 5 countries, and one with all divisions and other playable only with the first championship, giving 2 and a half stars, in general you have played so well? I felt more take the game with this new skin something different fm further away from 2012, I believe it has some conflict with some machines!

Getting pre-match odds (which you can fix by going into subscriptions) has ruined your game and you must restart? I'd be complaining too.... if only this were the case. In the actual context however your last two sentences sound like an old bitty who's cracker has fallen into her tea or something :D

Was anything with the A-League fixed? I can't see anything on the change list. Also, was the new qualifying spots for the 2013 Asian Champions League (first one you can qualify for in game) fixed? This got missed last year and annoyed me to no end

My player profile now has 2 less boxes, really annoying me atm due to it being perfectly arranged before.

I run the same size window, 1600x900

I've tried using both skins and a downloaded one, I have tried it in windowed mode. I have restarted laptop but can't get the extra boxes back,.

I have also noticed that now on the player profile page that the players preffered foot and height. Which before only appered ocassionly on the profile page when I changed skin or before a restart for example but normal it would go away and let me have more boxes.

Has something been done to the way transfers are handled by the A.I or something?

They lowball you with their bids for your players, and yet ask silly prices when you try for one of theirs!!

Chelsea bid min for glen johnson after selling Ivanovich to real madrid for 2.5x what he was worth, when I asked for £20mil they came back with exactly same offer as what they originally bid

Newcastle who usually sell Ben Arfa to chelsea/ man city Just quoted me £54mil for him when I have seen him sell for £19mil first season.

Shakthar - Douglas Costa - I bid £9.8 mil for.. they rejected, I improved to £14.3mil they then counter offered him to me for £34mil... I refused and he moved 2 days later to Roma for £8.5m

Marek Hamsik - Napoli now asking for £58m When I have seen him move for about £32m.

I was even quoted £23mil for Peter Whittingham from cardiff when I bid £7m for him to be backup player..

This is just insane.. Yes its a custom database im using - I start with budget of £30mil but thats only so I am able to compete against the other teams as squad is paper thin to start.

I do appreciate the scouting range downgrade from Western Europe to Belgium . I'm playing Belgium 8th level local amateur football and it really doesn't make sense to scout Netherlands/France/etc

This is one thing I can not understand with this years release.

I am playing Tonbridge and I am now in division 1 and after 5 years I can still not scout outside of the UK,surely at this point I should at least be scouting France?

I've just holidayed through a season in England with the correct options set and Football League fixtures are all being played on Saturday and Wednesday, this extends to the JPT and the European Super Cup.

Could you post a thread in the Bugs Forum about this and upload your save game onto our FTP so that we can see if something is going wrong with your save game. Thanks.

I have added a post to the initial thread LRJ made on the issue from our FMO and have uploaded the save game.

The thread I have posted in is here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/334389-Saturday-Wednesday-games-doesn-t-work.

Can we please return scouting (and assignments) to how it was, before FM13? It's rather annoying that the only time the "restart assignment" button is available, is right after you complete an assignment! Previously, I'd have my scouts handle a rotation of assignments to where as the rotation was finishing, knowledge of the first assignment would be outdated and would need to be re-scouted. At this point in time, I've given up on the current system and just have my chief scout handling the assignments, even though I'm not interested in players over the age of 23.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but since the patch, when a manager leaves to go to another club the news item reads that 'there was shock and disbelief' as apparently they were only appointed a few hours before leaving when actually they'd been there for a few years. Not game breaking, just annoying.

This has been the same since the opening patch...

Swedish lower leagues - still not a single player available (First Division South - not even bottom tier) that would improve my squad. No results for New Talent searches... No results for Known Talent searches. Around 10 results for 'Sweden' searches (all youths, no first teamers).

I'm not saying I can't afford players that would join - there's literally nobody available. I find it hard to believe that players from divisions above not getting a game, or in the same division not getting a game, wouldn't appear on at least scouting missions to sweden (with no conditions set) or in the player search...

PLayer search reveals about 360 players that would be interested in joining - all absolute rubbish - not a single player would even improve my bench and most are youth players. This HAS to be a bug (i've posted in the bugs to no avail yet). My mate is in the BSP and has endless possibilities for his recruitment. I would expect the same with 80,000+ players loaded, including all Swedish leagues??

Interesting you should say that, I found it the opposite. I started with karlslund in the 4th tier and I managed to build one hell of a team. I play my game with LLM rules as well, it took 2 years to get promoted into the 3rd tier, 2 seasons to get to the 2nd tier and 1 season to get to the 1st tier. 98% of my players are swedish even now I'm in the top tier. Most of my signings were free agents and a lot were 'regens'. My whole squad was aged 16-22 until last season when I bought in about 2/3 25 year olds.

On another note, my game feels so much slower when loading things since the update, the scorelines are a joke (6-0, 11-8) ect, players are running from their positions even when instructed not too, players are way too greedy, the passing is poor, the fitness from players has declined quite a lot, the amount of injuries has gone sky high, the general game-play is too slow since the update, all in all very poor BUT apart from that everything else is good.

Was in the Spainsh Cup final against Barca and it went to pens and I was taken to the screen to select my pen takers but there wasnt a continue or comfrim button so I was stuck there and couldnt go to pens.

Had to quit. Really annoying.

alternatively, you can use the space button on your keyboard to continue. did you try?

Just started 4th season as Man Utd. Clubs including several Championship teams are offering me 200k - 300k p/m loan fees on my youth regen players. Most of the deals collapse due to lack of funds, but some have gone through. Surely this is a bug as these fees are far too high.

This is one thing I can not understand with this years release.

I am playing Tonbridge and I am now in division 1 and after 5 years I can still not scout outside of the UK,surely at this point I should at least be scouting France?

I got Wrexham from BSP to Championship and I only got to scout outside of UK/Ireland once I'd hit Championship.

Has something been done to the way transfers are handled by the A.I or something?

They lowball you with their bids for your players, and yet ask silly prices when you try for one of theirs!!

Chelsea bid min for glen johnson after selling Ivanovich to real madrid for 2.5x what he was worth, when I asked for £20mil they came back with exactly same offer as what they originally bid

Newcastle who usually sell Ben Arfa to chelsea/ man city Just quoted me £54mil for him when I have seen him sell for £19mil first season.

Shakthar - Douglas Costa - I bid £9.8 mil for.. they rejected, I improved to £14.3mil they then counter offered him to me for £34mil... I refused and he moved 2 days later to Roma for £8.5m

Marek Hamsik - Napoli now asking for £58m When I have seen him move for about £32m.

I was even quoted £23mil for Peter Whittingham from cardiff when I bid £7m for him to be backup player..

This is just insane.. Yes its a custom database im using - I start with budget of £30mil but thats only so I am able to compete against the other teams as squad is paper thin to start.

With cosata he may have asked for a transfer after they rejected your bid. On my save I tried to buy him they rejected my offer, 2 days later I checked transfer listed players and he was on it have now got a bid accepted around the 8 mil mark

So basically your criticising SI without trying the new patch superposh?

People criticised Apple maps without trying it. You didn't need to update to know just how bad it was. Same for the ME, it's just too sensitive to these tweaks and the balance just isn't there at the moment. We're all rooting for SI here, we all love the game, and most of this frustration is born from our dedication to the series, we want it to work as much as they do, I'm sure.

after the new patch during motivation talk when manager is talking to one player than somebody else is reacting. before and at half time. really anoying!

Same here. Yes, it was before patch that other players react to your talk with someone.

But after patch it changed: Now when you speak to the 1st player he just doesn't react. When you speak to the 2nd one, exactly the 1st player reacts just as if you speak to him. Then you speak to the 3rd one - and the 2nd reacts. And so on.

Clearly a bug.

This narrow tactics screen is very weird!!! And where did the little countdown clock on the continue button appear from??

However can someone please advise me how I can get back able to view "condition" and "match rating" in the dropdown menu on the tactics screen during a game? It is so annoying not being able tpo look at both together like we have always been able to. Have tried customising but match ratings are not an option you can drag and drop.

Archived