*Official* Football Manager 2013 13.2.1 Constructive NON-ME Feedback Thread

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Something happened to the tactics screen.

T

he goalkeeper is partly off the pitch and the lower-right panel is shorter than before the patch.

Think that was an intentional change, but may be worth raising in the UI bugs forum nevertheless - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/299-User-Interface

It's great to see that there is now interest from clubs to all players. My promising youngster who has 6 months until contract expiry is now wanted by 11 clubs, this never happened before. Same with AI clubs, I've seen some big names go on free transfers but only after they became free agents. Now Mata's contract is expiring in 6 months and clubs are lining up to offer him a pre contract.

Would love an answer from the devs - was the "one year extenstion after x games" clause removed?

Use of 3rd party editors isn't supported or recommended.

Ok. But can someone confirm that the changes Stu Coleman told us to do is the only change or is it more tax changes?

" Originally Posted by Stu Coleman

You should adjust the 'Pension Employer' Tax rate found in the editor (Nations > Italy > Tax) from 38% to 23%.

Cheers."

Thanks,

Morgan

It's great to see that there is now interest from clubs to all players. My promising youngster who has 6 months until contract expiry is now wanted by 11 clubs, this never happened before. Same with AI clubs, I've seen some big names go on free transfers but only after they became free agents. Now Mata's contract is expiring in 6 months and clubs are lining up to offer him a pre contract.

Would love an answer from the devs - was the "one year extenstion after x games" clause removed?

Can people please check the changelist given before asking questions please!

"Fixed being able to offer automatic one year contract extension in final season to young players"

Can people please check the changelist given before asking questions please!

"Fixed being able to offer automatic one year contract extension in final season to young players"

woops

In my defense, I read it but it was 3 hours ago and of course I don't remember anything from it already.

• Administrators
Since the patch my player profile screen in windowed mode is now full of scrolllbars, even though there is nowhere to scroll :(

I think it is because the 'highlight attributes for' bit has got bigger

Resize your Window.

Uhh,why can't I select Ireland when setting up new game?It's greyed out and there is a warning sign (the yellow triangle) next to it. :confused:
Will be an issue with something edited..

I'm having this issue as well, with no database edits and a clean install on a new PC.

Resize your Window.
Tried already, Sorry that doesnt fix it. If I click so that in the middle box top right there is just the square showing, then the scrollbars go away but the bottom of the game drops off bottom of the screen. If I click the middle box so that the two square show then the game auto-fits to my screen, but now with added scrollbars. 1366 x 768, seems the new layout wasn't devised with that in mind.

Thankfully I can think of bigger worries in life than scrollbars, but it does reduce the beauty of it slightly

Great patch.

Saved my game just before youth pull so when I started up I got the worst bunch of youth playes on both the teams ive was playing. Loaded it again and the same happened. Im playing with Stenhousemuir and Armagh and retried this about twenty times and the best player in Stenhousemuir was a potential 2 star and in Armagh a potential 3½ star. If I earlier tried the same then in 2-4 tries there would have been at least a potential 5 star in each.

So has there been changes to youth pull?

England level 9 + real club and competition names for FM13 doesn't work anymore???? anyone know when this will be fixed.

I just remembered I downloaded the name fix, that's probably the reason for Ireland not being playable on my game. Just a heads up in case anyone else comes across it.

edit: A quick Steam Cache Verification redownloaded the original files, and Ireland is now playable again.

Also, the chairman just accepted an offer over my head. I clicked the 'protest transfer button', and then in the conversation window picked my option, and then the conversation ended.

is that it, no reply? Few days later he is sold, no mention anywhere of the fact I protested. FUMING.

P.s. - not fuming about the sale, if the board had told me to leave them alone even that would have satisfied me. But it seemingly just bugged the convo

• Administrators
Tried already, Sorry that doesnt fix it. If I click so that in the middle box top right there is just the square showing, then the scrollbars go away but the bottom of the game drops off bottom of the screen. If I click the middle box so that the two square show then the game auto-fits to my screen, but now with added scrollbars. 1366 x 768, seems the new layout wasn't devised with that in mind.

Thankfully I can think of bigger worries in life than scrollbars, but it does reduce the beauty of it slightly

Any chance of raising this in the GUI forums? Would be appreciated, thanks.

Great patch.

Saved my game just before youth pull so when I started up I got the worst bunch of youth playes on both the teams ive was playing. Loaded it again and the same happened. Im playing with Stenhousemuir and Armagh and retried this about twenty times and the best player in Stenhousemuir was a potential 2 star and in Armagh a potential 3½ star. If I earlier tried the same then in 2-4 tries there would have been at least a potential 5 star in each.

So has there been changes to youth pull?

Try signing (or scouting) all of them and then looking at their ratings. There might be something with the youth trial team being underrated. If that is it I know SI already know about that. Otherwise I don't know.

First thing i looked after patch is wage demands of young players. They still ask too much especially English, french, Spanish and German league players. There are two major changes you can't add one year extension to final year and their wage increase after certain game is non negotiable now. Basically they just demand your key players wage after 10-20 games later :thdn: . Thanks making it worse :mad: . Too bad we cant go back old patch. This is great gift for Christmas (for all you don't like).

Next I tried to sell my star player Value £9m. Plenty of Premier clubs interested. Best offer? Yes £9m.

So basically nothing has changed. You still have to "transfer list" a player before the AI bids and when they bid it;s usually going to be £0 or at best there market value.

Playing in the SPL I had an amazing newgen with a min fee release claus of 5 million. Renewed his contract in the summer, spendingover 1 million to increase his min fee release clause up to 9 million. Load up game today post patch, press continue once, 16 clubs are interested, then one makes a bid of 8.5 million and he is off against my wishes. Your lack of interest in your players in not universal

This wasn't a problem before the patch and am not sure if it was triggered by the patch itself, but I have noticed that for my last few fixtures, I've kept getting the same referee. Twice in a row I would even understand, but this goes beyond that. I'm playing in the Polish second tier if that makes a difference.

Playing in the SPL I had an amazing newgen with a min fee release claus of 5 million. Renewed his contract in the summer, spendingover 1 million to increase his min fee release clause up to 9 million. Load up game today post patch, press continue once, 16 clubs are interested, then one makes a bid of 8.5 million and he is off against my wishes. Your lack of interest in your players in not universal

The board went over your head to accept an offer below the release clause?

Jeez what a faff. Took 45 mins to update through Steam (usually takes less than 5 mins). Had to re-boot nine times of which Steam deigned to work 3 times, the rest of the time telling me I was in a session etc etc. Seems to be sorted now. Not happy. Sorry thats not very "constructive" but after a hard day's work getting fxxxed about by Steam was not exactly "constructive" either!

It's tiny, pretty negligible issue, but there's a team in the game from Sweden called Valsta Syrianska. The "Syrianska" has had a lower case "s" at the beginning since the game was released. Should be changed to upper case.

Thoughts..

Everything is much faster and snappy in the UI, which is hugely pleasing.

Seems to be a good change to AI transfers too... the likes of heitinga etc are getting targeted, as they should do.

Similarly, My players seem to be getting a lot more attention, and selling seems to be easier. :

sAYTJ.png?2

But do you ever get offers without offering your player out?

Change the Interface Rendering Mode to Software instead of Automatic.

• Administrators
The board went over your head to accept an offer below the release clause?

That's not a bug. Especially considering nearly all Spanish teams have minimum release clauses, it wouldn't make sense if that was hard coded.

• Administrators
Yus indeed. And when I tried to have a conversation with them about it i said my piece and then it just went 'conversation ended'.

So many little niggles SI seem to have opened up

If you've got a save for that please raise it in the bugs forum, thanks.

That's not a bug. Especially considering nearly all Spanish teams have minimum release clauses, it wouldn't make sense if that was hard coded.
Yep I wasn't calling it a bug, I was using it as proof that clubs were indeed now active!

Ill try to get something uploaded for the conversation ending, for the player on loan being my all time average rating record, for me resigning from an international job and being told that I had placed an advert for manager

Edit - blast my game just autosaved on top of itself. Ill keep an eye out in future

Archived