Match Engine Update 13.2 - ME feedback here please.

We all know we won't see another update until post transfer window.

You know nothing of the sort, if a hotfix is justified it'll be rolled out as soon as possible.

I haven't yet seen any evidence one is needed though, I've started a new save to make sure there are no residual effects from previous and tbh I won't be passing judgement until I've played at least half a season.

There are people posting omgz it's broken after three matches which is patently ridiculous.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well why is it behaving differant?

my players dont tackle, every AI shot is flying in form everywhere, my players dont run at

a tactic that has been keeping clean sheets is now conceding 12 shots on target? and dispite being an attacking formation only creating next to nothing?

Defenders just get dribbled past like they are league 1 defenders aginst CR7

it is IMPOSSIBLE to play away from home.

Scott,

You know how this things works. New patch = time to check the tactic.

Why the surprise? :)

Just look at your tactic, and in no time you will be, again, winning! :)

How many assists do your FBs get?

The 2 wider CMs would pull wide at times as would the strikers so the wide assists could come from there.

How many corners or wide indirect FKs have you scored?

I scored 29 goals in the last 10 matches (since ME Update)

4 Assists from my right Wing Back

4 Assists from my left Wing back

Their behaviour is somewhat natural. They were always overlapping with my central midfielders, being basically a hybrid of Wide Midfielders and Full Backs, opening up space for my Central Midfielders and Strikers. Difference is now that they run through 5-6 players with no reaction and then shot (and miss). They don't give to many crosses, but they aren't supposed to do, so that's fine. Just their Inside-Runs are very weird.

Yeah my 2 wider CM's are supposed to move to the flanks, but they don't cross, which is the weird thing. It's my central Midfielder and my 2 Strikers crossing all the time. They didn't do that with my 1st Tactic, but now with my defensive and control-focused Tactic they do it all the time and they are unrealistic succesfull with it (comparable to Pre-Release Match Engine)

I think i scored like 3-4 goals from Corners/IFKs. More than before, but nothing ordinary as i have very skilled players. Seems realistic now.

The big problem really is that my team plays full defense. My 3 CM's and my DLF+DM don't rotate the ball between their lines. If i can't break through my Central Midfielders just pass the ball directly to my goalkeeper (sometimes when they are in the half of the Opposition) and if they can break through the team goes full berserk on the enemy

i've played 6 friendlies so far and a did not see anything you guys complaining about... fix your tactics!!! i'm enjoying the game. it's not perfect, but it's on the right track.

I don't think that people complain about the game being too hard. A lot of people did before Release which was ridiculous and wrong, but right now the problem (atleast for big teams) is that the game is way too easy. And that the Tactics are way to efficient but don't represent at all what sliders you are setting. A team shouldn't go full overload when it should play calm football (and that worked before the update)

And i understand that Tactics have to be re-adjusted after every ME-update, because the balance changes. But right now it seems like it's russian roulette, reminds me somewhat of FIFA Manager.

simple fact is, I set my players to tackle and mark tight, they were doing this before, and are not now.

that isn't tactics, that is engine

half the trouble is from shots from 30-40 yards making corners etc, and the same problems i was having on another save with defelctions and parries landing at oppositions feet kick in.

3rd tactic I have works, but it is Standerd and balanced.

i don't want to be forced to play that way.

FM12 very fluid attack worked

FM13 very fluid made your defence turn into fluid.

now fluid is doing the same.

Own goals ARE part of football. You're still going to see them. Two in six games is hardly excessive.

^ this.

Barcelona had 4 OG in the first 10 matches of the season, though they have yet to concede one in months.

I remember one game Jordi Alba score one on each goal lololol

You know nothing of the sort, if a hotfix is justified it'll be rolled out as soon as possible.

I haven't yet seen any evidence one is needed though, I've started a new save to make sure there are no residual effects from previous and tbh I won't be passing judgement until I've played at least half a season.

There are people posting omgz it's broken after three matches which is patently ridiculous.

There are 3 posts or so with people happy , the rest are pointing out the same issues. I know you're here to firefight, we all know the position you take on any and all ME issues, but short of a game breaker , SI won't patch, we both know that.

You can't blame people for getting frustrated with how this years ME has been handled.

The coming weekend will see the ME get a good work out , lots of people finishing up for Christmas etc. I guess time will tell.

Better.... Much better...

I am not seeing that insane dribbling happening all over. Just saw once and it was made by Krasic and it was joy to watch as he dribble around two players (mind you not taking them on head to head) and a final surge into the penalty box by accelerating before the opposition CB can't react.It looked damn realistic.

I concur with the overzealous pressing though...

If you have windows 7 you can go back by using a restore point, just go to the control panel and type in restore point and it will come up with the options. Then start steam in offline mode to play 13.1.3. You won't be able to load any game you've saved using 13.2 but you can go back to earlier save games

I love you. :D

Is it possible to delete the update if you do not like what it does to the gameplay.

Also I do not like how you have to update the game to play it on Steam when in online mode. It would be nice to have the option to run Steam in online mode and not be forced to update to play. I do have my settings so it does not update automatically.

Is it possible to delete the update if you do not like what it does to the gameplay.

Also I do not like how you have to update the game to play it on Steam when in online mode. It would be nice to have the option to run Steam in online mode and not be forced to update to play. I do have my settings so it does not update automatically.

That option exists. Check the ''Properties''-menu, you can disable Automatic Updates there.

Five games in since the patch .

Defenders are still worse than useless .

They now all chase the man with the ball like headless chickens in a group

Getting 3 to 4 goals per game for both sides from corners

wingers run in with the ball until they run into the side netting

getting ridiculous amounts of yellow cards per game from players diving ( last game it was 8 )

every game i was winning comfortably until the 70th minute and in 4 of the 5 games i then conceded within a minute and went on to lose

defenders playing silly balls across the back of the defence for the opposition attackers to have free shots at the goal and no i do not have them set to play out of defence

players immediately stopping as soon as the ball has gone past them

too many times players just let the ball roll out of play instead of trying to keep the pressure on the opposition

this is the first time ever i have seriously wished i could roll back to a previous patch

well at least Antonio Valencia is working again.

Honestly, what i expected from this patch was for my wingers to play better, and to score a bit more from corners. as well as defend better.

none of that seems to have happeed, at least the silly run to the post and shoot from silly angle stuff is gone.

and no goals directly from corners on mine at all.

sorting the silly passing at the back is easy.

turn off play out of defence ;)

no.

and yes we were expecting tactics to change, but I was expecting slight differances that you could just modifiy something quick to fix, it is veyr hard to go from a tactic that functions, to one that suddenly doesnt.

especially as it is the things that worked best that break.

and tactic is still working on Bury save...

Maybe it the lower leagues but I'am not seeing mad dribbles or anything maybe it because I doing well but I like the new match engine I have only conceded 7 goals in 10 league games and scored 19.

I'am also not seeing the number of shot everybody else is my average is around 14 whilst I'am keeping the op to around 7 per game.

I'am enjoying the new patch and that's to the tactics moderators for help when I needed it

Playing my 41221 was quite challenging on 13.1...but now it's just clicking continue and winning...don't know should I be happy or worried :)

^ this.

Barcelona had 4 OG in the first 10 matches of the season, though they have yet to concede one in months.

I remember one game Jordi Alba score one on each goal lololol

had that happen to a regen defender of mine earlier in the season. I thought the commentary was hilarious... "and that's his 2nd of the game".. lol

I have decided not to stop playing the game now but to stop playing it seriously so i can just enjoy it. I shall be creating various databases on Editor and any bugs and problems i see i shall post on here because i don't like seeing one of my favourite games in such a poor state. Keep up the hard work SI. Although many people are very frustrated i'm sure just as many or more are thankful for the effort being put in to make this game live up to the high potential that it has.

A few things i have noticed are

-Player at the edge of the area (defending corners) often drifts inside the area leaving an attacker outside the area free

-2 or 3 players seem to be closing down a single player meaning space and players being left wide open (kinda like you see at kids football match

-There are still occasions where the defender will move away from the ball rather than go to it and make a simply interception (happens often when a winger knocks the ball ahead)

-When players jump for a header they often drift backwards/forwards to head the ball (very unrealistic and has frustrated me for a long time)

-Defenders fail to run at an angle a player is cutting inside from the wing (a CB for example will run straight forward so that he is close to the attacker but as the attacker is running away from right to left and the CB ran straight forward it's easy for the winger to simply run past him with ease)

-The keepers passing from open play is inconsistent. I have it set to short and sometimes he will do that and sometimes he will just poorly kick it up the field. The amount of pressure being put on him seems to have little influence

-Defender collect is still not working

Worst single Match Engine update on an SI game for me. Unless it gets another update this has totally broken the game for me.

Had an example game as Arsenal (top and unbeaten) against Chelsea in the FA prem, which having continued that saved game from that point on 3 other occasions (1st season), on each previous occasion I had won or drawn in a low scoring match.

After the ME update I played the game 10 times as an experiment. On every single occasion, regardless of tactical choices I made, not only did I lose (I can live with that), but the fixture was suddenly 5-1, 5-3, 5-4, 6-5, 6-4, 4-2, 4-3, 5-3, 4-0, 5-4.

On each occasion I frequently had 3 or 4 defenders following around 1 attacker and leaving my penalty area vacant. Each time, Chelsea scored at least two goals from long throws. Each time at least one team had an attacker replicate maradona or messi's famous wonder goals dribbling past half a team. My midfield no longer attempts to pass to each other and my full backs and wingers just endlessly sprint down the line for ever and ever and ever.

I tried playing on further, and its no better. I tried in with another save with Fiorentina with a completely different squad, formation and philosophy and the comedy dribbling goal fests kept coming.

If i need to alter tactics I can live with that, but its suddenly become a farce.

First time I have ever felt the need to complain about the ME.

I have decided not to stop playing the game now but to stop playing it seriously so i can just enjoy it. I shall be creating various databases on Editor and any bugs and problems i see i shall post on here because i don't like seeing one of my favourite games in such a poor state. Keep up the hard work SI. Although many people are very frustrated i'm sure just as many or more are thankful for the effort being put in to make this game live up to the high potential that it has.

-Player at the edge of the area (defending corners) often drifts inside the area leaving an attacker outside the area free

-2 or 3 players seem to be closing down a single player meaning space and players being left wide open (kinda like you see at kids football match

-There are still occasions where the defender will move away from the ball rather than go to it and make a simply interception (happens often when a winger knocks the ball ahead)

-When players jump for a header they often drift backwards/forwards to head the ball (very unrealistic and has frustrated me for a long time)

-Defenders fail to run at an angle a player is cutting inside from the wing (a CB for example will run straight forward so that he is close to the attacker but as the attacker is running away from right to left and the CB ran straight forward it's easy for the winger to simply run past him with ease)

-The keepers passing from open play is inconsistent. I have it set to short and sometimes he will do that and sometimes he will just poorly kick it up the field. The amount of pressure being put on him seems to have little influence

If you see bugs, post them in the bugs thread with PKMs/saved games :thup:

I commend you on your positive attitude, although you'd probably be doing the game better service by posting directly to the bugs forum if you encounter particular issues. In this thread, they'll get talked about but there's no guarantee of them getting investigated, and you'll be directed that way anyway.

Hopefully you don't now encounter the editor issues that some others have reported since the update.

Reading allot of the same feedback i have to report back to you staff of SI.

Increase in overlaps from my backs ( if they are told to overlap or not)

Increase in shots ( from both teams in match )

Increase in drbbling ( specially from wingers and full/wing backs )

Increase in Goals ( seems easier to score now, goes both ways )

All this new changes can be good or bad, depending on how good your tactic are. If you screw up your tactic, or misread your opponent you will be the sorry one (meaning

your the one letting in goals). Ive found it to be easier to counter the opposition now, not sure if thats a good thing or not. But it seems realistic now. As long as i got stronger players than the opposition, my counter actions against opposition tactic will 90% result in goals and around 80% result in a rigged victory to me. Of course, its logical. If i can counter the opposition tactic i should be coming out as winner. Yes? So, congrats SI. It now is actually possibley to counter the opposition and win matches. :)

On the other hand, i cant get the feeling its a little to easy. I mean, i got to the EURO Cup groupe stage with Tromsø (TIL) from norway, they are in reality a top 4 team here.

So, sure in reality they also made it to groupe stake, hell they even almost beat Athletico Bilbao in Spain back in 2009. Where they where leading 1-2, but ended up losing 3-2.

Anyway back to the point. I now face Athletic Bilbao in my group. I actually beat them 2-0 at my Home. Also 3 matches before this, i beat Molde (which is the club Ole gunner Solskjaer is managing in real life and ingame) 1-5 at they home. And Molde is the strongest team in norway next to Rosenborg following them behind on the table.

I simply ( not saying it was ) countered molde, winning 1-5. Previous meating i draw them 2-2 at my Home. But this was before i manage to understand how to counter theyr tactic.

Would you SI game staff want to see some proof of some kind? I can explain how i countered all this "Hard" matches which resulted in a comfortable win.

Well.. My tactic is based on Wing play, fast technicially. And my wingers do produce both goals and assist. Just how i planned it in my head. Just hope i can make a same

successfull tactic based on Offensive midfielder central. That would be awesome. :)

If any of you wonder, im leading the league with 16 wins, 4 draws and 2 loss +32 goals and 52 points. Molde on second with 48points and 1 game less played then me.

Have played 22 games so far, 8 more to go. Gonna gun for them all tonight so i can go to sleep with knowing how my season ended.

The one thing I wanted fixed (defenders treating balls crossed into the box as the plague) got fixed, so I'm pretty happy with this update. That impending sense of doom when your player/opposition makes a run on the wing has finally gone away.

That's a valid point BUT what about the majority who don't want to have to start again to avoid residual effects?

The one thing I wanted fixed (defenders treating balls crossed into the box as the plague) got fixed, so I'm pretty happy with this update. That impending sense of doom when your player/opposition makes a run on the wing has finally gone away.

This has definitely improved. If they can balance this with the dribbling being less potent and resolving the bunching, I'll be happy again, as I suspect the set-pieces thing is down to inadequate training on my part. Will keep an eye on my recurring minor injuries.

On each occasion I frequently had 3 or 4 defenders following around 1 attacker and leaving my penalty area vacant. Each time, Chelsea scored at least two goals from long throws. Each time at least one team had an attacker replicate maradona or messi's famous wonder goals dribbling past half a team. My midfield no longer attempts to pass to each other and my full backs and wingers just endlessly sprint down the line for ever and ever and ever.

This ^

And my main save with a team and tactic successful for 3 seasons that brought a team fighting relegation to the knock out fase of the CL, solid as a rock defense, 2 CB from the national team doubling up on strikers and getting skinned and FB turning to the line while the opposition cut inside.

Having spend weeks fine tuning my main formation tactics now i have to start over and CORRECT most of the individual player instructions sliders.

Thanks a lot!

Keep up the good job listening and trying to please the masses and "fixing" something that isn't broken.

:thdn:

Huh, I think I'm actually going to like FM13 now...

Ball physique much improved - especially set pieces and long shots.

Tackles improved.

Visually my team plays worse now and the AI better. Fine by me as results now actually reflects what's going on. No more 2 runs down the flanks to secure AI victory.

Haven't noticed sliding (own) goals. Still there are crosses but these are better handled by defence.

This are all indeed positives that I have noticed.

Have played about 10 games now on a test run and I can honestly say that every goal I have conceded is either :

Long shot.

Player dribbles like Messi through the middle.

Player dribbles wide like Messi and cuts in to score at a very difficult angle.

And yet I am only conceding a handful of chances even though players do not tackle, mind you I can't actually remembering them ever tackling in FM !!!

Just to clarify still a lot of in match injuries although training ground ones seem to have reduced.

Biggest gripe though is all teams seem to play the same no matter whether it's Man City or Stoke. I lost a narrow 0-1 against Man City and yet lose 2-0 at home to Stoke with them passing it around like Brazil. Teams don't seem to have their own style or ability level and yet every team you play against seem to play Arsenal/Swansea like football. All a bit samey.

I must say FM 13 for me seems all a bit of a lottery whether you win, lose or draw.

Just had arteta beat five men and round the keeper whilst playing as a DLP (D)....hmmm

Maybe a bit OTT for a DLP(D), but if in IRL someone did that I'd be delighted (maybe not an Arsenal player cos I'm a Utd fan!!).

But does it happen often?

If it happens now and again I'd be happy that a player takes a bit of responsibility. ( Saudi Arabian Owairan got one of the best goals in WC history by dribbling past a load of Belgians in 94; He never played for a big club so presumably he wasn't great but...)

I would say passing is alot better. Now you can swifty string 10+passes together. Player animations are still strange, they look like there skating on ice.

Pressing is way to extreme. I have 3 attackers chasing down the gk. You should try to implement a way where you can instruct players to press certain players and area's on the pitch.

Inside forwards? Do they even exist? I havent seen my inside forward make one diagonal run inbehind when my striker comes deep. They just play as a normal wide player and occasional dribble inside. I wish you could instruct where exactly you want your players to make runs too. A bit like the old Champ Man series where you had arrows on the tactics screen.

Full backs make insane crazy dribbles 50 yards infield.

Thats all i picked up on so far. Will post again when played it more.

Agree with all of this

after playing three match the goal i concede both is long shot

And the goal keeper is silly always throw the ball to the opposite

i just dislike this ME as every team is the same, dribbling dribbling dribbling and long shot

why SI always put some new ME without a test?

It is a clearly problem easy to see even u have just played for one match

Too much dribbling Too much Long shot and also the defender still like chasing one person

Good liked to show my displeasure with the new Patch 13.2, the first game is less realistic, you can earn as much as 5-0 out in the next game to lose 5-1 at home .... Once per game but are there target of 40 shots by the teams, I know that people like goals but is not so ...

I like change, I like innovation but not so uncharacteristic makes the game, like the SI revise again the Patch 13.2 and make a new actualizão more real and playable praiserworthy this game.

Archived