Match Engine Update 13.2 - ME feedback here please.

With the utmost respect Neil what happened with the testing for this patch? I think some people find it hard to believe that certain bugs they notice in a few games aren't picked up by SI in the testing process. Its baffling really. Not the end of the world mind you, its disappointing but no point getting angry about it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neil I would like to ask 1 thing.

What do you think SI have learned from this release?

I have went from pretty annoyed at the release to being pretty happy,others have had an opposite reaction.

You now have had the game on Steam for a couple of years,I honestly thought we would see more updates as it is a lot easier to add the updates for the player base.

Maybe it is a bit unfair as it is a new ME but again maybe it is a bit unfair that it is clear the ME was not ready for release,no matter how we spin the tactics thing it was not ready.

Is it now the time to talk with SEGA and just release a new game once every 2 years and just an 'update' for sale on Steam in the years in between as DLC?

Surely something has to change,maybe a transfer update and some fixes every second year and a new game every year in between must be on the table?

At the very least there has to be a very large increase in the beta testers.

I think i'm playing a different game to everybody else as i've had none of these problems?! The amount of goals hasn't gone mental, my players aren't dribbling more than normal, a few more free kicks scored but not obscene amounts.

• Administrators
With the utmost respect Neil what happened with the testing for this patch? I think some people find it hard to believe that certain bugs they notice in a few games aren't picked up by SI in the testing process. Its baffling really. Not the end of the world mind you, its disappointing but no point getting angry about it.

Well I can only voice my opinion on this one - we played a very large number of games and honestly didn't come across the amount of crazy scorelines as we've seen since the release. In my own home game (playing in Turkey) I honestly haven't had any crazy scorelines whatsoever. However, at the highest levels and the very best teams the problem seems more common which would suggest the very best teams are much more likely to encounter high-end scores. This would also point the finger at users who have been playing for a number of years and have created very strong teams - they're much more likely to encounter it than say a user starting as a middling Championship team first season.

Some bugs are picked up but on occasions the severity isn't realised. I was asked before we released 'did I think this match engine was better than the one we released in the last update' and I answered honestly yes I did. I don't regret the answer from one perspective as I honestly do believe that is the case - however I do regret the fact that at the higher end users have encountered scorelines which they feel are unrealistic and feel because of that they're enjoying the game less. I play the game as much as anyone (currently 350+ hours on my home save - I hope some of that has been idle else my girlfriend surely hates me) as do a large number of the SI guys - we all want it to be the best possible game it can be.

We really do appreciate anyone who has taken the time to provide a save or constructive feedback - I know that can be difficult when you feel certain aspects aren't as good or realistic as you'd hope they'd be - but all the constructive feedback really really does help. Thanks.

Well I can only voice my opinion on this one - we played a very large number of games and honestly didn't come across the amount of crazy scorelines as we've seen since the release. In my own home game (playing in Turkey) I honestly haven't had any crazy scorelines whatsoever. However, at the highest levels and the very best teams the problem seems more common which would suggest the very best teams are much more likely to encounter high-end scores. This would also point the finger at users who have been playing for a number of years and have created very strong teams - they're much more likely to encounter it than say a user starting as a middling Prem team first season.

Some bugs are picked up but on occasions the severity isn't released. I was asked before we released 'did I think this match engine was better than the one we released in the last update' and I answered honestly yes I did. I don't regret the answer from one perspective as I honestly do believe that is the case - however I do regret the fact that at the higher end users have encountered scorelines which they feel are unrealistic and feel because of that they're enjoying the game less. I play the game as much as anyone (currently 350+ hours on my home save - I hope some of that has been idle else my girlfriend surely hates me) as do a large number of the SI guys - we all want it to be the best possible game it can be.

We really do appreciate anyone who has taken the time to provide a save or constructive feedback - I know that can be difficult when you feel certain aspects aren't as good or realistic as you'd hope they'd be - but all the constructive feedback really really does help. Thanks.

Fair enough. I guess its just one of those things. I haven't even come across any of these problems, as you say it seems to be a problem for big clubs and I haven't been a big club since the latest patch but given some of the feedback its obvious its a major problem. I think it may be more disappointing for people because of it being Christmas strangely. Some of us probably have time off work or aren't at school/college/uni so people want to use that time to play FM (bugger spending time with family ha) and these crazy scorelines/messi like dribbling is obviously spoiling the game for many.

I am in full belief this next patch/hotfix whatever you want to call it will be perfect :D

Think small and simple. That works best. Dont touch the player instructions, and start using shouts regarding to the feedback you get from your assistan manager from "statistic". If you get a sayiing from him that you have a hard time holding possession, you should try the possession shouts. Also remember controll and defence are those of possession type of play, counter and attacking are none possession play. Standard is a mix of those. Then you set up your strategy depending on what info you get from your assistant.

Seems people underestimate the power of an assistant. Im using mine every singel game, and i keep winning because of his good observations. But sure, i also lose game. Some times i just dont have a good day at work, and your players are not performing well. However, you can avoid this by rotating your squad good every singel game, by doing this you keep most of your team in match fit ( which is super important in the late stage of the season when tired players will hurt you ), and also remember to rest players that are playing all of your games etc. I remember those days when FM was a click click, play, click click kinda game. Now, u acutally need to pay attention and rotate your team.

Just going to add a bit more to my opinion from the previous page. I played a few more matches and the defending was just silly. I honestly think you would see better if you went to watch a pub team on a Sunday morning. They just totally dither and do stupid things. Any good player just runs through them and scores. At other times the defenders are just totally static. I had to stop playing and I can't continue with this match engine. I am honestly so disappointed with FM this year as a whole and this is the 1st time I have ever said that. In the past I have praised FM and SI to so many people but I can't do that at the moment.

As a query and I have no programming knowledge what so ever, is there no way that SI could roll out the old match engine (from 13.1 or whatever it was) until they can start the hard work on it again after the New Year? I know it wasn't perfect but at least it was playable and people will accept having to still use it until updates come out at a later date.

Strange, I remember pages and pages of people shouting about how unplayable 13.1 was.

In fact, I can remember pages and pages of people shouting about how unplayable every single release of FM has been, ever.

People need to calm down, quite frankly. Sure there's bugs, but in most cases* it's nowhere near as bad as people are making out.

*that Argentina-Ecuador match is mental

Well I can only voice my opinion on this one - we played a very large number of games and honestly didn't come across the amount of crazy scorelines as we've seen since the release. In my own home game (playing in Turkey) I honestly haven't had any crazy scorelines whatsoever. However, at the highest levels and the very best teams the problem seems more common which would suggest the very best teams are much more likely to encounter high-end scores. This would also point the finger at users who have been playing for a number of years and have created very strong teams - they're much more likely to encounter it than say a user starting as a middling Championship team first season.

Some bugs are picked up but on occasions the severity isn't realised. I was asked before we released 'did I think this match engine was better than the one we released in the last update' and I answered honestly yes I did. I don't regret the answer from one perspective as I honestly do believe that is the case - however I do regret the fact that at the higher end users have encountered scorelines which they feel are unrealistic and feel because of that they're enjoying the game less. I play the game as much as anyone (currently 350+ hours on my home save - I hope some of that has been idle else my girlfriend surely hates me) as do a large number of the SI guys - we all want it to be the best possible game it can be.

Neil, ive been a faithful player of your games since you started on the CM3 series, and all the way up to FM 13. CM 01/02 was however the last CM i played.

And since this time, i have never scored a goal with my goal keeper - until right now a couple of min ago.

Wanna see the rep of the goal perhaps? hehe

Is it coded in, that a goal keeper can make a loooooong shot/pass and it will end up in goal? My goal keeper struck the ball around 10 meters from my own 16meter mark.

It went all the way up to my opposition goal, and in it went. :p was saying to myself, "i cant believe it". Been allot of these going on lately, wierd goals, lots of goals, lots of shots. Might be a little to much of everything?

3313h9h.jpg

complete shambles way too many shots and direct running without way to stop replayed this game about 10 times with similar results

Thats insane! Not sure we had a result like that in england before? If so, when did we have 11 goals in a premier league match?

In fact, it's very hard frankly speaking to both SI and users. Through all these years people been playing the game, our request and demand surely increases a lot. That's why ME alone is being singled out and payed way way much more attention to nowadays. We don't mean to be harsh. Ten years back, we'd not be asking too much. A decent balanced engine would just work fine enough. Usually we users are asked to be constructive and stay humble and providing evidence, of course, we should, but sometimes we can just be not wanting to. If so many people say there's problem in maybe too many shots or goals or dribbles, there may well likely be, which means at least the balance in some area is affected in the long run. So this time we as users should be understood. And we don' have all day, and we hadn't eaten too much food and got nothing else to do as to mess things up with photoshop. We should not complain about buying something useless or unplayable which is actually not that bad. But to some people (not a small number of) we can at least express some dissatisfaction about the product we bought, which is not a lie and may be inconstructive, or actually constructive.

As has already been brought up, and I know SI are aware of it, players dribbling has become massively overpowered, and too many goals are scored because of it.

I mean, my winger who predominantely got assists not goals has started dribbling in and scoring, my AMC has started dribbling more and scoring more, my other winger is having a field day. While I've had my right back who hasn't scored in 2 years, get 3 goals in about 10 games because he dribbled from right back.

To be fair, all of my attacking players and my first choice full backs are very good dribblers, but this has made them overpowered.

ARGGGHHHHHH INJURIES.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that atm I'm getting at least one injury a match. And this is over the last 9/10 games. Last match I had 4. Current match I've had 3. The thing is though, the majority of these injuries aren't actually showing up after the match. It's like they've never happened.

This is honestly making the game unplayable. I'm finishing matches with 9/10 players.

Had a 10-1 and an 11-0 on the bounce at one point in my game. My team is good enough to do that , but it's not quite right.

Your team is good enough to win 10-1 or 11-0? Im sorry, but is your IQ lower then a donkey? There has been NO result like that in many many many years, and to be honest i im sure there has been any 10/11 goals scored by 1 team in 1 match. I might be wrong, and there has been 1 or 2 matches the last 100 years with this result.

So please, dont make a fool out of your self and say stupid stuff like, "theyr good enough to do that". o_O

Fancy posting your save over in the bugs forum? You're the first person I've seen complaining about it in this patch.

Yeah can do. I didn't have a big issue with injuries on the previous patch, it literally has started with this one.

Case in point. I'm one min into a game at Spurs and Gibbs is injured. Yet I bet after the match there is nothing about him being injured.

a3166g.png

* 46 shots in one match!

* 22 on goal

My team losing 5-2 to Bayern Munich ( which i never expected to win and the loss is acceptable and realistic )

BUT, Im worried about the shots. Its really ridiculous, 46 shots in one match in a pro game is really not realistic by far. ( Hope SI staff are reading this now )

And the worse ennoying thing beside the shots on goal, are the running and dribbling. ( which im sure you allready are aware of is a big problem for us players )

Now you might say, "Tromsø" shouldnt even be in Champions league. True, they have never been there in real life. However, They have beatn chealse 3-2 in Norway, but lost the match in london against chelsea 7-1. And not in once of these UEFA CUP matchup against chelsea did they have over 40 shots at Tromsø. This was back in the time when Zola and Viali where the big boys.

So, i shouldnt even be scoring 2 goals in munchen nor should there be so many shots.

I cant urge this enough, you have to fix this problem SI, please.

Oh my, I've encountered the dribble bug. This is really bad. There's nothing you can do. Whole team has allowed Bale and HBA run past them a total of 12 times in the opening 30 mins. This is really disappointing. I was, own goals aside, enjoying this game on the last patch. Now it has been ruined again.

Your team is good enough to win 10-1 or 11-0? Im sorry, but is your IQ lower then a donkey? There has been NO result like that in many many many years, and to be honest i im sure there has been any 10/11 goals scored by 1 team in 1 match. I might be wrong, and there has been 1 or 2 matches the last 100 years with this result.

So please, dont make a fool out of your self and say stupid stuff like, "theyr good enough to do that". o_O

I'm not more stupid than a donkey, but you sir are an ass.

I have a team with truly world class players(I'd guess their CA's are all over 190) in every position. Imagine a team with Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao, Iniesta, Xavi(not that I have these players, just world class regens who I think are as good), I'm pretty certain with them attacking you'd get that result eventually.

Coupled with the fact that in the game teams often don't build good teams and have weak defences, it's not unreasonable.

So back off, and stop talking about things you know nothing about. If you continue to be antagonistic I won't respond as I don't wish to clog up the feedback thread.

Oh my, I've encountered the dribble bug. This is really bad. There's nothing you can do. Whole team has allowed Bale and HBA run past them a total of 12 times in the opening 30 mins. This is really disappointing. I was, own goals aside, enjoying this game on the last patch. Now it has been ruined again.

Bale completed 16 dribbles in one match. Farce. Eden Hazard has an average of 16.25 a game. SIXTEEN POINT TWO FIVE. That's insane.

1pukk8.png

You see my goal scorer, is my goal keeper!!! And this was no penalty nor a corner goal.

2q222wz.png

This is how it all started..

fkw6k0.png

30kspe1.png

2z7k514.png

i2ocuo.png

166d8c9.png

2w4dy6a.png

Well.. i guess there is a first for everything.. hope im the only one having this happend to, would be a shame if its normal that a goal keeper scores like this.

Wow, I must be the only one who is actually pleased with new ME changes ;P

Im currently playing with low league club Alfreton and for me new ME made huge improvement. I'm watching most of my games in full match mode and before it was just too painful for my eyes. My players often looked like ******** monkeys on the field - made stupid decisions, missed tons of easy passes etc. IF and fullbacks were completely cut out of play. Long range ball physics just looked horrible. Somehow I still managed to win most of my games, mostly thanks to solid defending.

New ME changed it all. Now I really enjoy watching how my team plays. Passing is hugely improved, players now actually find their target. I often see some really cool combinations in final third and whole teamplay looks much more dangerous. Fullbacks and IF are now back in the game and players are not afraid of loose ball anymore (previous ME made them usually run away from the ball or just to ignore it). So far I've not seen anything unusual - game scores are still normal, shot attempt numbers are reasonable, defenders don't have problems with dribblers. So i'm pretty pleased with new changes :)

I've only noticed that teams are now trying to make more long shots, my lone striker lost some importance (wide players and midfielders are now more effective). Nothing serious though. The only annoying thing is that players sometimes kick the ball upfield without any logical reason. Maybe it's just awful attempt to make through ball - cause it happens only with comment "plays the ball forward".

sorry for my english :)

Where a team scores 10 or 11 goals dude. And that 7-4 havent happen often. You can count on 1 hand how often there has been more then 10 goals in a match in premier league the last 100 years.

Your question which I replied to was asking when we last had 11 goals in a match. My answer was correct. You just forgot the question.

That's the only game with more than 10 goals, though there are 3 with 10 goals in them. All in the past 5 years.

So in recent history it's not unheard of for a match to reach double figures.

It's all irrelevant anyway, as I accepted right from my first post that it wasn't right that I managed two amazing results like that in a row. If any team was to do it in real life it would be a team with the players I have in my team.

I'm not more stupid than a donkey, but you sir are an ass.

I have a team with truly world class players(I'd guess their CA's are all over 190) in every position. Imagine a team with Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao, Iniesta, Xavi(not that I have these players, just world class regens who I think are as good), I'm pretty certain with them attacking you'd get that result eventually.

Coupled with the fact that in the game teams often don't build good teams and have weak defences, it's not unreasonable.

So back off, and stop talking about things you know nothing about. If you continue to be antagonistic I won't respond as I don't wish to clog up the feedback thread.

I know nothing about? Dude, ill use the past as evidence. How many games you know of where you see a 10-0 victory in England? Please, let me know when you google when last time a team in England won 10-0, 10-1, 11-0, 11-1 in premier league. And YES, you ARE a DONKEY sir when you can say something as stupid as that.

Not even sure Barcelona have won that many 10-0 the last 10 years, or any at all. Oh wait, i think i might remember they won with 10 or something goals. I might be wrong however. So please, make a fool out of your self, and tell us all again. Your team is what?

When not even Spain can win 10-0 over luxemborg, and you mean your team is good enough to score 10 goals in 1 match? Tell me, do you also think your team should win all 38 of 38 in the league as well. Your a lost case dude, truly. Be a little more realistic and thank god your not one of the coders of Football Manager. Or are you the one responsible for this new patch maybe? o_O haha

Your question which I replied to was asking when we last had 11 goals in a match. My answer was correct. You just forgot the question.

That's the only game with more than 10 goals, though there are 3 with 10 goals in them. All in the past 5 years.

So in recent history it's not unheard of for a match to reach double figures.

It's all irrelevant anyway, as I accepted right from my first post that it wasn't right that I managed two amazing results like that in a row. If any team was to do it in real life it would be a team with the players I have in my team.

Which team has scored 10 goals in total in a match in premier league the last couple of 5 years? You could as well said 20 matches have had 10 goals in it last 5 years. Just dont say stuff, Prove what you say as well! I dont know you, nor trust you so your word dont mean anything unless you can back it up. So, what teams are we talking about scored these 10 goals?

Guess nothing of these questions are relevant, so its ok i guess. But do you get my point? Its NOT realistic when there is so many goals. You might done it 2 games in a row (which is even more unrealistic), but if im not to wrong, the other teams in your league have also won with lots of goals so far?

I know nothing about? Dude, ill use the past as evidence. How many games you know of where you see a 10-0 victory in England? Please, let me know when you google when last time a team in England won 10-0, 10-1, 11-0, 11-1 in premier league. And YES, you ARE a DONKEY sir when you can say something as stupid as that.

Not even sure Barcelona have won that many 10-0 the last 10 years, or any at all. Oh wait, i think i might remember they won with 10 or something goals. I might be wrong however. So please, make a fool out of your self, and tell us all again. Your team is what?

When not even Spain can win 10-0 over luxemborg, and you mean your team is good enough to score 10 goals in 1 match? Tell me, do you also think your team should win all 38 of 38 in the league as well. Your a lost case dude, truly. Be a little more realistic and thank god your not one of the coders of Football Manager. Or are you the one responsible for this new patch maybe? o_O haha

I've pointed out it's not impossible to see a game with 10 or more goals in it. It just happens that on this occasion in game, they were mine. Also, no team in the world has ever had as good a team as I've got(which is perhaps a fault in the game, it's too easy after 6-7 years to put together a top class team that overpowers the opposition because the AI can simply never team build as well as the human player, meaning human teams become much stronger, and AI teams become much weaker). So no, it was not stupid and you're being offensive to say so.

You're making the mistake of comparing my team to a real life team, when it's a team in a game. And my team is better than Barcelona, while the teams I get to play have weakened. So in game terms, it's easy to see how if things just click, my team could win by 10 goals.

No, I don't think my team should win 38 games in the league, that would be boring, and if I wanted to do that I could just load up every game I lost again> please don't assume my thought processes, you can barely cope with your own. And I'm being realistic, as I have already pointed out, I acknowledged that it was not right that I win so massively twice in two games. 1 freak result can happen however.

Just because Spain don't win 10 nil has more to do with the style they play, they pass it around, so there is more build up. My team is direct with it's running and passing, so even if you take into account the extra chances this ME creates, my team will still have a lot of chances, which is a lot more chances to score.

Which team has scored 10 goals in total in a match in premier league the last couple of 5 years? You could as well said 20 matches have had 10 goals in it last 5 years. Just dont say stuff, Prove what you say as well! I dont know you, nor trust you so your word dont mean anything unless you can back it up. So, what teams are we talking about scored these 10 goals?

Guess nothing of these questions are relevant, so its ok i guess. But do you get my point? Its NOT realistic when there is so many goals. You might done it 2 games in a row (which is even more unrealistic), but if im not to wrong, the other teams in your league have also won with lots of goals so far?

So I have to prove everything, but you get to make claims about what I'm thinking without proof? Right. But I'll do you the courtesy and provide you them. You could just use google, it's not as if I'm making claims which are tough to verify, so I don't appreciate you doubting me after insulting me.

Spurs 6-4 Reading - 29th Dec 2007

Spurs 9-1 Wigan -22nd Nov 2009

Man U 8-2 Arsenal. 28th August 2011

That's 3 games in the last 5 years where 10 goals have been scored.

Again, I have admitted from the start it's not realistic! How have you not read that yet? :confused:

ARGGGHHHHHH INJURIES.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that atm I'm getting at least one injury a match. And this is over the last 9/10 games. Last match I had 4. Current match I've had 3. The thing is though, the majority of these injuries aren't actually showing up after the match. It's like they've never happened.

This is honestly making the game unplayable. I'm finishing matches with 9/10 players.

I had exactly the same for the first game month and a half after the patch, and now its just stopped....

The game is almost unplayable because of it. I just hope that SI would fix this in a quick fix patch or something like that.

Yeah it's gone too far. Hopefully somewhere in the middle and it'll be ideal.

If you've got it working that well, chances are when the new ME gets rolled out then it'll still be successful (though obviously not to the same extent).

Bale completed 16 dribbles in one match. Farce. Eden Hazard has an average of 16.25 a game. SIXTEEN POINT TWO FIVE. That's insane.

In my 5th season with Dortmund, I played against Chelsea in Super Cup. Harzard had 21 run on me. I have no answer to this. Close down, tackle just can't stop him. I adapted a "sound" default 4231 without any touch of individual instruction. Using shout out to right the wrong my team made in game. After patch 13.2, I honestly have no ideal how to play it.

SI need a proactive investigation on this now. Don't sit there and asking your paid customer to provide saved to help you out. Start a new game at highest league, play it yourself.

87A25E555FEB71672012-12-234E0A5348104540_zpsb2b7ea46.png

I reload the same game, play another used to be "sound" default 4231 with defensive mental. Harzard been tackled hard, show weak feet, tight mark, close down always. He still have no problem at all.

87A25E555FEB71672012-12-234E0A5348113153_zps1a23a754.png

Third time replay same game. Same tactic but change duty of FBs to defend. Not working, at least for Harzard.

87A25E555FEB71672012-12-234E0B5348121516_zpsecb08508.png

Finally managing to get some results now made couple of tactical changes. Set the wingers to run with ball often and full backs from support to defend and close down oppositions wingers and go in hard. Theo just ran passed 8 players and scored and Gervinho done same thing match before. I'm probably hitting the post at least twice a match as well, i am happy that i am winning but its quite ridiculous to be honest.

So I have to prove everything, but you get to make claims about what I'm thinking without proof? Right. But I'll do you the courtesy and provide you them. You could just use google, it's not as if I'm making claims which are tough to verify, so I don't appreciate you doubting me after insulting me.

Spurs 6-4 Reading - 29th Dec 2007

Spurs 9-1 Wigan -22nd Nov 2009

Man U 8-2 Arsenal. 28th August 2011

That's 3 games in the last 5 years where 10 goals have been scored.

Again, I have admitted from the start it's not realistic! How have you not read that yet? :confused:

3 games in 5 years, 3 games. :) How many games are played in 5 years really? thats allot. ;) And so few times it happens. Out of the box, i actually saw that game against Arsenal. :p

You did admitt it? Im sorry then. My mistake for not reading that part.

Thank you for this interesting proof display! How Tottenham have manage a 9-1 victory, i cant believe my eyes.

aceh6g.png

Okey now im confused. Im actually beating Lyon at theyr own field after being behind 1-3 and 3-4 to turn it around and win 6-4 !!!!

Ive learned something about this new patch.

Its balanced in the lower leagues. You guys actually sorted out how to make the players not play like donkeys, sure now they play like messi with 7 in long shots and

like vidic with 4 in tackling. :p This is getting out of controll guys.

Also, have a look at the shots at goal hahaha.. Tromsø got like more then 20 shots at goal. xD

The funniest part, you can compare tromsø to be a top 4 team in the championship league in england. Thats how high standard my team got. And facing Lyon away shouldnt be possible to win, not even a draw.

Check this out as well:

wl6atc.png

I manage 2-2 against Bayern Munich at home!! Sure, if Tromsø manage to beat chelsea 3-2 at home in the 90's, im sure this would have been possible. But comon, they had 30 shots, 13 of wich on target only 2 goals. I on the other hand had 6 shots, 2 on target and 2 goals.

Eather im pretty darn good, or im just that good at reading this freaking game oooooor its way to buggy and unbalanced.

Guys i'm not enjoying FM right now as i was with the latest patch as well, and it's been set in stone that dribblings are an issue, but it's christmas, how would you feel being pressed to go to work on these days because some costumer is not happy with whatever they bought? And yet Neil said they are working on this ON THEIR OWN TIME. What more can you really ask? It's Christmas. Chill for a bit people. I can personally say, as much as i'd like FM working fine asap, these guys should have a peaceful happy christmas with their families, and i leave my wishes for that.

I do have a question tho' regarding Neil's statement about the testing quality.

As i'm deducting that most users will be training high profile teams shouldn't the tests be conducted within those lines?

More than that, while perfoming a test with something with so many variables as the ME you'd want to cut out of the equation as much variables, turning them into constants so you can actually analize each one without the influence of another variable right? Let's say from the scientific method, you'd like a control group with as less variables as possible.

My point here is, to test the ME it would be good if you could cut the "mistake" variable, now the easiest way would to just turn off whatever algorithm you using for this eliminating the "human error" variable, then these tests should be performed with the perfect players and by perfect i mean with 20 on each and every attribute they would require, after that every test conducted with a negative result would be known to be result as a flaw on the ME. If these tests were made under these, or other more controlled conditions the ME flaws would be seen at naked eye, if you could under these conditions let's say get 10% more shots than the highest realistic statistics for that, then you'd know a team like Barcelona would be on average perfoming within these same statistics, the same would then happen from these top teams to the bottom as those changes would be due to "prone to mistakes players", their quality and ofc whatever tactical weaknesses.

Although i do reckon football is not as linear as this, and surely not tryna act like a smart ass, sure as hell not trying to teach anyone how to do their job, but the fact that these tests are being made within the lines of Mid to low teams concerns me as the quality of the tests as why they the flaws are then so easily seen by us costumers. The base line should be either the best team possible, or the worst team possible, testing in between then you end up with High end players being Mr.MessY or low end players being brain dead. If top players are perfoming better than average while not being godlike, then players weaker than that will be also perfoming as they should.

All i'm asking is, do the tests with players like Messi, Hazard, Gotze, Neymar, tweak until you get them to do as much dribbles per game as they do in RL. You get that.. nobody can say again that their Mr.Average Joe is not doing as much dribbles as he should.

Happy xmas everyone :)

My game seems OK... Some high results but not to the level people have been showing here. I updated and played just under a month where I had these problems. My left back often dribbling all the way to the far right byline and really high scores. Won a few with ridiculous scores and lost a few with ridiculous scores, so I didnt save and started again. Since then, not an issue. Had some upsets etc but all in all not bad. Top dribbler in the league is Bale with 10. Game updated in November and I'm now in April playing in the Premier League as derby, on course to finish third for the second season in a row, so I am playing at a top level too.

The update has been decent actually. Some of the criticisms has been over the top. I remember seeing a lot of guys walking out on the previous patch, citing fun as the issue, and this patch has been quite fun so far.

My only two issues are the dribbling and poor defending issues. Once they're right, the number of chances will reduce, the number of goals will reduce, and the ME will be perfect.

My opinion has changed quite dramatically in the last 24 hours.

Yesterday I thought about posting my opinion on the patch and it would have been 'I'm seeing the problems people are quoting here of too many shots and dribbles, but not to a degree which damages the gameplay'. The patch kicked in for me 2/3rds of the way through the season so I compared matches played against the same opposition pre- and post patch. While neither was perfect the post patch ones were slightly more realistic. The matches against Newcastle exemplified it. Post patch I won 2-1 with 20 shots against 12: maybe a little high but better than winning 3-0 with 9 shots to 3.

There were some odd results but I could justify them by relating them to the real world. Arsenal had become a bit flakey, capable of beating Man Utd 6-0 but losing 8-1 to Man City, but real life Arsenal have had some erratic results in the last couple of years, and Arsenal losing heavily to Man City in a tropical monsoon isn't beyond the realm of possibility. Similarly my Spurs team did have a 4-5 defeat to Man City but it came at the end of a bad bout of fixture congestion; the Europa League Final v Barcelona, a potentially PL deciding fixture against Norwich and then the City game in 5 days, so I opted to pick my second XI against Barca, my strongest team against Norwich and whoever was left standing against City, and I ended up with an exhausted midfield but a couple of fit world class strikers for the City match (which was no longer a title decider as I'd beaten Norwich) so a high scoring match made sense.

There were too many dribbles even pre-patch. When I checked I found I'd been bringing Bale or Lennon on at 65 minutes and they would complete 6,7 or 8 dribbles in less than half an hour which is way too many.

I decided that posting 'it's not perfect but it's OK' was boring so instead of writing up my conclusions I resumed playing.

And in the 2nd season I did start seeing crazy scores: Chelsea's last five games have been 7-2,5-0,7-1(v Liverpool!),5-0, and 3-0. And that's not long after a run of 6-1,2-0,5-3,2-6 for them too. High class dribbling is way over-powered.

I'm not the type to rant: I understand FM is an immensely complex programme and that when you address one problem there's always the possibility that this will have an unintended adverse effect somewhere else so improving it will always be a '3 steps forward, 2 steps back' process, but this time around it seems to have turned out to be 2 steps forward 4 steps back.

Direct free kicks are much improved, though.

As things go I'm not sure I want to continue this save: I have no problem not using a corner exploit to preserve game balance, but I'm playing with Spurs. One of the great strengths of the squad is having players who are very good at running with the ball: Bale, Lennon, Dembele (and I've bought Wellington Nem too). Pre-patch 'run at defence' was one of my most used shouts and trying to "nerf" my team to bring them into line with the opposition (when AI Chelsea and Man City won't be abstaining fro playing to their strengths) seems a bit like managing Stoke and trying to play like Barcelona with their existing players.

I realise it's very, very, difficult to balance FM but to me this patch is less balanced than the previous one.

Guys i'm not enjoying FM right now as i was with the latest patch as well, and it's been set in stone that dribblings are an issue, but it's christmas, how would you feel being pressed to go to work on these days because some costumer is not happy with whatever they bought? And yet Neil said they are working on this ON THEIR OWN TIME. What more can you really ask? It's Christmas. Chill for a bit people. I can personally say, as much as i'd like FM working fine asap, these guys should have a peaceful happy christmas with their families, and i leave my wishes for that.

Happy xmas everyone :)

I do have to completely endorse that: I'd love FM to be perfect but it's only a game. The staff deserve a Christmas break - that's way more important than my game being less than perfect.

I do have to completely endorse that: I'd love FM to be perfect but it's only a game. The staff deserve a Christmas break - that's way more important than my game being less than perfect.

I'm not working on Christmas Day and Boxing Day and I wouldn't expect anyone else to. I would go as far as to say I would happily wait until early January for the next update if it meant it was an update that gave me a game I could really get stuck in to. Christmas is about giving presents (tat), eating too much and spending time with those that you love..... even if secretly you wish you could sneak some FM game time in. I'm closing the game down, logging off from here and giving my laptop a breather until after the festive fun and games. Have a good one everyone.

Archived