Have you ever??

Well, spill the beans, have you ever...

Unsaved, quit and re-played games?

Wore a Manager like jacket or tracksuit for a big game?

Had a conversation with yourself on the toilet like you were being interviewed about your team?

Not answered the phone as you were so immersed in a game?

Kicked your cat after a loss?

Had a massive argument with your significant other directly resulting form FM?

I can admit to 4 of these.. I'm not saying which, how about anyone else??

Had a conversation with yourself on the toilet like you were being interviewed about your team?

1. Tragically yes, many many years ago. Nowadays I only do this while trying to recreate results from before a crash

2. No

3. No

4. Yeah, but I generally tend to not answer my phone :D

5. No

6. Yes

Just the bolded one for me so far but must admit probably had the cat pretty worried a bunch of times due to getting a tad too vocal over an unjust defeat.:o

Ive played in the bath before..

IN the CM01/02 days I used to transfer my game to my laptop when I needed the toilet just to carry on playing. I was obviously too stupid to realise I was wasting more time transfering the game than actual time on the toilet

Surely most of us have done it at some point. I thought nothing of it in my teens. Haven't done it for about ten years now. I'm happy to say the idea never even occurs to me anymore, which I think is why defeat bothers me more than it did when I was younger.

I can honestly say I've never done this. Nor even considered it. I've probably done an Owen Coyle a few times, but it was entirely coincidental.

I still do this. Especially at work. It helps me get through the day.

I rarely answer the phone anyway.

I'm sure you're just being quirky here. Nothing that happens in FM is so serious that it warrants animal cruelty.

Not exactly directly, but the last girlfriend I had listed playing FM as something I'd rather than do than see her when she was hung up about me not wanting to see her. Daft thing is I always wanted to see her, but she wouldn't believe that. It's not often I have a significant other, though. Right now I'd give up FM just to find one...

yeah done most of them although never kicked the cat or the dog as i think both would destroy me after. one previous gf used to play fm as well and i would only argue if she beat the hell out of me in a joint game :)

I play big games on the tv in the living room. Glen Johnson scoring a 90th minute belter in the 2010 world cup final to give me a 2-1 win over Brazil in 50" glory is up there!

I collect footie shirts from montrose to middlesborough, from Chelsea to corinthians. If I have the shirt of the team I manage i wear it. If I don't I buy it a couple of seasons in.

From the op 3/6 for me.

yes

no

yes

yes

no!!!

yes

I don't do any on the list but I do use my FM10 mug when playing and have a picture of me sat on the actual bench at Anfield as my manager profile pic when I manage Liverpool.

Ah, but the question was whether you have ever done any of them. Have you really never once reloaded?

No, what's the point?

I've worn my Aberdeen shirt when managing them before.

Yes.

Yes.

Smashed a few mice before.

I'm afraid so. A bad FM run puts me in a foul mood, and anyone who dares to reason that it's "only a game" is getting snapped at.

Yes, hadn't done this for years until the other night....I know I shouldn't have but if I hadn't I might have been answering Yes to point 4!

No, but I've always been tempted.

Yes and pretty much everywhere I go especially when I just finished playing.

All the time.

Never kicked but as it sits on my lap whilst I play it usually ends up on the floor after a particularly good/bad result. It also gets the odd push when it's trying to tap the ball on screen.

Yes. Just last night my wife arrived home after a few nights away to coincide with me losing to Siena in Serie B with a pretty bad performance and to fall out of the promotion spots - i had to give myself a talking to so that it didn't reflect when I met her at the front door.

No and I would never do that.

No, I'm going to have to after reading this :)

Yes.

Yes, when playing online.

No.

No

Very, very rarely - mainly when I was younger. I did it recently in a playoff final when I accidentally left my substitute keeper off the bench and then my first choice got injured and I had to stick my striker in goal. It was a genuine error which cost me the match so I reloaded and won. Not strictly cheating, but I wasn't proud!

I would like to for a laugh, maybe in the days when I shared a house with my mates it would have been funny. If you're on you're own, it's a bit sad - I do know people that have done it though!

I often think about FM whilst on the toilet. In fact, I find myself thinking about it all the time!

Quite often

I don't have a cat, and if I did, I'd like to think I could play without my feline friend having to worry about an unexpected assault. However, I have been known to do some mouse slamming (of the peripheral kind, before anyone contacts the RSPCA)

Not really. An ex of mine often used to moan that I spent too much time on my laptop and not enough time talking to her. I just used to nod and agree... She actually got to the point where she gave up trying to change me and became quite supportive! She used to ask me how Oxford were getting on as if it was in real life!

Normally I'd consider reloading the ultimate sin, I have to admit I have done it once though. After WINNING the Champions League with Chelsea. I'll explain, I rested Cech before the final against Dortmund. Foolishly I forgot to put him back in the team and submitted my team for the final with Hilario between the sticks. I noticed immediately what a moron I was when I get to the pre match, I spend the whole of the first half cursing myself, too busy to see Hilario pull off save after save, the old guy was having the game of his career. First half ends, 0-0. Second half continues in much the same way as the first, Dortmund squander chances, Hilario continues to play out of his skin. Twice in the final ten minutes he denies Gotze when clean through. Then the moment comes, he launches the ball down field and finds Mata, Mata cuts inside and plays a beautiful pass to Sturridge (only playing due to injury to Torres), Sturridge takes a touch and unleashes an unstoppable shot into the bottom corner GOOOOOAAAALLLLLLLL, 88th minute winner and still enough time for another point blank Hilario save to deny Dortmund what would have been a much deserved leveler. Hilario man of the match. 1-0 win. Trophy in the bag...... but no.....

RELOAD. Why? Picking Hilario was an error, an error that in real life would have been impossible to make. Cech would have played. I had to reload, I had to deny Hilario the glory. It just wasn't right. I reload, pick the same team bar Hilario, all tactics the same. We get pumped 4-1. It hurt more than a little I can tell you, but I felt better in myself about the result.

Archived