[4-6-0] Won almost everything Athletic Bilbao

Hello everybody.

[The first thing I want to say it's that I'm not guarantee you incredible results and I haven't test that tactic with another team.]

So, I'm playing with Athletic Bilbao since 3 seasons (in game..) and I'm having some great results with a 4-6-0 so I wanted to share it with you.

I won the Liga BBVA twice, won the Europa League, won the Champions League and actually leading the league and the CL's stage.

With that tactic I saw beautiful play, short and fast passing, possesion. But sometimes not.. What I wanted to say is that sometimes you'll not have possesion and will concede stupid goals.

OI: Close down and thight marking every player of the opposition.

Shouts: see the picture below

Against strong team ( for me it was Barcelona and Real Madrid ) : Play the original tactic until you score and then play with the "defensive" one. It just make the IF in Defensive Winger, the DLP become BWM with defend duty, put the AM on support duty and drop back the Wing back and put them defend duty. I have to admit that you may conceed goal but it'll be a Messi or Ronaldo goal. I mean run, dribbling all your defender and scores.

Needed players:

Gk: a good one..

CD: Good and fast defender with a good passing

WB: Good at defending and attacking!

DM: It's better if it's a DC retrained at DM with a good passing

DLP: Must be quite good in everything.

AP: Good passing, dribbling. A classy one. It's one of the player with the 2 IF and the AMC who will scores.

IF: Dribbling, finishing and passing.

AMC: This is YOUR Messi. He must have very good stat in Dribbling, pace and must have good stat in finishing. The player instruction let him run run run and scores and that's you need when you can't score other way.

Some pictures now.

tactic: mini_822260tactic.jpg

team instructions: mini_305189teaminstruction.jpg

shouts: mini_599750shouts.jpg

hystory: mini_888904history.jpg

actual fixtures: mini_8875891415fixtures.jpg

previous fixtures: mini_2985771314fixures.jpg

mini_3509861314fixture2nd.jpg

current league: mini_780786currentleague.jpg

tactic against big team: mini_869246bigteam.jpg

mini_525460teaminstructionbigteam.jpg

Download links:

Normal tactic http://www.mediafire.com/?bld6bw191nx1zkk

Against big team: http://www.mediafire.com/?3c0dl2o49fl6x95

Waiting for feedback! And Enjoy! (I'm french sorry if there's some english's mistakes.)

tactic looks great, great ideas and great results! but it seems to concede quite a bit, although it definately scores quite a bit too! but not many clean sheets. i will have a look at it when i get home from work. do you play this tactic home and away and change to the defensive tactic when winning or do you use the defensive one for hard away games as the starting tactic?

edit: can you also post some screenshots of the previous years league table please

that link doesnt show me that screenshot lol shows me some other strange image. have you pinpointed how you concede most your goals? through the wings or through the middle? set pieces, through balls through middle of defense? crosses?

i'd say its because of the pushed up WB's. i've played this way before, and i dont think having them up the pitch instead of next to the CB's makes that much a difference offensively, but it does defensively, especially when playing a high d-line. you will concede a lot from crosses to the second post because they wont mark the wing opponent well and will make the CB's have to cover too much space, so they leave gaps for through balls. i'd play a flat back 4, even for the offensive tactic, and play around with the marking of the WB's to see which works best. personally i havent made up my mind on which works best, man or zonal marking on full-backs, but i tend to go with man marking with no tight marking, otherwise they will sometimes mark the forward instead of the winger.

@veez. I'll try to play a flat back 4 and put marking on full back.

@vivi71: Non je l'ai testé qu'avec l'Athletic Bilbao

remember to take tight marking off the FB's.

again, flat back 4 i know will work better defensively, in terms of the man marking on FB's, the jury is still out, i havent yet been able to put my finger on the best combination of settings here.

Wouldnt the DMC be better as an anchorman? (it seems like when you say a defender turned DMC with some passing its the same as an anchorman)

Also if you concede from throughballs changing 1 dc to stopper and 1 to cover might be worth a try.

Im gonna try this with Liverpool.

Where can I find the shouts option? Because I get the option match plans but no shouts.

Thanks

Click on create new.

It's obvious he got a bank boost with such players..

When you won Liga BBVA and Europa League, and you sold Llorente for 50M you have money.

Wouldnt the DMC be better as an anchorman? (it seems like when you say a defender turned DMC with some passing its the same as an anchorman)

Also if you concede from throughballs changing 1 dc to stopper and 1 to cover might be worth a try.

Im gonna try this with Liverpool.

I already tried the anchorman but I doesn't work better..

Gonna try what you said about the dc.

what abt teamtalks just played a couple of pre-season games so far so good. i put the wingbacks 2 fullbacks. havent had any luck with liverpool since the new patch. thanku.:thup:

For teamtalks I use that one: http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/match-day/team-talks

Some other info: Tactic used with the lastest patch, tested only with Bilbao, and yes you can retrain your striker to amc.

For people who already use it, can you post some screeshot of your results?

Sorry for the late response but I had some exams at school so I didn't have time to play.

First reaction - my word I concede a lot of goals from crosses. This is almost like playing the initial unpatched release... Will persevere and see how it pans out.

Part of the problem is that you have too few holding players: both central mifielders and wingbacks have fwd runs set to "often". This leaves wide areas uncovered - the center is taken care of by the DM. The heavy pressing and extra numbers you commit forward somewhat aleviate the situation, but you will concede goals on the counter now and then. I would also point at the mentality gaps between FBs/DCs, and MCs/DM. They do see a bit excessive at times, although the extra "depth" makes it easier to pass the ball around.

I hope this is clear enough, though I could post some screenshots if need be.

Part of the problem is that you have too few holding players: both central mifielders and wingbacks have fwd runs set to "often". This leaves wide areas uncovered - the center is taken care of by the DM. The heavy pressing and extra numbers you commit forward somewhat aleviate the situation, but you will concede goals on the counter now and then. I would also point at the mentality gaps between FBs/DCs, and MCs/DM. They do see a bit excessive at times, although the extra "depth" makes it easier to pass the ball around.

I hope this is clear enough, though I could post some screenshots if need be.

I almost understood what you said.. I don't understand when you say "I would also point at the mentality gaps between FBs/DCs, and MCs/DM. They do see a bit excessive at times, although the extra "depth" makes it easier to pass the ball around.". Posting some screenshots would be great.

460d.png

In this screenshot I am playing as Chelsea against Juventus. DCs and the DM have a mentality of 5-6 while FBs and MCs are on 11-12. This leaves a noticeable gap between them. If you look at this screenshot it is fairly easy to spot - there is considerable space between the trio of DCs/DM and your midfield.

The fullbacks also have fwd runs set to often, which in combination with the mentality difference I mentioned leaves big gaps on your flanks. The yellow circles highlight these gaps.

The red circle highlights the danger man: one interception from Juve and Schelotto will have all the space he needs to run down the right flank unopposed and put a cross in the box.

Archived