The Commentators Curse: Volume 1 – The Battle of the ‘stans’ (Holiday / Sign Up

Week ending Sunday 14th January 2007

Freealdinho signs a new 2 year contract worth £65,000 with Torquay. No offers were made from other clubs.

Luke Swinson signs a new 2 year contract worth £45,000 with Kidderminster. No offers were made from other clubs.

Ali Obeid has had his loan period at Cheltenham extended by 3 months.

Carlisle (10th in League One) have made a 3 month loan offer for Sam Taphouse. Hopefully this should allow him some regular first team football.

Tomaldinho is out for 1-2 months for Casa Pia with a sprained ankle.

In response to a query, Koppers has made 9 apps for FC Twente, 7 starting at an Av Rat of 6.00.

International Fixtures Announcement

What's this I hear you say - some international fixtures?! icon_eek.gificon_wink.gif

I will start with the bad news first... Kyrgyzstan's friendly against Uzbekistan in March has been cancelled for unknown reasons.

The good news....

Olmypic Games Qualifiers

Asia has a lot of Olympic Games Qualifiers, comprising of 3 knockout rounds, followed by a group stage where the larger Asian teams enter. Turkmenistan will play in the preliminary round, with Kyrgyzstan entering at the next stage in the 1st qualifying round.

Preliminary Round Fixtures:

Turkmenistan U23s v Pakistan U23s - 2 legs on the 21st March and 28th March.

(The 1st team still have their friendly against Uzbekistan on the 24th March, so it will be interesting to see how they clash).

First Round:

Krygyzstan U23s v Tajikistan U23s - 2 legs on the 14th April and 21st April.

If Turkmenistan defeat Pakistan they will play Yemen U23s on the same dates.

Second Round: - to be played in Sept 2007

If Kyrgyzstan proceed they will face Oman U23s, in what is a good draw for them.

If Turkmenistan make it this far, they will face a 2 legged tie against Iran U23s.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the call-ups don't get spread out too much between the U23s and the senior squad, getting past Pakistan should be possible. icon14.gif

Making it all the way into the Olympics will be another matter though. Don't quite see that happening, to be honest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by merkezekrem:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If Turkmenistan make it this far, they will face a 2 legged tie against Iran U23s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IF?!?! icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, well it depends if David Pleat picks his 'select development squad' for the games or not. Nothing would surprise you with Pleaty icon_wink.gif

I'm not certain on the final round details, but I know that Asia has 3 places available (4 if you include China as hosts), so I would imagine that the group stage will consist of 3 groups of 4, with the top team in each group qualifying. Could be tricky for both teams, but if they get to the group stage the games won't be taking place until March and April 2008 - by which time the improvements in their abilities could give them an outside chance. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SJ234:

does de santiago get a call up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know as yet due as I'm still only in January. I will inform everyone as soon as I know.

I would guess that barring injuries, the vast majority of the Turkmenistani players will get called up for the U23s qualifiers instead of the 1st team friendly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by merkezekrem:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but if they get to the group stage </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"If" again?!?! Tchk tchk tchk. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed... I find WW's lack of faith.... disturbing...

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 20th Jan: Bournemouth (22nd) v (3rd) Swansea - league match

Professor Frink starts, but in the battle of 3rd bottom vs 3rd top, I can only see Swansea prevailing.

And it only takes 3 minutes for Swansea to take the lead.

Frink's defensive partner goes off injured after 11 minutes.

Despite controlling the 1st half, Swansea fail to add to their lead.

HT: Bournemouth 0 v 1 Swansea

Half Time Stats

49 minutes gone and Swansea's striker misses an open goal after taking it around the keeper. Hits the side netting.

Prof Frink is slow to react to a ball over the top and the striker he was marking moves in on goal, only for the keeper to make a good save.

Unbelievable - Bournemouth get a truly undeserved equaliser with a direct freekick with just 2 minutes to go.

Swansea could have won it in extra time but Bournemouth's keeper saves the day again.

FT: Bournemouth 1 v 1 Swansea

Full Time Stats

I changed the full time stats shown just for this game to show how much Bournemouth didn't deserve a point, except for their keeper who had an awesome game. Frink had a good game, but if he is man marking a striker Bournemouth can't afford to play with a high line due to Prof Frink's lack of pace. (Pace = 3)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TeeWee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but if they get to the group stage </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"If" again?!?! Tchk tchk tchk. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed... I find WW's lack of faith.... disturbing... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, I have complete faith in you players... just not necessarily in your managers icon_wink.gif

Week ending Sunday 21st January 2007

Despite Bournemouth's stuttering form around the relegation zone, Professor Frink has signed a new 2 year contract with the club and in doing so now becomes the 2nd highest paid player out of the 32 - on a whopping £925 a week!

Sam Taphouse accepted the loan offer from Carlisle, but that stupid 4 player max loan rule again prevents someone from moving.

Davo extends his loan spell with Cheltenham for another 3 months.

Northampotn have made a 2 month loan offer for Stelios of Middlesbrough.

The new World Rankings show that Kyrgyzstan have fallen back down a place to 118th. Turkmenistan remain at 161st.

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 27th Jan: Yeovil (15th) v (20th) Bournemouth - league match

Professor Frink starts the game for Bournemouth, 4-4-2 as usual.

Frink made a couple of timely challenges in the first half, but their defence was not seriously threatened. Bournemouth however, couldn't turn there possession into a goal.

HT: Yeovil 0 v 0 Bournemouth

Yeovil took the lead after 62 minutes, their striker coming deep to pick up the ball, jinking past Frink's centre abck colleague and then slotting home before Frink had a chance to come across and tackle him.

Bournemouth equalise 10 minutes later, with a quick counter. Frink heads the ball miles clear from defending a corner, picked up by one of Bournemouth's strikers who feeds the other one to finish off the move.

FT: Yeovil 1 v 1 Bournemouth

Full Time Player Stats

Faultless display by the Professor, winning a 100% of his tackles and headers.

Week ending Sunday 28th January 2007

Stelios also received a loan offer from Crewe and decided to go there for 2 months instead of Northampton Town.

A loan offer from Lazio, until the end of the season has been made for Selim Atas.

Ulfinos Chaoconov has a sprained ankle and will be out for 1-2 months.

Zuvzonamin Lui has a groin strain and will be out for upto a month.

Screenshots up next..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Screenshots up next.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

player screenshots is that? How exciting icon14.gif

1st February 2007

Wages and Values

Turkmenistan

Kyrgyzstan

I won't go into too much detail as I will leave that for TeeWee, but just to give out the key facts:

Highest Valued Player: Selim Atas = £6.25m (Turkmenistan)

Lowestest Valued Player: Libertinho = £14k (Turkmenistan)

Largest Wage: Samaras Taraldo = £1,600 per week (Turkmenistan)

Smallest Wage: Habib Halali = £85 per week (Kyrgyzstan)

Games Played Stats

Turkmenistan

Kyrgyzstan

As you will see, El Loco Bartinho and George Robson have both made their debuts. This leaves just Turkus Mendieta as the only one not to receive a first team app yet.

As a result of this, I have decided to gamble and choose El Loco Bartinho as the focus of Player Cam for February.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blackcats:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Screenshots up next.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

player screenshots is that? How exciting icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not players profiles at this moment in time if thats what you were meaning sorry - they will be done in June after The Stanlies Cup games.

Not players profiles at this moment in time if thats what you were meaning sorry - they will be done in June after The Stanlies Cup games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking forward to the Stanlies Cup. Good call, that! Down with Kyrgyzstan! icon_smile.gif

Now, for the financials stats. Because the earnings are still very close to each other at the start, it's still very easy to catch up to whoever seems to be at the top of the list.

Sorted by career earnings:

£78.800 Samaras Taraldo

£42.050 Professor Frink

£39.000 Alvaro De Santiago

£37.050 Freealdinho

£36.400 Pablo Gonzalez

£35.100 Fabiov Maldinov

£32.150 Zuvzonamin Lui

£31.200 Alan

£31.200 Turkus Mendieta

£29.900 Salman Al-Dahash

£29.900 Sam Taphouse

£29.900 Bill

£29.900 Ulfinos Chaoconov

£29.900 Abullah Mohammed Ali Obeid

£29.900 Selim Atas

£28.600 Benj

£28.600 Stelios

£27.900 Luke Swinson

£27.300 Davo

£27.300 Azeryk

£27.300 Hermandinho

£23.050 Ghoolbi Dumats

£21.000 George Robson

£15.600 Humphrey Koppers

£15.000 Jacariah Birkinaldo

£13.000 Roberto Rossini

£9.880 Tomaldinho

£7.500 El Loco Bartinho

£7.280 Ryan

£5.720 Elfdog

£4.800 Libertinho

£4.420 Habib Halali

With some nationalistic pride I'll gleefully inform you that the average for Turkmenistan players is higher than the average for Kyrgyzstan players. We're richer, blokes!

Kyrgyzstan £ 23.517

Turkmenistan £ 28.771

And Hermandinho has played some matches for Braga. Not very well, but all matches are good news I think icon_smile.gif

Good to see he's under the tutalage of an experienced player. How well is he taking up this personal education?

Five sub appearances for Anderlecht so far this season. I can't really expect more at this stage of the career.

Five rather poor sub appearances though, or so it seems, but oh well. Keep training hard, and every minute of first team experience is a bonus.

Small steps towards stardom. icon_smile.gif

Can someone come to Redditch and rescue me, lol.

No value and seemingly non-existent in the football world, but 1 mom and a decent rating, any chance to see ful stats at some time, interested in how well I am doing.

Great so far boss, keep it up man

not a game in loan team lazio??? how disapointing.

kutgw icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When the offer was made, it was said you would be 'back up for the first team'. However, the deal was only completed a couple of days before my last update, so I don't think Lazio may even have had a game since then. No doubt you will get a few games for them icon14.gif

elf_30 - player profile screenshots will be done after 'The Stanlies Cup' in early June.

Should be able to do updates today later this afternoon / evening icon14.gif

Week ending Sunday 3rd February 2007

Quiet week, no news to inform about

Player Cam Match Report

Sun 3rd Feb: G.Birligi (12th) v (8th) Manisaspor - league match

Unfortunately despite starting last week and doing fairly well, El Loco Bartinho was dropped from the squad by his manager this week! So only a brief update on the game.

Despite having the better of the 1st half, Manisaspor go in behind at half-time.

HT: G.Birligi 1 v 0 Manisaspor

The game looked to be going away from Manisaspor, but in the the first minute of injury time at the end of the game, Manisaspor's forward headed home a cross to get an equaliser

FT: G.Birligi 1 v 1 Manisaspor

Week ending Sunday 10th February 2007

Benj is out for a week with a bruised rib.

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 9th Feb: Manisaspor (9th) v (15th) Ankaraspor - league match

El Loco Bartinho is on the subs bench at the start for this game.

Ankaraspor take the lead after 20 minutes with a curling 25 yarder into the topright hand corner.

Route one football makes it 0-2, keeper kicks long, striker runs onto it and finishes.

Manisaspor get one back with a tap in just before half time.

HT: Manisaspor 1 v 2 Ankaraspor

Bartinho stays on the subs bench as the 2nd half starts.

26 seconds into the second half and its 2-2.

Despite dominating the rest of the half, Manisaspor couldn't find a winner, also deciding not to bring Bartinho on either.

FT: Manisaspor 2 v 2 Ankaraspor

Week ending Sunday 17th February 2007

Selim Atas has made his debut for his loan team Lazio against Calgari. Starting for Lazio he got an assist in helping them win 4-1.

Got a rating of 7. (Has been assigned the number 9 shirt for his period at the club icon14.gif)

After making a great start to his spell at loan club Crewe, Stelios has been ruled out for 2-4 weeks with a chest injury.

Koppers came on a sub in the 1st leg of the UEFA Cup 1st KO round, but played poorly (5) as Twente lost 1-0 away to PSG.

Samaras Taraldo has agreed to extend his contract till Jan 2010 with Rubin, although interestingly he has not seen a pay wise in his basic wage. He is now deemed 'important first team player' for the club.

Ryan is out for a week with a gashed head.

Player Cam Match Report

Sun 17th Feb: Sivasspor (18th) v (9th) Manisaspor - league match

El Loco Bartinho is again not included in the match day squad - how annoying.

Manisaspor are playing the team bottom of the league, so this should be a win for them.

FT: Sivasspor 2 v 0 Manisaspor - maybe not then!

The curse of player cam continues, its now 1 win in 16 for teams I've been following.

Week ending Sunday 17th February 2007

Samaras Taraldo has agreed to extend his contract till Jan 2010 with Rubin, although interestingly there is no pay rise in his basic wage. He is now deemed an 'important first team player' for the club.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Makes more sense now

Week ending Sunday 25th February 2007

- apparently I've been one day out for a while, hence why Sun 25th not Sun 24th!

International Fixtures Announcement

I have just noticed that both teams now have a friendly arranged for 10th November 2007:

Kyrgyzstan v Bahrain

Turkmenistan v Maldives

The World Rankings for February have been announced and Kyrgyzstan move up one to 117th. Turkmenistan drop 3 places to 164th.

UEFA Cup 1st KO round:

FC Twente lost their 2nd leg 0-3 to go out 4-0 on agg against PSG. Koppers(6) came on in the 22nd minute.

Alvaro De Santiago(8) started the 2nd leg match in goal for Sevilla, winning 2-0 against Chievo to win 3-2 on agg. Alan was an unused sub for Sevilla.

West Ham, owners of Ali Obeid and Davo went through 7-0 on agg against Dnipro of the Ukraine.

Player Cam Match Report

Sun 24th Feb: Manisaspor (9th) v (4th) Ankaragucu - league match

Praise the lord - El Loco Bartinho starts the game on the left wing. 4-4-2.

Manisaspor have the better of the early exchanges and in the 12th minute, Bartinho supplies an beautiful cross from the left for one of his strikers to head in. 1-0.

Manisaspor make it 2-0 with an open goal tap in after 16 minutes. Could player cam's curse be coming to an end?!

Come on!! - 18 minutes gone and Bartinho supplies a cross from the left and the Manisaspor striker volleys home, 3-0 against the team 5 places above them in the league.

Easy Easy Easy! 33 minutes in at its 4-0. How can a team that has played absymal for all of Feb, loses to the bottom placed side the previous weekend, then put in such an unbelievable performance the next. Still long way to go in the game.

HT: Manisaspor 4 v 0 Ankaragucu

(Apologies, I was so happy not to be watching a player cam game that one of our players weren't losing, that I forgot to do the half time screenie icon_rolleyes.gif)

Start of the 2nd half was fairly quiet before Ankaragucu pulled one back in the 72nd minute.

FT: Manisaspor 4 v 1 Ankaragucu

Full Time Player Stats

Full Time Match Stats

El Loco Bartinho gets a 9 rating and 2 assists - why you may ask is his manager not playing him more often?! icon_confused.gif

Player Cam Match Report

Sun 4th March: Willem II (6th) v (4th) FC Twente - league match

Koppers starts on the bench for FC Twente.

Willem were the only team attacking in the first 30 minutes and took the lead after 26 minutes after a corner was headed in. They double their lead on the half hour with a 25 yard free-kick.

HT: Willem II 2 v 0 FC Twente

Twente change to 4-4-3 for the start of the second half and 2 minutes in, they go 3-0 down.

FT: Willem II 3 V 0 FC Twente

Koppers was an unused sub, but Twente were never likely to bring him on except for injuries once they had fallen behind.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Selim Atas has made his debut for his loan team Lazio against Calgari. Starting for Lazio he got an assist in helping them win 4-1.

Got a rating of 7. (Has been assigned the number 9 shirt for his period at the club Thumbs Up) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice (to be read in french)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> (Apologies, I was so happy not to be watching a player cam game that one of our players weren't losing, that I forgot to do the half time screenie Roll Eyes) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just dont be cute again. icon_razz.gif

Player Cam Match Report

Sun 11th March: FC Twente (5th) v (7th) FC Utrecht - league match

Koppers again is on the bench at the start.

A mediocre first half, few chances for either team.

HT: FC Twente 0 v 0 FC Utrecht

Twente take the lead on the hour mark with a belter of a free-kick, left foot over the wall and in off the post. 1-0.

With Twente then switching to a defensive style, it was disappointing not to see Koppers be one of the 3 substitutes who came onto the pitch.

3 minutes to go and one of Utrecht's defenders passes the ball straight to the Twente striker and easy as you like, 2-0.

FT: FC Twente 2 v 0 FC Utrecht

Player Cam Match Report

Weds 14th March: FC Twente (5th) v (3rd) Ajax - league match

Not sure if Koppers loves the bench, but he's on it again.

Ajax head in a free-kick after just 5 minutes.

Twente draw level after 14 minutes when their left mid was first to pounce on a loose ball in the box.

HT: FC Twente 1 v 1 Ajax

A even first half.

Wesley Sneijder volleys Ajax in front again after 50 minutes.

A 'vintage strike from Sneijder' - a curler from 25-30 yards, makes it 1-3. Twente make 3 changes straightaway, but no Koppers icon_frown.gif

FT: FC Twente 1 v 3 Ajax

Ajax moved up a couple of gears in the 2nd half and Twente were no match for them. Hopefully Koppers will get a run out for them soon.

Week ending Sunday 18th February 2007

Ryan rejects the offer of a new contract with Toronto Supra Portugese - apparently he didn't want a pay cut!!!! Shocker icon_wink.gif

Freealdinho is wanted... by Hull, ah well step in the right direction if anything comes of it.

Sevilla went through 2-1 on agg in the UEFA Cup 2nd KO round, after a 1-1 draw at Upton Park, none of the Sevilla based players were in the squad.

Roberto Rossini is quickly becoming the 'sick-note' boy, so soon after recovering from a broken ankle, he is now out for 1-2 months with strained knee ligaments.

Alvaro De Santiago is out for 4-6 days with a strained wrist, oh aye! icon_wink.gif

The significance of these 2 injuries is that they are the only Turkmenistani players out of the 16 not to be called up for the Olympic Games qualifying fixtures. This means almost certainly that Fabiov Maldinov will start in goal for Turkmenistan on Wednesday.

In the run up to these international games, the World Rankings for March were released, with good news for both sides:

Kyrgyzstan moved up one place to 116th.

Turkmenistan moved up six places to 158th.

Both without playing a game!

Player Cam Match Report

Sun 18th March: Vitesse (7th) v (5th) FC Twente - league match

Koppers is on the subs bench, but with Wednesday's Turkmenistan game in his mind, he probably won't mind.

23 minutes in and Twente take the lead.

Which is doubled after 29 minutes when Twente left back and Captain (which may explain why left back Koppers isn't getting much of a look in at the moment) charges forward into the penalty area and slots home into the top corner.

Vitesse grab one back with a close range header after 38 minutes.

HT: Vitesse 1 v 2 FC Twente

Scoreline flatters Twente a little.

Twente make 3 subs, none of them involving Koppers.

Vitesse deservedly equalise after 78 minutes.

In the last minute of injury time Twente's keeper expertly tips a long range shot over the bar.

Vitesse 2 v 2 FC Twente

A fair scoreline but FC Twente will be disappointed they let a 2 goal lead slip.

Hopefully Koppers will be involved for Turkmenistan U23s Vs Pakistan U23s, up next....

Pakistan U23s v Turkmenistan U23s

Weds 21st March: Olympic Games Asian Preliminary Round 1st Leg

Pre-Match

11 of you start, with Gonzalez, Dumats and Ali Obeid on the subs bench. Luke Swinson is captain.

Atas shoots over the bar in the 2nd minute.

Libertinho passes to Atas, who 20 yards out picks out the bottom left hand corner of the goal! 5 minutes gone, 1-0.

This time a long ball from Libertinho who stayed back for a Turkmenistan corner, hoofs the ball long to Atas in the penalty area who turns, shoots, scores. 2-0, 8 minutes gone.

After a couple of loose shots over the bar, Stelios picks up the ball 30 yards out, pings it and the keeper can't prevent it from going in. 3-0, 27 minutes gone.

Chaoconov and then Tomaldinho shoots over from the edge of the area.

HT: Pakistan U23s 0 v 3 Turkmenistan U23s

Half Time Stats

Very comfortable.

Maldinov receives some medical treatment but is ok to carry on.

63 minutes in and Swinson comes off for a random. Hermandinho is now captain.

After 74 minutes Stelios and Tomaldinho come off, Ali Obeid and Gonzalez replace them.

Hermandinho picks up a yellow card in the last few minutes.

FT: Pakistan U23s 0 v 3 Turkmenistan U23s

Player Stats

Match Stats

Second was a lot quieter, but Turkmenistan got the job done in the 1st half. Very healthy lead to take into the home leg. Shame that Dumats didn't get an appearance.

Libertinho gets MOM award, for me just pipping Hermandinho and Atas. Good performances all round icon14.gif

Archived