The Commentators Curse: Volume 1 – The Battle of the ‘stans’ (Holiday / Sign Up

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooooh!!! what suspense and great previews.

And Hermandinho took his responsibility as team Captain; as he should icon_smile.gif

Turkmenistan ftw! icon14.gif

WW, you've done a great job with this signup and it's been really fun to see how things developed. Great job, truly!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blackcats:

Wow that penalty shoot-out was tense just to read, can't wait for that perfect final, hopefully we can win but our record over Kyrgyzstan isn't the best. Oh well fingers crossed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But we will win when it matters the most! Come on guys! Gooooooo Turkmenistan! icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TeeWee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blackcats:

Wow that penalty shoot-out was tense just to read, can't wait for that perfect final, hopefully we can win but our record over Kyrgyzstan isn't the best. Oh well fingers crossed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But we will win when it matters the most! Come on guys! Gooooooo Turkmenistan! icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure will yeah icon_biggrin.gif with me scoring a hat-trick obviously. Just an idea as well but since its the last match on this superb sign-up I think that the match should be like up-loaded so we can watch it and find out the result first hand, it will add to the suspense and thrill of it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TeeWee:

But we will win when it matters the most! Come on guys! Gooooooo Turkmenistan! icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure will yeah icon_biggrin.gif with me scoring a hat-trick obviously. Just an idea as well but since its the last match on this superb sign-up I think that the match should be like up-loaded so we can watch it and find out the result first hand, it will add to the suspense and thrill of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That idea actually crossed my mind as I was playing the game - I've moved on to the 1st Sept 'in game' so as to give you all a final profile screenshot at your current club for the forthcoming season. I will try and see if I can load the highlights, but I'm not confident.

Apologies also for the late publishing of the Final - the cheeky 30 minutes after work drink quickly turned into the 2.5 hour after work drinks session! icon_biggrin.gif

Right, prior to me putting up the Final I did a bit of an investigation into whether I could upload the match and whilst it is probably possible, it doesn't incorporate the name changes taken on by several of the players over the years so I have decided that it wouldn't be right to put up a non-perfect version of the final.

For those of you who have asked about the database, I will upload it sometime over the weekend after I have summed everything up, if you want to play around with it on FM2007 icon14.gif

Kyrgyztan v Turkmenistan

Sat 6th August: Asian Nations Cup 2011 Final

So here it is, the dream final:

Kyrgyzstan News

Kyrgyzstan Pre Match

Last minute agony for Alan, who damages his heel the day before the final and misses out on the big event. Kyrgyzstan are also without Birkinaldo who is suspended, so 10 superstars start the match, with Bill starting up front. The captain and also key man for the game is Prof Frink. On the bench are Lui, Freealdinho, Mastinho + Habib Halali.

Turkmenistan News

Turkmenistan Pre Match

Turkmenistan stick with the same line-up as for the semi final. Selim Atas has not recovered enough to play any part of this game. The captain is Hermandinho and the key man is Samaras Taraldo. On the bench are Alvaro De Santiago, Luke Swinson, Humphrey Koppers, Peter Slater + Ulfinus Chaoconov.

My Opinion

F*** knows?! icon_biggrin.gif

Toss a coin, I haven’t a clue how this final could go, I would have said Kyrgyzstan but they are now missing 2 key players for the final so this is about aas even as possible. I predict penalties!!!

Interestingly, the in-game bookie is very clear in his mind what the result will be after 90 minutes:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Kyrgyzstan 9/2

Draw 13/5

Turkmenistan 1/2

</pre>

After a quiet opening 10 minutes, Turkmenistan almost take the lead. Marcus Cook turns Prof Frink and sprints away from him down the left side. He centres the ball for Gonzalez, but his shot goes just wide.

Bill forces Rhys Davies to tip his shot over the bar after 18 minutes.

Goalkick for Turkmenistan, the ball goes up to the halfway line where Gary McNeil wins the header which goes to George Robson. He then slots it through for Azeryk down the left channel who looks up and sees David Frketic hurtling into the box at the back post. He knocks the ball across the 6 yard box and picks him out perfectly, leaving Frketic to knock the ball home. 23 minutes gone, 1-0.

Dumats makes a vital interception at the back post to deny Kyrgyzstan a scoring opportunity.

David Frketic wrestles the ball off a dosing Turkmeni player, he plays it forward to Azeryk who turns and runs at the defence. He beats the first one before going for a deft chip over Rhys Davies. However, the keeper is equal to it, getting fingertips to it to deny him a goal.

40 minutes gone and Elfdog boots a freekick down the right wing which is met by Bill. He attempts a cross, it is deflected, but falls to Robson 25 yards out who takes a pop shot and is only denied by another good save by Rhys Davies.

Bill has a shot from a tight angle which grazes the top of the bar.

HT: Kyrgyzstan 1 v 0 Turkmenistan

Half Time Match Stats

Half Time Player Ratings

Well I didn’t think it would be this one sided, Turkmenistan should be thankful that they only trail by one goal and not 2 or 3.

Turkmenistan change from their 3-5-2 system to a 4-1-3-2 formation.

Only 4 minutes into the second half and Turkmenistan make 2 changes, 2 non-superstars coming off for Koppers + Slater. Turkmenistan now have 11 superstars on the pitch.

Peter Slater wins a vital header against David Frketic from a Kyrgyzstan corner to deny Kyrgyzstan a great opportunity to score.

64 minutes gone and Marcus Cook hits a weak shot at Elfdog.

72 minutes gone and Libertinho passes to Bennitto, who has split the 2 central defenders perfectly and is in on goal. His shot goes millimetres wide of the top right hand corner of the goal.

Kyrgyzstan then make a couple of changes themselves, Freealdinho + Mastinho replacing Azeryk + David Frketic.

Bill has a long shot parried back out into play by Rhys Davies but it comes to nothing.

Luke Swinson replaces Gareth Davies after 75 minutes as Turkmenistan change to a 4-2-4 formation. Currently they have yet to have a shot on target in the game.

Peter Slater hits a ferocious shot over the bar from 30 yards.

Do I hear a fat lady singing?! Kyrgyzstan win a corner down the left flank, which Gary McNeil takes and floats it to the near post, where Freealdinho is there to head it home. 2-0.

Kyrgyzstan then look to shore up the game, with the only non-superstar in their starting line up being replaced by Halali, who takes over the captaincy role.

Marcus Cook picks up an injury after a strong challenge from Mick Bubble in stoppage time and is forced off the field.

Kyrgyzstan take their time with everything in the closing moments, knowing they are seconds away from becoming heroes in their homeland.

FT: Kyrgyzstan 2 v 0 Turkmenistan

Match Overview

Kyrgyzstan Player Stats

Turkmenistan Player Stats

It wasn’t a great game, as only one team turned up to the party and Turkmenistan will be very disappointed that after getting so far they went out in a whimper.

MOM goes to Gary McNeil for his assist and general all round good performance on the left wing.

Kyrgyzstan has won the Asian Nations Cup 2011

So Kyrgyzstan have become the champions of Asia for the next 4 years and with it continue the bragging rights they have over Turkmenistan!

Interestingly though, the World Rankings for August released after the Final seem to suggest that FIFA think Turkmenistan is still the better team... but what do they know eh?!

World Top 27 Nations

Here are a few summary stats from the competition:

Highest Average Rating: Ala'a Hubail (Bahrain, 4 apps) - 7.75

Top Goalscorer: Ala'a Hubail (Bahrain, 4 apps) - 4 goals

Most Assists: Yu Hai (China, 6 apps) - 4 assists

Kyrgysztan Top Scorer: Freealdinho (3 apps) - 3 goals

Turkmenistan Top Scorer: Selim Atas (4 apps)

Peter Slater (6 apps) - 2 goals

</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

So Kyrgyzstan have become the champions of Asia for the next 4 years and with it continue the bragging rights they have over Turkmenistan!

Interestingly though, the World Rankings for August released after the Final seem to suggest that FIFA think Turkmenistan is still the better team... but what do they know eh?!

World Top 27 Nations

Here are a few summary stats from the competition:

Highest Average Rating: Ala'a Hubail (Bahrain, 4 apps) - 7.75

Top Goalscorer: Ala'a Hubail (Bahrain, 4 apps) - 4 goals

Most Assists: Yu Hai (China, 6 apps) - 4 assists

Kyrgysztan Top Scorer: Freealdinho (3 apps) - 3 goals

Turkmenistan Top Scorer: Selim Atas (4 apps)

Peter Slater (6 apps) - 2 goals

</pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Argentina up 20 places? icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

Argentina up 20 places? icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, noticed that. Brazil up 15 places as well!

Argentina didn't even win the Copa America this summer and Brazil didn't even make the Final!! icon_eek.gif

Sort of sums up the madness of the Rankings. (Mexico won the Copa America btw, yet they only moved up 5 places).

Awesome man, simply awesome. GO KYRGY, we got the win and ended this thing with the bragging rights.

I am very, extremely interested in both the database, cause I cant seem to get the games to work correctly without it and the save game file if that would be possible. I might even continue it for a while, just to see what might have happened way on down the road.

I loved this and expect that the new sign up will be as good or better. The new one could be outta sight if I am even close as to what you got in mind. Just thoughts and snipets, nothing for certain, but I bet it is the bomb anyway.

Great Job from everyone. See ya all around for the next one.

Peace

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ignored post by Walcott's Wonderkids posted 26 October 2007 22:57 Show Post </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unlucky, we was robbed icon_wink.gif

A great sign-up culminating in a fitting final WW, anyone would think you'd rigged it icon_wink.gif

I for one am looking forward to the next one as you've certainly set the standard in sign-ups icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

Unlucky, we was robbed icon_wink.gif

A great sign-up culminating in a fitting final WW, anyone would think you'd rigged it icon_wink.gif

I for one am looking forward to the next one as you've certainly set the standard in sign-ups icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rigged by me... moi?!

Lol, if I had tried to rig it, knowing my ability both teams would have ended up crashing out in the group stages! icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

At some point over the next couple of days I will produce the final player profiles of everyone, do a brief piece on who moved where over the summer and upload the database and saved game as per 01/09/2011.

Currently writing a summary of whats happened over the past 5 seasons as well. icon14.gif

elf_30 - feel free to use the database / saved game, but I would appreciate it if you didn't post the results in this thread, as I will probably come back to this sign up sometime in the future and write the odd, what happened next piece... icon14.gificon_smile.gif

Round Up Part One - Kyrgyzstan Players

Zuvzonamin Lui

Torino: Indispensable to club

Elfdog

Chelsea: Backup to the 1st team

Ryan

Move to Lazio in a £11m deal on 1st July. At 41 caps, he is the most experienced Kyrgyzstan player by quite some distance.

Lazio: Important 1st team player.

Mick Bubble

AC Milan: Squad rotation.

Habib Halali

Moved to Roma in a £8.5m transfer earlier in the summer.

Roma: Important 1st team player

Jacariah Birkinaldo

Liverpool: Squad rotation.

Prof Frink

Everton: Important 1st team player.

George Robson

Palermo: Important 1st team player.

Benj

Will start his first full season at Chelsea this year, after moving from Everton last winter. Is the joint highest paid Kyrgyzstan player with Bill at £40,500pw.

Chelsea: Squad rotation.

Gary McNeil

Inter Milan: Squad rotation.

David Frketic

Real Madrid: Squad rotation.

Mastinho

After being sent on loan by Lyon last season, has been loaned out again this season - this time to Lazio.

Lazio: Squad rotation.

Bill

Starting his 4th season now at Lazio, is listed as an important 1st team player. Is paid the most money along with Benj, at £40,500pw

Azeryk

Moved in the summer to Man Utd from Wigan in a £11.75m transfer, after the departure of Freealdinho from Old Trafford. Listed as an important first team player.

He has the best goals:games ratio on the international scene, but he has picked up a reputation of only scoring against the weaker teams.

Freealdinho

Left on a free transfer from Old Trafford this summer, moving to AC Milan where he is regarded as part of the squad rotation system.

Alan

Is currently regarded as the most expensive Kyrgyzstan player, valued at £22m at the moment.

Liverpool: Squad rotation.

Kyrgyzstan Player Wages

Kyrgyzstan Players Int Caps

Round Up Part Two - Turkmenistan Players

Rhys Davies

Arsenal: Important 1st team player.

Alvaro De Santiago

Is struggling at Inter Milan because he has always been in the shadow of great keepers Toldo and now Ochoa. May want to move in the future.

Inter Milan: Squad rotation

Ghoolbi Dumats

After spending some time in Russia, has come alive since he has moved to Pompey and is an important 1st team player. Would not be surprised if he moved to a bigger club in the future.

Samaras Taraldo

Turning into one of the world's great defenders, wanted by all the world's top teams currently.

Man Utd: Indispensable to the club.

Humphrey Koppers

After a nightmare season at AC Milan, he moved to Barcelona where he has shone.

Barcelona: Squad rotation.

Hermandinho

Aftermoving back in January from AC Milan to Real Madrid, has been looking to cement his place in the 1st team. This season will be crucial for him - a good one and greatness awaits.

Real Madrid: Important 1st team player.

Turkus Mendieta

Everton: Important 1st team player. Will be looking to form a solid defence with Prof Frink this season.

Libertinho

Currently unhappy at Celta and wants to move to a bigger club. Villareal are currently interested.

Celta Vigo: Important 1st team player.

Gareth Davies

Arsenal: Squad rotation.

Bennitto Hagan

Moved during the summer from Lazio to Valencia in a £17.5m transfer. Regarded as an important 1st team player. Interestingly his min fee release clause is £17.5m so could easily be poached by someone.

Luke Swinson

After spending last season on loan at Lazio, he is back at Chelsea in the reserve squad. Regarded as a hot prospect for the future.

Ulfinus Chaoconov

Athletico Madrid: Squad rotation.

Peter Slater

After spending last season on loan at Beveren in Belgium, will hope to get a few 1st team opportunities this season. However, he is listed as available for loan and is currently in the reserve squad.

Liverpool: Hot prospect.

Marcus Cook

His move to Charlton last season meant he dropped a division, but as he helped them become champions of the Championship, Charlton will be looking to him to keep them in the Premiership.

Charlton: Indispensable to the club.

Selim Atas

Probably the most well regarded player on the world scene after winning the World Player of the Year award a couple of seasons ago. Currently at Athletico Madrid, but bigger clubs seem to be permanently sniffing around him and Atas has shown no desire to discourage his potential suitors. Currently the highest valued Turkmenistan player.

Athletico Madrid: Indispensable to the club.

Pablo Gonzalez

After spending a season on loan at Juventus, he was then bought by them from Chelsea in the summer for £20m. Is now the highest paid Turkmenistan player on £58,000pw. Is also the most capped Turkmenistan player and is their top scorer as well.

Juventus: Important 1st team player.

Turkmenistan Player Wages

Turkmenistan Player Int Caps

Round Up Part Three - International Tournaments

Olympic Games 2008

Kyrgyzstan - Knocked out in the group stages.

Turkmenistan - Did not qualify.

Kyrgyzstan did well to make the Olympics as the superstars were very young when they made the finals, however being drawn in the same group as Argentina U23s, Italy U23s & Spain U23s meant that they were always facing an uphill battle to get out of that group and it was not really a surprise when they didn't.

World Cup Finals 2010

Kyrgyzstan - Knocked out in the group stages.

Turkmenistan - Knocked out in the 2nd Round.

Probably the one disappointment for both nations, the World Cup 2010 was a bit of an anticlimax. Kyrgyzstan were again in a difficult group with Colombia, Holland & Portugal and finished bottom. Turkmenistan stormed their group and looked set to go far in the competition, before being knocked out by Australia in the 2nd round. However, as the squad is only 22, they should be a dominant force in world football come the 2014 & 2018 World Cups.

Asian Nations Cup 2011

Kyrgyzstan - Winners.

Turkmenistan - Runners Up.

Probably the highlight for both nations, as both sides reached the final of their continental championship in nerve biting ways. It was just a shame that the final did not live up to the pre-match hype. Still, Kyryzstan won't mind.

The Stanlies Cup

2007 - Kyrgyzstan

2008 - Kyrgyzstan

2009 - Kyrgyzstan

2010 - Turkmenistan

2011 - Kyrgyzstan

Well, Kyrgyzstan have absolutely dominated this fairly new competition between the 2 nations, having 4 trophies to Turkmenistan's 1. It certainly seems that Kyrgyzstan seem to have a stranglehold over Turkmenistan when they face each other.

Walcott's Wonderkids Player of the Season

So for the final time, here is my award for the best player of the last 12 months.

The shortlist of 3 for the award are:

Rhys Davies - Won the Champions League with Arsenal and his efforts in the Asian Nations Cup 2011 helped Turkmenistan get to the final.

George Robson - Had a good Int. tournament and really showed his credentials.

Alan - His 19 goals in the league for Liverpool helped them to win the Premiership and his goals in the Stanlies Cup this season helped Kyrgyzstan re-capture the trophy.

and the winner is... Alan.

It was a very tight decision as Rhys Davies had an excellent season for Arsenal and Turkmenistan, but Alan performed at the highest level when needed to for club and country. Hopefully this will go some way to making up up for missing the final of the Asian Nations Cup through injury.

Roll of Honour

2007 – Abdullah Mohammed Ali Obeid

2008 – Azeryk

2009 – Alvaro De Santiago

2010 - David Frketic

2011 - Alan

So there we go, that's it - I hoped you enjoyed it, I've certainly found my first ever sign-up interesting as it has developed over the years.

The door is not fully closed on this sign-up though, as I may come back to this game in the future, holiday the game forward and do very brief seasonal summaries of what happened, but it certainly will be in nowhere near as much detail as what has been done. I think it could be quite interesting to see how the 2 sides got on in future World Cups. icon_cool.gif

awesome work once more WW. I am in the process of downloading the files and will get back to you in a bit when I figure out how well they work. I will run the saved game for my own purposes and will not post anything here. I probably will run a few things off the db too, just for the hell of it.

Peace and see ya for the next one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by milanfan_apoorv:

whens the new one coming? having long been an admirer of this sign up i WANNA JOIN!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, thanks for the compliment.

The new one will be out probably the weekend after the first full patch is released (so couple of weeks time maybe) - you'll have to be quick though, there's only 9 slots left available to people who weren't part of this sign-up. icon14.gif

Wonderful roundup WW! Good job as usual. And to add a little bit cream on top of it all, here's the final financial standings:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">£5.709.000 Pablo Gonzalez

£5.047.900 Selim Atas

£4.624.000 Samaras Taraldo

£4.054.400 Benj

£3.826.200 Hermandinho

£3.670.450 Mick Bubble (Was: Davo)

£3.499.700 Azeryk

£3.015.900 Alan

£2.774.350 Professor Frink

£2.740.530 Ryan

£2.700.250 Freealdinho

£2.663.800 Humphrey Koppers

£2.528.800 Jacariah Birkinaldo

£2.357.400 Bill

£2.154.000 Alvaro De Santiago

£2.138.400 Gary McNeil (Was: Salman Al-Dahash)

£2.093.300 Turkus Mendieta

£1.802.950 Marcus Cook (Was: Stelios)

£1.802.480 Bennitto Hagan (Was: Tomaldinho)

£1.713.700 Gareth Davies (Was: Roberto Rossini)

£1.612.100 Ulfinus Chaoconov

£1.547.900 George Robson

£1.358.650 David Frketic (Was: Sam Taphouse)

£1.070.450 Zuvzonamin Lui

£1.043.350 Ghoolbi Dumats

£760.150 Rhys Davies (Was: Fabiov Maldinov)

£610.100 Luke Swinson

£453.280 Habib Halali

£451.300 Mastinho (Was: El Loco Bartinho)

£349.820 Elfdog

£322.350 Peter Slater (Was: Abullah Mohammed Ali Obeid)

£298.820 Libertinho

</pre>

Graph by country

And as you can see, not all is lost for the Turkmenistan boys. For in the all-important greed-category of the most mercenary players, the Turkmenistan players are clearly in the lead, having grossed many more pounds in their still young career than their counterparts from Kyrgyzistan.

what a superb sign up and i'm quite upset to see it go, 10/10 for WW for keeping it going strong with wonderful regular updates. With out a doubt in my mind the best sign up in this forum. Also im gutted that Turkmenistan couldn't win the Asia trophy and also that i personally had a quite poor tournament. Nice to see im the top earner mind and the top goalscorer so at least i have something to cheer about.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Cheers for the financials TeeWee, mucho appreciation for the work you put in doing all thsoe stats for this sign up. icon14.gif

Also, delighted to see that Lui scraped into the millionaire's bracket just in time! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem mate; you're doing all the hard work. I'm just filling in numbers in some spreadsheet. Again, no problem, it's been a blast.

Commentators Curse Volume One: What Happened Next?

Season 2011/2012

January transfers of note

When the end of December came and David Frketic only had 6 months left on his contract, a flurry of clubs offered him a contract. He decided to turn down Real Madrid and join Newcastle. It will go through on July 1st.

Gary McNeil decided to join Lazio in a £15m transfer.

During January Fiorentina, AC Milan and Lazio all bid for Benj. Despite only signing for the London club the previous summer, the Chelsea board saw an opportunity to make a quick buck and intervened to accept the offers. Benj agreed terms with Lazio and was sold for £22m, a £7m profit for Chelsea in just 6 months!

An unhappy Libertinho always seemed set to move and move he did in January, going to Villareal for £3.7m

Selim Atas surprised most of the footballing world by deciding to stay at Athletico Madrid, signing a new 4 year contract worth £17m, which is £64,000pw – making him the best paid player from either of the 2 nations.

Alvaro De Santiago signed a new 2 year deal with Inter Milan worth £3m.

As the value for Marcus Cook met his minimum release fee clause, several clubs started to bid for him. Reading were the lucky club to get him, signing for £9.75m.

Luke Swinson, who was sitting in the Chelsea reserves, was deemed a prime acquisition from several clubs and many bid for him – but it was Liverpool who got their man, purchasing him for £8.75m.

After failing to agree new terms with Mick Bubble, he decided to jump ship and hook up with ex-team mate Koppers at Barcelona. He will join on a free transfer on July 1st.

Wages + Values: 1st June 2012

Kyrgyzstan Wages

Turkmenistan Wages

UEFA Cup Final

Lecce 1 v 2 Liverpool

Match Overview

Player Stats

European Champions League

Inter Milan 3 v 1 Bayern Munich

Match Overview

Player Ratings

League Tables

England - Premiership

Liverpool dominated the Premier League this season, winning by a whopping 17 points! Arsenal scrapped 4th place and again Man Utd & Chelsea are down the pecking order.

Italy - Serie A

Serie A was a really turnaround this season, with none of the traditional ‘big 4’ (AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus & Roma) finishing in the top 4! Napoli were the champions, beating Atlanta to the title.

Spain La Liga

In Spain, Real Madrid ran out comfortable winners by 10 points over Barca.

Games Played Stats

Kyrgyzstan Players

Turkmenistan Players

What Leagues are you all playing in?

(As at 1st June 2011)

England Premiership - 13

Italy Serie A - 11

Spain La Liga - 7

Italy Serie B – 1

</pre>

Who’s hogging the superstars?

It’s fair to say that Lazio is becoming a Kyrgyzstan love-in, as they now possess 5 players from that nation! Look out for them next season possibly dominating.

Lazio – 5

Liverpool – 4

Arsenal – 2

Athletico Madrid – 2

Everton - 2

Man Utd - 2

Real Madrid - 2

Others – 1

</pre>

Olympic Games 2012 Qualifiers

After Turkmenistan beat India 10-0 on agg, they were put in a group with Afghanistan, Bahrain & South Korea.

After Kyrgyzstan beat Iraq 11-0 on agg, they were put in a group with China, Oman & Saudi Arabia.

For the 3 groups, only the winner qualifies for the Olympics.

Qualifying Tables

As you can see from the tables though, Kyrgyzstan U23s and Turkmenistan U23s were formidable. You will also spot that the ‘stans’ are dominating the youth teams of Asia, with Uzbekistan U23s completing a clean sweep of stan nations qualifying from Asia.

Olympic Games 2012 Group Draw

The group stage draw as been made and hurrah, Kyrgyzstan don’t have the group of the devil. Neither do Turkmenistan either, so both teams could be pressing for qualification to the Q-Finals.

World Cup 2014 Qualifiers

Yes, its December 2011 and the World Cup process is underway again. Kyrgyzstan for some reason have been drawn in the preliminary KO round, against no hopers Macau and as you can tell from the 1st leg score, I don’t think Macau will want to visit Kyrgyzstan again!

Macau Game Match Overview

Player Stats

Kyrgyzstan won the 2nd leg 3-0.

Anyway, after that farce the draw for the 2nd Round threw up a shock that meant Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan were drawn in groups with another big nation. This means that with only the top team progressing to the final Qual round, 2 big Asian teams will definitely not be there.

World Cup 2014 2nd Round Group Stage Draw

World Rankings

World Rankings - The Top 27

Not much change to this over the last few months, Kyrgyzstan did move up to 16th during the Autumn, but it has fallen back down since.

Player Awards

Alan finished 3rd in the European Footballer of the Year Award. Emmanuele Adebayor came second and the award was won by Robinho.

The World Footballer of the Year Award was won by Fernando Torres.

The World Player of the Year Award was also won by Fernando Torres.

Alexandr Korzanov, the Kyrgyzstan manager, won the Asian Manager of the Year Award. Turkmenistan’s national team manager came 3rd.

Azeryk won the Asian Young Player of the Year Award. Selim Atas came second and Pablo Gonzalez came third.

Coming soon: Tournament Special - Olympic Games 2012

Alan is WW's Player of the Season icon14.gif I'm honoured for the lad.

His stats looking fine, done fairly well on the international scene (so far).

Made over £3m now too icon14.gif.

Liverpool easily winning the title, and the UEFA Cup icon_cool.gif.

Only 9 starts all season? Could possibly mean an exit from Anfield at that rate. icon_frown.gif

5 Alan goals in the Macau game icon_biggrin.gif, and 3rd in Euro Footballer of the Year icon14.gif.

Archived