Sports Interactive Community
Emmeth

Do you play a Premier League team, a Championship or Lower League one ?

Which team do you play ?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Which team do you play ?

• Premier League or equivalent in other countries
    • Championship League or equivalent in other countries
    • Lower Leagues

As the title, I would like to know if you play within the Top League ( whatever country ) a middle one or a lower league.

Thx

Lowest possible for me, usually I holiday for first season and take over one of the promoted teams to the lowest playable division.

I've activated the Swiss lower divisions and am managing Schaan from Liechtenstein in the 5th tier.

I recently started a game as Man City after always managing in the lower leagues. It was shockingly boring, I am now at Grimsby :)

I started a Leeds game but found it a bit unforgiving (i like to have Sunday League Footballer in my profile), so i started again as Kendal in the Blue Square North and am finding it a lot more fun.

Though I support Norwich, they're too high up right now for me to enjoy playing as them, it's way more fun to turn a tiny team into a footballing force.

Currently managing my lowest ranked playable local team Oxford City in the BSN (predicted last iirc), got them up to League 1 atm :)

I play Belgiums first division, although i think it's more of a 'lower' league.. it doesn't have great rep or very strong teams :)

I play big teams, but I haven't ever played the same team twice:

FM11 - Inter, Barca, Bayern

FM12 - Real Madrid, Man City

FM13 - Man Utd, Chelsea

Soon I will run out of big teams and will have to go smaller.

I play Everton, but when looking at the highlights they look like a East European clown act ...

Lower leagues but work my way up. Although saying that I'm still stuck in the Blue Square Prem after 2 seasons with Mansfield lol

I like to start as unemployed with sunday league reputation, so it's always lower league. But I enjoy the challenge to win top division title. :)

Played LLM now since FM06

Love it and wouldn't play any other way

I blame Dafuge :thup:

haha me too. Many thanks Dafuge.

Now I use the editor to extend the leagues downward. Right now I'm being Wingate & Finchley, since they're technically the closest team to me, geographically, that I can find. In the past I have been Barnet, but that's too easy, or even Arsenal, but that's too difficult these days ;)

I tried to manage lower league teams many times before but just can't seem to get anywhere with it, so I mostly start every FM with Inter in the Serie A until I decide to go to a different country. I usually only manage mid to on-the-brink-of-league-domination-but-doesn't-know-it-yet teams.

I always start in a low league, and work my way up, either by accepting offers from bigger clubs, or promotions (Which takes a while, as I try to play in a plausible manner). I'll usually end up competing in the Champions League in the end, though - and for, if I'm in one of the stronger European leagues.

I always start in the lower leagues and try to work my way up. I find it more of a challenge, well, certainly more of an enjoyable challenge anyway. I know that being manager of Manchester City, for example, presents it's own set of challenges but I prefer the sense of achievement when you get success with a smaller club, rather than being able to buy whoever you want. In my last two saves, I have taken Burton and Oxford to the Premier League

I usually play as Man Utd, my home club, first just to let myself adjust to the new match engine etc. Before then going to play as other Lower League teams in my area in new games and traveling around the world etc.

Normally I go with my club in real life (Leeds) but this year I've started with Portsmouth who I thoroughly enjoyed last year.

Almost always the team I support in real life so I can favour the players I like and get rid of the ones I don't. And how else am I going to see Tottenham win the Premier League?

Premier level to start to get my fill of some fantasy football.

Then I start heading into the desperate struggle of the lower leagues...

I love the idea of bringing a team up from the depths but I miss the stability you get from playing as a top level side financially and invariably go back to my Arsenal "test" save. I'm so weak....

Ever since the editor changes to add leagues came in, its only ever been a level 7 or 8 team for me, have just started with Concord Rangers this year. Thought of changing to professional league sides last year, but couldn't be bothered, I love the challenge of semi-pro football, no transfer budget, crowds of a few 100, dreaming of a lucrative cup run and drawing a league club or even better, dreaming of taking a tiny club from nowhere to the FL, half the team aren't even on a contract usually and where your entire annual wage budget is about as much as Wayne Rooney earns in a couple of days!

I usually always play in the top flight, either in England, Italy or Spain, so that gets my vote. I've tried to manage in lower leagues but I've got bored quickly. Never liked how the amount of fixtures constantly seemed to mean that my players were never at, or close to, 100% condition.

Having said that I've started a save with Gateshead in the Blue Square Premier. Only in October of my first season but it's going well so far. I'm really hoping I can stick with it because I can imagine the feeling you must get from working you way up through the leagues (either with the same team or throughout your managerial career with several clubs) to get to the top flight must be really, really rewarding.

Edit: Poll appears to be closed, that would've got my vote. lol

my local boys fenerbahce from turkey and my heart everton from england are always my first trys but then again after few seasons i sayy oovv forget it , lets go back to level 9. so i would choose LLM FOREVER. :)

LLM all the way. Have played that way since my first CM game in the mid 90s. Though I always aim to eventually either make my club a major one, or just get recruited by one. Winning eg. CL is lot more fun if it takes a long time to get access to it, let alone win it.

I'm overall more interested in signing and developing my players and the club than managing every match anyway. Usually manage about maybe 10 matches per season and holiday rest of the time. It's really the only one way for me to get enough seasons done in a reasonable time these days anyway. When I was younger and had a lot more free time I actually managed every match too...