Fullbacks sitting wide and deep on goal kicks

cejid.png

Wondering if anyone's run into this before? Happens mostly on goal kicks, but I've seen it happen sometimes when my keeper gets the ball during play.

Running a 4-4-2, and ideally I'd rather my centerbacks be the ones who are the furthest back, and possibly a bit wider than normal, with the Fullbacks more advanced.

The keeper's distribution is set to "defender collect". If it is not, this must be a bug. Maybe if it is set to mixed the full backs will sometimes do it? Even if it is set to defender collect, the keeper will not always choose to give one of them the ball.

The keeper's distribution is set to "defender collect". If it is not, this must be a bug. Maybe if it is set to mixed the full backs will sometimes do it? Even if it is set to defender collect, the keeper will not always choose to give one of them the ball.

Shouldn't be, he's just a bog standard keeper (defend), no changes made.

1C6UN.png

Odd that it says he's set to "Quick Throw" automatically, since he never does that. I'll try manually setting it to have him lump it forward next match and see if that helps.

Shouldn't be, he's just a bog standard keeper (defend), no changes made.

1C6UN.png

Odd that it says he's set to "Quick Throw" automatically, since he never does that. I'll try manually setting it to have him lump it forward next match and see if that helps.

I assume that quick throws also make the full backs drop deep to receive them. Defender collect is better, though, unless your keeper is very good at throwing.

I assume that quick throws also make the full backs drop deep to receive them. Defender collect is better, though, unless your keeper is very good at throwing.

You're right, both "Quick Throw" and "Defender Collect" seem to cause the fullbacks to drop deep.

While I'd love to use Defender Collect, at the level I'm at right now I don't trust it, so I'd rather just have my keeper hoof it away! :p

Archived