Match engine or tactics?

I find that the AI score A LOT at 90+ minutes. If I have a narrow lead, I know there is a 50% chance of them scoring very very late. I don't want help with any tactic, but does this happen to you who are good at tactics?

To me it doesn't seem to help with the usual shouts for holding on.

Why is there a 50% chance of them scoring late?

There are tons of threads here that do not talk about conceding later...... so, do you think the issues is your tactics or the ME?

I don't want help with any tactic..................

You may not want it, but if you are conceding at a 50% rate late in the game then you need it.

I probably do :)

Sorry hadn't noticed any threads about conceding late, only about conceding in general.

edit: 50% is of course not how it is but how it feels. It is too much anyway, and it is happening when it seems I'm in full control, hence why I asked.

And even if my question wasn't well put and maybe put here out of some frustration, the tone of your answer won't exactly encourage people to post on here. I want to raise this point because I don't believe I am a complete imbecile, I watch a lot of football I read a huge amount on here. How many people do you think do that? How many do you think just quit the game from pure frustration without ever getting near these forums? I would say that even if you think I and perhaps others (what do I know maybe I'm the only idiot) post stupid questions it would be better for the community and the future of this game if you tried to be polite instead of taking such a "von oben" (as we jokingly say in Sweden) attitude.

That said, Lam, I do generally like your posts and read them carefully.

Also sorry for the incredibly long edit.

I probably do :)

Sorry hadn't noticed any threads about conceding late, only about conceding in general.

edit: 50% is of course not how it is but how it feels. It is too much anyway, and it is happening when it seems I'm in full control, hence why I asked.

And even if my question wasn't well put and maybe put here out of some frustration, the tone of your answer won't exactly encourage people to post on here. I want to raise this point because I don't believe I am a complete imbecile, I watch a lot of football I read a huge amount on here. How many people do you think do that? How many do you think just quit the game from pure frustration without ever getting near these forums? I would say that even if you think I and perhaps others (what do I know maybe I'm the only idiot) post stupid questions it would be better for the community and the future of this game if you tried to be polite instead of taking such a "von oben" (as we jokingly say in Sweden) attitude.

That said, Lam, I do generally like your posts and read them carefully.

Also sorry for the incredibly long edit.

The reason you have not seen many threads about conceding late is that it obviously not a universal problem, in fact in a season and a half personally I have not conceded one goal in the 90th + minute. The issue must be your tactics, I would reccomend using Cleons tactics on closing a game out but there are plenty of reasons your team is conceding late and a few ways to close a game out but none of it is to do with the match engine.

Let Cleon play the game?

Haha, yes, results would increase dramatically, at least for me. To be honest the biggest problem I have at the moment is not letting late goals in but consistency. I can play really good for a match or two and then just fall apart the next one.

Is your team getting too tired? Might be worth toning it down if you're playing a high-pressing game which will take a big hit on fitness.

Either that or your team isn't holding on to a lead properly, the dynamics of the game change if you go one goal up, or if it's late in the game and the AI feels desperate to get a result. It might be worth doing the opposite of what would normally seem logic and instead of going defensive, trying to exploit the space behind the AI's defence. If you score a late goal yourself then you're better off if you concede one too than if you hadn't scored. ;)

What kind of late goals are you conceding? Crosses, through balls, set pieces?

Then I'd be wary of getting too narrow, try closing down on the opposition's wingers through OI, probably pressing forward would indeed help defensively too, because if you drop deep then crossing will be the natural way of breaking you down. Unless you're already playing a high line and what the opposition wingers are doing is beating you through speed, that is another danger.

When I say trying to score one more by exploiting the space on their backs I don't necessarily mean going to an "attacking" strategy, sticking to counter but using quick players on their backs and shouts like "Pass To Space" and/or playing more directly could be the key to that.

You can find out how many goals you concede late in the game in the Team Report screen. If it is excessive, maybe it is indeed what you do rather than what you don't do that is causing the problem. If you make changes to hold on to a lead and still concede after the changes take place, then why do you continue to do those changes?

Archived