What is a 4-2-3-1 Denmark Formation?

It a recreation of the tactic of the Danish NT + a number of Danish teams, which play with the same formation from youth level and up.

It's a classic 4 backs, 2 MCs and an offence with AML, AMC, AMR and a lone striker.

Would you happen to know the style of play? IE: short passing or direct? The team I have started my save with this is their preferred formation but I am unsure as to how to setup the style or strategy.

What I have found is this http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/06/05/euro-2012-preview-denmark/

Doesn't it just refer specifically to the formation shape in FM? i.e 4231 with MC's. A 4231 in FM usually refers to a 4231 with DM's, whereas most people associate it with MC (the Denmark variant). This is made even more confusing because AI managers used to use the 4231 Denmark but almost never used the 4231 (with DM) which meant that you'd normally think the 4231 was actually the Denmark and not the DM one (see, it's blooming confusing ).

I don't know what the 'Danish' style is but a 4231 is a pretty flexible formation so a number of approaches to tactics and squad selection is possible.

Exactly my point ha, in the editor it just says 4-2-3-1 Denmark so i checked their formation and it uses cm's no i searched on google and irl Denmark use dm's...im guessing they play direct attacking football with a ball playing defender (agger).

The danish national team prefer shorter passing, slower tempo, with the only true exception being the long diagonals of the centerbacks. Actually, many of the club sides play 442; the 4231 is very much a national (+ youth national) side thing - though FC Nordsjælland use something along the lines of a 4231 as well. A PL-example in terms of style would be Laudrup's Swansea (not Rodgers' swansea though). Laudrup was assistant for Morten Olsen in the national team a while ago; and also employed a similar style with Brøndby.

Archived