TWENTY YEARS - How many have been here the whole journey?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fraid not, I got into the series relatively late after seeing my cousin playing Championship Manager 02/03. The first version I owned was CM4, which came bundled in a box of games which came free with our (at the time) new PC, so I didn't start playing it until a while after it had actually been released.

The first game I bought was FM06, which I liked but couldn't get as immersed in as I could CM4, and since then i've bought FM10 (which I still play now, and still remains arguably my favourite game of the entire 20-year series), and downloaded CM01/02 as well as the demos for 12 and 13.

I started with 01/02. I remember the day I first played it and I had no instruction manual. I had no idea how to progress time which is stupid now I know. That game was brilliant. IMO the best game of all time for its time if that makes sense.

I remember a game on the Amstrad called Multi-Player-Soccer-Manager - that was my introduction to football management, I was 7/8 at the time. There was no match engine, and the results were displayed as they were on Final Score. There was the odd freak result e.g. 11-0 or 6-6 but it provided hours of enjoyment.

Champ/Football Manager. We had our first PC in 1999, I picked up Championship Manager 2 for £5 - was instantly hooked!! Bought Championship Manager 3 second hand for £10, won the Conference and FA Trophy with Cheltenham.

Archived