Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Hough

Mr Hough's Shout Combo It's The Future Thread

Also Mr Hough, Could you post up a pic of your team sliders 'before' you apply any of the shouts. I would be keen to see what your DLine, Width and Tempo is as default.

With my tactic, my default starting sliders are less than halfway which is somewhat annoying.

Also Mr Hough, Could you post up a pic of your team sliders 'before' you apply any of the shouts. I would be keen to see what your DLine, Width and Tempo is as default.

With my tactic, my default starting sliders are less than halfway which is somewhat annoying.

Everything is the default i use Balanced and Attacking, Thats the it

Everything is the default i use Balanced and Attacking, Thats the it

But the default sliders are not all in the middle to start off with, as the positions that we select defines this. Example, using the Tactical creator it has 442 as the base tactic, then I pull the ml to the dmc position, striker to the aml and the mr to the amr, thus playing a 433 dm, mc, mc, aml, amr, st . I now change philosophy to Fluid and stay as standard.

Now, my D line has suddenly been changed to below half way, along with my tempo and width. You would think that they would be on the halfway line, would you not. This is why I was asking if you could perhaps show your team sliders as the default and then your team sliders once you've applied the 'play like barca' shout. Thanks :thup:

Can anyone figure anything out themselves? It's not a cheat tactic it's just a TC one. Try yourselves you might even enjoy it!

Can anyone figure anything out themselves? It's not a cheat tactic it's just a TC one. Try yourselves you might even enjoy it!

The thing is, depending upon how you position your players within the start of the tactic creator will dictate your team starting sliders. I have created 3 different tactics all with the same starting positions and all of which use fluid and standard and yet it somehow gives different team sliders for dline, width and tempo. One was created within the TC and the other was created using a standard formation and then changing the positions around.

vzj720.png

2e39ykz.png

10gk4lx.png

As you can see, even though both have the exact same instructions etc, the team sliders are different by default. Also, why does the TC change the dline just because I pull and mc to the dm position?

So...how do I implement a saved Created Shout Combo during the match?

Shout Instructions (in the top bar) → Issue Instruction → Shouts → <Whatever You Named The Shout>

I am not afraid to ask a stupid question (Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question...only stupid people with questions.)

I can't figure out how to use my Created Shout Combos. I'm guessing its really, really simple and I'm just not seeing the right icon, button, key, menu drop-down...whatever.

So...how do I implement a saved Created Shout Combo during the match? (btw I am using Steklo 3 skin)

Thanks

7k86h55i841dspmptop9.png

Razerious and cragsfc, thanks...but when I click on that I go to menu with my saved and named shout combos...but THEN what? I click on them...but it doesn't seem to DO anything.

Clearly I am missing something VERY obvious!

Razerious and cragsfc, thanks...but when I click on that I go to menu with my saved and named shout combos...but THEN what? I click on them...but it doesn't seem to DO anything.

The instructions should be activated and added to the list of active shouts in the "Shout Instructions"-menu.

Screen%20Shot%202012-12-06%20at%2010.45.13%20PM.png

Hi guys,

I don't write much on the forums but I read them a lot to get ideas and help with FM, and I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Cleon, Mr. Hough, WWfan and everyone else for what you've written on here about using the TC and implementing shouts. For the past few versions of FM I'd always downloaded "super tactics" that were just plug 'n' play and had great success with them, but since patch 13.1.3 came out and classic version tactics were no longer having the same effect, I was getting very frustrated and annoyed with FM13. Now I've made my own tactic using the TC, followed the guides on how to use shouts, and I'm top of the Prem with Nottm Forest in my second season!

So it's proof that the TC works and even a tactical numpty like me can have success. Saying that, I haven't finished my second season yet so I've probably jinxed myself now. D'oh!

Hi guys,

I don't write much on the forums but I read them a lot to get ideas and help with FM, and I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Cleon, Mr. Hough, WWfan and everyone else for what you've written on here about using the TC and implementing shouts. For the past few versions of FM I'd always downloaded "super tactics" that were just plug 'n' play and had great success with them, but since patch 13.1.3 came out and classic version tactics were no longer having the same effect, I was getting very frustrated and annoyed with FM13. Now I've made my own tactic using the TC, followed the guides on how to use shouts, and I'm top of the Prem with Nottm Forest in my second season!

So it's proof that the TC works and even a tactical numpty like me can have success. Saying that, I haven't finished my second season yet so I've probably jinxed myself now. D'oh!

Excellent stuff! :thup:

Just out of interest, what formation are you playing?

Excellent stuff! :thup:

Just out of interest, what formation are you playing?

I have three formations but they're all a variation of 4-3-3 with a back 4 and front 3 of AML-AMR-STC. The differences are the centre mids where I have:

1st formation: DMCL-MCR-AMC

2nd formation: MCL-MCR-AMC

3rd formation: DMCL-DMCR-AMC

I change depending on who I'm playing against, players available, rotating players etc.

I have three formations but they're all a variation of 4-3-3 with a back 4 and front 3 of AML-AMR-STC. The differences are the centre mids where I have:

1st formation: DMCL-MCR-AMC

2nd formation: MCL-MCR-AMC

3rd formation: DMCL-DMCR-AMC

I change depending on who I'm playing against, players available, rotating players etc.

What kind of strategy do you start off with and what do you do in regards to training and match preparation? Seems very good what you've achieved.

What kind of strategy do you start off with and what do you do in regards to training and match preparation? Seems very good what you've achieved.

My starting strategy depends on whom I'm playing against. I generally start with Attacking but will start with Counter against the big guns like United, City etc. I've set up shouts just like Mr.Hough and again I generally start with his "Play Like Barca" shout. I'll alter the shouts depending on how the match is going. If I'm doing well and the highlights are dominated by my team then I won't change much. If nothing is happening, I'm losing or the opposition are having lots of chances then I'll make changes according to what I see or my assistant's feedback.

It doesn't work all the time though because I just got stuff 3-0 away to United. I barely had a sniff and they should have scored more. They were 2-0 in the first 10 minutes though so it was obviously an uphill battle from then.

I have training on Team Cohesion because I have quite a few players who don't speak English and I've brought in 3 or 4 players each transfer window. I leave Match Prep to my assistant.

My starting strategy depends on whom I'm playing against. I generally start with Attacking but will start with Counter against the big guns like United, City etc. I've set up shouts just like Mr.Hough and again I generally start with his "Play Like Barca" shout. I'll alter the shouts depending on how the match is going. If I'm doing well and the highlights are dominated by my team then I won't change much. If nothing is happening, I'm losing or the opposition are having lots of chances then I'll make changes according to what I see or my assistant's feedback.

It doesn't work all the time though because I just got stuff 3-0 away to United. I barely had a sniff and they should have scored more. They were 2-0 in the first 10 minutes though so it was obviously an uphill battle from then.

I have training on Team Cohesion because I have quite a few players who don't speak English and I've brought in 3 or 4 players each transfer window. I leave Match Prep to my assistant.

I'm having some success with some shouts and I'm still creating new ones. So far I have made 12 shouts that I can use depending upon the opposition, whether they are stronger than I am and if they're playing wide/narrow etc. I am still a bit up in the air with what to do in regards to training/match preparation, so I am changing it match to match depending whether or not we will be attacking or more reserved.

One question though, do you have the quality of players ie, passing, creativity, work rate, tackling to be able to play the 'play like barca' shout seeing upon how it's yonly your 2nd season. That shout is particularly high pressing with almost every player on max closing down. How do you deal with your players not tiring?

As previously noted Rye United are destorying Sussex County One with a TC made shout-manipulated Mr Hpough adaptation. So I shouldnt grumble but I am. No matter how much I move forward and use my 'Tora! Tora! Tora!' shout, even for 90 mins I can get goals at home (3-2-0 4-1). Of course it may just be the strikers but I seem to score better away. My TTT is the same as Mr Houghs attack shout... has anyone got a shout thats even more gung-ho?

As previously noted Rye United are destorying Sussex County One with a TC made shout-manipulated Mr Hpough adaptation. So I shouldnt grumble but I am. No matter how much I move forward and use my 'Tora! Tora! Tora!' shout, even for 90 mins I can get goals at home (3-2-0 4-1). Of course it may just be the strikers but I seem to score better away. My TTT is the same as Mr Houghs attack shout... has anyone got a shout thats even more gung-ho?

This is what I use when I go in search of that 'Instant Goal'.... Tick the box for 'change to Overload' and then add...Push Higher up, Get Ball Fwrd, Clear Flanks, Get stuck In, Exploit Flanks, Play Wider, Run At Def, Overlap

This is what I use when I go in search of that 'Instant Goal'.... Tick the box for 'change to Overload' and then add...Push Higher up, Get Ball Fwrd, Clear Flanks, Get stuck In, Exploit Flanks, Play Wider, Run At Def, Overlap

Yes... that looks like the bunny... I usually play 4-2-1-2-2 counter attack balanced with two wingers but at home I push the DPM up to join the APM and the wingers join the attack and if this is till not working I turn them into IFs which, with my attacking wingbacks.... should be enough.

Seems everyone comes to park the bus :(

Hi guys,

I am exactly the same. Used to rely on downloading tactics as I really did not have the time to painstakingly create my own with sliders. Also didn't like using the TC as I could never get one to work for my team. I mean the last one I created on this patch left me with 0 shots at all in some games....

...Then I read this thread, and I think I have now sussed it. In 2015 with Blackburn, struggled to 11th the previous season as I just could not score. Created a tactic similar to the one in the OP, using shouts, and have now just got to September. First game drew with a very strong Manchester City 2-2 (with Aguero scoring in the dying minutes), then I smashed QPR 5-0, Morecambe 3-0 in the cup and Fulham 4-0. I am loving the play too, pass and move, one twos and Nangis scored one of the best goals I have ever seen on the game, dribbling around 4 or 5 players, Messi style.

Can honestly say I am enjoying the FM13 for the first time now.

Yes... that looks like the bunny... I usually play 4-2-1-2-2 counter attack balanced with two wingers but at home I push the DPM up to join the APM and the wingers join the attack and if this is till not working I turn them into IFs which, with my attacking wingbacks.... should be enough.

If they're parking the bus then perhaps you want to play more patiently within there half. Try this... Overload, Push Up, Retain Possession, Play Wider, Overlap, Pass to Feet, Play Out Defence, Work Ball.

If people are parking the bus against ou it's gonna be hard for you to go through it but easier to go around, Try playing out wide and see if you can get some full backs on the ball attacking and spreading the play so it stretches the defence

The shouts are so important I've found.

I always play a 4-5-1 formation comprising a goalkeeper on defend. Two fullbacks on automatic ,two central defenders on defend. One defensive midfielder on defend with two CMs in the advanced playmaker (attack) and deep lying playmaker (support) roles. I then suppliment these with two inside forwards on support to my deep lying forward also on support.

The result is slow and patient build up to break the opposition down. Often a quick counter will work too. Primarily I'll use the following shouts for my games:

One I'm expected to win, or I'm evens with:

Dominate the game.

• Play out of defence

• Push higher up

• Pass into space

• Play through defence

• Work ball into box

• Retain possession

If I'm playing a smaller team and they are heard to break down I will use:

• Drop deeper

• Play wider

• Stand off opponents

I will change some of the shouts depending on how the game is going.

Struggling for possession:

• Push higher up

• Get stuck in

• Hassle opponents

Holding onto a narrow lead:

• Retain possession

• Pass to feet

• Drop deeper

I try to watch how the opposition is playing, how quick their attack is. How slow their defence is. And based on this will adjust the shouts slightly.

If people are parking the bus against ou it's gonna be hard for you to go through it but easier to go around, Try playing out wide and see if you can get some full backs on the ball attacking and spreading the play so it stretches the defence

I'd also drop a little deeper and stand off them to try entice them out of their half. I also play wider when I'm against this situation. Helps a lot.

No goalkeeper?? :)

I have got to say that this thread has saved the game for me.

Was struggling to get any tactic to play how I wanted and was getting fed up with whole game but now using the shouts WOW

What a difference......Defending good.....Creativity good....Scoring goals and winning games at last.

I am now very pleased with my tactic...thanks everyone involved....:applause:

No goalkeeper?? :)

hehehehehe... not used very much....

solved the problem... concentrating so much on shouts that I forgot about training... switched to attacking movement and presto!

Mr Hough Im using one of the tweak versions of your tactic posted on your thread, anyway I thought Id give the shouts a go so I set them up like you showed in this thread, seemed to be working well went on a 3 game winning streak 6-2 5-4 3-0 then faced chelsea who are 18th and got murdered 7-0, maybe i did something wrong but what do you think is the best shout to start a game with say if your underdogs ? then if your favourites ? i like the play like barca one but maybe that was too much to start with facing chelsea

thanks for the help

Is there a way to save shouts so if i start a new game there there. Like when you can save filters shortlist etc...

Is there a way to save shouts so if i start a new game there there. Like when you can save filters shortlist etc...

What I am finding is that when you make a tactic with TC and then save it, you then go to the the tactic screen and sort your shouts out. If you then save the tactic again after doing your shouts they stay with that saved tactic.

What I am finding is that when you make a tactic with TC and then save it, you then go to the the tactic screen and sort your shouts out. If you then save the tactic again after doing your shouts they stay with that saved tactic.
right cheers mate

The instructions should be activated and added to the list of active shouts in the "Shout Instructions"-menu.

Screen%20Shot%202012-12-06%20at%2010.45.13%20PM.png

thanks, I was pretty sure it was something EBARASSINGLY simple/obvious that I was somehow just not seeing.

The shouts are so important I've found.

I always play a 4-5-1 formation comprising a goalkeeper on defend. Two fullbacks on automatic ,two central defenders on defend. One defensive midfielder on defend with two CMs in the advanced playmaker (attack) and deep lying playmaker (support) roles. I then suppliment these with two inside forwards on support to my deep lying forward also on support.

The result is slow and patient build up to break the opposition down. Often a quick counter will work too. Primarily I'll use the following shouts for my games:

One I'm expected to win, or I'm evens with:

Dominate the game.

• Play out of defence

• Push higher up

• Pass into space

• Play through defence

• Work ball into box

• Retain possession

If I'm playing a smaller team and they are heard to break down I will use:

• Drop deeper

• Play wider

• Stand off opponents

I will change some of the shouts depending on how the game is going.

Struggling for possession:

• Push higher up

• Get stuck in

• Hassle opponents

Holding onto a narrow lead:

• Retain possession

• Pass to feet

• Drop deeper

I try to watch how the opposition is playing, how quick their attack is. How slow their defence is. And based on this will adjust the shouts slightly.

The last thing you want to do when holding on is drop deeper and invite pressure.

The last thing you want to do when holding on is drop deeper and invite pressure.

Why? When the opposition is pushing up in search of an equalizer I find it's a good retort.

Straight from the manual:

Drop Deeper

Effect: Tells the defence to sag further back when in possession.

Action: Decreases the defensive line height, lower closing down.

Useful: When playing against quicker strikers; when playing against a team pushing up; when looking for more space with a team packing the midfield and defence.

It is a perfectly viable strategy, as long as you have the right players to pull it off.

OK ladies and Gentlemen here is a little thread/Guide to combo shouts how to use them set them up and what impact they can potentially have on your game.

Some people may know i tend to make tactics in the classic mould but this has proved extremely difficult in this years FM, Not because the ME in broken or that SI are trying to make the classic part of the tactics disappear simply because i used to rely on the 'Bugs' in the ME and in this years FM it's much harder to see/find them.

So i was looking around the Forums and seen the Legendary Fuss's Picture regarding Shouts and the Combos of different Shouts you can use in game, I was instantly amazed and excited by this because i new i had found the key to make a brilliant tactic, Not by spending hours looking for exploits in the ME by tweaking each position but by using the Tools that Si have given us to make out FM experience better.

I Loaded up my Rangers Save that i had just started and set about making some combo shouts, I thought about the situations my team might be in and selected the relative shouts for each one and named the collective group of shouts appropriately, It took me about 5 minutes and the hardest part of it was thinking what to name them.

I had my formation which is a 4-2-3-1 with a Rigid Style and Attacking Philosophy here is a screen shot of my formation i have used for Rangers.

RangersTCformation.jpg

It's completely TC made with no individual changes other than to set the Long Shots of Each Player to Rarely. I have set my shouts up to incorporate just a couple of the in game scenarios that i might face like.

Shout Name Shouts Used

Pressure the Opposition - Push Higher Up - Get Stuck In - Hassle Opposition - Run At Defence

Hold On The/Keep Possession - Play out of defence - Stay On Feet - Pass To Feet - Work Ball Into Box - Retain Possession.

Play Like Barca - Play Out Of Defence - Push Higher Up - Pass to feet - Play Through Defence - Work Ball into Box - Look for Overlap - Retain Possession.

Some Wing Play - Play out of defence - Pass into Space - Play Wider - Run at Defence - Look For Overlap - Get Ball Forward - Exploit The Flanks.

Park The Mini Bus - Drop Deeper - Stay On Feet - Play Narrow - Retain Possession - Stand off Opponents

All Out Attack - Play Out Of Defence - Push Higher Up - Get Stuck In - Play Wider - play through defence - work ball into box - get ball forward - Hassle Opponents - Exploit the Flanks.

There are all the Shouts i have set for my 4-2-3-1 formation, I Mainly use the Play Like Barca and Wing-play.

What i wanna get from a thread/guide like this is that i want us all to help each other, What Formation do you use and what shouts if you use any are working for you, That way we can make some amazing tactics and shout combos in 2 minutes.

There is a lot more information i am going to add over time as i gather more information regarding the Whole Shout System.

Thanks For Reading.

Dave are all these shout set with standard ? or are they different ? could you let me know what is what thanks

Does that mean that, whether you have a team setting of 'More Direct' or 'Short' passing, and you then set the 'Get the ball forward' shout - both will end up with the exact same passing settings???

I always thought the shouts changed the sliders relative to how you already had your team set up... If that is not the case, then it would be incredibly useful to know for sure!

Noticed this one wasn't answered, but it's an important thing to clarify, especially for those who are finally getting around to exploring the TC system. The majority of shouts are relative to your base setup and do not represent a universal setting, such as "Get The Ball Forward" . In contrast, shouts such as Hassle Opposition and Stand Off Opposition" do apply universal settings (maximum closing and minimum closing down respectively) regardless of your initial closing down setting.

The thing is, depending upon how you position your players within the start of the tactic creator will dictate your team starting sliders. I have created 3 different tactics all with the same starting positions and all of which use fluid and standard and yet it somehow gives different team sliders for dline, width and tempo. One was created within the TC and the other was created using a standard formation and then changing the positions around.

10gk4lx.png

As you can see, even though both have the exact same instructions etc, the team sliders are different by default. Also, why does the TC change the dline just because I pull and mc to the dm position?

nonleague, could you log this in the bugs forum? Thought I noticed something like this happening and am glad you identified it concretely. With people using TC tactics it should be important to make sure that Joe Blogs 4-4-2 starts with the same defaults as everyone else. Could lead to confusion down the line, and inconsistent results.

nonleague, could you log this in the bugs forum? Thought I noticed something like this happening and am glad you identified it concretely. With people using TC tactics it should be important to make sure that Joe Blogs 4-4-2 starts with the same defaults as everyone else. Could lead to confusion down the line, and inconsistent results.

It's supposed to happen. There's slightly different logic involved if you have certain positions active/inactive.

Yeah its not working for me :(

Yes sorry guys one minute it does work then the next it disappears again.

If they are throwing everyone forward and you keep playing a high defensive line then you are going to leave gaps behind the defenders. You don't have to play deep, just deeper. Mr Hough is playing an attacking mentality which means his DL is very high, so dropping it deeper wont mean players are camped in their own box, it just means they will drop back to a more solid position.

Yeah but once you load the tactic with the changes and hit the continue button they change back. You need to add the shouts every game manually.

I need some advice for my real madrid side.I want to play an attacking style but with counter shouts like in real life does mourinho.If someone has an idea i would like to hear it.My formation is 4-2-3-1 deep.Thanks.

I would like to just say something about your first thread. I hope WWFan, Cleon, Mr Hough etc. read this.

I know it was closed as it was it went off topic and stuff, but that debate has helped me out big time, was a very enjoyable read and really feel I understand why I should use the TC now. So thanks guys.

Also this is a useful thread too. Good work

It's supposed to happen. There's slightly different logic involved if you have certain positions active/inactive.
I have created 3 different tactics all with the same starting positions... yet it somehow gives different team sliders for dline, width and tempo.

He's saying that he creates 3 identical tactics that have different outcomes. If you're saying this is because certain starting tactics activate certain logic not matter how you then change them I would certainly consider that an issue. If you or I have misread his post then perhaps there isn't an issue.

He's saying that he creates 3 identical tactics that have different outcomes. If you're saying this is because certain starting tactics activate certain logic not matter how you then change them I would certainly consider that an issue. If you or I have misread his post then perhaps there isn't an issue.

What happened was that I created a tactic from one of the default tactics (can't remember which one now) and then dragged around the positions to get my 41221 and then adjusted the team mentality to standard. In doing this it gave me a deeper DL, Width and Tempo than when I created the exact same tactic from scratch using the TC.

Surely, they both should end up looking the same regardless of whether or not I had created it from an already preset tactic that SI made or if I had made it from scratch in the wizard.

I think it could possibly be a bug and is something that could definitely be replicated.

hi peeps..

i'm more a reader then poster... Really nice thread! good to learn how shouts works.. what i wonder.. i have a flat 442, what kind of shouts would be usefull against a similar 442 ??