Too many striker injuries

I've found that strikers get injured more easily than other players at one point I had 3 strikers injured out of 4 and the team I played last week had their best strikers injured so played a centre back as a striker and the team I'm playing this week has all their natural strikers injured. Sounds like a bug to me. There is a correct proportion for other positions but strikers seem to injure easily

• Administrators

Are you giving your strikers a particular intensive training regime? Also are you playing high pressing game with a high tempo? Are any of the players particularly injury prone? What kind of injuries are they picking up? Let us know, thanks.

There's a terrible tendency to feel that the game's against you when all that's happening is a perfectly random distribution of events. People just aren't very good at recognising random: we are always seeing patterns which aren't there. As an example twice in my current game I've felt really hard done by. At the end of the first season I lost all my strikers to injury and grumbled to myself that it was those injuries which cost me the title. It was only later I remembered that I'd hardly had any injuries all season - I hadn't had many, but they had clustered together.

And a few minutes ago I was cursing the game, "oh no, not another injury, it's not fair!" then I looked at the injury table. My team was top, just, but I had three or four just about to return while a couple of the teams I'm competing with were just below me and had several leading players out for long periods too and in a couple of weeks they would have more injuries than me.

It cant be random. I played one team that started 2 grey players, another which started 2 youth players and a 3rd who started a defender up front. All these players played AMC or ST due to injury. Other teams have their best striker injured. Other positions seem to have a lower injury proportion. The amount of striker injuries is to many and is ruining my save because I dont want to play against grey players.

probably the injures increased due to the changes in defenders pressure in the patch, so the injuries probability should also have been changed. i stoped playing fm2013 a days ago because this highly frequence of injuries is far too unreal.. i really hope that someone fix this because i´m looking forward to make a run for the champions league!

There's a terrible tendency to feel that the game's against you when all that's happening is a perfectly random distribution of events. People just aren't very good at recognising random: we are always seeing patterns which aren't there. As an example twice in my current game I've felt really hard done by. At the end of the first season I lost all my strikers to injury and grumbled to myself that it was those injuries which cost me the title. It was only later I remembered that I'd hardly had any injuries all season - I hadn't had many, but they had clustered together.

I actually think this COULD be the problem, if there's any: In my savegame, there have been quite a number of moments none of my players got injured, while I got a lot of injuries at the same time on other moments, instead of having a number of injured players that hardly changes

Sometimes you can field your starting eleven for 8/10 matches with no injuries whatsoever, and sometimes you will struggle to field the very same team for two consecutive matches because of injuries

I actually think this COULD be the problem, if there's any: In my savegame, there have been quite a number of moments none of my players got injured, while I got a lot of injuries at the same time on other moments, instead of having a number of injured players that hardly changes

Sometimes you can field your starting eleven for 8/10 matches with no injuries whatsoever, and sometimes you will struggle to field the very same team for two consecutive matches because of injuries

It's not just me every team I have played in the last 5 games has had 2-4 attackers who are usual starters

It cant be random. I played one team that started 2 grey players, another which started 2 youth players and a 3rd who started a defender up front. All these players played AMC or ST due to injury. Other teams have their best striker injured. Other positions seem to have a lower injury proportion. The amount of striker injuries is to many and is ruining my save because I dont want to play against grey players.

I cant comment for the randomness. Last season i went into my new campain with a pretty small squad. (id over paid on wages for 2 back up players swollowing up 20% of my wage budget between them) Due to the financial mis-management on my part i had a small squad as i tried to sort the wage budget out. Anyways what i noticed on 3 occassions i feilded just 3 subs from a possible 7. These 3 subs always included a center back, right back and a keeper. These where the areas i had the least amount of cover. My MC's, AMC's and ST's where i was well covered where out. Never on long spells but all that was an issue. In the end it got worse because again my financial mismanagement i brought in an aging RVP for back up but he had a clause which if he played 20 games his wage would double. Obviously i couldnt afford that so i had to change my formation several times as a result of injuries and financial management.

I cant complain at the fiances or my small squad as that was my fault. But the amount of attacking injuries was a mare.

I also noticed A player from another club, he finnished top scorer. I dont know if he got injured or not, but he scored literally 5 goals over the coarse of the next season. He barley played any games. Instead the club played my previous seasons 3rd choice striker.

The injuries have always beem too high ever since FM11, it's kind of dissapointing seeing that this has returned in FM13. Not only is it highly unrealistic, but the snowball effect it has takes all the fun away. One injury is enough to put pressure on another team members on the next few matches and before you know it you end up with 5 players out.

I seriously can't recall a single save in the premier league in FM12 where there wasn't a time where I had up to 7-9 of my players injured. It's a bit of madness. If every team was to have this many injuries in real life, football would be banned for use of excessive force in the field.

It also doesn't help that most of the time those injuries go unpunished. No few are the matches where you walk off the field with 3 players injured and the AI team hasn't got a single yellow card at least, in fact, it's most likely that you will have been charged more fouls as well. This is like...erm...sorry ref, but did you miss the point where they had their knees obliterated? This is something that adds even more to the frustration of the moment where your players get injured.

Players that are being tutored or tutoring seem to be targeted really often as well...could be just my luck though on this and I'm fairly certain I'm not the luckiest man alive.

It's very frustrating. Just managed to be promoted to the Championship with Scunthorpe and in the second round of the new season I have four key players injured.

During last season I had always 2/3 key players with bad injuries and it almost cost me the title.

I'm simply so frustrated I lost the will to play.

Kind of "glad" that others are experiencing this problem, too. I posted a thread about my strikers getting injured in match a week ago but there were no replies so I thought I had just been highly unlucky. Good to know, that there could be some truth to it. What roles did you give to your strikers?

I have a 2-striker-combo of Advanced Forward and Deep Lying Forward and only the ones in the DLF position constantly get injured. If I put the same players in the AF position, they are fine and don't get injured. Most of the times the injuries aren't bad and the players are fit again before the next match. But still annoying.

Massive amount of injuries.

I know the game has other issues, but this was the last straw for me. I completely stopped playing a few weeks ago.

As soon as that last patch came out, i had seven or eight injuries in a very short span. And immediately knew there was a problem.

Before all of those guys healed up, i had about five more. Then i stopped playing.

It's not normal. It only happened after the latest patch.

Nowhere in the latest patch, or any patch for that matter, does it say: we have greatly increased injury susceptibility.

I talked to my pops a couple days ago. A pile of his players are injured, too.

Not fun. Not realistic. And totally bugged.

I'm glad it's a general problem. I play with two strikers DLF and Poacher, but I have frequent injuries to all positions. Always 3/4 key players injured. If i'm Man City it's ok, but with Scunthorpe it's game over. Not realistic at all.

I have not experienced the same injury problems that I am hearing iin this thread, but having only played since FM12, the number seems quite consistant from last year's version. I build my teams with a particular close attention at the Natural Fitness attribute, aiming for at least a 12 for any signings that I make. I have missed out on a few top notch players in the 7 seasons that I have completed in FM13 so far, but I have achieved the goals I set for myself each year, strengthening my squad. I prefer to rotate my team to keep them fresh (nobody starts if the are below 92%, youngsters are featured in lower cup ties, anyone under 90% match fitness builds through reserve or bench appearances, etc.) I have found that injuries will still happen, but less frequently and wiith less time out (5-12 days instead of weeks). Preseason injuries tend to get me though, with two torn calf muscles in July for my starting CB and FB.

Playing as Lazio first season I have five strikers now, and writing February I don't think I have experienced yet that all of them are injury-free at the same time. Usually two or three injured constantly. My wingers are also fairly injury-plagued. Of course, most of these players are aging and won't tolerate more than 1 match per week even when 100% match fit. They might also be known injury-prone players I don't really know.

I follow roughly the same fitness strategy as chazray34 above, but the same players are still getting knocks and injuries almost every match especially when they have just returned from injury and a while afterwards even though they have become match fit again.

Even though Mauri, Klose and Co. are known injury-prone players I doubt it is so bad in real life that they limp around every match... so this tells me that the Injury Proneness attribute might be too "sensitive" for this ME, which finally has become the contact sport football really is (although most challenges are body checks not sliding tackles like in FM). I hope SI will get the balance right before Christmas :)

Playing as Lazio first season I have five strikers now, and writing February I don't think I have experienced yet that all of them are injury-free at the same time. Usually two or three injured constantly. My wingers are also fairly injury-plagued. Of course, most of these players are aging and won't tolerate more than 1 match per week even when 100% match fit. They might also be known injury-prone players I don't really know.

I follow roughly the same fitness strategy as chazray34 above, but the same players are still getting knocks and injuries almost every match especially when they have just returned from injury and a while afterwards even though they have become match fit again.

Even though Mauri, Klose and Co. are known injury-prone players I doubt it is so bad in real life that they limp around every match... so this tells me that the Injury Proneness attribute might be too "sensitive" for this ME, which finally has become the contact sport football really is (although most challenges are body checks not sliding tackles like in FM). I hope SI will get the balance right before Christmas :)

I read earlier in the me feedback an idea of take breathers helping with wingers and forward running strikers reducing injuries. not sure on your tactics, maybe you could throw a couple in to give it a try? Obviously if they already are lazy and just wait up top for the ball it shouldnt help as much?

Dont know if it helps, but thought id throw it out there

I read earlier in the me feedback an idea of take breathers helping with wingers and forward running strikers reducing injuries. not sure on your tactics, maybe you could throw a couple in to give it a try? Obviously if they already are lazy and just wait up top for the ball it shouldnt help as much?

Dont know if it helps, but thought id throw it out there

Oh closing down max here, I use Classic tactics. I believe that most of those were caused by "collisions" and tackles by the opposition, though. Collisions, as used by the commentator, is a nice name for violent assaults that the referee allows... if the 3d animations are anything to judge by.

I've just had a few get injured after changing my training to fitness to try get them a bit fitter. Now my DM is injured to go with my two best CMs and my AML. Seems they cannot take training for fitness. I'll be switching back pretty quick. My midfield is now out, along with my best striker.

This is my strongest 11. These players are out for a while. I now have to play the kids as I don't have a reserve team because I'm poor and cannot afford the players.

xRLrB.png

Nobody acknowledges the injury thing as they all prefer to say "if it doesn't happen to all of us it isn't a bug". I find it absurd as there is a high amount of messages on this topic more and more each day.

I'm in my second season with Rangers and it became clear that it is an on and off thing. Some times your team has the normal 1-2 injured players and other times it feels like a cross between ER and MASH. The snowball effect as you call it.

Funny thing, if i can call it like that, is that by having an extensive shortlist i get reports of 2-3 players getting injured almost daily. When the national teams play it's even more frequent. I guess if we are not smart enough to figure what we are doing wrong, the AI by comparison is stupid as hell.

An another stupid thing, how much of a coincidence can it be that 5 players that i was targeting for transfer in the winter transfer window got 3-4 months long injuries. All of them !!! I'm jinxing them when i'm inquire for a transfer or what? I guess this is random also right ? It beats the purpose to buy a young player that shows promise if he gets injured for 4-5 months in total and his progress gets messed up !

From what I'm reading here, it's pretty obvious it is a problem happening to most users. I really hope that SI will adress this "injury bug" in the next patch because I'm not playing anymore and I wanted to.

From what I'm reading here, it's pretty obvious it is a problem happening to most users. I really hope that SI will adress this "injury bug" in the next patch because I'm not playing anymore and I wanted to.

is it really a bug or just people getting injuries? injuries are apart of football youre going to get them seems like on this site soon as anytiing happens everyone is quick to blame on bug instead just luck

Nobody acknowledges the injury thing as they all prefer to say "if it doesn't happen to all of us it isn't a bug". I find it absurd as there is a high amount of messages on this topic more and more each day.

I'm in my second season with Rangers and it became clear that it is an on and off thing. Some times your team has the normal 1-2 injured players and other times it feels like a cross between ER and MASH. The snowball effect as you call it.

Funny thing, if i can call it like that, is that by having an extensive shortlist i get reports of 2-3 players getting injured almost daily. When the national teams play it's even more frequent. I guess if we are not smart enough to figure what we are doing wrong, the AI by comparison is stupid as hell.

An another stupid thing, how much of a coincidence can it be that 5 players that i was targeting for transfer in the winter transfer window got 3-4 months long injuries. All of them !!! I'm jinxing them when i'm inquire for a transfer or what? I guess this is random also right ? It beats the purpose to buy a young player that shows promise if he gets injured for 4-5 months in total and his progress gets messed up !

I've found this too. Everyone I've enquired about has had a long term injury, it's like I've dodged a bullet.

is it really a bug or just people getting injuries? injuries are apart of football youre going to get them seems like on this site soon as anytiing happens everyone is quick to blame on bug instead just luck

I'm not saying it is a bug, I was asking if SI has confirmed it is a bug. I don't recall getting half of my 22 man squad injured. Season 2 on the old ME I didn't have any. Season 3 on the new ME and I have 10 of 22 out. It's just frustrating that when you're pushing for a high position in the league you're penalised by these injuries.

All we can do is come out and ask the question, hope that SI will investigate it and then either confirm or deny any bug. If it's the latter I'll accept that and put it down to luck.

Come on, be fair to SI. They usually admit when there is a problem (as with taxes recently or add/remove leagues in FM12) and they are currently looking into it. If 20 users post that they have an issue, it may seem like "everyone" has that problem but 20 people is only a tiny fraction of all people who play FM13 and there are many more people on this forum who DIDN'T post about that problem because they don't have/see one.

I'm not saying that there isn't an issue because I have experienced the same injury problems with my players, too, but I guess it is very hard for us who don't have an overview over all reported issues to determine whether some users out of the hundred-thousands playing FM out there have been highly unlucky or are experiencing something that needs to be fixed. FM is very complex and the next thing would be to tone down the causes of injuries- which could be many things - by the right degree. As you can see, Neil Brock already answered in this thread, so they are aware, that there might be an issue and they are keeping an eye on it.

Im not sure that its really that obvious. there are a few people saying they havent had any issues, and i myself certainly havent had any.

yes they get injured, but no more than i would expect, probs about a month out of the season is lost to injury per striker for me, which is nothing really.

i also only have 2 strikers and one development striker (Suarez, Borini and a regen) and have only once in 3 seasons had suarez and borini injured and that was only for a short while.

i have borini and my development striker on heavy intensity training and borini plays at least once a week (if hes fit, he plays) suarez not so much.

it must be something to do with a combination of how much you are playing them, their intensity of training as well as what you are expecting them to do in the game. i have mine set to run with the ball rarely (hence why borini is my first choice rather than suarez) and on an advanced forward role. maybe the fact that they dont run with the ball much means they dont get tackled often, and therefore less likely to pick up an injury.

i certainly dont think theres a bug.

Im not sure that its really that obvious. there are a few people saying they havent had any issues, and i myself certainly havent had any.

yes they get injured, but no more than i would expect, probs about a month out of the season is lost to injury per striker for me, which is nothing really.

i also only have 2 strikers and one development striker (Suarez, Borini and a regen) and have only once in 3 seasons had suarez and borini injured and that was only for a short while.

i have borini and my development striker on heavy intensity training and borini plays at least once a week (if hes fit, he plays) suarez not so much.

it must be something to do with a combination of how much you are playing them, their intensity of training as well as what you are expecting them to do in the game. i have mine set to run with the ball rarely (hence why borini is my first choice rather than suarez) and on an advanced forward role. maybe the fact that they dont run with the ball much means they dont get tackled often, and therefore less likely to pick up an injury.

i certainly dont think theres a bug.

If Advanced Forwards, poachers (RwB often) and DLF's (hold up ball) get injured more often than other roles and duties, it is a bug :)

injuries.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Zarate stepped in as a striker when Rocchi had to go out... I took the screenshot right after the very expected message that he "got a knock". They are just being hacked down out there, with the referee's blessing.

I had that once with keepers. Against Barcelona. Away.

:( :( :(

Archived