PA Star rating of players on loan drops

I have just had this with three players. My assistant manager rated 2 of them with 4 and 1/2 star potential and one of them with 4 star potential. I loan them them out, and then my ass man immediately rates them with 3 stars and 2 and a half stars potential :D. This must be a bug, surely? In previous versions, you just wouldn't get ratings on players out on loan which I thought was quite realistic.

I think they rate them on the current quality of the team they are in, what division they are in and what rep that team has. I dunno if that could be anything? Although I assume they are loaned to a worse team that you.

I'm Newcastle and I sent one of the players to Gateshead, one to Rangers, and one to Coventry. The player that has just come back from a one month loan to Gateshead suddenly has 4 and a half PA again. When he was out on loan I even went into the reports and my ass man rated him with 3 PA then.

I'm Newcastle and I sent one of the players to Gateshead, one to Rangers, and one to Coventry. The player that has just come back from a one month loan to Gateshead suddenly has 4 and a half PA again. When he was out on loan I even went into the reports and my ass man rated him with 3 PA then.

Could it maybe be that with their training facilities not being very good his potential of improving whilst at that club is lower?

Also, when out on loan is it the same person doing the scout report on him? It is possible that your ass man is rating him when at your club, but whilst on loan your scout is actually sending back the report and they have differing judging PA skills.

Could it maybe be that with their training facilities not being very good his potential of improving whilst at that club is lower?

Also, when out on loan is it the same person doing the scout report on him? It is possible that your ass man is rating him when at your club, but whilst on loan your scout is actually sending back the report and they have differing judging PA skills.

It is the same person rating his potential, there is no plausible reason for his PA to drop 2 stars from being sent on a month long loan. This is confirmed by the fact that it returned to normal when he got back.

It is the same person rating his potential, there is no plausible reason for his PA to drop 2 stars from being sent on a month long loan. This is confirmed by the fact that it returned to normal when he got back.

Must be a bug then, stick it in the bugs forum and see what they say. Only thing I can think of it being is club or league rep having a part to play which it really shouldn't.

As players are re-assed their PA can reduce. This is normal evident by players playing and not improving or when you use a talented scout.

As a side note, I always scout my potential signings 3-6 times now, rather than just once. More often than not, they will drop a star or so when my quality scout takes over the review.

Their PA doesn't change, there ability to hit their PA changes.

Also.... if this version is like the others, then the stars reflect how players compare to your team. Thus, if during the time the player has been on loan, you have brought in some A1 players then your loan player, and others in your squad, star rating may have dropped.

As players are re-assed their PA can reduce. This is normal evident by players playing and not improving or when you use a talented scout.

As a side note, I always scout my potential signings 3-6 times now, rather than just once. More often than not, they will drop a star or so when my quality scout takes over the review.

Their PA doesn't change, there ability to hit their PA changes.

Also.... if this version is like the others, then the stars reflect how players compare to your team. Thus, if during the time the player has been on loan, you have brought in some A1 players then your loan player, and others in your squad, star rating may have dropped.

But he is saying that after the loan their PA goes back up to what it was before they went on loan, so that theory doesn't really work or his PA would still be down compared to when he left.

But he is saying that after the loan their PA goes back up to what it was before they went on loan, so that theory doesn't really work or his PA would still be down compared to when he left.

Thats why I ignored it. I don't think he'd read the whole thread.

Here's my reading of the star system, I hope it helps.

The star rating is better read not as their PA, but as how good they could become. It sounds a bit like just a semantic difference, but it is important.

PA is simply the number that represents their possible maximum ability if their career goes perfectly. The star rating is the ability they are predicted to reach, given the situation they find their career in.

For example, if you have a player who is already 28 years old, currently has a 2 star current rating, he's unlikely to have a high potential star rating, no matter what his numeric PA value is.

So, in your case, the ability they could reach while at your club is 4.5 stars, but if they were to continue their careers at the loan clubs, it's more likely they'd only ever become 3 star players (when judged against the current players in you first team). Is the assistant a bit dim to be judging them as if they'll spend their careers at the loan clubs? Yes, but sadly that's just the way the game seems to evaluate players at the moment.

I hope that makes sense, I think it can be a bit confusing and misleading with the CA/PA system and star ratings, but stars are changeable based on a player's circumstances, the numeric PA value is not.

I had the same confusion with loaned players temporarily dropping PA stars. I think it has to do with the fact that the PA star rating is based on the training quality at the club they're at. So if a player moves on loan to a small club, they would theoretically not be able to develop as far if they stayed there.

So yea, pretty much what Bracken said.

It's a good theory, but then how do you account for regular scouting finding "5-star" players at clubs with terrible facilities?

It would have to be that it works one way for assessing players not in your ownership and another way with players belonging to your club, which brings it back to "bug".

I think you should log this. I've not noticed it myself or I certainly would.

I can only assume that scouts don't take into account the other factors that a coach would, and simply rate them based on the numeric value. This is only guess work, but in previous versions my scout would give a player a 2.5 star rating, I'd sign them on a hunch, and coaches would rate them much more highly once they'd signed. It seems they may have fixed the problem of scouts rating players based on the training facilities, but not the issue of coaches doing so when they're at other clubs.

One way perhaps of testing this, would be to get scout reports of your players who's star ratings have dropped. If your scouts rate them a lot higher, it'll be because coaches take into account the situation of the player at the time, whereas scouts only rate the numeric values. Take a look if you can and let me know, would be interested to find out

It drops when people go on loan, and goes back up when they come back.

There's no "yeah but but but", this IS a bug this NEVER happened in any other previous iterations and it only happens to YOUR players that YOU loaned out.

Post it in the bug forum and hopefully SI can have a look at this. It definitely is happening when it shouldn't.

It drops when people go on loan, and goes back up when they come back.

There's no "yeah but but but", this IS a bug this NEVER happened in any other previous iterations and it only happens to YOUR players that YOU loaned out.

Post it in the bug forum and hopefully SI can have a look at this. It definitely is happening when it shouldn't.

Oh I'm not disagreeing that it's a bug, I'm just trying to guess at the mechanics of why it's happening. No idea if it'd be an easy fix, but hope it is.

Star ratings were club-dependent in FM12 too. You just didn't see it with loaned-out players because the game didn't show you star ratings for your loaned-out players.

In FM12 I'd find a 16-18 year old with incredible attributes for his age at some small unknown club. I'd scout him and the scout would say something like 1.5 star CA, 2 star potential. Doesn't make sense for a 16 year old kid to be that close to his full potential. So I'd sign him anyway and sure enough when he got to my club he'd be 3.5 or 4 star PA. And it'd be the opposite with huge clubs, Real Madrid prospects who didn't look that good would be rated 4 star PA.

Oh I'm not disagreeing that it's a bug, I'm just trying to guess at the mechanics of why it's happening. No idea if it'd be an easy fix, but hope it is.

Yeah, hopefully it is. I mean it's not really that bad of a bug honestly, it's just a mild annoyance at best.

Archived