very much like the above tactic same type of players etc

well here is the tactic

tat.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?8i4qwgd6a3qaas8

still alittle raw feel free to test

i'm not getting alot of playing time ATM

tried to make the D tighter

made both MC more defensive

the back five few little tweaks to the way the play to makes them work better as a unit i think

still not sure which tweak is better my first or this latest one

it is still very much a work in progess

Is this your lower league team tweak that you have posted?

I'll try it, your original one started working well for me as Cambridge but it's gotten really inconsistent about 8 games in (In fairness it's hard to get players with the correct attributes with no moiney to spend at that level).

I'll see if this new one helps.

Could someone please post a screenshot of team instructions please, by the way tactic working well so far for me:)

Summary:

This tactic is the best I've tried in 13.1.3. Its really strong at the back and generates plenty of CCCs. It's not as effective away from home, but that's not surprising and I've created an away version and made the Left-sided MC as defensively minded as the MCR, plus bringing the d-line down a bit (in a very similar vein to Jeff99's new tweaks).

Results:

Playing with Spurs by Jan 2013 I'm in second place in the EPL and won 15, drawn 3 and lost 3 (Man Utd, Man City and Newcastle all away) scoring 48 and conceding 17. I won all other games in the Euro qualifiers and the Worthless Cup. Notable victories include two away wins against Arsenal (EPL and FA Cup) which enhanced by rep to the fans!

Team talks:

Although not as important as in FM12 team talks are still important and it might be this aspect (along with not having the right players with the right attribs in the right positions) that is causing some managers poor results with this tactic. I would always recommend taking team talks yourself with the aim of giving players both confidence and avoid nervousness (which seems a bit more commonplace than I'd expect, e.g. Bale being very nervous against Ipswich). My team talks are based on keeping an eye on the players morale and if it's nervous then I give gentle support and generally give them lots of morale booster (unless they're playing pants against weaker teams in which case it's hairdryer time). This is especially important with strikers and if they are nervous it really impacts their finishing. The starting team talks are nowhere near as important as the half-time ones imo.

Tweaks:

I noticed that my two strikers when breaking would be pushed to the sides of the penalty area by the opp defenders and when getting to the byline rather than pulling it back for the oncoming support they would try to dribble and score from a very tight angle and nearly always failing. I put both strikers on "cross often" and that helped to generate quite a few goals. Other than that I've made no changes to Jeff99's original tactic.

Players:

In terms of players Defoe is banging them in with 21 goals in 28 games and after a slow start Adebayor has done so as well. I bought in Zaha based on Jeff99's original post and although his attributes are (apart from some key attributes) are pretty sketchy he's going to turn out very well. Dempsey has worked well as the AMC but can't get a place after I bought Belhanda who's achieved 7.78 avg rating in the last five games.

Sandro is fantastic in the MCR position but haven't found the perfect MCL yet although Parker's doing a good job there, but at 32 he's not going to last long. Not needing wingers I sold Lennon but Bale has been great as a WBL with 18 EPL appearances and 7 assists with an avg rating of 7.4

Conculsion:

From really struggling with this latest patch I'm really enjoying so many thanks to Jeff and Dave Hough.

I'm kind of getting decimated by crosses here :x

This is only a problem against big teams though.

Summary:

This tactic is the best I've tried in 13.1.3. Its really strong at the back and generates plenty of CCCs. It's not as effective away from home, but that's not surprising and I've created an away version and made the Left-sided MC as defensively minded as the MCR, plus bringing the d-line down a bit (in a very similar vein to Jeff99's new tweaks).

Results:

Playing with Spurs by Jan 2013 I'm in second place in the EPL and won 15, drawn 3 and lost 3 (Man Utd, Man City and Newcastle all away) scoring 48 and conceding 17. I won all other games in the Euro qualifiers and the Worthless Cup. Notable victories include two away wins against Arsenal (EPL and FA Cup) which enhanced by rep to the fans!

Team talks:

Although not as important as in FM12 team talks are still important and it might be this aspect (along with not having the right players with the right attribs in the right positions) that is causing some managers poor results with this tactic. I would always recommend taking team talks yourself with the aim of giving players both confidence and avoid nervousness (which seems a bit more commonplace than I'd expect, e.g. Bale being very nervous against Ipswich). My team talks are based on keeping an eye on the players morale and if it's nervous then I give gentle support and generally give them lots of morale booster (unless they're playing pants against weaker teams in which case it's hairdryer time). This is especially important with strikers and if they are nervous it really impacts their finishing. The starting team talks are nowhere near as important as the half-time ones imo.

Tweaks:

I noticed that my two strikers when breaking would be pushed to the sides of the penalty area by the opp defenders and when getting to the byline rather than pulling it back for the oncoming support they would try to dribble and score from a very tight angle and nearly always failing. I put both strikers on "cross often" and that helped to generate quite a few goals. Other than that I've made no changes to Jeff99's original tactic.

Players:

In terms of players Defoe is banging them in with 21 goals in 28 games and after a slow start Adebayor has done so as well. I bought in Zaha based on Jeff99's original post and although his attributes are (apart from some key attributes) are pretty sketchy he's going to turn out very well. Dempsey has worked well as the AMC but can't get a place after I bought Belhanda who's achieved 7.78 avg rating in the last five games.

Sandro is fantastic in the MCR position but haven't found the perfect MCL yet although Parker's doing a good job there, but at 32 he's not going to last long. Not needing wingers I sold Lennon but Bale has been great as a WBL with 18 EPL appearances and 7 assists with an avg rating of 7.4

Conculsion:

From really struggling with this latest patch I'm really enjoying so many thanks to Jeff and Dave Hough.

Is it possible you could upload your tweaked version of this tactic?

Jeff, do you the new tweak for all matches or just against tougher teams, while using the original against smaller teams?

Jeff, do you the new tweak for all matches or just against tougher teams, while using the original against smaller teams?

with all teams but im still testing the tactic the idea is to make it a lower league tactic or & away tactic & against bigger teams

still trying to work out how to stop some teams crossing the crap out me lol

like i said when i posted it testing stage ATM which will take me a while. only get a game or two in a night atm lol

Summary:

Results:

Team talks:

Tweaks:

Players:

Conculsion:

glad you enjoy it

can you post your away tactic i'm having alittle trouble getting mine to stick.

with all teams but im still testing the tactic the idea is to make it a lower league tactic or & away tactic & against bigger teams

still trying to work out how to stop some teams crossing the crap out me lol

like i said when i posted it testing stage ATM which will take me a while. only get a game or two in a night atm lol

So your new tactic is ment to be an away tactic? Love your tactic in your first post but would like a away version too :) will try the new one out!

Working great for me, started a Tottenham game and bought Llorente for £30m. Played 6 won 6 including an 8-1 win away at Fulham, also won all my Europa games so far. Very impressed.

Working great for me, started a Tottenham game and bought Llorente for £30m. Played 6 won 6 including an 8-1 win away at Fulham, also won all my Europa games so far. Very impressed.

Using which version of tactic? The original from opening post or a tweaked version?

Currently on a journeyman savegame. I used the tactic on Sparta Rotterdam which is basically not the strongest club in Holland. Got them promoted, then in the eredivisie finished 8 place, semi-final of the Dutch cup. From there I went to Newcastle they were relegated I got promoted with 118 Points, 37 wins 7 Draws and 2 losses. Won the FA cup with Newcastle by beating Tottenham 4-3. While beating Manchester United 2-0 in the semi-final.

Absolutely love the original tactic. Hopefully I get champions league football club soon.

Thanks a lot :D

Trying the latest tweaked version and am struggling to get any kid of result away from home. Anyone tried anything to combat that?

i'm not happy with the lastest tactic my first tweak works alot better i'm going back to the drawing board to create an away tactic sorry guys

enjoy the my first tweak while i try again

Using which version of tactic? The original from opening post or a tweaked version?

The original im using, few dodgy results but I put it down to team selection etc. but beat Chelsea and Scum (Man Utd) very easily in the process.

Was using Mr Houghs original tactic but was not doing great, went to your original tweaked version and that helped, but then I saw this... it has helped immensely. My York team has gone from struggling in lower table to the edge of the playoffs. Nice one!

using this tactic to great effect with my young Aberdeen side. The only problem is every goal we let in is from a driven cross to the back post, love the ammount of CCC's it creates!

I got sacked at Leeds which I thought was a bit harsh. I was 10th after 22 games.

Not a fair test, but it does ship a lot of goals. I'll give it a test with someone else and let you know how I get on.

I am having good results with this tactic as well, conceding some goals from driven crosses too. Funnily enough, I both score and concede a lot from defenders tackling the ball into their own net. Anybody else experiencing this?

I am having good results with this tactic as well, conceding some goals from driven crosses too. Funnily enough, I both score and concede a lot from defenders tackling the ball into their own net. Anybody else experiencing this?

Yep, I've noticed that quite a bit as well.

Switched back to the original tactic and my side have only lost once in 12 games. Media prediction 20th, after 22 games we are 6th with a game in hand.

using this tactic to great effect with my young Aberdeen side. The only problem is every goal we let in is from a driven cross to the back post, love the ammount of CCC's it creates!

i working on stopping the crossing very hard task at the moment

got a tactic i'm working on so so atm

tot.jpg

the completed crosses is the stat i'm working on ATM

until i figure it out just try closing them down in the op before the game

6 players in defensive positions....that's just ridiculous now. Surely the next patch should fix this issue of players just dribbling through some of the best defenders on the game and wingers easily slipping past full backs who don't seem to even notice.

OK, first game trying the very latest uploaded version was an away match, won 4-3. Not delighted that my side conceded three but hey, a win is a win.

This Match Engine is horrific. I just can't seem to get any kind of consistency going. And quite frequently I'm finding my side having 22 chances to the oppositions 3 and still losing the match.

Ridiculous.

6 players in defensive positions....that's just ridiculous now. Surely the next patch should fix this issue of players just dribbling through some of the best defenders on the game and wingers easily slipping past full backs who don't seem to even notice.

you might be able to push the WB's up to the midfield but will need to make em defensive minded i reckon

I added OI for 'Show onto weaker foot' and Closing Down to 'Always' on ALL midfielders and attackers for both away and home games for my last 4 games of the season using jeff99's Original 2 striker tweak as my Home Tactic and the latest one with the flat-back 4 and the 2 WB's as my away tactic. Won all 4 games (2 away and 2 home).

Might be worth a try for anyone else who is struggling?

Currently on a journeyman savegame. I used the tactic on Sparta Rotterdam which is basically not the strongest club in Holland. Got them promoted, then in the eredivisie finished 8 place, semi-final of the Dutch cup. From there I went to Newcastle they were relegated I got promoted with 118 Points, 37 wins 7 Draws and 2 losses. Won the FA cup with Newcastle by beating Tottenham 4-3. While beating Manchester United 2-0 in the semi-final.

Absolutely love the original tactic. Hopefully I get champions league football club soon.

Thanks a lot :D

Hey!

Are you using the mr hough mutto tweak latst up 3-2-2-1-2? Is this what the "original" tactic means..?

Also, how do you work the sliders and set up training and match prep? Im having mixed results in the premiership with my Shrewsbury side, but even though im the supreme underdog in this league, i still see the prep and training focus affects my "belief", i.e the players will to win certain matches. I find myself losing 3-1 to Hull and then beating Everton 8-0.... Just cant find the joy in playing with these crazy results. Need some guidelines on how you use the sliders and match prep..

I use def pos asa base, with team cohsion average - change it to high in periods i face weaker teams is something ive begun to investigate..but still early days

This tactic seems to have got my game back on track , end of January and i'm second in the Prem with Derby County , one point behind with game in hand . Having the occasional freak result and defenders going awol but thats the game not the tactic as im out scoring the errors the game throws in

jeff99 - Have you tried putting one of the strikers in a AMC or DMC role instead? Rumors has it that patch 13.1.3 favors a single striker

What of those two tactics do you have the better experince with? the two striker one? Either way i'm gonna try both out

i enjoy the 2 striker tactic because i like the having strikers on

the striker tactic won me my first league title so both work with the right players

you need a fast striker & a good passsing Am

i enjoy the 2 striker tactic because i like the having strikers on

the striker tactic won me my first league title so both work with the right players

you need a fast striker & a good passsing Am

Superb i'll give them a go :)

I would like to hear the consensus on the following tweaks:

- Selecting target man (Striker) and supply set to feet

- Moving CM centre to DM

- Moving CB centre to sweeper

feel free to test tweak play around with the tactic

i'm currently not really tweaking anything ATM

playing a wolves game only lost 1 game in 28 games

also incharge of wales doing really well looks like wales could be going to the world cup :)

using just the 2 striker tweak

kevin doyle seems great for the left striker postion

Just won the prem with Derby county using this , start of following season p6 w 6 including charity shield , im too paranoid to mess with tweaks as i just always second guess whether they are better or worse . Im still not fully into FM13 as enjoying 12 still but this is definitely the best tactic for long term results

Just won the prem with Derby county using this , start of following season p6 w 6 including charity shield , im too paranoid to mess with tweaks as i just always second guess whether they are better or worse . Im still not fully into FM13 as enjoying 12 still but this is definitely the best tactic for long term results

Which version/tweak?

the one in post#1 , although im now 3rd with a game in hand i still think this is the best version over all . My only problem is now after winning the league im getting players complacent and moaning , constantly having to rotate squad to ensure players with best moral in first team