Using a touch screen PC/laptop monitor for FM?

Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone has tried using the touch screen on their PC or laptop monitor for FM? Or if you have one but haven't tried it yet, whether you could and provide some feedback?

I was very interested to know how well and smoothly this works, and whether it is possible to do everything you would want to with a keyboard and mouse using just the screen?

Main reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking about getting the Lenovo Yoga ultrabook/tablet when it comes out and wonder how well FM would work on it when flipped over.

Thanks a lot.

H

haunted, yeah that's what I thought; especially as you can also get digital pens with buttons for right as well as left-clicking.

If this guy can play a non-touch-optimised Starcraft using a Lenovo touch-screen monitor then I'm sure it should at least work to a degree in Desktop mode with a touch-screen on FM:

It is only the protestations from SI and lack of any other anecdotes making me a bit reserved, though perhaps SI are just urging caution as they might be worried that powerful touchscreen Windows notebooks/tablets might already start taking people away from FM Handheld. Although considering that pretty much every big computer manufacturer will be launching a full Windows tablet/notebook over the next few months I don't see why it's not so difficult for SI to further clarify the issue for these particular machines, or even optimise FM controls for touch-screen (it's not as if there are many commands that would need to be mapped across - if Civilisation V can already do it with no problems, then FM should be easy to do).

Archived