Sports Interactive Community
deltoro

Too many own goals

hello all

i finished 10th week with Napoli and 8 goals of my 14 conceeded came from own goals.

all my defence and gk seems to break records for scoring to their own net :)

Are there anyone out there experiencing the same problem ?

Regards.

How do you guys watch the games? 2D? 3D? or text? Im watching them in 2d and I've seen no own goals.

I watch my games in 3D, but I don't think there's any difference between the two as they are driven by the same engine and the results should be the same. Merely a different way of seeing the plethora of own goals go in. :brock:

The amount of own goals looks about right, but the amount of goalkeeper own goals is excessive, I've had a game where Scezcny scored a brace!

I've had a game where my DC did a header towards goal and my keeper managed to catch it, then right after that he shot it with all the force he could find on the other DC, which resulted in an own goal.

-20 determination right there. Determined to cause havoc.

There are way too many own goals, because defenders stupidly tackle strikers in the box and end up putting it past their keepers, who rush out.

There are way too many own goals, because defenders stupidly tackle strikers in the box and end up putting it past their keepers, who rush out.

Ive seen this happen a couple of times, but no more than FM12

Thinking about it with some of my strikers waiting for the defender to catch up when clean through might be their best chance of scoring

I know that 2D doesn't give you the best idea of how it really looked on the pitch but I have seen a lot of own goals that were probably supposed to bounce off a defender, but it looks more like the defender banging them in with full power. In my opinion there are too many goals accounted as own goals.

So, as with injuries and everything else, some get it, some don't, there's a rather obvious conclusion to be drawn methinks :)

So, as with injuries and everything else, some get it, some don't, there's a rather obvious conclusion to be drawn methinks :)
It's their tactics?

@Kriss - if you even dare to say its my tactics or training I will go absolutely nuts.

I pick up at least one severe injury every game, and besides that I have to sub at least two players every game because they pick up a knock and their condition drops to 40 - 50%. I've tried various tactics, from extremely defensive to all out attack, and it doesn't change a thing. I've also tried changing my training regime to very light or very hard, no change either.

Same goes for own goals. I get an extremely high rate of own goals, both from my GK as my defenders, no matter what tactic I am using.

There's the people that get it and the people that don't know they have it or don't talk about it.

@Kriss - if you even dare to say its my tactics or training I will go absolutely nuts.

I pick up at least one severe injury every game, and besides that I have to sub at least two players every game because they pick up a knock and their condition drops to 40 - 50%. I've tried various tactics, from extremely defensive to all out attack, and it doesn't change a thing. I've also tried changing my training regime to very light or very hard, no change either.

Same goes for own goals. I get an extremely high rate of own goals, both from my GK as my defenders, no matter what tactic I am using.

Wasn't me who said that, even if you do all the things people say you should to avoid injuries you can still get an injury crisis.

The game doesn't allocate X injuries per team, it doles them out based on an average so luck plays as big a part as anything in determining if you are one of those to suffer.