Since 13.1.3 - How's your enjoyment/team performance been?

Please rate your team performances/enjoyment!  

632 members have voted

1. 1. Please rate your team performances/enjoyment!

• I'm winning all the time and enjoying it
    • I'm winning all the time and it's okay
    • I'm winning all the time and I'm not enjoying it
    • I win some, I lose some and I enjoy it
    • I win some, I lose some and it's okay
    • I win some, I lose some and I'm not enjoying it
    • I'm losing a bit too often for my liking but I'm enjoying it
    • I'm losing a bit too often for my liking but it's okay
    • I'm losing a bit too often for my liking and I'm not enjoying it
    • I'm not even playing Football Manager 2013!

If shot numbers were slightly higher and keepers more effective it would be much more enjoyable to watch. As it stands shots are reasonably rare and they usually go in. I would love to watch more chances in a game even if long shots but with a lower scoring percentage. Below average players seem to be able to hit screamers at will and a finger tip save is all too rare.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really struggled to get into the game until the latest patch. The players just wouldnt play in the way I like a team to play (passing football, in a 4-4-2 who press all over the pitch ala Harry Redknapps Tottenham). I tried with Ajax and Real Madrid. Big clubs that have relativley easy leagues, as a way to ease my way into the game. I couldnt win a game for Real, and whilst with Ajax I won the league, it just didn't feel like "my" team and the players weren't playing how I wanted them to play.

I thought id give it one last go on the new patch and took over QPR. Obviously expecting to finish near the bottom. I only managed to sign one player, Wilfired Zaha, who only started 3 games, mainly due to the form of Zamora and Cisse. (Cisse 33 goals in 35 games)

I finished 4th and only missed out on the Champions League because City won it and finished 5th.

So in the alst patch, I would hav ebeen in the not enjoying camp but now ill be in the "Enjoying it but too easy" camp.

Its a fine line!

All in all I feel that things are too random.

It is of course true that chance has a huge impact on football, but this is a computer game where input should have a close relationship to the output. I'd say closer than real life. It is not only the goals that are random; all the actions you can do in this game have a sort of randomizer applied to them. The team talks have random outcomes, for instance. Just look at the fluctuations of body language throughout a match! You can be trashed 4-0 at home vs a relegation candidate (playing as a title challenger) which has not won for five games and deservedly so, reload to the match squad screen and do the exact same things as before, and then you thrash them 4-0 instead. Now, I am all for randomization in a football management sim, but surely this is too much? I think this is evidence of a slightly unbalanced ME, where a combination of hyper-efficiency, slightly too shcizoid players and lack of intelligent adaptation to the circumstances so that "slightly wrong" team and player instructions have extreme consequences. What is Creative Freedom for if it isn't to let the players deal with problems the way they do in real life?

I'm playing my first season as Genk in the Belgian pro league. 3 games before the end of the season; i'm leading and there are 3 clubs all within 1 point of eachother.. absolutely nailbiting and enjoyable for me. Can't wait to get home from work, put my kids to bed and continue the game :)

Win some, lose more - not especially enjoying if honest. Loved and been hooked by every other iteration I've bought whether succesful or not. This one seems far more difficult and given the time it takes to play the game may have to shelve FM for good. The wife will be happy.

challenging me in a good way, and the ME issues that created the unrealistic moments are gone. Vast improvement. Winning majority, but losing and drawing often enough to challenge me. Defensively we are suspect, but thats the way I play.

I have been getting good results with the odd draw and loss but since the update i find myself getting frustrated at the way the matches are played.

Constantly getting annoyed with :-

-stupidly kicking the ball long,

-trying through balls which are never on,

-Defenders kicking the ball out after holding onto it when there was an easy pass on and then panicking,

-Often concede minutes after scoring first goal,

-Injuries ( i have had some saves where i don't get injuries and then others where i am picking up 3 or 4 a match with the same tactic)

-I get bored watching the match as there are so little shots which means less key highlights

To sumarise the new update has made me get bored much easier playing the game. I have had one main save during the Beta, and the first updates but since this one which has drastically changed the match engine i just haven't been able to play it. I find myself starting a save playing 2 hours and then getting bored and not playing and this is simply because the match engine. I tried FMC but its just not the same. I love the game, it's amazing but as soon as i get to watching the matches i become bored, frustrated and un-interested. I have even gone back to FM12 but again, it's not the same as FM13.

I really just wanna play the previous update. It was the best FM i had ever played and had never enjoyed so much as i did then

Win some, lose more - not especially enjoying if honest. Loved and been hooked by every other iteration I've bought whether succesful or not. This one seems far more difficult and given the time it takes to play the game may have to shelve FM for good. The wife will be happy.

This.

Except I lose far more than I win so just end up getting sacked. I would go back to FM12 in an instant, if it had classic mode.

I'm a newbie on here that has a question. I bought it on Saturday and have loaded it up therough Steam etc. Should the new patch automatically be loaded? I have switched to offline when I play due to not always have internet connection and I'm concerened I have the old ME....

Once installed on steam it will automatically have the recent patch. The match engine really is that bad

I would like to change my opinion from my previous post in this thread i am now really enjoying the game, i am beginning to see the immense potential this game has with this new ME. you just have to adapt and be prepared to learn.

Despite being top of the league and unbeaten, I'm not enjoying it. The shot issue just doesn't sit well with me, the lack of shots mean that teams score goals out of nothing more often. In the last few games theres been a total (opposition and myself) 20 shots on target, 14 of them have been goals.. do goalkeepers do anything? I just had 3 shots on target against Genoa and scored 2.. Genoa had 2 shots on target and scored 1. So there was one save in the whole game :lol: and this isn't an isolated case!

I don't care that I'm winning, I win the majority of my games but there's not enough chances created, not enough saves by the goalkeepers. Outside of actually playing the games, the game is fine. I'm starting to get used to the UI though I feel its still poorly desgiend in someways, there's two 'overview' options when playing a game and I always manage to click the one I don't want, then I keep clicking the wrong tab as hovering over them isn't something I'm used to. But I can learn that I guess.

But I've given up with the game until the next patch until then FM12 with an updated database here I come :thup:

Worst match engine of the year award.

Not enjoying it at all. You guys should be embarrassed for releasing this.

It almost looks as if the people who made it had never watched a football match in their lives.

And used children to code it.

It's that sloppy.

Worst match engine of the year award.

Not enjoying it at all. You guys should be embarrassed for releasing this.

It almost looks as if the people who made it had never watched a football match in their lives.

And used children to code it.

It's that sloppy.

That is really harsh, you should have a read of wwfan's thread, http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/332584-A-Twelve-Step-Guide-towards-Playing-FM13-amp-Understanding-the-ME

I'm a newbie on here that has a question. I bought it on Saturday and have loaded it up therough Steam etc. Should the new patch automatically be loaded? I have switched to offline when I play due to not always have internet connection and I'm concerened I have the old ME....

You will have whichever patch was out when you installed . If you play offline Steam is unable to patch it to any newer versions . maybe just go online with it now and again to check to see if it updates .

I posted in the ME feedback thread earlier on the improvements in the ME and the flaws which are still in place. the more i play this game the worse i find it. Not just from losing but the shear lack of consistency in play.

I simply now put FM players into 2 categories. Those that can read the ME, formulate tactics and think FM is ok and those that can read the ME and cant formulate tactics. I fall into the 2nd category.

Now you read in here those that can play the ME successfully and enjoy FM13 have a go at the ones that cant. And the ones who can't play get more frustrated and blame SI for releasing a substandard product.

I have played every version of CM/FM since the Amiga days and have enjoyed every one. This version though I have no desire to play it in its current form. I'd say everyone here plays these games for enjoyment and SI builds them for profit. For SI if people are not enjoying these anymore then the market is going to disappear. I appreciate every game has bugs and flaws in it and SI have done a wonderful job in the past and so far to improve them. So while the game will improve lets give SI a chance.

In the meantime what would be more constructive is for those who can figure out the ME if they have the time and genuinely want to help others head over to the Tactics Forum and post your tactic how you set it up and how you play the game. Surely that is better than posting ion the forums that you see no problem with the game and post a few screenshots of results. That doesn't help anyone other than driving up frustrations higher.

To SI I applaud them for wanting to make the game more realistic and harder to win. But there has to be a balance to keep your target market coming back year after year. We don't play just to build squads and skip the games we want to play the matches and influence results. This ME it is clear so far there are more people who cant than can.

For the future we may now be coming to a cross roads where the game is to in depth for the casual player and FMC has been brought out for the reason. However IMO pay full price for to play a dumb down version of FM is not something i will ever do. So its simple create and enjoyable game or separate FM and FMC into 2 different versions with different pricing structures. Then you have 2 products one for the casual gamer and one for the micro manager in us.

I work 12 hours a day and don't want to come home to game and be more frustrated than i am with work.

hey newbie here.. i played fm12 and loved it, Pre-orderd 13 and b4 the latest patch i was finding it not enjoyable, tho since last patch my faith is restored :) in my 1st save b4 the patch i started with Notts county and just couldnt get the magic rolling :(, tried with Partick thistle and Ross Forbes had 16 long shots b4 half time, zero scored :eek: half blocked straight off the boot, thats with tendecy rare and work into box

Since the new patch i tried Notts County again, still couldnt get the magic rolling but a much improved experience, they destroyed my team i couldnt get a squad i liked :(, maybe ill try again sometime or maybe ill manage them a few years into the save... Anyway started again as Partick Thistle and the Magic is officially rolling :), Playing with 5-3-2 with wing backs, sitting top at 15-2-2 but more importantly playing good football. One thin ive really noticed is that you can change the outcome of the matches much more easily than i found in FM12, my in match time has got a whole lot more involved trying to adjust my play through shouts. I mean you could do this in FM12 but it didnt seem like it had they same effect on the end result, idk but there has been quite a few matches where i was gone for all money and by adjusting my play through shouts and, in extreme case through positional change that i managed to change the whole momentum of the game and snatch a draw or a win :)

The new M.E is light years better and i appc the differences between Fm12 and 13, just the fact that everything doesnt feel so perfect anymore, its quite easy to see when ur defenders get caught ball watching or your playmakers fluff that critical pass

i think long balls are still a bit accurate and short passes not enough and it seems like your strikers screw the easy shots but hit the hard ones... idk maybe its a bit objective bias

BTW in my save injuries are no more than what happened it FM12 and i do use the get stuck in and hassling shouts a bit, as well liberl use of hard tackling priority targets :)

Anyways mainly just saying you doing a real good job and i love it, im sure the ME will be AMAZING in the long run

Archived