Since 13.1.3 - How's your enjoyment/team performance been?

Please rate your team performances/enjoyment!  

632 members have voted

1. 1. Please rate your team performances/enjoyment!

• I'm winning all the time and enjoying it
    • I'm winning all the time and it's okay
    • I'm winning all the time and I'm not enjoying it
    • I win some, I lose some and I enjoy it
    • I win some, I lose some and it's okay
    • I win some, I lose some and I'm not enjoying it
    • I'm losing a bit too often for my liking but I'm enjoying it
    • I'm losing a bit too often for my liking but it's okay
    • I'm losing a bit too often for my liking and I'm not enjoying it
    • I'm not even playing Football Manager 2013!

im still struggling to get any enjoyment, the game has really changed big time since fm12, i think all the people who were calling for difficulty levels and the game to be harder have got there way, and i am not happy the game was fine before but now it just seems to hard. i kind of wish SI you could give me a update for FM12 to have all the dates right in the game.

Also the money i have spent this year to get the game playing right has been a big problem 495 pounds :(

That´s exactly my feeling towards FM13.Thinking going to back to FM12

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the recent update it's fair to say i've struggled somewhat compared to previously but i'm still enjoying it, pre latest update I had played 6 seasons with Bristol City and felt I had been cracked it after a slow start. It took 3 seasons to climb out of the Championship but since then i've won the League Cup, reached an FA Cup final and most recently finished 4th in my 6th season.

I started the next season well, winning my first three games to top the table and then I updated to 13.1.3. Since then i've really struggled, mainly in the league winning just 2 out of our next 23 games to slip into the relegation zone. We did turn it around at the end of the season though winning 6 of our last 12 games to stay up. Now, i'm not solely blaming the update for my struggles here and it was actually somewhat refreshing not to have an easy season again. We did suffer a lot of injuries for the first time including having my three first choice strikers all out at the same time, two for 3 months and morale went right down so results were understandable. I just couldn't halt the slide as we hit the bottom 3 and really thought we were going down but once I got my first choice players back fit results started to turn in our favour again and we finished 14th.

I'm not going to lie, I did get frustrated at the time but I would say my thoughts right now are that FM13 is an excellent game, the best yet and the match engine feels much better now compared to before the latest update. To be honest i've always felt this game is too easy and I for one don't want to win all the time, I want to struggle along the way so right now i'm enjoying FM13.

Well I am finding this iteration harder than previous but I will hopefully rise to the challenge. I always play as NUFC and to be fair we are above expectations in the PL. However, the tactics I use, mainly 442, rarely 433 are not consistent. I have been reading the feedback here and looking in the tactics forum but still uncertain as how best to tweak my team and player instructions to get the best out of them. I am using the same NUFC team that play in the real PL, not changed any as yet.

I am also finding that a lot of little niggling injuries have crept into the game since the last patch. Nothing game stopping but certainly a rise in minor injuries.

Other than that, the 3d looks a lot smoother and seems to play a lot better. Again my expertise in this field is limited and I have noted others voice concerns on certain aspects of the ME. I do not think I am as observant as some of the more diehard critics/fans of the game.

This is the first year since I can remember that I am not enjoying FM at all! I usually pick a random top level team in a league that I have never played before and play with them just to get to grips with all the new features until the final patch is out. Then I start a long term save witha more challenging team. This year I took benfica, lost every single pre-season match due to through balls and defenders not moving for anything. Was 4v0 down to porto inside 20 mins in my opening game of the season, I beat everyone else in the league up until my first champions league match against the team seeded 4th in my group. I was 1-6 to win and low and behold 5v0 down inside 30mins all through balls, one which was a defenders header from his own half past all my players.......... The final straw was playing braga in the next match and being 3v0 down inside 5 minutes. The defenders and the keeper seem to be on a different planet in the ME this year and the opposition seem to score every shot they take.

So I'm not even going to look at the game again until the final patch is out and I hope that the ME is fixed in it. I don't know what has gone wrong this year :(

I won the title in the first season... and i am getting bored of seeing the opposition having only 1 shot all game against me.

This worries me, and i think because of this we see so many cases of teams scoring goals from their only shots on goal.

I will wait for the next update since i can't enjoy the game like this, i am sorry.

FM12 seemed much easier. Could win everything with a standard 4-2-3-1 (CMs and wide wingers).

FM13, however, I struggle with. I've played with Real Madrid (4-1-2-2-1), Juventus (4-1-2-1-2) And Rangers (2-3-2-1-2).

In all saves (especially Juventus and Rangers) I struggle to score (as opposed to my opponents) and I'm having loads of long shots. And to top it after the 13.1.3 patch I'm also now experiencing injury galore. 11 injuries in the last three matches.

I'm definitely enjoying it. I'm really enjoying the variety of play now: incisive through balls, cut backs, chipped balls over the top, good old-fashioned goalmouth scrambles...

Like some others above have said I can still find it hard to hold onto a lead, however I suspect this is down to me not utilizing shouts and strategies correctly (FM12 let me get a little lazy in that respect).

I won the title in the first season... and i am getting bored of seeing the opposition having only 1 shot all game against me.

This worries me, and i think because of this we see so many cases of teams scoring goals from their only shots on goal.

I will wait for the next update since i can't enjoy the game like this, i am sorry.

I've had a game where the opposition had zero shots on goal and I had 4. :lol:

Ive been busy irl and busy playing too as the update has improved the ME ALOT!! Its actually a pleasure to play it atm - I had issues with my wingers and striker not making goals and I think it could be made a little better - I would love to see them go closer to the goal or even try round the keeper - atm the goals are pretty static, but that being said the defending, the midfield play is awesome.

My wingers and striker, which are world class had problems but when i reduced their creative freedom to little the started doing what I wanted them to do and banged in goals - the conclusion im smarter than them :)

Before the ME update I won the premier league but didnt enjoy the game at all - now I just won the Fa cup, Premier league and Champions league but with a really good team and a good tactic with good ofensive football just like I want.

Im gonna test the Me out with lower ranked teams soon as I lost quite of motivation by winning so easily :)

I am having good success,I just managed to have back to back promotions with Tonbridge,will have to sign some English lads now though so it could be a couple of seasons in Division 2.

I would say I am sort of enjoying it,I am having to work hard to enjoy it though.

There are quite a few crazy things going on,never have I seen in any edition of FM the comebacks that go on in this game,even when I am leading 4-1 I know it will be close,more often than not it is the case.

I had 2 games back to back 1 were I was leading 4-1 with not long to go and I was hanging on in the end to win 4-3,another I was behind 3 times and with I think 5 goals in the last 10 minutes,some would say it makes it exciting but it also makes it a tad unreal and also leaves you scratching your head as to what tactics you should be employing,I mean that second game after I tied it up at 4-4 I went all defensive to keep what I had,with so many goals going in who would blame me,then we won the game.

Also the injuries are a worry but hopefully that will be sorted 1 way or another.

There are way to many foolish things going on sometimes in the highlights,maybe keepers doing crazy things or players refusing to take a step to get to the ball and would rather wait until the opposing player or indeed a team mate runs 15 meters to get the ball.

Defenders are a bit useless at times,both for me and the opposing teams,I guess it evens itself out but it does make the highlights painful to watch at times.

I am sure it will be a great ME in time but it needs a lot of work still,Thankfully the game is on Steam now so we should see more patches for this edition than we have seen for earlier editions.

Given time hopefully it will turn out to be 1 of the best.

I really have tryed fm2013 ,

But it is a awfall game . maybe it should be re-named Ice-Hockey-Manager-2013

i really do feel this is the start of a big decline in football-manager . it is manily the new ME that is killing the game .

however FMC was a very welcome inprovment .

if only they just kept the fm2012 M E and gave it a touch up here and there .. FM2013 would have been a far better game ..

The new M.E was 1 year too soon

Had one of those 'FM doesn't want me to win any more results' which frustrated me, the usual defeat to the bottom of the league team, who randomly turn in an amazing performance.

Enjoying the game a lot though, ME still needs work, but it's much better now.

If I ever get the time/chance to watch a televised game, its usually that sort of game. :(

What games do you watch!? :p

I have figured out a way to have more shots though, previously I had an attacking formation and the board/fans complained about the lack of chances created - I'd average 6 per game, the opposition even less. But now I have about 12-16 the opposition around 6-12. I just mainly played about with the shouts. But there was a period of games where having over 5 shots would be a miracle.

I play as FC Nordsjælland (Danish team) and I'm in my 4. season.

I finished 3. two years in a row and last season I won the Superligaen with more than 15 points clear of number two.

I'm really getting momentum this season, but it's primarily because I have been able to snag quite a few talented teenagers from around the world for free or quite a low costs. None of my AI competitors in the league have done the same, although they do seem to be quite a lot better at buying good players, just not youngsters.

Best results is a 4-1 victory against Real Madrid on their home turf this season and quite frankly I feel my team is overpowered now. Still enjoying the game tho', especially the improved match engine in the most recent patch!

Scrapped my 13.1.2 game and restarted a 13.1.3 save as PSV Eindhoven. What a difference.

Match highlights in 13.1.2 were driving me mad - pointless passing side to side, no penetration, team constantly trying to walk the ball in regardless of what instructions they were given, no through balls, few shots, opponents would have one effort on goal and score. It was horrible.

Compared to that 13.1.3 is brilliant. Totally restored my enjoyment. The team actually feels like it is responding to your tactics and your instructions. Pre-patch, it was the worst FM match engine I can remember, and I started playing with CM97/98.

13.1.3 (so far) is excellent. Well done....please dont break it again with 13.1.4 :)

Really enjoying the game since the update as I felt it was all too predictable with regards to the ME and the ways to score with the previous.

With the update there is now that variety I was after so I have seen crosses and goals and through balls and nice build up play to score goals so it has been a great update for me. Not suffering with any injuries or anything like that.

Been a great update in my opinion. Really now getting into the new ME and if I do spot anything strange then I'll be reporting it in the bugs forum with save games etc to help them become eradicated and help make the game become better.

My only issue now is i dont think keepers are busy enough, almost everything outwith that is fine for me. There hasnt been anything really that has stopped me and although the tax thing was annoying, its actually extended the challenge of doing well with the SPL, the last two seasons have been about spending nothing and making money on transfers which has really been a challenge.

I dunno if its the best FM yet, hard to tell really, im usually happy each year.

For me its not really that enjoyable- I still find it really really difficult when playing small teams, even at home its a huge struggle which is putting me off. There's such a lack of highlights at times (I have went through a whole 45 minutes with NO CCCs or even half chances) and it just feels like if you haven't got your tactics 100% precisely right then you are sunk.

For those who like the challenge of tactics I think this game is like a dream, but for those like me who aren't particularly brilliant at this area of the game it's an absolute nightmare.

• Administrators
For me its not really that enjoyable- I still find it really really difficult when playing small teams, even at home its a huge struggle which is putting me off. There's such a lack of highlights at times (I have went through a whole 45 minutes with NO CCCs or even half chances) and it just feels like if you haven't got your tactics 100% precisely right then you are sunk.

For those who like the challenge of tactics I think this game is like a dream, but for those like me who aren't particularly brilliant at this area of the game it's an absolute nightmare.

What level highlights you watching?

What level highlights you watching?

I watch Key highlights so to be fair I only really see clear cut chances but I can see from the stats and when I do switch to Comprehensive that there's still not a lot going on unfortunately.

Well, I've been playing with mixed results, some admittedly have had me tearing my hair out, but when I've gone back to the drawing board by and large I've been able to get the results I think I deserve. The joys of the Turkish Premier Division with Genclerbirgli!

But what about you? Are you finding it easy or hard? Are you winning or losing? And do you think the results of your team have a massive bearing on how much you enjoy it?

Oh and feel free to post what team you're playing as in this thread.

In my four seasons I've finished 8th, 8th, 5th and 4th. Currently 9th with 11 games gone and in the Euro Cup group stages.

What leagues you got loaded Neil?

Win some lose some and enjoying it.

Had to tweak my tactics a lil since last update but nothing major did a good job before and continues to do a good job after update. Playing a 4-1-2-1-2 with Karlsruhe having taken them up from 3d division to first in germany now in 2016/2017 I'm howering in the middle of the table and are quite happy with life in general.

Still seeing some odd things now and then mainly from goalie not reacting to crosses he should be able to pick out of the air and still having a terribly hard time to get anything out of corners but on the whole the last update made the game feel alot smoother and I thoroughly enjoy it.

I'm just half way through my 2nd season with sevilla on a network game with friend (hes just been sacked by Ath Mdrid :D ) I finished 8th 1st season and some how did't get sack despite been under pressure from the board and players.. anyway after adjusting my tactics i'm now 3rd only a few points behind real and barca half way through January in 2nd season

So i've from pulling my hair out to enjoying every minute but those 2 could swap over again any time :)

I had some early frustrations when my tactic needed tweaking, and there's still niggles in the game that need addressing to iron out the frustration. Primarily the throw-ins going to the opposition, GK distribution not following instruction, players needlessly allowing themselves to get caught on the ball and panic, and a few too many missed clear cut chances. I'm enjoying the game regardless and getting pretty good results, but it certainly isn't the finished article and will only become more enjoyable once those problems are gone.

Just scrapped my 13.1.2 game basically because I think I had a tactic that exploited the engine and got my to the Prem too quick and now the new patch is out I'm a fish out of water. Gonna either holiday for a year and take and promoted non league club or pick a team in the scotish 3rd other than \rangers.

I will happily accept a game having flaws. Real life does so why shouldn't games. Unfortunately I can't get in to FM13. The matches just don;t feel like football. 90 minutes of sides taking it in turns to pass the ball to each other. I'm going back to FM12 for the time being.

I have been playing on key highlights and since the patch it is boring. Should I be changing my highlights option to adapt or is the balance wrong? I am playing in League One and am top of the table. I would consider myself to be one of the best teams in terms of player quality (backed up by league position) but often see a full half of football without a single highlight.

I definitely appreciate that the players needed to challenge and tackle more which has improved nicely. My team now feels like it cares about getting the ball clear and winning it back. I also like the fact a winger is capable of occasionally whipping in a good cross. I am not convinced that keepers are working correctly as they sometimes do strange things but they seem better than pre-patch so keep up the good work on those fronts.....

There are still some flaws, and especially in terms of goals. It's not helped by the fact the game has gained the (now mostly-forgotten) 'hitch' when it's definitely a goal if you've got a change pending. Remember how the penalties used to jerk? Yeah that.

It's so common to have ones where your D goes walkabout, or doesn't track the midfield runner. Also the finest individual goal of all-time (Van Basten on the angle) seems to be 25% of all goals scored. Either that or taking it to the GK line, running horizontally to the goal and skipping past the onrushing-but-never-gets-there keeper and tapping in. Generally it's much closer to real football, but the defending is still a bit headless chicken which makes it frustrating. Tactical tweaks can't erase AI decision flaws.

But, besides all that, I'm really enjoying it. More than I have for a while. DoF needs work but is okay as a v1.

Going back to FM12 - just can't hack FM13. It's not particularly a great GUI in fact I think it's take significant steps backwards. FM12 was bad. But this is insane.

Fm12 is good. I'll be playing that.

Usually with a new version I'm straight in and using it and enjoying it. FM13 not so much.

I actually dislike it. FM12 for now.

No offence to anyone - it's just not for me.

I had a longer post written up but squashed it.

im still struggling to get any enjoyment, the game has really changed big time since fm12, i think all the people who were calling for difficulty levels and the game to be harder have got there way, and i am not happy the game was fine before but now it just seems to hard. i kind of wish SI you could give me a update for FM12 to have all the dates right in the game.

Also the money i have spent this year to get the game playing right has been a big problem 495 pounds :(

This is exactly how I feel. With each edition I could immerse myself from release.

Not so with FM13

I have two saves going with Tottenham and Cottbus.

Not enjoying either to be honest.

The ME just feels like random events.

The tactical side has never been a big deal to me. It has always been about transfers, developing youth, and bringing an obscure team up though the leagues.

Back to FM12 also.

After the update i´ve found that the game gets a bit harder to play. I am currently managing Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City and Tottenham. I watch matches and I play with the instant result (the skin) sometimes. It is a bit unreal to find that you lay in 5,6,7th place with three of the teams and 1st with one of them. On previous FM versions (like FM12) I would play with the same four teams and I always had extremely good results with all the teams. FM13, with or without update just seems to hard and I dont mind that. I just wish that the changes you make to your squad, tactics, man management etc would have an effect like they did in previous games. It seems as if the FM13 engine as a whole is somewhat based on that there is only one perfect way to make it with your squad, but I could be wrong. I find it extremely strange that in the second season I sign Falcao, Neymar to Chelsea and we cant even beat Wolves at home.

Archived