Problems with my Liverpool 4-3-3

Hi there!

I am on a real bad run so I ask you guys for some help.

I read Wwfan's barca tactic and i build my tactic on his inputs.

My problem is that I got a lot of goals and cannot create enough clear-cut-chances.

see some screenshots from my formation:

teamtaktik.png

I use this shouts:

shouts.png

Here u can see my results so far:

ergebnisse.png

For a better understanding I'd like to point out the 0:3 loss againt norwich:

see some statistics

formations.png

avgpos.png

crosses.png

passes.png

norwichshots.png

norwichavgpos.png

norvichcrosses.png

actionszones.png

I hope some of you can give me so advice.

If you need more information please let me know

cheers

You are over cavalier in attack and its an attack that is one dimensional. Put isco on support and Johnson on support. Either make Suarez a trequaresta or complete forward support. Also defender who is your stopper should be directly behind your most attacking central midfider so he is quick to cover his gaps.

You are over cavalier in attack and its an attack that is one dimensional. Put isco on support and Johnson on support. Either make Suarez a trequaresta or complete forward support. Also defender who is your stopper should be directly behind your most attacking central midfider so he is quick to cover his gaps.

Thanks. Sounds logical.

I think the biggest problem is that I'd like to implement the Barca approach, but let's be honest, I don't have the right players.

Do you think I should change from wingbacks to fullbacks?

I would prefer wingbacks because I play with inside forwards but not sure.

Do you actually watch games to try and see where the issues are?

Personally I'd swap the duties around on the DLP and DMC. I'd have the DMC on support and the DLP on defence. I find this adds better balance and offers more passing options and is easier to control play due to the movement of the 3 man midfield.

Your front 3 are very attacking and you've got no-one dropping off into space or holding their position to allow the midfield to catch up with play. In fact your front 3 are really easy to mark as they are to advanced. Having advanced players is good but only if they've got support and someone creating space that can be exploited.

Do you actually watch games to try and see where the issues are?

Personally I'd swap the duties around on the DLP and DMC. I'd have the DMC on support and the DLP on defence. I find this adds better balance and offers more passing options and is easier to control play due to the movement of the 3 man midfield.

Your front 3 are very attacking and you've got no-one dropping off into space or holding their position to allow the midfield to catch up with play. In fact your front 3 are really easy to mark as they are to advanced. Having advanced players is good but only if they've got support and someone creating space that can be exploited.

Thanks Cleon for your answer.

Yes I do most of the games in full.

You are right, my 3 front players are isolated. Do you think it helps to set one Inside Forward on support and the striker as an DLF?

I've got a lot of goals created with trough passes.

I use the shout "pass to space". My players often play it to the oppenent, maybe I should change it to "pass to feet" to increase possesion.

Do you think it is a problem when I play Hamsik as the DLP on defence, because of his ppm "get forward os often as possible"?

I have the same formation, same roles and duties and even mostly the same players (2 differences are ter stegen for reina and jovetic for isco), but different team instructions and doing (did) very well. Twice second in the PL and 2 FA cups.

Would you tell me your team instructions?

Archived