[FM13] Caribbean Leagues Megaback v.5.2 (final build)

Simply I spent way too much time on making the leagues and it ate away so much of my time :( Someone else made BVI, and Sint Maarten is actually partially covered in MotoClub's excellent French Antilles files which are included. If you simply want to activate the leagues it's not too time-consuming and there are lots of poor quality leagues out there doing just that, but I focus on sustainability - i.e. you can play these leagues for 20 years and not have problems. That involves setting up awards, club and league reputations, a minimal level of staff and players, running the leagues several times in order to check they're compatable and don't break down over a decade (one problem was that national teams would only pick grey players later on because SI kinda messed up the reputation requirements of smaller nations). You also need to add transfer preferences, tax regimes, prize money, and add missing teams (of which there are many). Moreover, unless you want a database of blue-white kitted teams, you need to make an attempt to find kits for all these teams, or randomly assign new colours so they have some life.

All of that takes a fair amount of time for each nation. I seriously considered those nations, thinking their small size might make it quick, but they have enough teams to put me off sadly :(

Ok i understand thank you for your excellent update

• 2 weeks later...
Ok i understand thank you for your excellent update

No problem :) If I can import my database into FM2014 without many problems I'll probably have a stab at making them next time round :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the files. One of the most indepthed and detailed Caribbean files around.

Starting a big MLS save with US expansion file from paulgerty and wanted a deep North American/Caribbean. Running a test run first though, last set of files I used which had the CFU Championship, it started adding MLS teams and crashed the save when it invited my team.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Viggo - I use this file with the expanded US league structure and encounter no problems - it took me days initially to get the two to marry, but the final files here work on my rig :). Just remember to load all the files - you don't have to play the leagues but the CFU will crash without all the edited files.

Hi Ironmaster - Unfortunately Bonaire isn't a sovereign country in the FM database and doesn't even exist :(, but you should definitely look out for Etzella who made the ACS (sadly can't have the B!) tournament, as there's definitely some interest to make them when available. As I mentioned above - if I can import FM2013 editor files into FM2014 without much of an issue I'll definitely be finishing the whole Caribbean in terms of leagues.

• 2 weeks later...

I may be missing something, but after winning the Martinique league with Aiglon it said I was supposed to qualify for CONCACAF champions League at the group stage. But when the groups are drawn I am not there, no team from Martinique is there.. Is this a bug or something? In the confidence screen it says I should embrace the experience of playing in the CONCACAF Champions league, or something along those lines (different language).

Hi Spyon - By winning the league you qualify for the Caribbean Champions League - place 1st 2nd or 3rd in that cup to qualify for the CONCACAF (the Caribbean as a whole is allocated 3 places, which are determined by the champions league, so the 3rd place playoff is a big match!).

Hi Poop - sadly I can't control youth contracts, I agree they have a big impact and it's something I've brought up in the bugs section before, they appear to be determined by league reputation rather than appropriate relative income levels. Depending on the respective league I recommend bumping up either the attendances or the ticket prices if you're comfortable with the editor. Which league are you having the trouble in?

Hi Spyon - By winning the league you qualify for the Caribbean Champions League - place 1st 2nd or 3rd in that cup to qualify for the CONCACAF (the Caribbean as a whole is allocated 3 places, which are determined by the champions league, so the 3rd place playoff is a big match!).

Hi Poop - sadly I can't control youth contracts, I agree they have a big impact and it's something I've brought up in the bugs section before, they appear to be determined by league reputation rather than appropriate relative income levels. Depending on the respective league I recommend bumping up either the attendances or the ticket prices if you're comfortable with the editor. Which league are you having the trouble in?

Thanks, that's a good idea, I noticed it in general not a specific team.

In general attendances inflate themselves over time (again something I can't do something about), so you might want to bump attendances up by some amount. If players start at £50 a week, then a youth team of 12 will cost £600 a week, or £31,200 (a lot for Caribbean teams or indeed any semi-pro or amateur team). If ticket prices are £5, then you need 6,240 more people to turn up over the year than previously, or in an 18 match season, around 350 more people through the gates each week - adjust whichever league you're having trouble with :)

V50. Thanks for clearing it up for me.I off course ended up 4th in Caribbean champions cup, losing the spot.. Love the work you have done on the pack.

Thanks :) Sorry to hear about how close you got! I had that with Defence Force in Trinidad and it's very frustrating.

Aiglon in Martinique. First with Portmore in Jamaica, but got fired and applied for, and got, the job at Aiglon, who had been taken over by a tycoon.. So trying to increase the quality of the league as well as the national team over time with all my money. Up to a mighty 1 star league now after 2 season with them.

My save is pretty easy as i definitely have the most money in the league. But if you want i can upload my save game that i have from 5 months after taking over the team? Biggest problem I have is attracting better players and use all the money, and of course excel in the continental cups.

Anguillan finances should be stable, I checked them over, but maybe something tweaked the wrong way when I started adding other teams. There's a big pay day from doing good in the Caribbean Champs league and for the majority of Caribbean teams (i.e. outside of Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, and the French Antilles) this'll tie them over for years.

Hi Ranbon,

I couldn't change the date for the CFU champs league due to the way continental leagues are set up - if you want specifically October then when starting a new game set the "game starting date" to Aruba (whose league starts in October 2012) - you don't have ot pick an Aruban team, but as long as you have the Aruban League selected you can select to start in Nov 2012, although the fixtures won't be real-to-life (as that would be very time-intensive and involve the advance editor, which I'm only using for specifically the CFU Champions league due to the number of crashes it can cause).

Here are the start dates for the Caribbean leagues (when starting a new game and selecting them as teh starting date);

Anguilla: Nov 2012

Antigua & Barbuda Aug 2012

Aruba: October 2012

Bahamas: November 2012

Barbados: January 2012 or 2013

Bermuda: August 2012

Cuba: Jan 2012 or 2013

Curacao: Dec 2011 or 2012

Dom Rep: Oct 2012

French Guyana: July 2012

Greneda: May 2012 or 2013

Guadeloupe July 2012

Guyana: Feb 2012 or 2013

Haiti: March 2012 or 2013

Jamaica: August 2012

Martinique: July 2012

Montserrat: August 2012

Puerto Rico: July 2012

St Kitts: September

St Lucia: January 2012 or 2013

St Martin: August 2012

St. Vincent n Gren.:August 2012

Suriname: September 2012

Trinidad and Tobago: July 2012

• 2 months later...

Final Version now available :) It has something like a hundred new players (random stats, non-random CA & appropriate random PA, Ages all in there though) and new teams and lots of lovelies for Trinidad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived