Sports Interactive Community
Jarmel

Other clubs signing my youth that i didn't know i had ??

Hi

I was just looking through my transfer clauses and i notice that there are five 16 year olds that have clauses owing to me when they reach 10, 20,30 and so on games for their new clubs.

The thing is they are listed as ex portsmouth players in the 2012/2013 seasons but they have never been on any of my youth squads ?

It seems to me all my best youth are getting snapped up by other clubs all unbeknowns to me ?

Is this a newish feature ? last fm i playe was 2010 , i bought 2012 but never got around to playing it. Is there any way to combat this?

You probably didnt offer them a contract.

In game you always get a message, something like: new youth players arrived , you have to decide which one you want to give a contract.

Or maybe you are letting someone else in your club do this? Check your assignments and see who is handing out contracts to youngsters?

It is now new in the game that players can get snatched from you before they actually appear in game. There is nothing directly you can do, and it is quite realistic. It also happens that you team can sign players that appear in your youth team too.

Reccomendations to fix it - improve youth recruitment and juniour coaching, improve your in-game rep so players don't want to leave

It's a new feature. I haven't come across it myself yet, but it's been mentioned on these forums before.

Basically, it's an addition to represent the poaching of youth players at a younger age than is displayed in the game and over which, as manager of the senior team, you would have little if any control.

Thanks for the replies , If was a talented youth player i'd rather go to an EPL club over a League 1 side anyday of the week. So it makes sense

I tried something similar by attempting to sign some of the promising talent in the Manchester United youth team. None of them wanted to leave because their favorite club was sadly Manchester United. Quite realistic I think.

I noticed some of the regens around had clubs in their history from before they entered the game as a youth player. Does it go the other way too? I.e if your club has extensive youth recruitment network, do you snatch young players from other clubs?

I noticed some of the regens around had clubs in their history from before they entered the game as a youth player. Does it go the other way too? I.e if your club has extensive youth recruitment network, do you snatch young players from other clubs?

Yes, as I understand this happens as well. Obviously snatching will usually be from smaller clubs -> bigger clubs, but there will be players that your own club stole from other clubs before they entered the game as regens.