Player wants my club to pay 45k wages until 2016 to move

hmm this concerns me a bit also

im managing sporting and jeffren told me he wanted to be listed, he has no place in my team so i obliged him, a club comes in offers for him and he demands 19k a week to move for the remainder of his contract, bearing in mind he's on 21k a week and he wants to leave!?

Seriously confused

obviously i didnt pay it

If you have no use for the player, perhaps the best is sell him to Fulham.

Ok, you must pay 46k until 2016, but at least you'll get the transfer money and save 34k (80-46)

Another solution, is perhaps trying to lower the asking price. With this, you could make others clubs to bid for Dowing... clubs that may pay him a higher wage.

You need to do the maths. If you save more over the life of the contract than you could realistic get from transfer fees then it is probably worth doing it anyway. Rather than think of it as wasting 46k, think of it as saving 34k p/w + getting the transfer fee. If that is good value for you, then why not. The problem was whoever signed him to the bad contract, not the option to get out of it.

Maths were never my strong point, only ever looked forward to PE :brock:

34k p/w over 4 years is £7million. Add the transfer fee to that and you will save that much. If you think you would get that much value over Downing (you would need to replace him so the cost of that needs factoring in) then keep him, if you will never use him then it is a considerable saving.

The alternative is to see if someone will take him on loan each season, covering 50% of the wages, but that is not guaranteed you will get a taker.

After 1 season I sold Kaka. He demanded I should pay him ~£130K a week for 2 seasons. I agreed as there were little interest in him even though I sold him for half his value. A bit over the top I think, but he probably wouldn't get a game, anyways.

Annoying but realistic for overpaid players. Why would they sacrifice a substantial amount of money which is owed to them under their running contract?

It's annoying but if you have no use for the player you best look at how much it saves you.

I wouldn't mind so much if it worked both ways.

Lets say I offer joe Bloggs 20k a week, and he is on 30k. I would expect him to reject it. How good would it be if a day or two later the player says he has reached a deal with his current club and will now join for 20k per week.

Lets say I offer joe Bloggs 20k a week, and he is on 30k. I would expect him to reject it. How good would it be if a day or two later the player says he has reached a deal with his current club and will now join for 20k per week.

That's a good point not once has this ever happened to me the other way round

This may not be a bug exactly but it's something that should be changed. A player demanding a transfer should not ALSO demand money to make the move. It doesn't really make sense for them to do both. If the money were more important to him than the reasons for demanding a transfer, then he wouldn't demand a transfer in the first place.

This may not be a bug exactly but it's something that should be changed. A player demanding a transfer should not ALSO demand money to make the move. It doesn't really make sense for them to do both. If the money were more important to him than the reasons for demanding a transfer, then he wouldn't demand a transfer in the first place.

Yeah but this usually comes when the player is being sold when he wants to stay, and its perfectly reasonable to except him to want his full contract despite the club no longer wanting him.

Yeah but this usually comes when the player is being sold when he wants to stay, and its perfectly reasonable to except him to want his full contract despite the club no longer wanting him.

I can't say I've had this problem yet in FM13 (since I'm not even fully through 1 season yet) but it definitely happened to me multiple times in FM12. Players who demand a transfer can also ask for money to leave. Micah Richards and Wayne Bridge both demanded transfers, and seemed happy when I accepted, but then demanded lots of money when the time came to actually make the move.

Somewhat more humorously, I remember playing as Bayern in FM11 and Andreas Ottl complained about the lack of playing time, and I told him I'd let him go at the end of the season. He said this wasn't good enough, despite the fact that it was already APRIL.

I can confirm that I signed a player who signed for less and still got money from his previous club on FM12. I've also seen according obligations of clubs I took over at a later point in a save which were created after the save's start.

So I would assume that it is in the game and hasn't been taken out for FM13, though I haven't seen it in the new game yet.

I can't say I've had this problem yet in FM13 (since I'm not even fully through 1 season yet) but it definitely happened to me multiple times in FM12. Players who demand a transfer can also ask for money to leave. Micah Richards and Wayne Bridge both demanded transfers, and seemed happy when I accepted, but then demanded lots of money when the time came to actually make the move.

Somewhat more humorously, I remember playing as Bayern in FM11 and Andreas Ottl complained about the lack of playing time, and I told him I'd let him go at the end of the season. He said this wasn't good enough, despite the fact that it was already APRIL.

I love it when my players demands to be transfered on the last day of january :) and they wont accept to wait for the next transfer window.

If you really dont want him offer him for 0, this way despite making no money on the transfer you save his wage for X years where you might have been stuck with him prior to this. I did this with Charlie Adam and eventually sold him to QPR saving myself money on his wage which has come to more than i would have been able to get for his tranfer - his wage demand for taking a lower wage.

Archived