In the future!!

A few things I have noticed in my game is that the international part of the game has been drastically improved. No longer is every national team filled with old boys, and they have an automatic ticket to the national team almost until they retire. Young players are called up at a younger age now than previously. This also seems to be true when it comes to the clubs. To me it seems like younger players are more valued than before, and in my experience AI managers buy smarter, and with more of a view towards the future. I am in my tenth season, and it looks like it has been a massive improvement on the squad-building by AI managers.

I agree RE International teams.

However in my St. Johnstone file I am already disappointed by the AI, and I am only at the beginning of season 3.

At St. Johnstone I have been signing players that St. Johnstone would never sign, all on free transfers, especially players released from EPL clubs who aren't willing initially but come to me later in the season. My current team are miles better in all areas than the starting squad.

Other SPL teams however are still signing players of the same level as the SPL squads on day 1.

As a result, using the same not especially good tactics throughout, season 1 I stumbled to 8th place, season 2 I almost came 1st, and season 3 I am about 7 points clear after 10 games. I haven't changed any tactics, so the problem is the AI can't strengthen the way I can.

I can see how it is difficult to program though, as it is my squad that is unrealistic, not the AIs

Archived