Sports Interactive Community
Guvcfreak

Second season syndrome...

How do you really cope with this? Just can't seem to get it right.

Playing as QPR and the first season i did not buy a single player. And was hammering the premier league. Fighting for the title until the end. At the end i lost the title to City by one point. But managed to grab 88 points! Now in the second season everything is going straight to hell. Got a few very good new players and sold some, but not any major changes. Have been trying to tweak the tactics for the second season but just getting absolutely raped. And I am no where near a top 6 finish, even with a much better squad. How do you guys deal with this?

In Europe on the other hand, the tactic still works wonders and im smashing my way though the group stage. :saywhatnow:

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :thup:

Teams will play differently against you taking into account how good they think you will be, so QPR as a predicted bottom 5 team will find it easier to score goals than QPR as a predicted top 4 team who last year came 2nd and have a higher rep and are in the champions league etc, teams will be playing more of a counter attacking tactic and long balls is one of the flaws of the current match engine, I suggest switching to 3 CBs and playing a more narrow formation from midfield to attack with wingbacks doing most of the work. Look in the tactics sharing section and you will see that these types of formations are getting the best results and will find goals easier against teams that park 11 men behind the ball and use route 1 to attack

I am already playing a offensive tactic with 3 CBs and wing backs. Just struggling to keep it up when the opposition obviously playing defensivly and counter attacking. Really annoying!

Theres your problem, with the current match engine to win those kinda games you need to reel your team in a bit, less offensive, try and control the game keep the ball in their half and wait for gaps. You dont want to be throwing everyone in all at once. Its a very realistic situation actually even though it frustrates us all so much.

I will try that. So basicly play a little bit more cautious? Slowing down tempo and narrow my play? Guess that makes sense.