FM13: Portsmouth FC - Still No Money, Still No Players!

Ty

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've had a tycoon takeover, which has kind of ruined the save for me already. I'm refusing to spend money in the first season though and trying to cut the wage bill down as I would of in the first place.

Seems so very common :( I had one as well.

You would thought I would enjoy a front line like this;

Woods - Fierro

Hazard - Wilshere - Gotze

I am bored.

ok so this thread has definitely given me the motivation to start a pompey save.

i'm majorly bored with my mid table fulham save and this looks like one hck of a challenge.

im not too fussed about a major tycoon but atleast some sort of takeover would be nice with maybe a few hundred thousand made available.

My dad is a lifelong Pompey fan and season ticket holder and im actually going down there next week to watch them home V Colchester so that should really help to immerse myseld in the realism.

i will aim to start this save at some point this weekend!

well done chaps

May have to have a look at the Lazio save. I'm still doing it on a shoestring, or what would be to my budget anyway. In line with most other league one clubs in terms of wages and currently riding high in first in my second season :).

Any chance of a link to the lazio save?

The link to the save is within this article: http://footballmanagerveteran.wordpress.com/2013/01/19/feralpi-salo-proving-we-belong-at-this-level/

Enjoy!

I've been poring over scout reports for new players in my save. Gaston Fernandez has joined, but the big news is the return of a former player, who was signed purely at the request of my Gosport-born and Pompey supporting wife who wanted the team to feature a name she recognised. Matty Taylor was too expensive so 36 year old Papa Bouba Diop joins on a free. :D

Welcome, enjoy!

I should be getting some FM time in this evening, so hope to finish season 2 pre-season. I'm hoping to bring in a couple of loan signings, then my summer transfers are done. The board are expecting promotion as the minimum, so I'm already feeling the pressure...

Right, so.. It's been a busy summer at Fratton. Kind of like 'Arry is back actually. *Lots* of new signings. The board gave me £12 million to spend with a £274k p/w wage budget. I'd tried to bring in some recruits in January so the squad wouldn't be completely new for the 2013/14 season, but I kind of went a bit bonkers. :D

For starters, most of the surviving members of the original squad left, with only Ertl going for money (£40k). I've also loaned Webster to Wycombe for a season.

The arrivals list is much bigger:

Gaston Fernandez (£6.5mil)

Nestor Calderon (£6mil)

Danny Batth (£5mil)

Adam Matthews (£4.8mil)

Tsepo Masilela (£1.2mil)

Mamady Sidibe (£35k)

Jari Litmanen, Carlo Cudicini, Simon Lappin, Papa Bouba Diop (Free)

Vito Mannone, Ahmed Elmohamady, Adam Le Fondre, Tomas Kalas (Season Loan)

A couple of youngters for the U18s.

This now means we have a very deep squad and hopefully can achieve promotion. Hopefully.

I'm hoping to play with my preferred 41221 formation now I have better players, with my intended 1st team looking like this:

Portsmouth_TacticsOverview_zps21c677b2.png

A few player screenshots, just to give an idea of the players that have come in to the club:

GastoacutenFernaacutendez_OverviewAttributes_zps4501daf3.png

NeacutestorCalderoacuten_OverviewAttributes-2_zps53aeaefc.png

DavidFox_OverviewAttributes_zpsc23b3e5c.png

TomasKalas_OverviewAttributes_zps492e3f89.png

Started a game with Portsmouth and it is really tough. Im in the middle of September and have l so far won 2, drawn 2 and lost 6.

Goals have been a real problem as we have lost so many games 1-0.

I brought in Radek Cerny who has been sensational in goal making plenty of amazing saves, while I have also brought in Michael Ngoo to give us some height and power up front or on the wings, Kroistian Adorjan, to give us an option to play in behind the striker, Michael Doughty who is a quick hardworking versatile midfielder and Thomas Carrol who is a class above with his workrate, vision and skill on the ball. All have come in on loan with no wages or fees.

My three top performers have been Lubomir Michalik and Adam Webster who both have been sensational, dominating everything in the air, while Ashley Harris has been our main creative and goalscoring threat.

Weakest players have been Josh Thomson and Gabor Gyepes who are great in the air but make so many mistakes, as well as Izale McLeod who has yet to even threaten to score.

I am getting to the stage now where players contracts are expiring so lets see how I survive squad wise come January when my few decent players contracts expire.

Not too bad a start mate. From my experience in my first attempt, the first couple of months are a bit rocky, but once the team starts to gel things can improve.

Been busy lately, so I've not had much chance to play FM, but I did get some game time last night - I kicked off the 2013/14 season in great style, beating Aldershot 0-3 in the League Cup. In the league though, it was a different story with 3 straight loses and no goals scored. This left us bottom of the league. Another loss in the next round of the League cup at home to Hull and I feared for the season. However a positive team meeting seems to have turned things around and the next two league games ended in victory.

The frustrating things is that the team have been playing lovely football and the sort i've been striving to get a team playing in FM13 since it came out. Neat and possession based, but with an element of directness; lots of triangles, one-twos and neat through balls. The only problem so far is that the team are wasteful in the final third. I think the problem is the that the ball is being played forward slightly too quickly and the front players become a little isolated. If I can crack this problem we should be flying though.

Player-wise, I've been pretty happy with most of the players, especially given that there are so many new faces. Matthews and Batth have been particular highlights. Gaston Fernandez has been a little hot and cold, but when he's playing well he is almost unplayable at this level. The left side has been a little disappointing however. Calderon is on a one man mission to win some kind of "Worst Long Shot of the Season" award and Masilila keeps getting beaten and a significant portion of conceeded goals have come from his side; I'm hoping its just a settling in thing. Finally, I needed some backup for Fox in the DMC-DLP spot so I brought in an old FM12 favourite, Ole Kristian Saelnes, for £600k.

Where have Portsmouth fans heard this before?

dcf4925e0b1b94076b34584c9b2740f3.png?1352661108

Sidenote: I haven't been taken over this season yet. Will update my season when I reach the end. This news has popped up on the 7th of January, if this takeover happens I will be well happy :D

Did you make a save game at this point? Would love to have a go with this save!!

i'm in january in my first season, i started a bit shaky a couple of losses, then a few draws then went on a winning run before november, then christmas struck and have not been able to win a game, tried changing tactics, them players that were playing poorly, got a couple of much needed january signings but still can't find a win anywhere and have dropped from 2nd all the way down to 16th. I'm not sure if i'm playing the wrong tactics and rodgers hasn't scored in bout 12 games!!! I like to play with wingers, has anyone got any good tactics i can follow? gonna try to make my own, see how that goes!!

i'm in january in my first season, i started a bit shaky a couple of losses, then a few draws then went on a winning run before november, then christmas struck and have not been able to win a game, tried changing tactics, them players that were playing poorly, got a couple of much needed january signings but still can't find a win anywhere and have dropped from 2nd all the way down to 16th. I'm not sure if i'm playing the wrong tactics and rodgers hasn't scored in bout 12 games!!! I like to play with wingers, has anyone got any good tactics i can follow? gonna try to make my own, see how that goes!!

Minimal fuss' fusstidious is rock solid, here is the link:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/292519-FM12.2.2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2-MiNiMaL_FuSS-FuSStidious-V3-FINAL-FLAT-4-4-2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2-%E2%80%A2

I'm on a Portsmouth save myself, just into December 2013 and I'll post the team a bit later.

Nice one Brett!

As I hinted at earlier in the thread, my time at Pompey came to an end in November 2013. We were lying in 9th place and not playing too badly, but an away loss to a very in form Middlesbrough sealed my fate. It's a shame because its a good little squad I'd built; possibly too many changes to personel happened at once, but at was mainly silly mistakes that cost us in the end, plus promotion at the first attempt was perhaps a big ask from the board.

A month of unemployment followed, and I've now ended up at Sheff Utd who are still in League 1.

I have downloaded the Portsmouth Tycoon save! Have to say I am enjoying it atm,I went on holiday till January and came back with only 3/4 players in my first team and sitting 19th!! Bought 21 new players and its still been a struggle I have to admit. Team currently looks like this:-

GK- Button

RB- Evans (irish RB)

CB- Tate (Swansea)

CB- McCombe

LB- Ertl

CM-Tom Carroll

CM-Ian Black

AMC- John Bostock

RW- Giles Barnes

LW-Ledesma (Middlesborough)

ST- Obika

Bought alot of back up etc. looking to push next season for promotion the minute I spent £10m and the window went the board stumped up another £15m and the good news is my normal team I play as Tottenham are top of the league!!!

Giving Pompey a go.

So far i've abused the loan system -

Neil Etheridge - GK season Loan

Jesse Lingard - AM 3 months

Piquionne - 5 months

Rob Hulse - Season

Mamady Sidibe - 4 months

Jamie Mackie - Season

James Tavernier - Season

Diego Arismendi - Season

Lauri Dalla Valle - Season

Then signed Christiano Zanetti, Olembe and Del Horno on frees. Ashley Harris, Ertl, Webster and Gypes are all on season or so contracts.

Aiming on using the loans and these guys as the core of my side, releasing most of the current players when their contracts run out (tried selling guys but no one wants them) then maybe extend a few contracts (Buzsaky ect.) and re-build the squad over the Jan transfer window.

Had talks of a take over but nothing yet, only in mid september though. Deliberatly got KO'd from League Cup cos it's time wasting, gonna see how I do in the Jono Paint trophy though, for team morale.

so in my 2nd season, i managed to beat birmingham in playoff final to reach championship.

i have NO money. i did have a takeover in season 1 but it was just a local businessman and im in financial bother.

do people know how the takeovers work and what the chances are of another takeover happening?

also what sort of money will be coming my way for now being in the championship?

im not so worried about transfer budget as i can try and sign some freebies but i massively need my wage budget increased.

cant improve any facilities either as no cash!

I am just starting a save under the new update (Jan Transfer update):

Starting Line up without transfers:

GK: Eastwood

DR: Moutaouakil (wb)

DRC: Rocha (bpd)

DLC: Webster (ld)

DL: Butler (fb)

MR: Tarbuck (w)

MRC: Ertl (bwm)

MLC: Colson (ap)

ML: Cook (w)

CF: Harris

AF: Connolly

Still no money... only 22.5k budget for wages!

I have got the same problem. I have started with 13.3 database and in the second week there was board takeover from Brazil. Than I was given 0,8M for transfers and I have over 2M on account. At the beginning of September club is still under administration. I cannot make any transfers or loans, I cannot sign any free players. When will administration end ???

I have got the same problem. I have started with 13.3 database and in the second week there was board takeover from Brazil. Than I was given 0,8M for transfers and I have over 2M on account. At the beginning of September club is still under administration. I cannot make any transfers or loans, I cannot sign any free players. When will administration end ???

I too have this problem, i'm in October and no change! Must be a bug!

Update: Started a new save with Portsmouth on the new update and had a takeover on the 29th July and the transfer embargo was lifted. £628k Funds to spend and wage budget of £14k (adjusted to £29k wages & £117k transfer funds.

Archived