FM13: Portsmouth FC - Still No Money, Still No Players!

Ty

Hey Lads,

Just started a pompey save, I've decided to go with a 4-3-3 formation, my first few results are: -

A) Leyton Orient (Captial One Cup) 0-2 lost

A) Scunthorpe 1-1

H) Bury 0-0

H) Bournemouth 0-0

Just got through transfer window still in administration but got a message saying board in process of takeover and could happen in 3 weeks (fingers crossed). Rocha is off to maritime at the end of his contract so at least got him till March which is a bonus.

Not the best of starts but not the worst either currently 17th 1pt off drop zone but early days, lost Connelly for 3months through injury so that's a massive blow aswell

Will keep u updated

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the takeover fell through had a bit of a rise upto 12th but they had a massive dip of results

Portsmouth_FixturesSchedule_zps25a551e3.png

Portsmouth_FixturesSchedule-2_zps5bd084c2.png

Ended up being stuck at the bottom of the league for a while but just got off the bottom recently.

Finding morale really low and keep swapping formations think going to stick with a 4-4-2 and hope a takeover happens b4 end of Jan window so can get some loans/frees in to try and keep me up

Hey guys. I have had a look through the thread, but there are so many comments that I think I'll just have to ask a question that may have been asked before...

I have started a save as Portsmouth and am 4-5 games into the season. Each time I agree a loan deal with another club, a message comes up that the transfer was unable to be completed, without any sort of explanation. Therefore I'm wondering if anyone here can help me out with this.

Getting battered every game due to tiny squad and no way of getting in any reinforcements. I'm all up for a challenge, but this is just daft! I'm playing on the latest official update, by the way.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Cjh86,

Due to being in Administration you can't sign anyone loan or free till you get a takeover I know it does suck as Pompey's squad at start of the season is like a conference side and you will get battered a lot i'm afraid. In my game on the latest patch aswell it took me till Dec 2012 as you can see from screenshots above to get a takeover so up until then I was getting beat all the time and by the time the takeover came in I was bottom of the league.

By that time in Jan I was desperate to make whole sale changes to try and avoid relegation and I did but only by the skin of my teeth so hang in friend it will get better but it does take patience i'm afraid. You can get lucky with the takeover but then again like me can get one that doesn't really help much some guys have had £15m to spend in league 1 which is just insane but with my takeover he only put 1.1m up for transfers which I had to put all in wages anyways so I could make loan/free signings and then I could only offer 3k to one player and under 1k to the rest it was tough but I came through it and you will too if u stick with it.

In Jan I decided I needed to make wholesale changes to my squad to have any hope of avoiding the drop my signings were: -

Portsmouth_TransfersHistory_zpsf57870da.png

Portsmouth_TransfersHistory-2_zpsa99b4aac.png

Portsmouth_TransfersHistory-3_zps8900f645.png

Portsmouth_TransfersHistory-4_zpsab6ae70b.png

As you can see signed a lot of players but most were young players 18,19 who in a few years I could make better and then if needed to sell on. But most were needs must for this season as most of my players were running on empty with 50% fitness for most of the games up until Jan so I needed a big squad to see me through.

I was really pleased when I managed to bring Big Papa Diop and Benjani back as I thought they would storm League 1 but Benjani turned into more of an impact player than anything as Obika from Spurs turned out to be more of a hit

After all of my signings my team did start to improve and pick up better results. Here are my fixtures from rest of the season

Portsmouth_TransfersHistory-4_zpsab6ae70b.png

So if came down to the last day we needed to beat Yeovil and hope Crawley slipped up and that's just how it turned out so we just managed to escape from the dreaded drop by the skin of my teeth.

Here is how the final League 1 table looked

npowerLeague1_OverviewStages_zps1843a801.png

npowerLeague1_OverviewStages-2_zps1fdd6585.png

Season 2

So after we just stayed up last season the board decided that I should be aiming for mid table which I thought would be a tough ask as this time they decided to give me £0 to spend and very little wages where I could only offer £150! which isn't going to get me anyone. They also wanted me to offload most of my current crop as the club was now in debt of £2m.

So I decided that I would just try and loan out most of my young players to see if by getting them off the wage bill for the season I could bring in more experienced players to reach the boards expectations. And that's just what turned out I was quite surprised at the amount of clubs in the conference that were willing to take them and pay 100% of my wages. Lucky enough I managed to get a lot of them out and this persuaded the board to loosen the purse strings and now instead of £150 I could offer upto £1,300 which as you can imagine made a huge difference.

I've just started my second season but here are my summer signings

Portsmouth_TransfersHistory_zpsd2bd52c8.png

Portsmouth_TransfersHistory-2_zps6d26e34e.png

Portsmouth_TransfersHistory-3_zpse56aa84f.png

Portsmouth_TransfersHistory-4_zps8bde2f75.png

So as you can again I made a lot of signings but now I feel I can not only meet the boards expectations but I'd be more than disappointed if I wasn't challenging for at least a play off place with some of the strength I've got in key areas especially midfield.

I couldn't believe my luck when I managed to get Hargreaves and he is only on £925 per week as well so not an expensive signing at all and he should be a start in League 1 and if I manage to get up to the Championship as well. I had spurs as a parent club but decided to ditch them in the summer as no one would join me so I managed to get West Ham as my new parent club now and with the additions in defence they are going to be a key part of my side.

I'll let you know how I get on hopefully a good season lies in store

Hey Chewy2006,

Thanks a lot for the information you posted above. I am in September now, so will be in December in a couple of hours time. Fingers crossed for that takeover. Yepp, most players on 60-70% condition for every single game. Ain't going to be easy, but would be great fun if I manage to avoid the sack!

Wow, now I really am confused. Got past 1st March, still no takeover - just a couple of message about restructuring the debt. Can't sign or loan anyone, half of my players have left (contracts expired) and now it's just getting silly. Is it really supposed to be THAT impossible? Seems like everyone else had a takeover before too long...

Ah, and there comes the sack. Unbelievable Jeff. Absolutely impossible to do anything else in that situation! Grr...

Any other similar challenges worth having a go at that might not be as impossible as that one?

Might start another game as Pompey and just hope for a take over at an earlier point in the season.

Wow this job is impossible, bottom of league, 5 points from safety already, small squad, no signs of winning and no sign of a takeover anytime soon in mid october, really really struggling with this season only a matter of time before my job isn't safe. What point did you lot get takeovers in your saves ?

Season 2

Quick update on my results so far

Pre Season

Portsmouth_PreSeasonresults_zps443ef303.png

Capital One Cup

capital-one-cup_zpsd06140b5.jpg

Portsmouth_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsf5d30b49.png

League 1 Results

Portsmouth_FixturesSchedule_zps25b5d952.png

So as you can doing great so far 7th in table 1point off play offs and flying in capital one cup although game against QPR will be difficult but hopefully whatever happens we've had a great run this year and hope to do same in FA CUP to give us the much needed finances.

1st Season was a bit of a shambles!! Bottom and nothing you can do!

The club restructured debts and got a 5 million loan a week before the free/loan deadline day. By this time 41 games had gone and I was bottom!

Have some very promising youngsters come through so will see how league 2 next season goes!

Can't wait for the FM14 Pompey save now :cool:

Also really want to play my Pompey save again now, but I have no motivation to play it. Reached 2021 and got bored :(

Well after being taken over in July, by my Brazilian investor, came out of adminstrations end of October, a month before the loan and free transfer window shuts :thup: when coming out of adminstration i was a 4 game unbeaten streak 3 draws 1 win, and on a 5 game unbeaten run 2 wins 3 draws, but got knocked out of the cup by Forest green rovers, dodgy sending off. Managed to sign Mpenza, Papa Boupa Diop, Frederico Bassone and Jason Brown got Tamika Mkandawire coming in January, things are looking up

End of 1st season and finished 18th. The club restructured debts in December and gave me 10 grand in wages to sign players. I signed alot of players on loan and lots in short term deals.

Start of 2nd season no team. Now futher in debt and no wages all the short term deals have left and now struggerling to find a team. Mid table finish is looking doubtful!

Season 2

Thought i'd give you all a quick update of how my season is going.

Oct/Dec Results

Portsmouth_FixturesOct-Dec_zps17496404.png

Npower League 1 Table at Half Way Stage

npowerLeague1_OverviewStages_zps016750a1.png

npowerLeague1_OverviewStages-2_zpsf9d718d6.png

As you can see above we are flying amazingly not only top of the table at the end of the year and a big enough gap to 7th spot but we are now in the Carling Cup and JPT semis! Amazing results against QPR and espically Fulham as was heading to extra time players were nearly on knees as had given so much in game then we get a pen in last minute and good old Kozak calm as a rock placed it in bottom right hand corner to give us victory. Probs be the last of our amazing victories in the competition as have City in semis but whatever happens I couldn't of imagined the cup runs we have had so far and still in the fa cup where we have Ipswich in store in 3rd round.

I've got to say if you guys can get Gestede and Spence on loan they are must have signings then have been amazing for me. Also Ibrahim off city was class but lost him as I could only get him on a 3month deal which couldn't be extended.

Only downside was this message from the board

MarkHewitt_NewsInbox_zps9dd2dac6.png

But since I got that message in Nov hopefully now i'm top of the league they might rethink it and let me alter budgets so I can get an extra striker or 2 to back up Gestede as Hamilton Ricard and Benjani are on the decline now and have hardly chipped in with any goals will probs look to move them on whatever happens. Board do still keep telling me they want me to sell players to try and reduce wage bill and with club still £2m in debt despite the cup runs but as of yet they haven't had any good offers for any1 so hopefully if I can't get any1 else in i'll be able to keep the current squad till the end of the season when hopefully we will be back in the championship.

Anyways i'll keep you posted

Pompey going to be interesting next season being in league 2. Chairman saying he wants automatic promotion but you'll need to be spending a lot on wages if yo u want to get out of that league..

Would it be cheating if i added the new board in and took the embargo away? Starting on the new patch with them now anyway see how well i can do put my managerial skills to the ultimate test! :)

btN5hbM.png

I also got 1.1m to spend now with the Brazilian's taking over. Seems alot of people got these to take over also? I am going to get in some loans and sign a few on cheap. Long as I manage to stay up I can build from there.

Just a little update. Got the season done now. I was doing so so well at the start of the season and then it went real bad. Unable to sign anyone until the January window so i struggled real bad. ended up being 20th in the league but then but kind of picked up once i got the signings i was able to bring in.

League Table:

a635e915aab5469e980d5b0.png

Transfers:

0d5f1357804b4058a779854.png

My main 2 youngster progressing:

Harris:

0TOR06N.png

Webster:

Q00N4zc.png

(May have to right click and open in new tab for images to show the usual size)

If there is anything else you are wanting let me know. - I will update soon with the new seasons transfers and everything!

Great thread guys,

Ashley Harris is a gun, my top scorer esp. when played as a poacher but also as attacking midfielder. Stonhill has also played well for me.

More tips:

Against the best teams, I play my weakest players (think youth squad) this serves to give the better players a rest; once I even won!

I also take a defensive approach as the aim in first season is to avoid relegation nothing else! :D

My Pompey thread here for more

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/353226-Resurrecting-Pompey-or-surviving-Administration!-A-discussion

So managed to survive relegation, on the last day, my last 3 games were against 3 of the top 5 teams, got 3 draws, now my finances have gone bad again, board want a midtable finish, give me no money and 30k wage budget, which on the 1st july im 2k under, im cllinging on here, but do they in anyones experience get taken over again? This is gunna be a interesting second season

Well folks...I know the games been out for a long while but I have been unable to play till now and have got my Pompey save up and running. Played a bit last night and got the Brazilian takeover in August, but as Administration still in play I can't sign anyone(thought it was a bug till I read this thread . Rocha left for Leeds for £120k in the only transfer news and I am trying a 4-4-2 till I can do anything more.

Well folks...I know the games been out for a long while but I have been unable to play till now and have got my Pompey save up and running. Played a bit last night and got the Brazilian takeover in August, but as Administration still in play I can't sign anyone(thought it was a bug till I read this thread . Rocha left for Leeds for £120k in the only transfer news and I am trying a 4-4-2 till I can do anything more.

try a 4-4-1-1 formation saved me just, get liam walker retrained to play either left or right mid and have ashley harris as AMC

Hey Lads,

I've finally finished my second season so this is how it turned out.

Season 2

Jan - May Fixtures

Portsmouth_FixturesSchedule_zpsbab0cd9d.png

Portsmouth_FixturesSchedule-2_zpse742c170.png

League 1 Table

npowerLeague1_OverviewStages_zpsef040c42.png

npowerLeague1_OverviewStages-2_zps4690372e.png

Squad

Portsmouth_SquadPlayers_zpsc0380fc5.png

Portsmouth_SquadPlayers-2_zps6b83ca58.png

So As you can see from above screenshots we had an amazing season managing to win L1 and the JPT trophy and two amazing cup runs which saw us go out to Man City in both semi finals of the FA and Capital One cups.

Also thought I'd show you my current squad although a lot of them are loans so will go back to parent clubs I've got a few decent players but overall I think it will be a long and busy summer for me as wouldn't be confident of survival in the championship at this moment in time with the group of players I've got. I've managed to get Man Utd as my parent club so will most likely look at getting a few loans from them aswell as other clubs to try and bolster squad.

The club Is still in debt altho not as bad as previous posts following cup runs debt is now down from £3m to £1m altho hoping that with extra tv money at the start of the summer we wont be in any debt and the club give me a decent wage budget if not transfer budget for me to rebuild.

Hey Lads,

I've finally finished my second season so this is how it turned out.

Season 2

Jan - May Fixtures

Portsmouth_FixturesSchedule_zpsbab0cd9d.png

Portsmouth_FixturesSchedule-2_zpse742c170.png

League 1 Table

npowerLeague1_OverviewStages_zpsef040c42.png

npowerLeague1_OverviewStages-2_zps4690372e.png

Squad

Portsmouth_SquadPlayers_zpsc0380fc5.png

Portsmouth_SquadPlayers-2_zps6b83ca58.png

So As you can see from above screenshots we had an amazing season managing to win L1 and the JPT trophy and two amazing cup runs which saw us go out to Man City in both semi finals of the FA and Capital One cups.

Also thought I'd show you my current squad although a lot of them are loans so will go back to parent clubs I've got a few decent players but overall I think it will be a long and busy summer for me as wouldn't be confident of survival in the championship at this moment in time with the group of players I've got. I've managed to get Man Utd as my parent club so will most likely look at getting a few loans from them aswell as other clubs to try and bolster squad.

The club Is still in debt altho not as bad as previous posts following cup runs debt is now down from £3m to £1m altho hoping that with extra tv money at the start of the summer we wont be in any debt and the club give me a decent wage budget if not transfer budget for me to rebuild.

Chewy I have thoroughly enjoyed your updates and it has inspired me to get back to my popey save in season 2, league 2.

What I would like to ask you though is do you have a save game file from when you had your initial transfer embargo lifted which enabled you to purchase players in season 1? That would be a very good save for some people to try!

Hi nonleague,

Thanks for the positive comments I was wondering if it was worth keep posting updates as thread didn't seem very active lol As for save I'm afraid I just keep overwriting file as I go but just pulled off a great signing with Miccoli coming in on a free he's 35 but should get me a few goals to keep me in champ or push for playoffs. I had 2m to spend to avoid relegation but I've decided to put it all in wages and focus more on free transfers n loan deals to get me through season.

I decided to release Hargreaves, Kozak and Litmanen who were class for me in L1 but with a real lack of pace and all being 32+ I think I've had best out of them.

How did Hargreaves perform? I have Litmanen (Season 2), using him rotationally in the amc and dlf positions. My forward line consists of Mido and Mpenza (absolute beast) with Kewell in the amc role. I have only played 5 league games winning 3 drawn 2 but yet to concede.

What signings have you made for the Championship?

All 3 of them Hargreaves, Kozak and Litmanen were quality for me so in L2 if u can get them they will rip league apart! Also whatever you do keep Harris and Webster they will become great players for years to come. I just looked at Webster's information other day and it said 'dubbed the next Tony Adams' for me as a Arsenal fan that's a dream to find another Adams also if you can get Suazo and Ewerton I would especially Suazo I had him in my Oxford online game and he was a beast scored 25 goals in 20 games for me just a shame other parts of team let me down lol. As for my game only just started July so he's only signing I've made so far but I'll probs change a lot of the side I finished L1 with

I am forever giving up and starting again with a pompey save!

I started a new one on the latest patch I didnt come out of admin until a week before the closing of the free transfer window! I havent been taken over a CVA done for all the debts so very little money but finished 20th so avoided relegation by 1 point!

23K budget for wages 0 transfer so case of maximising the free transfers! With mid table finish as a min!

Started a Portsmouth save back in February on the 13.2.3 patch, and picked it up again this weekend which proved to be great fun. Thought I could give you guys a summary of how I've done so far.

Season One - League One

Few weeks into the season a local group of businessmen took over the club. Unfortunately without handing me any money to spend, so all I could do was to look for the best loan options available. However, I had already missed out on a few due to the transfer embargo. Managed to get Mikkel Andersen (Reading), Daniel Johnson (Aston Villa), Tom Thorpe (Man Utd) and Ben Davies (Swansea) before the end of the transfer window though. The start of the season proved to be a nightmare for us as we only managed to pick up two wins in 10 games.

In the beginning of October, having changed tactics from a fancy 4-6-0 formation to an old fashioned 4-4-2 system, we began to pick things up. The release of a total of eight players (Harley, Walker, Dumbuya, Eastwood, McLeod, Howard, Williamson, Rodgers) had given us some funds for me to bring in three decent freebies. Pascal Chimbonda, Mustapha Riga and Fodé Mansaré. All three proved to be instant hits as we went on a magnificent run until January - only losing twice in three months time. In the meantime we'd also signed Torstein Andersen Aase (Stabæk), Jlloyd Samuel (Esteghlal) and Christopher Forrester (St Pat's Athletic) on pre contracts. And Mamady Sidibé (Stoke) and Joe McKee (Bolton) on two short term loan deals.

Having gone from being absolute bottom of the league we now found ourselves in the race for promotion. The position was kind of uncomfortable though, as I was unsure if we had the economy or the squad to go up and not get relegated immediately. Our fine form only continued however and at the final day of the season we secured an unbelievable promotion! A point ahead of 3rd placed Leyton Orient. What a journey it had been! But the question remained - had we got promoted too soon? Only next season would tell the truth.

a07vxz.png

1f7dpj.png

+ Walsall 23rd and Yeovil 24th.

Top scorer (overall): Ashley Harris (22 goals/46 apps)

Top scorer (league): Ashley Harris (13 goals/38 apps)

Most assist: Ashley Harris (14 assists/46 apps)

Highest average rating: Lubomir Michalik 7.44 (47 apps)

Fans player of the year: Lubomir Michalik

Well I am 2 games away from the end of the season, 10 points on the board so hopefully will fly away with the League 2 trophy next season. Once restrictions lifted managed to re-sign Liam Walker and brought in Tom Halsall (GK) and Connor O'Donnell (GK) on free transfers and loaned Max Leonard (ST) from Huddersfield.

1st season finished, avoided relegation by 2 points, very inconsistant performances but happy to avoid the drop.

My reward? a 2 year contract and the wage budget cut from £21k p/w to £17k p/w - HELP!

Squad - Season 1

[TABLE=width: 90%, align: center]

[TR=bgcolor: #EEEEEE]

[TD]Pkd[/TD]

[TD]Inf[/TD]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]Position[/TD]

[TD]Morale[/TD]

[TD]Last 5 Games[/TD]

[TD]Con[/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Gls[/TD]

[TD]Av Rat[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]GK[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Nicky Weaver[/TD]

[TD]GK[/TD]

[TD]Okay[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]95%[/TD]

[TD]36[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.92[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]S3[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Simon Eastwood[/TD]

[TD]GK[/TD]

[TD]Okay[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]100%[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.95[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]DR[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Curtis Obeng[/TD]

[TD]D ®[/TD]

[TD]Fairly Poor[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]90%[/TD]

[TD]17[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]6.88[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]DCL[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Adam Webster[/TD]

[TD]D (RLC)[/TD]

[TD]Okay[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]89%[/TD]

[TD]41 (3)[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]7.03[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]DL[/TD]

[TD]Lrn[/TD]

[TD]Dan Butler[/TD]

[TD]D (L)[/TD]

[TD]Fairly Poor[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]82%[/TD]

[TD]27 (3)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.67[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]DCR[/TD]

[TD]Tut[/TD]

[TD]Gábor Gyepes[/TD]

[TD]D ©[/TD]

[TD]Good[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]90%[/TD]

[TD]40[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]7.11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]S7[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Sam Sodje[/TD]

[TD]D ©[/TD]

[TD]Okay[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]97%[/TD]

[TD]27 (3)[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]7.24[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Alex Grant[/TD]

[TD]D ©[/TD]

[TD]Okay[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]94%[/TD]

[TD]5 (9)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.69[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Elliot Wheeler[/TD]

[TD]D/WB/M ®[/TD]

[TD]Okay[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]94%[/TD]

[TD]3 (9)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.45[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]S4[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Papa Bouba Diop[/TD]

[TD]DM, M ©[/TD]

[TD]Fairly Poor[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]94%[/TD]

[TD]23 (2)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.88[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]DMC[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Johannes Ertl[/TD]

[TD]DM, M ©[/TD]

[TD]Good[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]91%[/TD]

[TD]37 (4)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]7.05[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]S5[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Ben Sayer[/TD]

[TD]DM, M ©[/TD]

[TD]Fairly Poor[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]94%[/TD]

[TD]11 (13)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.72[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]S2[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]George Colson[/TD]

[TD]M ©[/TD]

[TD]Okay[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]94%[/TD]

[TD]1 (15)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]6.67[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]MCL[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Jed Wallace[/TD]

[TD]M ©[/TD]

[TD]Okay[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]88%[/TD]

[TD]31 (12)[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]6.90[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]MCR[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Liam Walker[/TD]

[TD]M ©, AM (RLC)[/TD]

[TD]Okay[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]83%[/TD]

[TD]36 (7)[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]6.73[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]STCL[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Ashley Harris[/TD]

[TD]AM (RLC), ST[/TD]

[TD]Fairly Poor[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]88%[/TD]

[TD]35 (5)[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]6.81[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]S1[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Jari Litmanen[/TD]

[TD]AM ©, ST[/TD]

[TD]Fairly Good[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]99%[/TD]

[TD]34 (7)[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]6.87[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]STC[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Emile Mpenza[/TD]

[TD]ST[/TD]

[TD]Okay[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]88%[/TD]

[TD]35 (6)[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]6.93[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]STCR[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Jonathan Obika[/TD]

[TD]ST[/TD]

[TD]Okay[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]92%[/TD]

[TD]7 (1)[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]6.99[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]S6[/TD]

[TD]Ctr[/TD]

[TD]John Akinde[/TD]

[TD]ST[/TD]

[TD]Poor[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]94%[/TD]

[TD]9 (6)[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]6.57[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]Inj[/TD]

[TD]Dan Thompson[/TD]

[TD]ST[/TD]

[TD]Okay[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]62%[/TD]

[TD]5 (6)[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]6.78[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Transfers - Season 1

[TD]Date[/TD]

[TD]Person[/TD]

[TD]From[/TD]

[TD]Fee[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]31.8.2012[/TD]

[TD]Sayer, Ben[/TD]

[TD]Free Transfer[/TD]

[TD]Free[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]31.8.2012[/TD]

[TD]Mpenza, Emile[/TD]

[TD]Free Transfer[/TD]

[TD]Free[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]31.8.2012[/TD]

[TD]Litmanen, Jari[/TD]

[TD]Free Transfer[/TD]

[TD]Free[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]6.9.2012[/TD]

[TD]Weaver, Nicky[/TD]

[TD]Free Transfer[/TD]

[TD]Free[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]18.9.2012[/TD]

[TD]Reckord, Jamie[/TD]

[TD]Wolves[/TD]

[TD]Loan[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]9.10.2012[/TD]

[TD]Diop, Papa Bouba[/TD]

[TD]Free Transfer[/TD]

[TD]Free[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]25.10.2012[/TD]

[TD]Capaldi, Tony[/TD]

[TD]Oxford[/TD]

[TD]Loan[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]6.11.2012[/TD]

[TD]Flint, Aden[/TD]

[TD]Swindon[/TD]

[TD]Loan[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]9.11.2012[/TD]

[TD]Batt, Damian[/TD]

[TD]Oxford[/TD]

[TD]Loan[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]4.1.2013[/TD]

[TD]Obeng, Curtis[/TD]

[TD]Swansea[/TD]

[TD]Loan[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]19.2.2013[/TD]

[TD]Obika, Jonathan[/TD]

[TD]Tottenham[/TD]

[TD]Loan[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Total[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]£0[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Transfers Out - Season 1

[TD]Date[/TD]

[TD]Person[/TD]

[TD]To[/TD]

[TD]Fee[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]23.7.2012[/TD]

[TD]Rocha, Ricardo[/TD]

[TD]Cardiff[/TD]

[TD]£120K[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]23.1.2013[/TD]

[TD]Awford, Nick[/TD]

[TD]Forest Green[/TD]

[TD]Loan[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]31.1.2013[/TD]

[TD]Tarbuck, Bradley[/TD]

[TD]Cambridge[/TD]

[TD]Loan[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]28.2.2013[/TD]

[TD]Smith, Phil[/TD]

[TD]Free Transfer[/TD]

[TD]Free[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]28.2.2013[/TD]

[TD]Connolly, David[/TD]

[TD]Free Transfer[/TD]

[TD]Free[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]28.2.2013[/TD]

[TD]Moutaouakil, Yassin[/TD]

[TD]Free Transfer[/TD]

[TD]Free[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Total[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]£120K[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Very glad to say I have managed to keep hold of Webster, Harris and Wallace on longer deals before the budget was cut, I have also made the following Transfers during the summer to try and attack mid table in season 2...

IN

Andy Dawson (DL) - Free

Stuart Taylor (GK) - Free

Also now have Bolton has a parent so they have sent me Cian Bolger on loan who looks decent

OUT

Akinde

Eastwood

Colson

Sodje

1st season finished, avoided relegation by 2 points, very inconsistant performances but happy to avoid the drop.

My reward? a 2 year contract and the wage budget cut from £21k p/w to £17k p/w - HELP!

I know how you feel. I got a 25k p/w wage budget when the new chairman came in in the first season. That was reduced to 18.5k p/w with no transfer budget in the second season. And now, going in to the third season it's been reduced to 16k p/w - again with no transfer budget. A couple of the outstanding loans have now been paid off, so hopefully things will start to get better!

Archived