Impossible to win games?

I am in my 5th season of a save with Rangers. I am top of the SPL 4 points clear and haven't lost in 22 games. I had a game against 5th placed St Mirren, I won 4-1, but then the game froze. "No problem" I thought to myself, "I'll just use the fantastic new instant result feature so I can quickly just get my win back and then just move on!" However, after losing the same fixture 2 or 3 times and by ridiculous margins (like 6-0, 7-1, etc), I started to keep track and do an experiment and have re-played the same fixture 60 times so far.

I have not won a single one of these games. In every game, I either get absolutely, resoundingly gubbed (in more than 50% of these games I have lost by more than 4 goals) or I will take a decent lead, only for a bizarre sequence of events to let St Mirren back into the game, such as multiple penalties, ultra convenient own goals, multiple goals in injury time, or a combination of these things and more.

So yeah, despite me being top and on a massive winning streak, despite me having only conceded 13 goals in 23 games, I now apparently have a fixture that is impossible to win. You'd think that over 60 times I'd have had a 'fluke' win (barely a fluke since I'm massive favourites). The only conclusion I can draw is that there is an element of random seeding being locked in by a certain point - similar to how if you reload your save just before a shot on Xcom, you'll have the same miss/hit result no matter how many times you try.

I am now totally convinced the game is basically predetermining results of games to keep leagues closer or something, im not sure really, I guess I am just speculating. I just find it bizarre that replaying the same fixture over and over yields the same overall result and also shows patterns of games being totally and improbably thrown away over and over again. Anybody else experienced this? What gives

Doesn't it depend on when you save the game? I thought I remember reading that a large part of the outcome of a match is made up from your post match press conference of your last game and your pre match conference for the current game. Therefore if you save your game on the Submit Team screen the outcome of the game is already pretty much decided barring any changes you make midgame.

Still, 60 games without a win is bizarre.

It isn't saved that closely though, it has to generate through a day or 2 first. Even if that is true though, that IS ridiculous if it's predetermining results before you've actually played them? That basically means you couldn be unknowingly going into a loss unless you did something like made a cursory substitution to change it up?

Doesn't it depend on when you save the game? I thought I remember reading that a large part of the outcome of a match is made up from your post match press conference of your last game and your pre match conference for the current game. Therefore if you save your game on the Submit Team screen the outcome of the game is already pretty much decided barring any changes you make midgame.

Still, 60 games without a win is bizarre.

He's using FMC, so there is no press conference. Either way, it's Football Manager, not Media Manager - it'd be ludicrous if games were decided as you suggest.

Archived