What do you watch matches in- 2D or 3D?

I watch in 3D. I used to be adamant that 2D was the way to go..... BUT, once you start watching the games in full A) it's far more entertaining AND B) You get a lot more information out of the game. Players actions and the way they execute things does reflect on their PPM's etc.

I'd suggest now that if you are watching in full, you should be watching in 3D.... though, it's your game, do what makes you happy ;)

Me I have since playing fm games watched in 2d, loved the ots even today.

3d is still new but I don't really watch in that, just watch replays in 3d.

But do people get to know more about what's going on in 3d than 2d.

How do you get just the replays in 3D? My laptop struggles with 3D :(

3D is the only mode that gets the adrenalin going when you're a goal down in the last minute of a vital relegation match and theres an almighty goal-mouth scramble in your opponents box :). Commentary and 2D could never give me that kind of rush.

Not true you can get that in 2D

3d just looks rubbish! Im a commentary only guy and have been since CM97/98. I played with the 2d dots for a while but nothing beats commentary only. This new versions match day interface is a step backwards though for commentary only fans I think as the screen is really cluttered, the commentary isnt in the middle of the screen anymore with only the scorers on either side etc like it used to be. Also, I don't seem to be able to get any match day stadium background pictures to show up which really kills the immersion for me when playing with commentary only.

I enjoy watching real life football in 3d yes -because it looks real. The graphics on the ME and the animations (and just the fact that the ME is a bit buggy at the moment) make it so unrealistic watching in 3D it kills the immersion. In 2D at least the players look like they're moving properly and you can use your imagination! - Commentary only is the way forwards (or rather backwards as it seems to be on the verge of being phased out by this new UI).

3D all the time. I could never go back to watching text. You learn SO much more from watching the games. Even if it's just highlights. Just having text up would be like a manager staying in the dressing room and listening to the game on the radio. Why on earth would anyone want to do that now?! Being able to watch the games is one of the very best (if not, THE best) improvements to the game that have been made since I started playing.

2d classic, full mactches. 3D looks really unrealistic with the players sliding and all that.

Also, you say that in 2d the bugs are less visible... I want a clear answer - does it make a ME difference for the match and tactics whether you use 2d or 3d? Because it seems that people using 2d have less problems with the game...

2d classic, full mactches. 3D looks really unrealistic with the players sliding and all that.

Also, you say that in 2d the bugs are less visible... I want a clear answer - does it make a ME difference for the match and tactics whether you use 2d or 3d? Because it seems that people using 2d have less problems with the game...

No it doesn't. 2D or 3d is simply a graphical representation of what is happening under the hood in the ME.

Abit of both for me, I switch to 2D when I get bored of the 3D after playing the game for months. It becomes too predictable, and the almost identical stadiums game after game, gets boring aswell. (I'd be gutted if they ever removed the classic 2D dots)

My imagination is much better than the 3D FM hosts anyway. ;) The buggy movement/animations don't stand out or frustrate me when playing with 2D either.

I use 3d and have since it was introduced. I have to keep reminding myself that what I see isn't the whole truth though which was much easier on 2d as it was looking less detailed. I think a lot of the problem people have with the ME is that it doesn't always show the entire truth but yet as they keep improving the graphics so it looks like you see more detail you expect to see so much more detail. I still tell my brain that my player didn't just make that stupid stop waiting to get caught up and that it instead was just the limits of the 3d display of the complex calculations behind it tat makes it look like it. Sometimes I have more success in this thinking than other times.

Archived