Do you have to use shouts?

Now I havent really used shouts since playing FM, simply because seems too crowded to know what to do and hasnt worked for me.

Now do you guys use shouts all the time and do you have to use them to get success.

I very rarely use them during a game but I do use a set of pre made shouts that hopefully compliments my teams style of play and tactics. So far it seems mostly to be having a positive effect on my results but as always with FM I keep in mind that the ai is constantly trying to figure out a way of adapting their style of play to try and negate my strategic advantage, so might throw in the odd different shout in a match just to try and keep them off balance and guessing what I'm going to throw at them next.

I'm not sure what time zone your in but in the uk it's 00:30, so you're unlikely to get many replies at this time and bumping your own thread is only likely to draw the attention of mods.

Ye I'm in the UK.

I just want help, I'm sorry for bumping my thread.

Ive never bothered with shouts, it can make a difference to the way your team plays but you can still be successful without them.

Same here I haven't relly used them.

I can understand they could help but I'm just wondering if its a big difference in using them or not.

I have success on all fm games I played without shouts as well.

I just feel others are better as they use shouts.

I have tried to make some scenarios now, where i use several shouts, but when i play the match myself it dosent seem to work?

Is it only when i ask for a instant result i get to use the match planer or have i missed something?

I play matches quite fast so before i have done the shouts myself the match is over, so it would be really helpfull if i could use those scenarios shouts.

Sorry my bad english, just had to ask this :)

No, you don't have to use them. The shouts are a quick way to make adjustments to your tactics. Everything they do can be done in the normal tactical setup. So if you're comfortable setting your tactics without using the shouts, then you're fine. And if you override TC instructions, or use classic tactics, the shouts don't work anyway.

I start every single game with "pass to feet, hassle opponents & get stuck in" shouts before a ball is even kicked. Every game without fail no matter where I am. Sometimes use "work ball into box" too.

Shouts are absolutely invaluable.

No, you don't have to use them. The shouts are a quick way to make adjustments to your tactics. Everything they do can be done in the normal tactical setup. So if you're comfortable setting your tactics without using the shouts, then you're fine. And if you override TC instructions, or use classic tactics, the shouts don't work anyway.

I'm confused I thought you could use shouts in game using classic tactics but not using TC.

I saw that you could pre set shouts in TC can't you.

On FM13 I use "work ball in to box" every single game in a (usually futile) attempt to stop my midfielders shooting from outside the box all the time.

Wouldn't that just change your players long shot setting to 'rarely'? Maybe I am underestimating the shouts, but aren't they just pre-made ways of adjusting sliders that can be adjusted manually?

Using shouts depends on the situation

When I'm losing, I almost always set my tactic to Overload and I use as many 'suicidal shouts' (Those that are completely attack-biased) as I can, essentially asking my players to steamroll the opposition. As of now, I've noticed that using Overload with a lot of suicidal shouts is far more effective than just using Overload

Archived