FM13: GPTG General Advice & Tips - For those playing as clubs with no team guides!

Purefun

Playing as a team and wanting to ask for some advice, but there isnt a team thread for that team? Well fear not as this is the place to ask.

What we offer you here is the opportunity for you to post your updates and ask for any general tips or advice on that team. It is apparant that when users enter the GPTG needing advice, there is a general influx of threads created asking for advice and generally making the place look untidy. This thread gives you the opportunity to ask any of those questions which are bugging you and you really want to know the answer. Here you can post anything regarding players, teams, formations etc so us here in the GPTG can give you the advice and guidance which you need and point you in the right direction.

What ever it is you need to ask, then please feel free to do so in here until the specific team guide for the club you are playing as is created.

In association with SRL88.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone had any experiences with Yaya Sanogo?(preferably non-sexual).. I'm looking at getting him in on the free for Swansea but would like to know how he develops.

He's been good in previous FM's no reason to think that will be any different this year. He will score goals for you, that's always been a good thing.

they look like a nightmare to manage the mess on their squad. alot of the itallian teams seem to be made up of loan or co ownership players.

i also find it too difficult to manage Fiorentina.. Aquillani is always injury prone.. Valero and Pizarro lacks dinamism and consitancy.. Jovetic is not good enough.. El hamoudy is on the international duty in the middle of the season.. i could'nt understand what is the Fernandes's job in this club.. the only adequate perfomances comes from on loan Migliaccio who wants a expensive contract to join permanantly, sometime Cuadrado also on loan and goalkeeper Viviano also on loan.. an there's no money.. :/headaches..

there is no one who is playing with AS Roma :( ... I hope that in the near future we will have a thread with AS ROMA :)

I've started a game with ROMA but I don't have the necessary time to write a thread with Roma :) also is not my favorite team, I would like that some who really loves this club to do a thread :D

thanks!

Just started a game with Inter and was wondering if any other people are playing as them.

They have very limited money cant even afford to bring players in on loan thinking of getting rid of Sneijder as he on massive wages 170k a week teams are not interested in buying him even selling for 1m but have the chance to swap him for Veratti from PSG for straight player swap as have Coutiniho who has more potential than Sneijder anyway

Let me know if anyone playing as Inter

A lot of Serie A players in this thread :D

Managing Parma is difficult due to the shocking debt and no European competiton.. but players like Ninis, Belfodil are decent. Currently top after 11 games unbeaten though :brock:

But I will probably find difficulties in the new year... there's no money at the club at all so selling some of the better players may need to be addressed.

they look like a nightmare to manage the mess on their squad. alot of the itallian teams seem to be made up of loan or co ownership players.

Yeah mainly all Italian clubs operate in this way to cut costs, my plan is to bring up players from the youth team only..

West Ham.... to Carroll or not to Carroll, that is the question...

I tend to play possession style tactics, and certainly last year Carroll was a poor player for any system. However in FM13 pacey strikers seem to be less effective (well, strikers in general seem less effective to me), so maybe Carroll is a better bet this year.

However if you dont have a system thats going to utilise the big man, then he's a terrible waste of loan salaries.

And there is the West Ham challenge - decent squad, tactically flexible array of players but a bad financial position - too high on salaries, lots of debt, no cash for transfers. Should make for an interesting challenge in the first season, and if succesfull a chance to change the squad into whatever you want it to be for your second season.

I'm happy to help anyone who has Hammers queries :)

Just started a game with Inter and was wondering if any other people are playing as them.

They have very limited money cant even afford to bring players in on loan thinking of getting rid of Sneijder as he on massive wages 170k a week teams are not interested in buying him even selling for 1m but have the chance to swap him for Veratti from PSG for straight player swap as have Coutiniho who has more potential than Sneijder anyway

Let me know if anyone playing as Inter

First of all bro, Inter's finances are a major data error in my opinion and a lot of users agreed on this point on the Italian Data thread.

Second, don't bother with selling Sneijder, I have worked my ass off to get finances straight, went through a whole season without buying anyone, sold Chivu, Mariga, Stankovic. Sold Sneijder at the end of the season for 30m, won Europa League, Serie A and CI, my transfer budget was still close to 0, then a tycoon bought the club and started pumping money. My point is, don't even bother.

i also find it too difficult to manage Fiorentina.. Aquillani is always injury prone.. Valero and Pizarro lacks dinamism and consitancy.. Jovetic is not good enough.. El hamoudy is on the international duty in the middle of the season.. i could'nt understand what is the Fernandes's job in this club.. the only adequate perfomances comes from on loan Migliaccio who wants a expensive contract to join permanantly, sometime Cuadrado also on loan and goalkeeper Viviano also on loan.. an there's no money.. :/headaches..

Jovetic is good enough IMO. I've got him as my main striker for Newcastle (yes, I sold Ba and Cisse after the first 18 months) and he scored 34 goals in 45 apps. Him alongside Schurrle has been phenomenal last season with Schurrle playing around 25 games and scoring 18 goals in the same season as Jov' got 34 :)

Edit - that isn't to say he doesn't have weaknesses, he gets injured fairly frequently - at least last season he did, but when he wasn't injured he was great. For 15 or so million he was a great signing.

Speaking of great signings, one of my most ever effective signings has to be Andrew Ayew - He won the best player in the world, over Messi and Ronaldo, and hes young! Phenomenal, good penalty taker, can play on the left wing too and makes a great midfielder in more than one role.

Managing Gladbach 1st season, currently have a transfer budget of £3.4M. Looking for a young prospect in the AML position ideally suited to an inside forward role, any ideas chaps?

What is Sidney Sam looking like? He was an excellent option on FM12.

Managing Gladbach 1st season, currently have a transfer budget of £3.4M. Looking for a young prospect in the AML position ideally suited to an inside forward role, any ideas chaps?

thomas drage tromso very good youngster can play across the am positions

Thinking about starting a save in Germany. Never been there before so am wondering what kind of database set up i should have and what kind of money can is available for prize money, sponsorships etc?

Prize money is great, better than other leagues, you get like £26m if you win the league..

Just started up a new save with Inter Milan, and wanted to hear if anyone had any ideas on handy tactics and signings?

I personally feel there is a need for a class striker, but not really sure who...

Be careful... Inter have the highest debt in the game (£750m) and in the second season become bankrupt leaving you with no funds. So you have to sign wisely and on the cheap.

Anyway.

I might choose Monaco when the new patch is out.

Quick guide to Stoke (since there isnt a guide up anywhere)

Keep :Begovic / Sorensen / Shawcross / Huth / Palacios / Nzonzi / Whitehead / Walters

Sell : Adam / Whelan / Wilson / Crouch / Shotton / Jerome / Jones / Etherington / Kightly / Tonge / Higginbotham / Upson / Delap / Pennant / Cameron

Release : Owen / Arismendi / Sidibe / Edu

Loan : Cuvelier / Rossi / Ness

Whitehead is a keeper not because hes a great midfielder, but because his deal is up in 12 months, he has no interest from elsewhere, and he can play right back in the event you cant find a quality replacement for Shotton.

Walters is Mr Versatility up front , on the wings and in behind the striker. Not a great player but a grafter.

Crouch and Jones represent nearly £80k a week, and you will start £100k a week over your wage budget even if you tell the chairman youre going to finish safely mid table. Their fees can be used to purchase Kweuke as a lone striker and Yttergard Jensen to play behind , on lower wages and much lower fees. That frees up funds (along with the released players) to attack the free transfer market and obtain two half decent fullbacks, which your squad will be crying out for.

Palacios & N'Zonzi will keep your midfield ticking over for a few seasons whilst your build around them, adding Hiljemark provides some great rotation options. Picking up "Mr Versatility" Jelle Van Damme gives you additional cover , and an emergency fullback/centre back should you need it.

Archived