Mr Hough FM13 First Patch Tactics.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This game is really starting to **** me off. Seriously starting to wonder why I even bothered to buy it...

I'm managing Arsenal now, having flopped with liverpool

My team is as listed:

---------------Podolski---------------------

-----------------Cazorla-----------------------

-------Arteta---S.Bender-----Wilshere----------

Enrique Otamendi Vermaelen Metersacker Sagna

So as you can see its not a bad team by any means, and in relation to the suggested type of players I'm not too far off in most positions, if at all.

I'm not dominating teams like others in this forum are suggesting and i'm not winning games that I should be winning comfortably.

Can anyone provide some help? (let me know if you need anymore information to assist)

Mr. Hough? Any advice here?

Working well so far, don't concede many.

Im Man Utd, and signed Gareth Bale (playing RWB) he is joint top scorer in January with RVP!!

Seem to get quiet a few red cards though? Fellani been sent off 3 times, and Rooney twice the main ones.

Going to start ANOTHER game with United?

How do you line up your team? what match prep and training do you use mate?

Going to start ANOTHER game with United?

How do you line up your team? what match prep and training do you use mate?

I am playing as UTD now, My Team is De Gea Vidic Jones Ferdinand Evra Rafeal Rotate Between Gigga Scholes Fletcher Carrick Cleverly Rooney RVP.

I haven't been using any match prep other than the default one and i've been using default training

I am playing as UTD now, My Team is De Gea Vidic Jones Ferdinand Evra Rafeal Rotate Between Gigga Scholes Fletcher Carrick Cleverly Rooney RVP.

I haven't been using any match prep other than the default one and i've been using default training

Thanks, perhaps my liverpool and arsenal midfields were a bit too flimsy and weak. Ill give this one last go with united.

In my experience so far (and I wouldn't want to go against the suggestions Dave has made) but my pacey strikers haven't done it for me. I'm playing as Leeds and McCormack was so awful he was sold whilst Becchio (more of a Target Man / Advanced Forward than a poacher) has been brilliant.

I'm going to keep playing a less "Poacher" type player and concentrate on heading & finishing, the tactic creates loads of chances from crosses I find that a strong ST is better than a pacey one.

Give it a try.

I am playing with a Complete Forward type, and it working out quite well.

Anyone had any success with this tactic in LLM? Was fancying a game down in the Northern League Division One for a change and wondering how this holds up.

dont take my advice on it cause im the last person on earth to be giving out advice on tweaks and tactics, but at a quick glance it might be your midfield, hough says you need around two ball winning midfielders, in my HSV i have had Badelji (sp?) and have had either a box-tobox esque player or a ball winning midfielder alongside of him on each side, arteta or wilshire are not your traditional ball winning midfielders

So with this you're best bet is to have either a B2B or BWM on either side, but what do you put in the middle? My instinct is to place an anchor man type of player there due to his tactical movement, but are you supposed to chuck a BWM in the center aswell?

Ok second season with this tattics playing Napoli:

since i use it I lost 1 game and draw another won the italian league 12 point clear and italian cup.

Second season so far :

I played 9 games won them all ALSO i got draw in the championship cup with Real Madrid and PSG, needless to say i won agaist both of them.

PSG Napoli 0-4

Napoli Real Madrid 3-1

This tattics is amazing the key is the the wingback I dont have TOP players a part from Hamsik as AMC and Cavani as striker but once they learn the formation I couldnt stop winning

Look like a natural formation for Napoli probably because they use a very similar formation in RL.

So big thank you Mr Hough for this cracking tattics.

Going pretty well with Chelsea.

Some things that can probably be fixed: Not that many CCC, the other team almost always has more of them.

Through balls and long balls put opposing strikers 1-1 vs my keeper too often.

In attack, the ball circles left and right too slow and not so many clear opportunities are made.

I think a lot of the problems people are having are probably a result of your reputation. If you pick international footballer as your past experience, you won't have many problems with teamtalks, whereas if you pick Automatic or Sunday Footballer, teamtalks are impossible and I think that has a huge effect on how people are judging this tactic.

I think a lot of the problems people are having are probably a result of your reputation. If you pick international footballer as your past experience, you won't have many problems with teamtalks, whereas if you pick Automatic or Sunday Footballer, teamtalks are impossible and I think that has a huge effect on how people are judging this tactic.

Mines on automatic and I hardly ever get a positive response!

It's a bloody good tactic. Came 2nd in the league with Blackpool in the 3rd season in the prem. It does ship a lot of goals, but I think that is down to my in-experienced defenders more than anything.

I'm confident if I tried this with a decent team it would be un-stoppable. Good work fella.

Mines on automatic and I hardly ever get a positive response!

Yep, from what I saw of Hough's screenshots, his reputation was continental. Mine is currently (after picking automatic) regional, so my players aren't responding like they normally would, and like they would have for Hough. So I really do think that if it isn't working for you straight way, give it a blast with the highest reputation you can get and see how it goes then.

Am I the only one who thinks this is unbelievably stupid? You miss or forget one tiny thing during your manager creation and you're screwed for that entire save.

This is my take on the reputation. We are all wanting SI to design a very realistic Football Manager game. However, my question is this:

How realistic would be for Sunday League player to take on Barca or Inter?

If you take over a BBS squad it should be plausible. This is just my opinion though.

Also talking about realism in the game, from now on when i lose a game after having 7 ccc i will look at this: :))

http://i.imgur.com/aYFRj.jpg

This is my take on the reputation. We are all wanting SI to design a very realistic Football Manager game. However, my question is this:

If you take over a BBS squad it should be plausible. This is just my opinion though.

Also talking about realism in the game, from now on when i lose a game after having 7 ccc i will look at this: :))

I see it as a difficult setting, i find it much tougher starting with a lower reputation, and i wish people would test on sunday rep :)

Anyone had any success with this tactic in LLM? Was fancying a game down in the Northern League Division One for a change and wondering how this holds up.

So with this you're best bet is to have either a B2B or BWM on either side, but what do you put in the middle? My instinct is to place an anchor man type of player there due to his tactical movement, but are you supposed to chuck a BWM in the center aswell?

currently using it in the BSP with Chippenham, and seems to be going well, only problem really that I am having is its a little like watching Arsenal, trying to pass it into the net a little to often

Braga - Cluj in the CL earlier this season ended 0-2. Braga had 38 shots on goal (10 on target) against Cluj's 11 (2 on target - the 2 goals). They also had 71% possession. It was quite a frustrating night for Braga's attacking force!

For whoever asked about the lower leagues it has worked with me so far. First with Bristol Rovers and now with Dag & Red. I'm in my first season with Dag & Red, predicted to finish 22nd in the league, currently topping the table in mid October with a 5 point advantage over Brentford in 2nd, oh and unbeaten in the league. My only defeat came at home to Ipswich in the League Cup, but only after extra time and I had twice as many shots and CCCs as them.

I agree with whoever suggested having a target man type striker up front. Seems to work better than with your typical fast striker. I brought in James Collins on loan until the end of the season from Forest (they bought him from Swindon) and he has scored 8 in 14. My wingbacks have both scored a couple of goals each but it's one of my CMs who's also on top form, having scored 4 and assisted 7 in 14 matches.

Oh by the way I started with a Sunday League reputation. I just don't do any team talks (except occasionally telling them to relax or praising them when we've won by a few goals). Don't really see how it could have such a big effect on results as some are suggesting.

Braga - Cluj in the CL earlier this season ended 0-2. Braga had 38 shots on goal (10 on target) against Cluj's 11 (2 on target - the 2 goals). They also had 71% possession. It was quite a frustrating night for Braga's attacking force!

For whoever asked about the lower leagues it has worked with me so far. First with Bristol Rovers and now with Dag & Red. I'm in my first season with Dag & Red, predicted to finish 22nd in the league, currently topping the table in mid October with a 5 point advantage over Brentford in 2nd, oh and unbeaten in the league. My only defeat came at home to Ipswich in the League Cup, but only after extra time and I had twice as many shots and CCCs as them.

I agree with whoever suggested having a target man type striker up front. Seems to work better than with your typical fast striker. I brought in James Collins on loan until the end of the season from Forest (they bought him from Swindon) and he has scored 8 in 14. My wingbacks have both scored a couple of goals each but it's one of my CMs who's also on top form, having scored 4 and assisted 7 in 14 matches.

Oh by the way I started with a Sunday League reputation. I just don't do any team talks (except occasionally telling them to relax or praising them when we've won by a few goals). Don't really see how it could have such a big effect on results as some are suggesting.

I am sorry for Braga man.... I saw the game as i am CFR's fan. It was very unfair as it was CFR's draw against Galatasaray.. But after Paulo Sergio took charge they got beaten by Galatasaray 3-1. They tried to play openly without defending and lost big time.

I draw/lose so many matches in the second half: I mostly use the assistant for half time team talks, does anyone have any tips to improve?

When leading I usually say 'pleased! keep it up!' (calm) and it works wel.l It doesn't apply pressure which will cause nervousness like the 'don't get complacent' might do. It depends on your players though. I often add 'no pressure' to individuals if they are nervous or assertively say 'not good enough' if they have played poorly.

I am sorry for Braga man.... I saw the game as i am CFR's fan. It was very unfair as it was CFR's draw against Galatasaray.. But after Paulo Sergio took charge they got beaten by Galatasaray 3-1. They tried to play openly without defending and lost big time.

Haha I am Portuguese but not a Braga fan! Despite the stats you were very good on the counter attack and took your goals very well so Braga only have themselves to blame for not taking their chances. You did a good job.

That said I don't think it would happen twice and if Braga play like that again in Romania they should get the 3 points. I'm hoping you can get 3rd ahead of Galatasaray though :p

Anyway still unbeaten with Dag & Red and already in mid November! Got revenge against Ipswich in the Paint Trophy as well (they're in L1).

Great tactic! I have changed the targetman setting to 'to feet' and so far it has made a big difference. My strikers, who are both poacher types, often ended up being either offside, too close to the goalie or forced to finished with weaker foot, but now it's looking better. . 19-1 in goal difference since changing it and 7 goals from the striker in 4 games. Might be coincidental, but worth a try if the striker is not scoring.

Having done a full season with Fram in Iceland (a bit of a left-field selection, I know, but different testing grounds is a good thing I suppose) I thought I would let people know how the tactic did. And the answer is: incredible.

Fram were predicted to finish 7th in the Premier Division. Instead, we won the league, the Upper League Cup and the Icelandic Cup; the treble in season one.

Main striker Steven Lennon was top scorer in Iceland with 22 goals, while Alan Lowing, my WBR, was fairly prolific. Once my selection was settled and the tactic bedded in, the second half of the season was sensational.

Fixtures 1 of 2

league1sthalf.jpg

Fixtures 2 of 2

league2ndhalf.jpg

Final Premier Division

leagueb.jpg

All in all, hugely impressed. Kudos to Mr Hough and cheers KingEric07 for uploading FMC version.

Am planning to use this with Tom Tomsk, with whom I scraped into the Russian Premier in my first season. Would expect a tougher examination of the tactic, given the higher calibre of player in that league. Will perhaps report back. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Mr.Hough.

I started a game as united and it's doing much better and i've tried to stick as close to your suggested type of player.

My best midfielders are now Kagawa, Carrick, Nainggolan, S.Bender and Fletcher....how do you think I should play them? Who is the best dm and cm's for this type of tactic??

NB.

Also just saw what you wrote about the strength of the amc in this match engine. Just decided to have a little play about with a narrow 4231 with a balanced and control strategy. It seems to overload the opposition defence, its actually quite lovely. I also decided to use a control and balanced strategy to stop the opposition from just parking the bus in front of their box whilst i pass it around. My team kind of encouraged the opposition out and then the 3amcs just ripped them apart. Maybe its worth you having a look.

I only played 2 games with this tactic and my goal average is 5 :D I think the most important problem is middle CB, if he has not enough pace and marking and the opposition striker has good pace and finishing, you can concede more than one goals easily, for example in the friendly game against Bayern, that team have wilfried bony ( who has very good pace and finishing ) and i use as middle cb a potential superstar but his marking and pace is still progressing so he couldn't marked w.bony several times and then he scored. Currently i'm working on corners to make more goals because i have very tall players like lacina traore ( 2.03 cm ).

Ads_z.jpg

Ads_z1.jpg

P.S. No matter what the tactic does, you cannot and will not be able to go against this piece of **** engine when it decides it wants to bug and get you scored on. Most of the times i got scored on was because my WB got a pass and sat there looking at the ball wondering what to do with it, until it was stolen ... you cant fault Dave for SI's inability to create a good engine from release. Only mentioning it because a lot of people have complained, this tactic is as excellent to results oriented approach as you can get.

well said Sir, ridiculous defending and pedestrian keeper work seem to be the cause of every goal I concede. worst is when my keeper distributes a long ball straight to the other team and two passes later they have a 1 on 1 with the keeper.

mr hough, greetz from bohemia

resultsv.jpg

This game is really starting to **** me off. Seriously starting to wonder why I even bothered to buy it...

I'm managing Arsenal now, having flopped with liverpool

My team is as listed:

---------------Podolski---------------------

-----------------Cazorla-----------------------

-------Arteta---S.Bender-----Wilshere----------

Enrique Otamendi Vermaelen Metersacker Sagna

So as you can see its not a bad team by any means, and in relation to the suggested type of players I'm not too far off in most positions, if at all.

I'm not dominating teams like others in this forum are suggesting and i'm not winning games that I should be winning comfortably.

Can anyone provide some help? (let me know if you need anymore information to assist)

Not that it means much but in your place i would off: Mertesacker/Sagna completely. Get somebody thats faster in Mertes place more offensive in Sagnas place, somebody with 14 everywher will be better than just 18 in ace pace tackling imho. ALso Arteta/Wilshere is too soft of a mid. I would put cazorla in the mid bring up Wilshere and find somebody more Box2Box or BWM oriented to round up that midfield. Arteta could go in and revolve with Cazorla. I dont remember positions but couldnt u also put Podolski AMC and Giroud Striker?

Def Positioning and let the tactic gel i guess would be stating the obvious.

Frankly not that any of this might be of great assistance if your team gets in one of those bad romps. You know how the game can be.

All in all good luck m8,

well said Sir, ridiculous defending and pedestrian keeper work seem to be the cause of every goal I concede. worst is when my keeper distributes a long ball straight to the other team and two passes later they have a 1 on 1 with the keeper.

mr hough, greetz from bohemia

resultsv.jpg

I know so frustrating. 3rd season in with Chelsea lost to MIdlesborough in FA cup first round because of 3 hicups of the engine that led to me being scored 3 times.... damn ridiculous but oh well got to deal with it.

Dave i have a question i followed the suggestion of poster Eple Post#282 [Props for advice m8] and changed supply to feet and cavani/falcao have become beasts receiving the ball even in those situations where the box gets overloaded and previously we would just wait for that longshot or such. Is it possible that the Run On command made players not pass to striker unless he had space to move?

I dont know if it has worked for anyone else, but its worth a try. Falcao is absolute stormer btw even better than Cavani, although both good. Sold mata for 45 million and never regretted it.

Ok 2 seasons in with Chelsea im kinda new in the posting thing for the forum so i dont yet know how to post pictures.

First season Won Prem, FA cup lost to Arsenal in the capital cup, lost in CL [Mainly because bad winter transfers and such]. In league only had 2 losses 1 to Man City away and 1 to Tottenham away.

Second Season: Won everything, literally everything i had a part in. Finished the league with 2 draws and 1 loss. [Damn you MAN CITY]

A few tips that i found have been useful:

Defensive Positioning seems to work best in match prep i keep it at 1 point before max. For two reasons, A] i care more about results than the training of my youth squad, and B i never saw it really hurt anybody. I also tend to have less "Training Injuries" while my players don't train so much. As long as i dont see any down arrows i dont mind.

OI's: While not necessary needed having your center DC close and tight man mark that lone striker the AI likes to use and your wingbacks on their wingers [if they have any] And assuming of course they have the speed/workrate/stamina/anticipation to do so will ensure you almost always keep a 0 at the back.

Also i find that if your wing backs have decent finishing(heading helps also and positioning is crucial), and can use both feet to a decent degree they can become really tremendous goalscorers. Azplicueta and Baines both were in the top 10 goalscorers of the prem league both years. I am not suggesting you use opposite footed wing backs like Left Footed on the right because that makes them awkward at playing by the line, just try to find people decent with both feet. Not easy i know.

Midfield: Rounded out midfielders than can tackle/pass/shoot to a decent degree 14/15 have been best for me. De Rossi is great as a center MC but a bit slow so if you use someone with him get 2 fast people there. Speed is essential because those midfielders play both as AMCs and DMs going from the opponents third to your third constantly, and if they dally too long then you might find yourself open to a counterattack.

Striker: Cavani although an amazing striker i feel is wasted in this formation. The striker here [in my limited experience] is more of a DLF playing 1-2s with the AMC [in this case Eden Hazzard] and pulling defenders on him so the mid or the wb or the amc/mid can get the shot in and score. I know its a little frustrating the most expensive player on the field to not be getting all the fame, but results are still results.

Team talks i dont bother i find them pointless in FM13 i just cant understand them so i just leave them on my Ass Man.

If you find yourself lacking speed and being vulnerable to that 1 man on the counterattack, try dropping the 3 midfielders to DM position. It worked for me, although you need to make sure your striker up top is fast, because you effectively ensure that you will not be pushing hard much, just breaking the offside trap.

Also Dave, i noticed your corner instruction is on short, but most of the time, they end up doing near/far. I dont know if you knew this and it was intentional or not. Either way i found that if you do 6 yard you end up scoring a lot more. Nowhere near old bug levels just a lot more.

Also i cannot stress how slow to gel this tactic is and how important is that you wait until it gels fully. Mine did not jell until almost November [put it in right after community shield].

And as always as Dave said those stats matter a tremendous amount go make filters out of them and give it a season to gel you will see the turn around.

P.S. No matter what the tactic does, you cannot and will not be able to go against this piece of **** engine when it decides it wants to bug and get you scored on. Most of the times i got scored on was because my WB got a pass and sat there looking at the ball wondering what to do with it, until it was stolen ... you cant fault Dave for SI's inability to create a good engine from release. Only mentioning it because a lot of people have complained, this tactic is as excellent to results oriented approach as you can get. It is not the definition of beautiful football but it is definitely the winning titles style. My hat of to you Dave for another amazing creation.

Good luck on your 2 striker/ winger formations m8. Hope they are as good or better than this one since your usually capable of outdoing yourself. Msg me if you need any early testing done.

some useful tips there, also this might help you uploaded pics http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/92967-READ-ME-FIRST-PC-Mac-General-Discussion-Rules-Guidelines-Image-Posting-Tutorial-Help?p=6507977&viewfull=1#post6507977

Dave i have a question i followed the suggestion of poster Eple Post#282 [Props for advice m8] and changed supply to feet and cavani/falcao have become beasts receiving the ball even in those situations where the box gets overloaded and previously we would just wait for that longshot or such. Is it possible that the Run On command made players not pass to striker unless he had space to move?

I dont know if it has worked for anyone else, but its worth a try. Falcao is absolute stormer btw even better than Cavani, although both good. Sold mata for 45 million and never regretted it.

I'm loving the control in possession and the quality of the quick passing in this tactic, many thanks to Mr Hough.

However, I was finding goals to be at a premium; so I've tried the suggestion at post 282 by Eple too.

Edit.

Playing as Leeds with Ademilson as ST (poacher):

Using run on command 6 goals in 15 games.

Using supply to feet command 8 goals in 5 games.

So, thanks to Eple & doomdayer, there is certainly something in this.

Won Premier league - 24wins 7drawn 7lose (above MC and MU by 1 point!!!) and Euro Cup by using Newcastle, Capital Cup and FA cup was eliminated sadly. Only signed Ademilson as Chelsea bought my Demba ba for 7m(didn't know what happen). Cisse was my top scorer with 33goals and 7assists in 40apps. I play Ben Arfa behind Cisse and he has 14goals and 24assists in 47apps. Davide Santon has 13goals and 9assists in 51apps.

Anyone got any good signing recommendations for Newcastle? No idea where to strengthen the squad. Thanks.

Once again, thanks Dave for this awesome tactic!! Cheers :)

Won Premier league - 24wins 7drawn 7lose (above MC and MU by 1 point!!!) and Euro Cup by using Newcastle, Capital Cup and FA cup was eliminated sadly. Only signed Ademilson as Chelsea bought my Demba ba for 7m(didn't know what happen). Cisse was my top scorer with 33goals and 7assists in 40apps. I play Ben Arfa behind Cisse and he has 14goals and 24assists in 47apps. Davide Santon has 13goals and 9assists in 51apps.

Anyone got any good signing recommendations for Newcastle? No idea where to strengthen the squad. Thanks.

Once again, thanks Dave for this awesome tactic!! Cheers :)

Centre back and right back strengthen. Kurt Zouma is a must buy for any team

Archived