Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Hough

Mr Hough FM13 First Patch Tactics.

So far so good mate, never been a fan of downloading a tactic but went for this. Playing as Stalybridge and 3 wins on the bounce. I find if i'm getting had off with htrough balls I move the d line back. Also I find playing wingers pins the full backs down. Not having any joy with set plays though.

Do you guys assign playmaker and targetman or leave them unassigned?

Like to know this too, i haven't so far.

I guess since you underline the need of good players with high correct attributes this tactic will not work with bad team as I was hoping for.

But I'll give it a try anyways, and I guess we'll see.

Like to know this too, i haven't so far.

Not according to daves instructions, so i havent set them either. One tip, if you find yourself pushing too hard on the enemys third closing them in and only allowing yourself longshot chances instead of droping d line and allowing them shooting chances i drop the overall team mentality to normal or even defensive, i find that sets them back enough to keep your striker at the top of their area allowing space for that overlap/throughball to come through.

So far so good mate, never been a fan of downloading a tactic but went for this. Playing as Stalybridge and 3 wins on the bounce. I find if i'm getting had off with htrough balls I move the d line back. Also I find playing wingers pins the full backs down. Not having any joy with set plays though.

What players do you move to play wingers?

I'm glad the tactic is being recieved well, I must stress to try and buy players that match the attributes i have listed, They will help alot.

Theres a new patch out, Didn't even realise lol

No ME changes in this one. Just as well in a way would have been a bummer if it changed loads on release of your tactic and ****ed it up :p

No ME changes in this one. Just as well in a way would have been a bummer if it changed loads on release of your tactic and ****ed it up :p

That would have been a nightmare, I know there testing the New Match Engine, I'd love to help test it but they never listen

very good tattics I play as Napoli and suit my players very well 5 win 1 draw so far :)

What players do you move to play wingers?

Either my full back or I sub some true wingers on and set the to man mark.. Also doomdayers suggestion is good.

Either my full back or I sub some true wingers on and set the to man mark.. Also doomdayers suggestion is good.

If you move the Fullbacks into the Winger positon the tactic becomes extreamly unstable, I know this because i have tried a few times with original and different settings

Playing with Galatasaray, transfered just 2 players, Douglas(AMC) and Kleber(DL).

Well, played 12 game and won 10, conceded just 1 goal.Last words, thanks Dave.

dddd.jpg

Mr Hough, do you use any opposition instructions (either your own or your assistant manager's suggestions)?

Awesome. Beat Man City away 4-0, Chelsea at home 2-0 and all those tricky teams like Stoke, Wigan and Newcastle despatched easily in the first 10 games so far. Can also afford the luxury of resting teams in Europe and still win. (Playing as Liverpool).

I was having a poor 1st season with Q.P.R. But for the last 5 games of the season I tried this tactic and it went pretty well:

sfgglv.png

It seams like my wing backs are preforming like inside forwards.

Easily, easily the best tactic I've used so far for FM 2013. Can't remember the last time I've struggled so much with FM by the way. Thanks Mr Hough, great stuff.

7 matches with Bristol Rovers, 5 wins and 2 defeats. In one of the defeats I was down to 9 men after 40 minutes, but still only lost 1-2 and actually scored with 9 men. The other one was away to Dag & Red who were 2nd in the league at the time.

Loving this tactic Mr Hough! Nice start to my second season with Dinamo Zagreb.

1311985.jpeg

Great tactic. Very good defending, but not very good attack. Alot of 1-0, 2-1 wins, but I can't complain. A win is a win:)

Loving this tactic Mr Hough! Nice start to my second season with Dinamo Zagreb.

1311985.jpeg

Did you win the Champions League in the first season?

I noticed that you played the Super Cup against Fener.

1 thing I've noticed with this, it's good defensive wise, and attacking wise, but my striker doesn't score many, it's always the wing backs, especially my RWB, Fathi has 4 goals in 4 games I think, can't complain though, win's a win, very good tactic Hough!

only briefly tested it but liked what I saw! Best thing is the striker seems to have lots of chances to go one on one with the keeper which is something I failed to achieve in FM13 so far.

I dont have great wingbacks but I can see their tactical importance here, they're vital for good spacing and movement of other midfielders. Only thing I could say is AMC doesnt seem to be that effective, mostly playing simple passes and recyling possession but I guess I should wait players to fully learn tactic before saying this!

all in all very promising tactic, thanks mr hough :)

It looks like Lennon implemented your tactic before Barcelona game hehe. Good work Mr Hough!

Ok i now have about 30 [almost a season will post pics when finished] results with chelsea and this tactic. It has been fully gelled. Here is my feedback, i hope it helps you out dave in your quest to greatness.

Truth be told this is an amazing tactic. The only time it falls short is when it comes in direct conflict with the ME blessed goalkeepers who block 5-6-7 shots in a row using bicycle kicks or diving headers, or my favorite which is the blocking shots with the tip of their foot while they do an MMA inspired sweeping kick ;0

Anyways.

What has been crucial for me is Match Prep: Defensive Position. I tried everything out, attacking movement, set pieces, teamwork etc etc. Attacking movement gave me an insane number of shots sometimes around 40-60 a game. All the time from the usual shootout that takes place in the area but without any aspiring results translating in goals.

On the other hand since you have 8 players in that area your back 3 are vulnerable to a counterattack [especially considering the defensive AI] Defensive position alleviates that issue and also maintains the pressure on the enemy third. I find this to have been a tremendous help. Also you will notice [At least for me] that without that extra prep the middle defender was ussually anxious or nervous without any reason, irrelevant of who the player was.

So Match Prep: Def Pos

Also make sure your mid has some decent long shots, dont expect the majority of your goals to come from your striker unless you have a small team and you counter a lot, your wingbacks are really really threatening and with some nice stats they can dish out heavy punishment [They usually play as amazing inside forwards]

My most important advice if you dont put it in the preseason give it at least 20 games. the 3 defender formations Width is hard for your team to learn mid season so be patient.

Again Dave: Gorgeous tactic i mostly win 4-1 and 5-2 but at least for me Def Positioning was a tremendous help in raising my score just because of that added pressure.

Would there be scope for you to create this tactic for use in Football Manager Classic Mr Hough?

Would like to give it a whirl, given the constructive feedback, but tend to only play FMC due to time constraints.

The long ball over the top is proving a real problem, not figured out a way to defend it yet. Through balls also somewhat of an issue.

The long ball over the top is proving a real problem, not figured out a way to defend it yet. Through balls also somewhat of an issue.

I'm finding that too, dunno whether dropping the D line would sort it.

Am gonna try to not play offside and untick man mark for Centre CB. Dropping D line a little bit as well.

Am gonna try to not play offside and untick man mark for Centre CB. Dropping D line a little bit as well.

Report back how it does for you, may help other people if they're finding the same as us.

Def Positioning, along with a quick Center Defender should do the trick. Pace is important on your D line obviously and positioning is crucial along with anticipation.

5-2-3-1-1 ? , I would think the referee and FA would have a problem with that formation :D

A good solid tactic, but still I won't be using it because of the formation.

Am playing with Hajduk Split.

screenshotixa.png

Def Positioning, along with a quick Center Defender should do the trick. Pace is important on your D line obviously and positioning is crucial along with anticipation.

Got it on Def Positioning since I saw your post earlier mate, lost to Ipswich due to a through ball and a hoof up, so pulled back the D line, currently using Roger Johnson as my central defender, so not the quickest though, got Danny Batth and Christophe Berra either side of him.

Got it on Def Positioning since I saw your post earlier mate, lost to Ipswich due to a through ball and a hoof up, so pulled back the D line, currently using Roger Johnson as my central defender, so not the quickest though, got Danny Batth and Christophe Berra either side of him.

ouch i can feel the pain let me know how the deeper line works, im just thinking it will allow more longshots for the opposition. i have dropped Terry in order to have Cahil Ivanovich and Romeou for chelsea. Terry too slow and Luiz had no concept of posititioning. Of course sometimes they still catch you with that longball but you just hope your goalie stops it i guess :) Good Luck m8

ouch i can feel the pain let me know how the deeper line works, im just thinking it will allow more longshots for the opposition. i have dropped Terry in order to have Cahil Ivanovich and Romeou for chelsea. Terry too slow and Luiz had no concept of posititioning. Of course sometimes they still catch you with that longball but you just hope your goalie stops it i guess :) Good Luck m8

Had to improve my midfield/wing backs before my central defence, guess I'm just paying for that now, doesn't help that my keeper plays like he's missing his arms. I'm thinking if I drop the D line, then get the team to pressure them, they won't have the time for the long shots, might work, might not, will have to see. I don't expect to stop everything, cause then it'd be the perfect tactic, just don't wanna keep conceding from them every game! Hopefully it works for me, will report back in January and let people know how it's going :)

Anyone up to converting this to a version compatible for FMC?

Just copy and paste team and individual settings

Just tried creating the tactic for FMC by editing all the player positions and instructions. I haven't got time to check it yet so please feel free to point out mistakes. Thanks go to Mr. Hough for the tactic!

Mr Hough's Tactic for FMC:

http://depositfiles.com/files/rlx5ykze7[/b]"]http://depositfiles.com/files/rlx5ykze7

Yes by doing that, I have done so, don't know if its the same settings as yours because ur download link asks for my mobile number. Good luck with that!