Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Hough

Mr Hough FM13 First Patch Tactics.

I beat Barcelona in the first round knock out 1st leg as Sunderland at home 4-1. Totally dominated and i`m on a 7 game winning run since yesterday.

Nice. Which tactic you using?

Nice. Which tactic you using?

still using mr houghs 'feed me more' tactic and occasionally tinkering with the defensive line(lowering) a few notches when playing good sides and all seems to be going well. I did hit a 4 game losing streak in november but all is good atm

Just got flogged 4-1 by Barca in the 2nd leg but went through on penalties :)

I was going to RAGE massive if i lost as messi scored with 2 goals in the 2nd and 3rd minute of injury time...considering there was only suppose to be 1min extra.

Anyone know how to stop Gerrard hitting 40yard long shots when he could run clean through to the box?

Seems to be a common issue with the ME

How are things coming along Mr Hough?

Things are coming along nicely, I have the attack sorted but that is always the easy part, I am working on defence at the minute and just taking it one tweak at a time.

I'm undecided on either to go with 2 wingers or 3 Strikers, I like the wingers because they open the opposition back line so it's easier to get down there channels but the 3 STs have a lot of attacking power.

One thing i have noticed that 1-1 shots straight head on don't seem to be really effective so I'm looking ways to shoot on an angle rather than be head on with the Goal Keeper

Things are coming along nicely, I have the attack sorted but that is always the easy part, I am working on defence at the minute and just taking it one tweak at a time.

I'm undecided on either to go with 2 wingers or 3 Strikers, I like the wingers because they open the opposition back line so it's easier to get down there channels but the 3 STs have a lot of attacking power.

One thing i have noticed that 1-1 shots straight head on don't seem to be really effective so I'm looking ways to shoot on an angle rather than be head on with the Goal Keeper

When are you releasing this new tactic?

When are you releasing this new tactic?

Gonna be a while i'm still making it, I don't like to put a date on it but when it's close to the time i'll post screens etc

Go for 2 wingers. That will be a more realistic 3-4-3 formation. =)

Mr H, 2 wingers will do better in defense right? So I guess 2 winger tactic might be better since it will fit the bad and weak teams as well.

Your tactics for FM12 usually was really good with all type of teams, so I hope you can continue doing these types of tactics - Because seeing a tactic which only works when your team is big and good is no fun :(

Gonna be a while i'm still making it, I don't like to put a date on it but when it's close to the time i'll post screens etc

I'm not playing the game until your tactic is released. I fear my laptop will end up through a window if I do!

Give it a go. I changed from this tactic to a generic 4231 balanced/standard (with trequartista and poacher) and it's acctually doing just as good if not better. 12-2-0 since the patch and scoring roughly 3 goals a game and clean sheets in 8 of 14 games.

Mr H, 2 wingers will do better in defense right? So I guess 2 winger tactic might be better since it will fit the bad and weak teams as well.

Your tactics for FM12 usually was really good with all type of teams, so I hope you can continue doing these types of tactics - Because seeing a tactic which only works when your team is big and good is no fun :(

Well in FM12 Mr Hough had a 4-3-3 with three strikers that performed well with weaker sides aswell.

On a different note I'm still doing pretty well with Torino after the patch. Didn't perform over the top as I used to, but after trying to play without the offside trap at least I'm not getting torn apart with through balls as often and have since beaten both Milan and Roma away, undefeated after 7 games with 1 draw.

Give it a go. I changed from this tactic to a generic 4231 balanced/standard (with trequartista and poacher) and it's acctually doing just as good if not better. 12-2-0 since the patch and scoring roughly 3 goals a game and clean sheets in 8 of 14 games.

team? feel free to upload!

Not really much to upload, haven't done much to it. Playing as Aston Villa, but in 7th season so I have a very good team.

Player roles:

GK- D

FB -S

FB -S

LD - D

LD - D

DLP - D

AP - S

IF(L) - S (left footed seems to work best)

IF® - A

T - A

P - A

Team settings: balanced/standard

Every thing set to default and zonal marking.

Newcastle 3-0 win at home to Arsenal with Gareth's tweak. Still seems to work. Also the away tweak someone made isn't too bad either.

Was away to Man City (top of table) and went 3-0 down with "Feed Me More" but when I changed to the away tweak and changed strategy to Counter I made it back to 3-2 and very almost equalised in last minute.

I would definitely try messing about with the various tactics that have been posted in this thread as you may find them still not too shoddy with your team.

Mr Hough,

In my view, a 3-strikers system is easier if efficient enough. Here is why:

In FM, you've got plenty of good strikers, both young and old, chep or expensive whereas good wingers are not so easy to find.

When you realize that a lot of wingers can play upfront, you've got serious points to consider a 3 strikers tactic...

Will you upload this tactic? Seems to be great, what team are you?

Please upload the tactic mate ;)

Guys, he just said it's one of the standard tactics already in the game....

Not really much to upload, haven't done much to it. Playing as Aston Villa, but in 7th season so I have a very good team.

Player roles:

GK- D

FB -S

FB -S

LD - D

LD - D

DLP - D

AP - S

IF(L) - S (left footed seems to work best)

IF® - A

T - A

P - A

Team settings: balanced/standard

Every thing set to default and zonal marking.

I might give that a go myself, tbh. The inconsistancy of my Coventry side is doing my head in :D

me too actually, when I was younger I loved FM for making tactics, or trying to at least, but later on I discovered what I liked was managing the club itself, football to me is just a nice background

edit: also thanks hough Ive used ur tactics for quite some time now, and I know you will not fail us (no pressure intended :lol: )

Dave stick with 2 Wingers. The consensus on the new patch seems to be a 4-2-3-1 tactic is the best mix

Has there been a patch last night or something?!

Started a new save when the 13.1.3 patch came out using the original Feed Me More tactic. Was going great last night, played up until January 1st and the last game I played was away to Arsenal

2012-11-23_00001.jpg

Have come in to work this morning and have gone on this run!

2012-11-23_00002.jpg

Tearing my hair out!!!

Has there been a patch last night or something?!

Started a new save when the 13.1.3 patch came out using the original Feed Me More tactic. Was going great last night, played up until January 1st and the last game I played was away to Arsenal

Have come in to work this morning and have gone on this run!

Tearing my hair out!!!

Ahhh, the dreaded restart effect. Never stop playing when you're on a winning run ;)

i played with the feed me more, but since the start i used it, i moved the AMC as a striker, so it is a normal " 3-5-2 " with 2 wingerbacks as the normal tactic.. Anyway after patch tactic is still working great for me

Has anyone found tweaks to GR-tweaked version of MR.H's tactic? Tweaks that made GR-Tweaked version work after the patch that is.

Wait 'till Mr. Hough realeases his new tactic. It will solve problems for good.

Hope it will happen this week-end.

Wait 'till Mr. Hough realeases his new tactic. It will solve problems for good.

Hope it will happen this week-end.

Yes, I really want to continue my save, but at the moment there is no tactic working. So I really hope Mr. H release his magic rather soon that late.

Guys are you not giving Gareth's tweak a try? It is working almost just as well since the update patch as before it. Ill give it a few more games and post my results.

Jus the original one that he posted. Its strong at home, beat Arsenal 3-0 and Ipwish 4-1 in the cup with Newcastle. Away I flit between Gareths and the away hough tactic that was posted. Sometimes changing to counter if under pressure.

Just lost 2-0 away at Arsenal. As I say strong at home but away things aren't great.

I took the HC away tactic, dragged the AMC to the left striker position (adjusted so they were a standard up front two as the right striker was still central) and this is working great so far..........

I took the HC away tactic, dragged the AMC to the left striker position (adjusted so they were a standard up front two as the right striker was still central) and this is working great so far..........

Just used this approach and: Newcastle 6-1 Reading including a Demba Ba (left sided advanced forward role) hat-trick! Nice start but albeit against inferior opposition. Will continue testing.

Any chance someone can point me in the direction of this away tactic? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the thread, only Gareth's tweak.

Thanks.

Any chance someone can point me in the direction of this away tactic? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the thread, only Gareth's tweak.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what tactic the HC-Away one is either.

Results so far with the Hough away tweak:

Newcastle 6-1 Reading

Newcastle 2-0 Wolves (FA Cup)

Man Utd 3-1 Newcastle