Mr Hough FM13 First Patch Tactics.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its on post 456 in this thread

Gareth - Did you ever manager to work out a way to tighten up the defence on your tactic? I've been playing as Man U and destroy teams at home but playing away its very leaky. Superb tactic than won me the FA Cup and Champions League in first season. Had it not been for poor away performances I would have won a hell of a lot more..

Is anyone else having success with Gareths tactic? Just started using it myself.

I have one question though...is the target man supply supposed to be set "to feet" or "run onto ball" ?

On my game it comes up as "to feet" but that differs from the original team instructions of mr houghs tactic - which gareth said he hadnt changed.

I have been using it and I think its a great tactic. Lots of goals whilst still being good defensively, but as with any tactic you have to get the right players and it seems there is a lack of real quality wingbacks around so I am having to spend time re-training fullbacks to be wingbacks which takes time. All in all though a big thumbs up from me :thup:

Gareth - Did you ever manager to work out a way to tighten up the defence on your tactic? I've been playing as Man U and destroy teams at home but playing away its very leaky. Superb tactic than won me the FA Cup and Champions League in first season. Had it not been for poor away performances I would have won a hell of a lot more..

I am still trying to sort the defence out. I posted earlier today about a few changes that seem to be working with man utd and i have played about 20 games now so far and defence is ok while still scoring well. I have just started a forest save in the championship to test it with them. They have decent enough midfielders and centre backs but lack good wing backs so I am going to see how it works with them for a season with it first. Pre season gone ok including a 2-1 win at home to fiorentina.

Played three games with it since the update and it's looking even better.

I didn't concede many before with these tactic, but when I did it was often because my central defenders just stood still when a through ball was played to the opposition striker. Since that seems to have been corrected/improved, I have now managed to keep three clean sheets in three games. More impressively, I have allowed the opposition ONE clear cut chance in three matches!!

Let's see if it continues but it looks promising.

Tactic worked awsome for me. Managing Cardiff City, first season I got promoted from championship (2nd place) and lost FA cup final to Man city (used Koflok's goals galore) Even thou I got some great results the tactic was leaking goals when playing away, barely got wins when not playing on home soil so I knew I had to make changes for the premiership, So I gave the "feed me more" tactic a shot.

First season on promotion and I go on to win the Premier League! and got to the final in Euro cup, lost to Rennes, must say I was very unlucky to loose that match, own goal from my keeper(mistake) and created more and dangerous chances in the game. But still cant complain. Very happy. Didnt make any major transfer because I didnt have the budget to do it, I bought Bellusci from Catania for £7,5m. The most important part in the game is I guess the team talk, when you can master that and have a good tactic it really takes you far.

*Playing the Euro cup was due to the fact that I got to FA cup final and Man City already was qualified for CL.

The league:

http://s1343.beta.photobucket.com/user/kifflo/media/Skaumlrmavbild2012-11-20kl101346.png.html?sort=3&o=3

Fixtures:

http://s1343.beta.photobucket.com/user/kifflo/media/Skaumlrmavbild2012-11-20kl101409.png.html?sort=3&o=1

Squad:

http://s1343.beta.photobucket.com/user/kifflo/media/Skaumlrmavbild2012-11-20kl101354.png.html?sort=3&o=2

Transfers:

http://s1343.beta.photobucket.com/user/kifflo/media/Skaumlrmavbild2012-11-20kl101529.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Praising leadership:

http://s1343.beta.photobucket.com/user/kifflo/media/Skaumlrmavbild2012-11-20kl101057.png.html?sort=3&o=4

Performing miracles:

http://s1343.beta.photobucket.com/user/kifflo/media/Skaumlrmavbild2012-11-20kl100956.png.html?sort=3&o=5

ive been using gareths update which has worked really well for me, since the update ive played a few games and hasnt really worked....im playing Hamburg, and lost to Hoffenheim 2-1 (my goal came from a defender mistake) and 2-0 to Hannover away, I did manage to beat City 2-1 in the CL, so it may not be all bad...heres hoping to Mr Hough making a three striker formation lol

I'm currently doing a career save with Rangers, With a new tactic that i have made, I'm battering teams in my division and also teams in the first Division in my cup games, I only lost 1-0 to a Full strength Celtic side and i Domianted them and took them to Extra Time too. This was all before the new Match Engine.

The patch seems to have made the tactic better Defensivly because of the new Match Engine, I'm gonna test in the Premiership and also in the Championship but going really really well with Rangers so far.

The new formation is a 3-2-2-2-1 3 Centerbacks - 2 Wingbacks - 2 Central Midfielders - 2 Wingers - 1 Central ST.

I'll keep you informed as how i get on today.

I'm currently doing a career save with Rangers, With a new tactic that i have made, I'm battering teams in my division and also teams in the first Division in my cup games, I only lost 1-0 to a Full strength Celtic side and i Domianted them and took them to Extra Time too. This was all before the new Match Engine.

The patch seems to have made the tactic better Defensivly because of the new Match Engine, I'm gonna test in the Premiership and also in the Championship but going really really well with Rangers so far.

The new formation is a 3-2-2-2-1 3 Centerbacks - 2 Wingbacks - 2 Central Midfielders - 2 Wingers - 1 Central ST.

6:19am?! Now that's dedication!

MATCH ENGINE

v1313

· Refined position of d-line and also the lines in front of it when defending

· Brought wingers a bit deeper when defending

· Weaker players more likely to favour direct passes quicker

· Improved short pass accuracy slightly

· Tried to increase number of crosses slightly

· Fine-tuned shot accuracy

· Fixed some minor player on ball decision bugs

· Improved trajectory of medium length kicks like free kick shots and corners

· Made players better at offering out ball to team mate

· Tried to improve player reactions to deflected balls or tackles

· Made players more willing to slide tackle when opportunity and need arises

· Fixed some unnatural save directions from keepers

· Fixed keepers trying to save ball at wrong point when its heading for post or bar

· Made players slightly better at turning body while on the run

· Made strongest player stand ground when 2 players collide while going for a header

· Made goal celebration paths a little bit more varied

· Fixed commentary saying ball well wide when not really that far wide

· Some ball physics collision tweaks

· Some team talk fixes

v1314

· Further tuned team shape and d-line position when defending

· AM strata now comes back to defend unless set to "all-out attack"

· Made d-line shift up when opposing player with ball is successfully pressed

· Made d-line shift back quicker when attacking player is running with pace at them with the ball

· Some tweaks to marking of opponents in own area

· Fixed defenders shifting across as full back engages winger in last third causing bad shape

· Tried to reduce instances of players heading ball they could control a split second later

· Some minor fixes relating to player interception of ball

· Some refinements to off ball movement around ball player

· Some general tweaks to pass choice and on ball decision making

· Some more minor keeper save fixes

· Fixed some instances of woodwork hit not being registered

· Fixed player not waiting to get up before running off to celebrate after scoring a diving header

v1315

· Fixed ultra-rare crash when player shoots from close range

· Further small refinements to on ball decisions and pass choice

· Improved direct free kick trajectory slightly

· Improved crossing aim AI

· Fine-tuned pass and shot accuracy slightly

· Improved player reaction and awareness of ball generally

· Improved defensive tracking of player running with ball

· Slight reduction of player reaction time to fast curling balls

· Slight reduction of player reaction time when ball a long way away from them especially if not facing it

· Improved defender lateral positioning when defending wide ball

· Fixed winger not staying wide when asked to hug touchline and ball on his side in advanced position

· Goalkeeper should narrow the angle better when a play is running at him at speed

· Goalkeepers should try to move under the ball path even if they think they can't reach it.

· Fixed a bug where the keeper fails to catch a ball if it has just hit the crossbar/post

· Fixed keeper turning ball over bar described as turning it round post

· Fixed some player collision avoidance issues

· Fixed a bug where an offside is given instead of a free kick for a foul

· Stop a rare teleport bug with goal celebrations

· Fixed animation issues whilst player argues with ref

· Fixed small anomaly in team selection AI

v1316

· Fixed bug causing players to occasionally react too late to pass

· Improved pressing of opponents slightly

· Made players more willing to go for a riskier interception if ball receiver is in a goal scoring position

· Tweaked keeper positioning when facing down attacker

· Reduced pointless passing slightly

· Fine-tuned chance of speculative passes slightly

· Refine kick inaccuracy algorithm slightly

v1317

· Fixed defenders not turning quick enough when tracking player running onto through ball

· Reduced likelihood of players making pass when in clear cut shooting position

V1318

· Fixed keepers not reacting to powerful close range shots

MATCH ENGINE

v1313

· Refined position of d-line and also the lines in front of it when defending

· Brought wingers a bit deeper when defending

· Weaker players more likely to favour direct passes quicker

· Improved short pass accuracy slightly

· Tried to increase number of crosses slightly

· Fine-tuned shot accuracy

· Fixed some minor player on ball decision bugs

· Improved trajectory of medium length kicks like free kick shots and corners

· Made players better at offering out ball to team mate

· Tried to improve player reactions to deflected balls or tackles

· Made players more willing to slide tackle when opportunity and need arises

· Fixed some unnatural save directions from keepers

· Fixed keepers trying to save ball at wrong point when its heading for post or bar

· Made players slightly better at turning body while on the run

· Made strongest player stand ground when 2 players collide while going for a header

· Made goal celebration paths a little bit more varied

· Fixed commentary saying ball well wide when not really that far wide

· Some ball physics collision tweaks

· Some team talk fixes

v1314

· Further tuned team shape and d-line position when defending

· AM strata now comes back to defend unless set to "all-out attack"

· Made d-line shift up when opposing player with ball is successfully pressed

· Made d-line shift back quicker when attacking player is running with pace at them with the ball

· Some tweaks to marking of opponents in own area

· Fixed defenders shifting across as full back engages winger in last third causing bad shape

· Tried to reduce instances of players heading ball they could control a split second later

· Some minor fixes relating to player interception of ball

· Some refinements to off ball movement around ball player

· Some general tweaks to pass choice and on ball decision making

· Some more minor keeper save fixes

· Fixed some instances of woodwork hit not being registered

· Fixed player not waiting to get up before running off to celebrate after scoring a diving header

v1315

· Fixed ultra-rare crash when player shoots from close range

· Further small refinements to on ball decisions and pass choice

· Improved direct free kick trajectory slightly

· Improved crossing aim AI

· Fine-tuned pass and shot accuracy slightly

· Improved player reaction and awareness of ball generally

· Improved defensive tracking of player running with ball

· Slight reduction of player reaction time to fast curling balls

· Slight reduction of player reaction time when ball a long way away from them especially if not facing it

· Improved defender lateral positioning when defending wide ball

· Fixed winger not staying wide when asked to hug touchline and ball on his side in advanced position

· Goalkeeper should narrow the angle better when a play is running at him at speed

· Goalkeepers should try to move under the ball path even if they think they can't reach it.

· Fixed a bug where the keeper fails to catch a ball if it has just hit the crossbar/post

· Fixed keeper turning ball over bar described as turning it round post

· Fixed some player collision avoidance issues

· Fixed a bug where an offside is given instead of a free kick for a foul

· Stop a rare teleport bug with goal celebrations

· Fixed animation issues whilst player argues with ref

· Fixed small anomaly in team selection AI

v1316

· Fixed bug causing players to occasionally react too late to pass

· Improved pressing of opponents slightly

· Made players more willing to go for a riskier interception if ball receiver is in a goal scoring position

· Tweaked keeper positioning when facing down attacker

· Reduced pointless passing slightly

· Fine-tuned chance of speculative passes slightly

· Refine kick inaccuracy algorithm slightly

v1317

· Fixed defenders not turning quick enough when tracking player running onto through ball

· Reduced likelihood of players making pass when in clear cut shooting position

V1318

· Fixed keepers not reacting to powerful close range shots

I don't pay any attention to this, I try and work things out for myself

Yey, patch out and now Mr. H - The King of tactics is working around the clock for us to be able to play and have fun =)

You're doing a fantastic job Mr. H ! When you go to bed each day, I want you to remember how many of us who really appreciate what you're doing.

Yey, patch out and now Mr. H - The King of tactics is working around the clock for us to be able to play and have fun =)

You're doing a fantastic job Mr. H ! When you go to bed each day, I want you to remember how many of us who really appreciate what you're doing.

I second that. I've always found Mr.Hough's tactics to be the best of FM forums. Can't wait to try the next one for this new patch update.

It's half and half for me. I'm suffering from the excessive injuries people have been mentioning. I'm also seeing the defence completely collapse now. We get mullered 4-0 at half time away but usually come back. It's producing silly results like 4-3, 5-4 etc. I didn't think it would be that whacky from such an update but what do I know!?

This tactic seems to have lost it's shine with the new ME, at least for me..

I used to dominate matches with my short passing, making my wingbacks go forward and move into the box, but now with the new ME, it seems I can only score on counter attacks

This tactic seems to have lost it's shine with the new ME, at least for me..

I used to dominate matches with my short passing, making my wingbacks go forward and move into the box, but now with the new ME, it seems I can only score on counter attacks

Going to agree here. I've been doing a game over and over to see what's going on. It seems every single shot on target is flying in regardless of keeper/defence quality for that one match. C'est a l'vie. I'll ignore it and move on I suppose, but then I'm going to go ahead and delete the save file. I think I'm gonna go back to FM12 and stay there until the final version of 13 is out and if it's not workable it's back to scrounging off other people's tactics I suppose or just sticking with 12.

I genuinely let myself get fooled by SI this year for the first time since 08, I think it's probably best never to buy another FM again unless its for a fiver from online sales. I'm sure they won't miss the money anyway with their apparent fanbase.

@_@

This tactic has lost abit of it's as they all do when a new patch comes out.

I'll keep you all informed on any furture tactics from me.

It basically lost everything of the defensive work. Too bad, Had a great run with Cardiff City, won PL, bought in new players and now its useless, haha SI ruined my savegame =P. well well. Time to try somethin new.

How's GR tweak working ? And the other tweaks of this tactic? Anyone experienced with results after the patch ?

Since the patch my teams' performances have been terrible. I'm in the second season of the game and before the patch I was 4th in the Prem with Forest. I'm now languising around midtable and falling quickly. We used to play great football, dominate possession and create lots of chances. Now the match highlights fly by with hardly any attacking plays for me, and the opposition always look like their going to score when they go forward.

I'm playing as Ängelholm in Sweden. Im in my second season in the highest league and my squad is probably the worst in the league(finished the first season one place above relegation spot). The first game with the new patch I lost 7-0 away. But after that I've played 8 games and lost 1 and drawn 2. The tactic does not create as good chances as before and the fullbacks are basically nowhere near being as good as with the last ME.

However the tactic feels better defensively and even though the opposition always win the ball percentage I seem to have the more dangerous chances.

Rangers????? i might have to find a new tactics hero for FM. lol

Archived