Anyone managed to buy Messi?

That's FM 12 though. I've signed him in FM12 on a free.

There was a bug where Messi wouldn't sign a new contract due to irrational wage demands, and as the contract expired the demands were lessened - you usually had to tie up his contract with about a month left.

If the person playing that game had seen that Messi is available for free they might have been able to offer him more wages than Barca were willing to pay. He's on 275k a week there at chelsea - Barca might have only offered 200k for example.

I don't think you can sign him in FM13 - same with Neymar - both have said they are happy with there respective clubs and won't leave. Until that changes, good luck.

Wouldn't say the same for Neymar - Man Utd signed him at the start of my second season for around £40m. As for Messi - I can't understand why you'd want to sign him to be honest, his wages would be rediculous and that's before you look at what fee barca would be willing to accept!

Yeh I've seen others sign him actually. Perhaps it was because I was Spurs and didn't have enough Reputation.

Pity that as I won't start with a big team - can't see him leaving Santos though - he personally said he wouldn't.

Well they have Europe don't they.

In previous versions I bought Neymar with Leeds in my 2nd season (promoted to EPL and in Europa due to winning cup).

now that's highly unlikely. Neymar signing for Leeds ? what have you been smoking ?

It's possible, in my man utd save there was a takeover in 2014 clearing the debt so by 2015 my transfer budget rocketed to 350m, I could have signed Messi for 180mil, he wanted 400k wages, 20mil signing fee and agent fee, 45k appearance and goal bonus so I decided not to get him. Obtainable though with a big enough budget.

it is impossible:

1. messi wages are insane

No kidding- granted, he's probably the best player in the game, but I'm playing as Betis, and Messi makes more than my entire first team.

in fact i managed to do it with liverpool in 2016 when he was 29 i think. paid barcelona like 120 millions and over 400k wages.

Could have signed him with manchester united in 2014 in another game too but i went for cristiano ronaldo instead.

It seems like the only things you need to sign him are:

a) a lot of money (win things and you get money)

b) having high rep (i won the champions a couple of times in the liverpool game and one time in the manchester united game)

cheers

Neymar has been transfer listed in both my saves and if you really want to sign him there is a cheeky way to get the price lower, I got him for 35mil using this method and with more patience you could get that down to 30 or even 25, this also works for any transfer listed player listed by request as far as i can gather. Usually they start out asking for about 55 mil for him so simply make a bid for his value, they will try to negotiate, turn this down and wait a week or so, his asking price will lower to about 45 mil, keep doing this until you get to a reasonable price. Obviously this wont work all the way down to 5 mil but it works to roughly a players true value. Be aware that this could backfire and the club and player could resolve their differences and he could come off the transfer list in which case its 60 mil at least for Neymar

I got Neymar in the January 13/14 transfer window with Man Utd, lots of endorsing him and talk. Made him request a transfer and managed to get him on deadline day for £36 million. Been worth every penny

Messi is a nightmare to get but I finally got him in 2016. I guess winning the champions league every year tempted him away. He cost £44 million, and is on £275k a week

Did a test (so it isn't particularly realistic) with a team at 10k rep. Messi IS signable at this rep level for his minimum fee release clause (£217m) - he asked for £300k per week. He is much easier to sign than on FM12 (the same was attempted on 12, couldn't agree wages with him at all)

now that's highly unlikely. Neymar signing for Leeds ? what have you been smoking ?

100% plausible, I had Gotze, Hazard, Aguero & Ganso at Leeds on FM12, all signed 2-4 seasons into the game. Once you qualify for CL, none of those types of players (wage demands allowing, clearly) as impossible.

That's FM 12 though. I've signed him in FM12 on a free.

There was a bug where Messi wouldn't sign a new contract due to irrational wage demands, and as the contract expired the demands were lessened - you usually had to tie up his contract with about a month left.

If the person playing that game had seen that Messi is available for free they might have been able to offer him more wages than Barca were willing to pay. He's on 275k a week there at chelsea - Barca might have only offered 200k for example.

I don't think you can sign him in FM13 - same with Neymar - both have said they are happy with there respective clubs and won't leave. Until that changes, good luck.

Managed to sign Neymar to Arsenal in January second season, wish I didn't though.

it is impossible:

1. messi wages are insane

2. barcelona is the highest rep club in the club.

3. messi loyalty is 100% and he likes barca as club.

rubbish

2. this can change during a save

3. in theory this could also change if he started to be mismanaged/treated badly (unrealistic i know but, not impossible!)

Archived