Sports Interactive Community
Candre168

Do you feel FM13 is an improvement over FM12?

Do you feel FM13 is an improvement over FM12?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel FM13 is an improvement over FM12?

• Yes, it is an improvement.
    • No, this year's game is worse.
    • Indifferent

I'm not being critical. I just want to know. Surely SI can handle a bit of customer feedback? For all we know it could be positive.

I'm not being critical. I just want to know. Surely SI can handle a bit of customer feedback? For all we know it could be positive.

That is what the feedback thread is for.

That is what the feedback thread is for.

As of now, the poll is swung well in the favour of FM13 being a massive improvement. If you read threads around here you'd think the opposite. It's completely different seeing things as a poll ...

Yes, biggest leap in a while. Been the first to rightly criticise and complain at what has been a glorified data update in the past, but they've really tried to address the issues this time round and mainly with the ME. We're probably one or two iterations away from a ME that's as intelligent as it is satisfying to play against instead of the loophole ridden unrealistic version we've used in the past couple of years.

Just on the Demo - Can't get used to the layout, too much change, as for the Match Engine - Its like some crazy pinball game, with every team (Tours, MBoro, Notts County, Espanyol all playing like Barcelona against me (Arsenal) in the pre-season friendlies..........can't buy a player for toffee, nor sell half the squad, players pinging it around the pitch, but can't control a 5 yard pass, lousy shooting, (Giroud being upset for NOTHING) injuries galore, oh and two sendings off in the first match...against spurs...........

Oh and this stupid DLC from steam - garbage......

The only thing i want from DLC - is a huge official database from 1992-2002 as an allstar game.......... with the fully patched FM07 or FM10 engine..........and less ambiguous (need to be sigmund freud) team talks......or a 1990 players onwards Retro using CM03-04 updated for windows 7 (runs horrid without XP)

Verdict on FM13 - rubbish - unless some major patch improves the game, I won't be buying this (first time I would have missed one since 2009)

You think this poll would show a negative response?

For every post here where someone complains there are several where people address those complaints. Add to that that there are enough people lurking who don't have an axe to grind but are looking around for data.... I'd expect a positive poll personally.

The game went backwards for gameplay but I like other stuff like the new layout etc. However this ME is poor and desperately needs to be fixed as it's ruining any enjoyment.

Overall I kind of feel like FM12 was better, gameplay was decent and so was layout, but then I'll wait on patches for this to see if it can be changed. So far though, not too impressed.

As of now, the poll is swung well in the favour of FM13 being a massive improvement. If you read threads around here you'd think the opposite. It's completely different seeing things as a poll ...

People only tend to post when they think there's a problem that's why. People that are enjoying the game tend to be reading, not posting!

Improved transfer system

Improved training system

Improved team management.

Pretty much improved every-little-thing that makes us love the game.

but...

Insufficient interface. Took 5 steps back. Layout might be decent, but it's clearly unfinished. Can't seem to check other teams easily, quicksearch is gone etc

Far worse matchday experience. Can't check other game results, ruined way you see post-match stats etc.

Incomplete ME. I feel they rushed here. While some ball physics have improved, some other are unrealistic. Ball moves really fast on every occasion rather than slowing down when necessary and I've seen some "lobbed" freekicks hit the post so many times, a shot that was looking destined to kill a few pigeons. Defences are weird too.

It has its good and its bad aspects. But if I had a choice, I'd pick FM12 now. FM13 seems to have lost the FM series addictiveness. Didn't play in the last 36 hours and I'm not going crazy... something's wrong here.

My favorite game is FM08 because it was so easy. But this one is really good, and looks very nice. So this is probably the best game so far. 09 was the worst in my opinion.

I like the new features and the way the game plays and feels. It does need a bit of tweeking, but overall I enjoy it more. Having said that, I still play FM12 due to a few long term saves that I want to continue with. But I do already miss some of the new features of the game when playing FM12. Also, I'm thoroughly enjoying the challenges with FM13 too!:thup:

Everything about the game is better, until you get to a match. Which is an issue really.

+1.

So i´m going with FM 12.2.2 at this moment.

Waiting for a new ME patch for FM13.

Fm11/12 have given me the most woeful seasons and matches so far, so I don't think anything could be worse than those. I even tried getting into them recently,but second match of the season I have the referee taking 6 minutes to blow the whistle,after calling +2. On top of that, he gives a penalty to the other team at 94. A few matches later I get a red card from a dive and I'm all like, "oh FM,you never change and stop your ****". To keep it short,yes, these things do happen in football, but they don't happen to one team alone. The amount of controversial things happening to the user is just nuts.

Which is exactly why I won't be buying FM13 either until I get a very good view at how polished or good it is. I feel ripped off for 2 years in a row, thus I'm sticking to the trusted and solid FM10 for now.

Played every version of CM and FM and i feel FM2013 is the best version since CM01/02 without a doubt.

AN EXCEPTIONALLY MASSIVE THUMBS UP FOR SI! :thup:

In short: Yes.

Training is better, scouting is better, and most importantly; the match engine is better. Don't know about the general AI yet.

If they manage to remove "randomness" effect it will be better but for now it is not realistic.

ME has some rough edges.

That's a massive understatement.

I can't recall seeing such a bugged ME in any FM. That's not to say it won't be good after a patch or two, but I do worry how they're going to fix it all as there is so much to fix. Maybe 2014 might be the finishes article.

Everything about the game is better, until you get to a match. Which is an issue really.

This sums it up for me.

This game with ME from FM2012 would be perfect. But that is not possible, so i have to wait a few more weeks until SI fix some issues in this year ME.

Once they fix those issues, FM2013 will be so much better when compare with any older version.

The game itself is an improvement, the match engine & AI (rewritten) are too buggy for release.

One thing I don't really like is the way the training is now. I used to like arranging my own schedules with the sliders.... telling them to do more shooting, concentrate on set pieces etc now all I seem to be able to do is tell people what to focus on........

Also

Have they allowed a player to be taken off if injured (dragging him off the pitch) when all subs are used?? That stopped me in my tracks (just wouldn't let me out of the teamtalk screen in extra time).......on FM2012 - made me have to go back to beginning of season

I havent voted as its basically two games. A brilliantly presented,well thought layout mixed with a terrible, non-rewarding and frustrating ME. So big improvements and backward steps either way, unfortunately for me a manager game with a bad ME is useless.

Yup, that's why they have an official feedback thread. :)