FC Petržalka 1898 - Restoring former glories one youth product at a time.

Mand312

Game info:

Version: FM2013

Database: Large

Leagues loaded: Slovakia division 1 and 2

I am attempting to return FC Petrzalka back to the top of Slovakia, and eventually the world, using only players produced by the clubs youth facilities.

Slovakia are ranked 56th in the world, and currently have 1 Champions League slot (entering in the second qualifying round) and 3 UEFA cup spots (2 entering in the Second Qualifying round and 1 in the 1st Qualifying round). The second league has 12 teams, with 2 relegation spots and 1 promotion spot.

200px-Fc_petr%C5%BEalka_1898.png

Nation: Slovakia

Year Founded: 1898

Stadium: Rapid BA (3000, 820 seated)

Corporate Facilities: Adequate

Training Facilities: Adequate

Youth Facilities: Basic

Youth Recruitment: Average

Club Colours: Black and White

Chairman Status: Enjoying Life at the Club

Legends: Vladimir Weiss, Juraj Cobej

Icons: None

Favoured Personnel:None

Fierce Rivals: None

Other Rivals: Slovan Bratislava

Finances: Okay

Average Ticket Price: £1.00

Average Season Ticket Price: £9

Season Ticket Holders: 466

Estimated Value: £200k

Continental Competition: None

Media Prediction: 10th

Squad Personality: Fairly Loyal

Captain: Emil Stranianeck

Manager: Mand312

History:

FC Petržalka 1898 is a Slovak football club based in Bratislava. In the 2009/2010 season the club played in the Corgoň Liga, after finishing last, the club was relegated to the Slovak First League.

The club plays its home matches at Štadión Rapid in Prievoz – part of Bratislava. The club's home ground, which is Štadión Petržalka, is not currently in use. But a new stadium is being built, located in Ovsište, part of Bratislava Petržalka. The team wears white and black striped shirts.

The club, founded in 1898, initially played in the regional Hungarian league. Since the establishment of the top flight Slovak league in 1993 Artmedia has been its constant member. The club achieved its biggest success in the mid 2000s (decade), while playing under the coach Vladimír Weiss. The club won the Corgoň Liga title in 2005 and later qualified for the group stage of the Champions League, where it achieved the biggest success of all the Slovak clubs. Later, in 2008 the club won the double, but during the next season most of the squad left the club.

They famously reached the lucrative group stages of the UEFA Champions League in 2005–06 after wins over Kairat Almaty, Celtic and Partizan Belgrade. They beat Almaty 4–3 on aggregate in the 1st qualifying round despite a 2–0 defeat in the first leg. However it was on 27 July 2005 that they made their mark on the tournament, producing one of the shock results of Champions League history as they beat 2003 UEFA Cup finalists and 1967 European Cup winners Celtic 5–0 in the first leg of their Champions League 2nd qualifying round match. The stunned Celtic side could not quite recover, only managing to win the return leg 4–0, and Artmedia held on to progress in the tournament. On 23 August 2005 they clinched a place in the group stages after overcoming Serbian powerhouse Partizan Belgrade 4–3 on penalties after a 0–0 aggregate scoreline thus becoming the second Slovak club after 1. FC Košice in 1997–98 to reach the coveted Champions League proper. Their success was even more remarkable considering Artmedia's entire annual budget is just over £1m.

Artmedia also made history by becoming one of the first two clubs ever to advance from the first qualifying round into the Champions League group stage. The other club to do so was 2004–05 winners Liverpool, who were given a special entry into the first qualifying round of the 2005–06 event, and joined Artmedia in the group stage.

Artmedia played their Champions League fixtures at the Tehelné pole ground of crosstown rivals Slovan Bratislava because their own ground does not meet UEFA standards for Champions League play.

On 28 September 2005, Artmedia made history once again by becoming the first Slovak side to collect a point in the Champions League group stage (in the eighth attempt by a Slovak side to do so). In another famous upset, they came back from a 2–0 first-half deficit to defeat 2004 Champions League winners Porto 3–2 at Porto's home ground.

Eventually, they finished third in the group, parachuting them into the UEFA Cup, but not before missing a late chance to score a goal in the return fixture against Porto that would have sent them to the round of 16 at Rangers' expense.

In December 2005 the goalkeeper Juraj Čobej underwent a complicated brain surgery attempting to remove a malign tumor. Fortunately, he has fully recovered and has already stood a firm ground in goal during the first rounds of the 2006–07 season.

Artmedia lost the home leg of their UEFA Cup round of 32 tie with Levski Sofia 1–0 and were knocked out of the tournament after an away defeat of 2–0.

After the successful season the coach Vladimír Weiss left to FC Saturn Ramenskoe. Several players left the club, among others Ján Ďurica to FC Saturn Ramenskoe, Balázs Borbély to 1. FC Kaiserslautern and Blažej Vaščák to Treviso FBC.

The club reassigned Vladimír Weiss as head coach for the 2007–08 season. Some of the players came back, the club's captain Ján Kozák returned from a loan at WBA, Aleš Urbánek, Branislav Fodrek and Branislav Obžera returned, and the new faces in the club, among others, included Czech fullback Radek Dosoudil, Brazilian midfielder Cléber and Czech striker Zbyněk Pospěch.

The club went on to win the title in the Slovak league for the second time, beating rivals MŠK Žilina in the important matches and in the final table as well. Before the new season the club owner Ivan Kmotrík and the main sponsor left the club, which left later impact on the team. During the UEFA Champions League 2008-09 qualification round Artmedia won over Valletta F.C. and Tampere United, but lost to Juventus, with which the club suffered 0–4 loss in the first leg and later only drew 1–1. During the next stages several players left the club (4 of the to local rivals ŠK Slovan Bratislava).

Prior to the 2009–10 season a huge number of players left the club, most of them were replaced by youngsters and players from the defunct club Inter Bratislava.

[Wikipedia]

The Squad: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/Petrzalka/Squad2012petr.png

Goalkeepers

GKpetr2012.png

Probably my weakest position, probably not the best position to have as your weakest when you can't sign anyone. I have potential to grow here, Kanuk will probably take over from Hrdina sooner rather tan later, and Brienza will be where my hopes lie for the future, with the potential to be a leading second division goalkeeper.

Defenders

Defprtr2012.png

3 competent left backs is a bit of an issue, as their ability would be useful in other less able positions. I'm retraining them to be more versatile, especially with their only being 1 able right back at the club. Central defence is the strongest position at the club, and to make the most of this I will be playing 5 at the back most games. Fiyashko looks the pick of the bunch, the Ukranian will hopefully lead from the back.

Midfielders

MFPetyr2012.png

Central midfield looks pretty woeful, and as of yet no youngsters are knocking on the door, Durica is past it according to my assistant, so things are going to be difficult going whilst I await some through the ranks. The wings look strong, Lesko looks like he might be able to carry me for a few seasons.

Strikers

STpetr2012.png

Stevko will most likely lead the line alone for the majority of the season, Kebe looks acceptable for this level and Hecko will have time to grow. Hopeful Stevko can play well for a season or two, but age will soon be against him.

The season has kicked off, and so far so good.

Petrzalka 1 v 0 Zlate Moravce

(Riziky, 88)

A close encounter which looked to be heading to a draw before Riziky picked up the ball in the 88th minute and hammered it in from 20 yards.

Formation: 5-4-1

Man of the Match: Rizicky (on as a sub in the 60th minute)

Dubnica 1 -0 Petrzalka

An early sending off for Durica made life very difficult, and we couldn't hold on.

Petrzalka 1-1 Samorin

(Stevko,61) (Ponkac,41)

A game we should have won, but poor defending from set pieces cost us three points.

Formation: 4-1-3-2

Petrzalka 3-2 Lucenec

Novisedlak,51 Beno, 82

Stevko, 77 Higor, 90

Riziky, 79

A game we dominated, but seemed to switch off after going 3-0 up.

Formation: 4-1-3-2

Man of the Match: Novisedlak

Slovakian Cup 1st Round

Lucenec 0-1 Petrzalka

Hecko, 31

I gave Hecko his first game after coming back from injury, and he delivered scoring the winning goal in this cup game. I can't say I care for the cup with my main goal being survival, and I'm worried it might stretch me a bit thin. Kanuk kept a clean sheet in his first game for me. Might slowly start playing him over the veteran keeper Hrdina.

Bardejov 0-1 Petrzalka

Hosek, 76

A tight game decided by Hosek rising highest from a corner to beat the keeper at the near post.

Formation: 4-5-1

League position: 1st

Form: LDWWW

Impression so far:

The team look good, but my worries about central midfield continue, any injury to Novisedlak and we are in big trouble. 5 at the back means I defend well, and we seem to get forward well with the DL/DR "wing backs", and two tricky wingers delivering crosses for Stevko.

Junior Coaching budget increased after a board meeting.

Ruzina 1-1 Petrzalka

Bohciac, 60 Novisedlak, 50

A game in which we were second best, conceding a goal due to Riziky losing the ball in defensive midfield. Happy with a draw, and remain unbeaten in 5.

Petrzalka 1-0 Podbrezova

Novisedlak, 85

Formation 4-1-3-2 then 5-4-1 after half time.

A tight game, the deadlock broken by a very much in form Novisedlak from 25 yards, thats 2 goals in the last 2. I really need to keep hold of him!

"Tinkerman Man312 keeps opponents guessing" , rotating between a 5-4-1 and 4-1-3-2 depending on my opponent seems to be paying off!

Slovakian FA cup 2nd Round

Nove Mesto 0-2 Petrzalka

Stevko, 14 Schustrik, 75

We managed to nick a couple of goals on the break despite our goal being bombarded by the non league side.

League game 10

Duslo Sala 0-0 Petrzalka

I was without Novisedlak who was banned for 4 yellow cards, and so a draw was a good result for us.

League Form: WWDWD

League Position: 1st

Top 3 Goal Scorers:

Novisedlak: 3

Stevko: 3

Riziky: 2

Top 3 Assists:

Lesko: 4

Hanuscak: 2

Holub: 1

Dolny Kubin 2-1 Petrzalka

Kozak, 33

An early penalty for Dolny put us on the back foot, and we couldn't quite save our unbeaten record.

Petrzalka 1-2 Michalovice

Flyashko,69

Yet another early penalty, and back foot for the rest of the game scenario. Getting a bit frustrating now.

Senec 1-1 Petrzalka

Stevko, 16

Glad to stop the losing streak, seemed to do better playing 4-1-3-2, something to ponder in the near future.

Hrdina seems to be past it now, looking to bring in Kanuk when he's back from injury. Our midfield is horrifically weak, I only hope we can get some through the ranks this year!

Slovakian Cup 3rd Round

Petrzalka 3-1 Dubnica

Durica, 33

Klenovsky, 61

Kebe, 79

Brilliant result here, I've gone "full time" to 4-1-3-2, and it paid off here, good to see Kebe finally score. Into the 4th round we go. Injuries are mounting up, I have no right back at present.

Drawn against premier side Banska Bystrica. If I avoid a cricket score I'll be delighted.

Petrzalka 2-2 Dubnica

Kebe,31

Hecko, 59

A game we dominated, but lost out to a freak own goal. Disappointing but it want our day.

Zlate Moravce 1-2 Petrzalka

Lesko, 74

Kebe, 87

Stevko sent off, 80

Returning to the 5-1-3-1 in anticipation of the onslaught paid dividends, somehow scraping a win despite being down to 10 men.

Samorin 3-2 Petrzalka

Hecko, 52,56

An early penalty conceded, followed by a spirited fightback, and a dream crushing screamer in the last moments of the game.

Petrzalka 3-0 Bardejov

Novisedlak,6

Kubala,19

Kebe 45+1

Brilliant stunning performance dominated from the off, Kebe was sent off late on, but it couldn't take the shine off this victory!

Petrzalka 3-2 Ruzina

Hecko, 24

Scuhstrik, 88

Stevko,88

Brilliant comeback after swapping to 4-2-4 from the 70th minute. Schustrik's goal was sublime!

Slovakian cup Quarter final

Petrzalka 1-1 Banska Bystrica

So close to an upset, we were a saved penalty from a historic victory.

Played a through to youth player generation day, as I was excited to see what would come through the ranks, also had a very good period pre winter break which has cemented us at the top of the league.

Lucenec 0-4 Petrzalka

Lesko, 23

Kebe, 43

Stevko, 48,58

My biggest win at the club, I was playing 4-1-3-2 formation, the two strikers seem to really help with the goal action, totally dominated in this fixture.

Podbrezova 1-3 Petrzalka

Schstrick, 28

Kebe 47,51

Another brilliant away win, Kebe is really on form.

Petrzalka 2-1 Duslo Sala

Kebe, 45+1

OG

Tough game, I can't seem to play well against these guys, but Kebe kept up his exceptional form scoring again.

Slovakian cup Quarter final, Second Leg

Banska Bystrica 0-0 Petrzalka

I didn't realize it was over 2 legs! Went out on away goals, but very proud of our performance vs a premier league team.

Winter Break

League Table: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/Petrzalka/tablemid2012.png

Impressive position, but I don't expect to stay there, we are all but safe, which was my target at the start of the season.

Squad: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/Petrzalka/squadmid2012.png

Lesko has been an assist machine, Stevko and Kebe are forming a fantastic partnership, Kanuk has taken over from veteran Hrdina and Klenovsky has improved massively as a footballer after gaining regular first team experience.

Various friendlies played.

Youth player's 1st international call up: http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/Petrzalka/brienzacallup.png

Brienza was already at the club, with a 4* potential he looks promising however his attitude absolutely stinks, doesn't put effort into training and the worst thing is he refuses to be tutored.

Youth intake

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/alurny/Petrzalka/2014youth.png

KralYp01.png

A much needed left back.... not! But his ability to play right back makes him automatically my back up right beck, so will probably find himself in the first team sooner rather than later. 4* potential, and 4 grey stars means he has a big chance of making it.

Orsula2014.png

Attributes look well distributed, and has the potential to be a starter going off my assistant report, a position have depth, but he will be valued for years to come.

seman2015.png

Wohoo! A central midfielder, technically gifted, and potentially great, sadly has a somewhat embarrassing name!

FC Petržalka, Slovakian 2nd Division - 2013-2014

Fc_petr%C5%BEalka_1898.png

Information

Slovakian 2nd Division

Final Position: 2nd

League Table

Graph

Second Half of the Season

Man, I know I wasn't ready to go up, but being so close made it really quite difficult to accept. A pretty horrible last half of the season condemned us to stay in Division 2, 2 of my 3 strikers not scoring for a somewhat staggering 20 games. A good effort despite this, and something to build on, I just hope it doesn't lead to unrealistic board expectations next season.

Slovakian Cup

Met expectation and lost out in the Quarter Finals.

The Squad

Squad

Kanuk

Hanuscak

Kubala

Flyashko

Klenovsky

Lesko

Schustrik

Novisedlak

Stevko

Kebe

Top Scorers

Stevko: 13

Kebe: 8

Novisedlak: 7

Hecko: 5

Lesko: 4

Assists

Lesko: 11

Schustrik: 9

Stevko: 6

Hanuscak: 5

Riziky: 3

Best XI

Bextxi2014.png

Season | League   | Position  |  Cup    |  Europe                 |      Achievements        |  Top Scorer(lge)       | 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014   | 2.div    |   2nd   |QF          | N/A                     | N/A                      | Stevko (13)                                |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Promising Youth Stars

Fantastic intake, much potential in these three.

Seman

Orsula

Kral

Other News:

Hrdina retires, and will hopefully rejoin as a coach

Transfer Screen (No cheating)

Archived