'Mezzocorona, vinci per noi!' - Crouchy's Big Euro Challenge Attempt!

crouchaldinho

mezzocorona_calcio_news_full_img.jpg

Welcome to Crouchy's 'Mezzocorona, vinci per noi!' Big Euro Challenge Attempt!

Hello guys and may I first of all welcome you to my new home in Italy here in Mezzocorona! Welcome to my adopted new home town for FM13!

Borgata-di-mezzocorona-1.jpg

I hope you enjoy your stay here in the north of Trentino, which is referred to as the 'most beautiful wine garden of Europe'. Enjoy the exquisite wines of great tradition in Mezzocorona. Or perhaps get involved in some hiking or mountain biking; we recommend you head to the local mountain of Mezzocorona, simple called 'Monte' (mountain).

There is also a football club in Mezzocorona, believe it or not, and we're going places, I assure you! Should you need me, you'll find me in my office. It's a little cramped but we'll improve it as we go and perhaps even add a proper trophy or two at some point!

sede-1.jpg

So I guess I should fill you on my first managerial post in FM13 at A.C. Mezzocorona. A. C. Mezzocorona is located in Mezzocorona, Trentino. Their colours are the fairly uncommon combination of yellow and green. The club nickname is Rotaliani, which is some kind of reference to the region that I don't currently understand.

I should point out here that I picked Mezzocorona for one main reason and that is because I have played here before in one of my former incarnations (on FM12). I was really procrastinating and having trouble picking a team for this challenge so that was also a factor! I decided why not go back to a place that I have enjoyed before?

During my FM12 career game, I was sacked in my very first job at A.C. Giacomense. A.C. Mezzocorona were the next club to offer me a job and I went there, achieved a promotion and spent three happy years establishing myself as a lower league manager in Italy. After my third season at Mezzocorona, the much bigger Perugia came in for me and as I was playing a career game I felt I had to accept the job and move on. The career went on to great success as I went on to manage Hellas Verona to Serie A glory. However, I always wondered what would have happened had I stayed on at the tiny, unfashionable Mezzocorona. Now I have a chance to relive that scenario on FM13!

Mezzocorona is located in northern Italy and has a population of around 5,000 people. I don't know what attendances to be expect but we have around 200 season ticket holders, so probably not that high! I'm starting out at here at a small club, clearly, so this will be a big challenge to compete with the bigger sides to stay in the division.

57362_86285-1.jpg

This is where we will be playing our football. Ground expansions could be an issue!

The Trentino province is hardly a hotbed of Italian football. Teams within the region are U.S. Alta Vallagarina, A.C. Mezzocorona, A.S.D. Porfido Albiano and Trento Calcio 1921. With a population of 534,405, perhaps we can become the biggest team in the Trentino and represent it in the Italian leagues, thus winning over a potentially larger catchment area than that of our modest town.

I think A.C. Mezzocorona are probably having one of the better periods of their history right now as they were crowned as winners at Serie D level in 2007. They were relegated from Serie C2 level in 2010/11. Now they are back in Serie C2 in season 2014/15. My immediate job is clearly to survive and attempt to consolidate. Let's see how I get on!

We are predicted to finish in the relegation zone so I will have my work cut out this first season. But I'm looking forward to the challenge! I'm short of staff and we don't have much of a squad and so I'm going to have to do a lot of building to get a decent team together on and off the pitch.

I should point out that I don't speak Italian as I have selected to be a manager of English nationality (essentially playing the game as myself). So this challenge will be perhaps a little harder until I develop some Italian language skills! I would have thought the team will take longer to gel as a result. I think it's going to be a tough couple of months to begin with but it should be a good challenge and I think I have what it takes to keep us up in season one.

As well as this thread, I will also be making updates in the Big Euro Challenge thread where you can also see the rules that I am following and what the challenge is all about. I will primarily just be writing end of season updates so you know what to expect if you are going to follow my thread.

Below I've posted up the suggested screenshots for first post and therefore entry into the challenge.

First Post:

Information (Manager)

Domestic Leagues History (Club)

Profile (Manager)

Information (Club)

Overview (Club)

Squad (Club)

Mezzocorona: A Background

This game is played on FM13 and started with patch 13.1.1 with no edits made to the database. Leagues loaded are: Italy down to Serie C2 level. I am playing with a customised database as recommended by the BEC thread. This is a large database with players based in Italy loaded along with players from top clubs in all continents.

I went on holiday for the first two seasons in order to have Mezzocorona come up. Then, I added a manager with my details starting with the lowest 'Sunday League Footballer' reputation level.

Some relevant links:

The Big Euro Challenge Thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319051-FM13-Big-Euro-Challenge

Twitter for FM - http://twitter.com/Crouchy_SACFC

Twitter primarily for St. Albans City, Non-League and general football tweets - http://twitter.com/Daedalus1882

Steam profile - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046026468

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchyLP (be warned, mainly Minecraft vids!)

Some of my old FM Career Update threads:

When The Saints Go Marching In - Crouchy's Mighty Saints Save!

Fabio Crouchello - Taking England to South Africa 2010

Crouchy's Calcio Journeyman Save

Roy Crouchson - Taking England to Poland & Ukraine 2012

'Lessons in Calcio' - Crouchy, Facci Sognare!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting returning to Mezzocorona.

Hey DB. Thanks! Yeah, should be good to return to Mezzocorona. I spent ages thinking about which team to be but then decided a return to this club felt like the right thing to do!

Hooray! New crouchy thread :D

Woohoo! Huzzah! :D Thanks SnakeXe!

Just getting used to the new FM. Right now, my main pet hate is the new training options. The individual screen is the most frustrating thing by far in the new game. No filters and there is a bug where every time I set a focus, the list of players suddenly becomes unsorted. Argh! :mad:

Yeah I don't like the new training, it seems to unset stuff I've set randomly. Unimpressed.

Any tips on how to deal with it? Like workarounds or whatever?

Are you setting it manually or have you assigned it to someone?

I'm feeling really fed up with it. I just don't like it at all. This players getting unsorted bug is frustrating me most at the moment. Every time I set one player's focus, the list becomes jumbled. Grrrr!

I haven't found anything to combat it other than just keep checking it to make sure it's right. I think what it might be is that when a game is rescheduled it resets your match preparation and possibly training focus to default for that match/week.

I haven't found anything to combat it other than just keep checking it to make sure it's right. I think what it might be is that when a game is rescheduled it resets your match preparation and possibly training focus to default for that match/week.

I'll have to keep an eye on it. If it gets too annoying, I might just have to ask my assistant to do it. Will try my best with it for now though.

I think this is the first time I've begun a crouchaldinho career at the beginning! Looking forward to it.

Thanks Cerud!

Crouchy is in Italy so much soon he'll have long hair.
Didn't work for James Richardson.

I'll go along with SnakeXe's comment here, Nobby!

And my hair is more James Richardson style to be honest. I've been going thin on top since my early 20s so I tend to keep my head shaved.

My manager picture (in the style of a regen) is quite generous with my hair. :D It probably needs to be updated as I really tend to have a shaved head and more facial hair.

So no to the long hair, I'm afraid! :D

I've added a photograph of Mezzorcorona's current ground to the opening post. I forgot to post it yesterday.

Here it is in all of its glory:

57362_86285-1.jpg

This is where we will be playing our football. Ground expansions could be an issue!

Picturesque ground, looks awesome

Good luck with this!

Good luck Crouchy. I will be following with great interest as to how you get on as I've started with Casale in the Itallian C2. love the look of the 'stadium' aswell. A proper lower tier ground.

I've added a photograph of Mezzorcorona's current ground to the opening post. I forgot to post it yesterday.

Here it is in all of its glory:

57362_86285-1.jpg

Love it! Good luck Crouchy.

Nice stadium there. If you need more expansion room, just knock over those lil houses. Can't be worth that much :p

:D

What should I do about the mountain though?

Eat well my friend, I don;t think the pastries will make it in the mail..

I'm in Italy! I'll eat and drink very well here, don't worry! ;)

I get to start a Crouchy thread from the start that must be a first. Good luck with this.

Thanks! :)

Best of luck with Mezzorcorona :thup:

Cheers!

So I already mentioned that I'll primarily be doing end of season updates. However, I'm planning some very informal and occasional quick screenshots and/or updates as I play through a season. They may not come all that regularly but if I have something interesting come up in game, I will post it. Also, I intend to give some brief details on how I'm doing roughly halfway through the season but it'll be a one-liner and maybe a table at most. The real meat will come in the end of season update!

Here is a quick and informal update as we reach the winter break for the 2014/15 season in Serie C2/B.

| Pos   | Inf   | Team            |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Martina Franca  |       | 17    | 11    | 4     | 2     | 28    | 17    | +11   | 37    | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
[b]| 2nd   |       | Mezzocorona     |       | 17    | 10    | 4     | 3     | 26    | 12    | +14   | 34    | [/b]
| 3rd   |       | Sambonifacese   |       | 17    | 9     | 4     | 4     | 33    | 21    | +12   | 31    | 
| 4th   |       | L'Aquila        |       | 17    | 8     | 6     | 3     | 18    | 10    | +8    | 30    | 
| 5th   |       | Feralpi Salò    |       | 17    | 8     | 5     | 4     | 30    | 20    | +10   | 29    | 
| 6th   |       | Pontedera       |       | 17    | 8     | 3     | 6     | 34    | 26    | +8    | 27    | 

We have been massively exceeding my expectations thus far. I really didn't think we would be anywhere near the top of the table.

When I think back to my FM12 career, I'm shocked at just how comfortable this start is so far.

I think it helps that I had a top quality central midfielder in Simone Loiodice when I joined the club. I also managed to sign up a young Spanish striker called Manuel Gavilan, who was previously with Bologna. Finally, another free signing was a young Italian winger called Antonio Gravina. The rest of the team is fairly workmanlike. We basically have a solid defence and that always gives us a chance to win games.

Not clear on whether we can keep this up for the rest of the season. If injuries hit, we could be in trouble. Also, a bad run could hit confidence badly and, as we saw in my FM12 career, I'm crap at turning around bad runs! Despite this, I'm hoping to be in the play-offs at the end of the season. I think promotion would come too soon, however, so I just want to be there in order to get the experience. We definitely need some more time playing at this level, in my opinion.

Interestingly, I think we also benefit from having a weaker league. In Serie C2A, there are clubs such as Taranto, Como, Bassano, Reggiana, Venezia and Mantova. I feel like that is a much stronger league whereas our division, Serie C2B, feels a little weaker. Just look at the teams around Mezzocorona at the top of the table.

Regardless, this is a very comfortable start to my life at Mezzocorona! Let's see where I end up come the end of the season! :)

Brilliant start to the season :thup:

Thanks! Going much better than I hoped.

Great start to the season! It looks like you are doing extremeley well on the defensive side of things aswell, although that goal is a bit of a shocker!

Yeah, the defensive record is down to my overall strategy for this season. We're playing a no nonsense 4-4-2, rigid style, low creativity, basically making us well organised and hard to beat. Most matches, we approach with either a cautious counter-attacking approach or a fairly balanced system. We're pretty efficient, often not getting a lot of possession but defending well and taking our chances going forward. It's working really well for us.

I think the team talk side of things is helping too. I'm keeping calm for the most part and not overreacting either to wins or defeats. This low pressure type of approach is ideal for underdogs like ourselves and it has seen us record a few surprise wins away from home against better sides.

Crouchy's 'Mezzocorona, vinci per noi!' Big Euro Challenge Attempt! (Season One at Comunale 2014/15)

mezzocorona_calcio_news_full_img.jpg

Season Results Summary:

Results for first half of the season

Results for the second half of the season

As you can see, our first half of the season was particularly strong and put us into a great position going into the winter break.

We wobbled quite a bit in January but managed to get back to our best from February onwards.

We found ourselves in an unlikely title race up until the match against Sambonifacese towards the end of April. We lost 2-0 at their place and this pretty much put an end to our title hopes.

It was still technically possible for us to have got an automatic promotion spot going into the last match of the season. However, we just didn't do enough in the final game and also the result we needed didn't come through in the other match. A third place finish was still amazing and saw us qualify for the play-offs.

In the play-off semi-finals, we were drawn to play Cynthia. In a tough first-leg, we managed to record a 1-0 win in a stormy tie in which two Cynthia players were sent off in the final minutes of the match. In the second-leg at our place, we proved our superiority by winning by a 1-0 score line again. We had comfortably come through this semi-final test.

In the play-off finals, we were drawn to play huge favourites Feralpi Salo. The away leg came first and we recorded a sensational 4-1 victory to put us in a commanding position for the second leg. We sat deep and frustrated our opponents, hitting them on the break several times to claim an astonishing victory that I certainly was not expecting. In the second leg, Feralpi Salo came at us like a wounded beast and managed unbelievably to pull level on aggregate. This was, in particular, thanks to the unfortunate dismissal of our midfield playmaker, Simone Loiodice, with two of their goals coming after his sending off. We held on with the score at 5-5 on aggregate. Thanks to us being the team with the superior league record, we were promoted ahead of them despite the scores being level after extra-time.

The first leg of the play-off final had been a masterclass in how to play without the ball, how to frustrate opponents and how to give them the sucker punch of getting hit on the break. The second leg had been almost a total disaster but we came out of it having done just enough to go up! Much to my astonishment, we'll be playing at Serie C1 level next season!

Competitions Overview:

Serie C2/B Final table:

| Pos   | Inf   | Team            |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   | C     | Martina Franca  |       | 34    | 19    | 8     | 7     | 52    | 32    | +20   | 65    | 
| 2nd   | P     | Sambonifacese   |       | 34    | 19    | 6     | 9     | 65    | 43    | +22   | 63    | 
[b]| 3rd   | P     | Mezzocorona     |       | 34    | 18    | 7     | 9     | 55    | 37    | +18   | 61    | [/b]
| 4th   |       | Lucchese        |       | 34    | 16    | 9     | 9     | 48    | 40    | +8    | 57    | 
| 5th   |       | Feralpi Salò    |       | 34    | 15    | 10    | 9     | 64    | 50    | +14   | 55    | 
| 6th   |       | Cynthia         |       | 34    | 14    | 11    | 9     | 47    | 35    | +12   | 53    | 
| 7th   |       | Gubbio          |       | 34    | 12    | 13    | 9     | 43    | 38    | +5    | 49    | 
| 8th   |       | Pontedera       |       | 34    | 14    | 6     | 14    | 63    | 51    | +12   | 48    | 
| 9th   |       | L'Aquila        |       | 34    | 10    | 15    | 9     | 33    | 33    | 0     | 45    | 
| 10th  |       | Real Spal       |       | 34    | 12    | 9     | 13    | 55    | 47    | +8    | 45    | 
| 11th  |       | Aversa Normanna |       | 34    | 11    | 11    | 12    | 48    | 53    | -5    | 44    | 
| 12th  |       | Chieti          |       | 34    | 12    | 7     | 15    | 42    | 55    | -13   | 43    | 
| 13th  |       | Tritium         |       | 34    | 10    | 11    | 13    | 43    | 50    | -7    | 41    | 
| 14th  |       | Campobasso      |       | 34    | 10    | 8     | 16    | 36    | 49    | -13   | 38    | 
| 15th  | R     | Teramo          |       | 34    | 9     | 10    | 15    | 45    | 59    | -14   | 37    | 
| 16th  | R     | HinterReggio    |       | 34    | 10    | 7     | 17    | 44    | 57    | -13   | 37    | 
| 17th  | R     | Castiglione     |       | 34    | 8     | 7     | 19    | 26    | 51    | -25   | 31    | 
| 18th  | R     | Arzanese        |       | 34    | 7     | 5     | 22    | 35    | 64    | -29   | 26    | 

Serie C Cup:

We came through a group including Como and Alto Adige having lost to the former at home and beaten the latter away. In the first round, we played Cuneo and lost at home 2-0 to put us out of the competition. The board had only expected us to 'enjoy the experience' so they were happy with the progress to the first round.

Transfers:

IN:

| Date               | Person               | From               | Fee                | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 18.7.2014          | Gravina, Antonio     | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 20.7.2014          | Mormile, Vincenzo    | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 21.7.2014          | Lanzano, Mattia      | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 21.7.2014          | Gavilán, Manuel      | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 21.7.2014          | Mazzoni, Elia        | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 27.7.2014          | Bertini, Marco       | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 27.7.2014          | Brichese, Riccardo   | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 31.7.2014          | Serafini, Mattia     | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 1.8.2014           | Di Palma, Antonio    | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 3.8.2014           | Giampietro, Giuseppe | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 4.8.2014           | Di Giuseppe, Nico    | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 5.8.2014           | Morritti, Daniele    | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 8.8.2014           | Esposito, Raffaele   | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 13.8.2014          | Tedesco, Giuseppe    | Vicenza            | Loan               | 
| 14.8.2014          | Alba, Fabio          | Verona             | Loan               | 
| 27.8.2014          | Baudo, Nicolò        | Lavagnese          | Loan               | 
|                    | Total                |                    | £0                 | 

Upon joining the club, I was left with a half empty squad, which I moved to add to immediately.

Out of these signings, I am most pleased with Antonio Gravina, Manuel Gavilan and Daniele Morritti as you will see under the 'key players' section.

In addition to these players, Mattia Lanzano proved to be a capable keeper. Fabio Alba was signed on loan from Verona and he proved to be a solid goalscorer at this level. He hit the top of the goalscoring charts in Serie C2/B.

OUT:

| Date               | Person                   | To                 | Fee                | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 22.7.2014          | Degasperi, Daniel        | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 22.7.2014          | Cavallari, Lorenzo       | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 22.7.2014          | Casella, Valerio Lorenzo | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 22.7.2014          | Rella, Simon             | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 22.7.2014          | Palmieri, Vito           | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 22.7.2014          | Saviano, Enrico          | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 22.7.2014          | Moratti, Markus          | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 28.7.2014          | Porchia, Sandro          | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 22.2.2015          | Pizzuti, Simone          | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
| 22.2.2015          | Esposito, Raffaele       | Free Transfer      | Free               | 
|                    | Total                    |                    | £0                 | 

I just free transferred some of the players who weren't going to make it in the reserves and youth squads.

Squad Statistics:

| Pkd | Inf | Name                | Apps   | Gls | Ast | PoM | Pas R | Tck | DrbPG | K Pas | Sh T| Yel | Red | Av Rat | Nat | Age | Value | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK  | Hol | Mattia Lanzano      | 41     | 0   | 0   | 2   | 60%   | -   | 0.02  | 0     | -   | 0   | 0   | 6.87   | ITA | 24  | £75K  | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR  | Hol | Riccardo Brichese   | 39     | 0   | 0   | 0   | 83%   | 1.96| 0.39  | 4     | 0%  | 4   | 0   | 6.84   | ITA | 22  | £130K | 
| DCR | Hol | Giuseppe Giampietro | 40     | 1   | 2   | 1   | 62%   | 1.10| 0.08  | 3     | 100%| 4   | 0   | 7.00   | ITA | 22  | £120K | 
| DCL | Hol | Giuseppe Tedesco    | 3 (5)  | 0   | 0   | 0   | 64%   | 1.15| -     | 0     | 100%| 0   | 0   | 6.88   | ITA | 20  | £4K   | 
| DL  | Hol | Antonio Di Palma    | 26 (2) | 1   | 2   | 0   | 83%   | 2.02| 0.40  | 1     | 75% | 6   | 0   | 6.77   | ITA | 23  | £65K  | 
| MR  | Hol | Antonio Gravina     | 39     | 6   | 6   | 2   | 84%   | 1.95| 2.35  | 10    | 36% | 5   | 0   | 7.03   | ITA | 21  | £140K | 
| MCR | Hol | Nicola Princivalli  | 33 (1) | 1   | 2   | 1   | 87%   | 3.45| 0.11  | 4     | 33% | 19  | 2   | 6.84   | ITA | 35  | £55   | 
| MCL | Hol | Simone Loiodice     | 37 (1) | 4   | 14  | 5   | 89%   | 5.13| 0.25  | 31    | 31% | 15  | 2   | 7.36   | ITA | 26  | £325K | 
| ML  | Hol | Mirko Tommasi       | 40     | 2   | 10  | 0   | 83%   | 2.41| 2.22  | 10    | 33% | 9   | 0   | 6.95   | ITA | 22  | £170K | 
| STCR| Hol | Manuel Gavilán      | 40     | 14  | 17  | 5   | 81%   | 0.90| 0.46  | 29    | 53% | 5   | 0   | 7.20   | ESP | 23  | £140K | 
| STCL| Hol | Fabio Alba          | 36     | 28  | 2   | 7   | 88%   | 0.74| 0.71  | 19    | 56% | 4   | 0   | 7.29   | ITA | 20  | £3.5K | 
| S1  | Hol | Vincenzo Mormile    | -      | -   | -   | -   | -     | -   | -     | -     | -   | -   | -   | -      | ITA | 21  | £9K   | 
| S2  | Hol | Marco Bertini       | 2 (12) | 0   | 0   | 0   | 84%   | 2.19| 0.55  | 1     | -   | 0   | 0   | 6.69   | ITA | 20  | £75K  | 
| S3  | Hol | Mattia Serafini     | 2 (3)  | 0   | 0   | 0   | 59%   | 1.20| -     | 0     | -   | 0   | 0   | 6.82   | ITA | 31  | £50   | 
| S4  | Hol | Nicolò Baudo        | 3 (17) | 2   | 0   | 0   | 87%   | 2.57| 0.57  | 4     | 39% | 3   | 0   | 7.00   | ITA | 23  | £1.5K | 
| S5  | Hol | Fabian Tait         | 2 (21) | 1   | 0   | 0   | 78%   | 1.48| 1.48  | 1     | 44% | 0   | 0   | 6.85   | FRA | 22  | £1K   | 
| S6  | Hol | Emanuele Miniati    | 0 (2)  | 0   | 0   | 0   | 78%   | 0.00| -     | 0     | -   | 0   | 0   | 6.80   | ITA | 19  | £500  | 
| S7  | Hol | Paride Formentin    | 7 (16) | 3   | 1   | 0   | 83%   | 0.78| 0.29  | 6     | 55% | 1   | 0   | 6.90   | ITA | 26  | £2K   | 
| -   | Hol | Mirko Drudi         | 8 (14) | 0   | 2   | 0   | 86%   | 2.77| 0.11  | 6     | 36% | 2   | 0   | 6.87   | ITA | 28  | £26K  | 
| -   | Hol | Dario Pelizzari     | 15 (3) | 0   | 1   | 0   | 81%   | 1.24| 0.26  | 4     | 0%  | 3   | 0   | 6.94   | ITA | 28  | £1K   | 
| -   | Hol | Daniele Morritti    | 37     | 3   | 0   | 4   | 62%   | 1.08| 0.06  | 0     | 64% | 3   | 0   | 7.14   | ITA | 24  | £90K  | 
| -   | Hol | Elia Mazzoni        | -      | -   | -   | -   | -     | -   | -     | -     | -   | -   | -   | -      | ITA | 23  | £3.5K | 

Key players & Tactics:

Simone Loiodice - Voted by the fans as their player of the year. Was already at the club when I joined. Good solid attributes in the right areas at this level. Did very well as midfield playmaker.

Fabio Alba - Had some good key attributes for a striker and managed to hit the net on a regular basis, especially thanks to having an excellent striker partner in the number 10 shirt alongside him.

Manuel Gavilan - A great signing on a free transfer. Really solid number 10 type who had a excellent partnership going with Alba.

Antonio Gravina - Solid wide player who performed consistenly for us down the right flank.

Daniel Morritti - Our team defended really well this season and our successful performance was based on a solid defensive unit. This guy was consistently good for us.

Tactical talk:

We played a no nonsense 4-4-2, rigid style, low creativity, basically making us well organised and hard to beat. Most matches, we approached with either a cautious counter-attacking approach or a fairly balanced system. We were pretty efficient, often not getting a lot of possession but defending well and taking our chances going forward. As you can see, it worked really well for us.

I think the team talk side of things helped too and it seems worth mentioning as well. I kept calm for the most part and didn't overreact either to wins or defeats. This low pressure type of approach is ideal for underdogs like ourselves and it saw seen us record a few surprise wins away from home against better sides.

Bonus screenshots:

Our Best XI

Simone Loiodice and Fabio Alba both named in the Serie C2/B team of the year

Fabio Alba finishes as the Serie C2/B top scorer

Next Season:

Thanks to a possible bug, I have to replace pretty much my entire backroom staff as none of them would negotiate a new contract. That's frustrating but hopefully we can resolve that fairly easily.

I have signed a new one year contract which was all that was on the table otherwise I would have signed for longer.

I'm kind of concerned and worried about next season as I wasn't expecting such an early promotion and really wanted to strengthen this squad. We could struggle next season so I'll definitely need to strengthen in pretty much all areas. We could be in for a long tough season.

Career Overview:

Season    Team			League                   Position    Achievements/outcomes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15   A.C. Mezzocorona	Serie C2/B	         3rd         Promoted via play-offs! Overachievers!

My A.C. Mezzocorona Record (362 days):

P 	W 	D 	L 	F	A	Win % 		Competitions Won / Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
41	22	7	12	66	48	53%		Serie C2/B Play-off Winners (2014/15)
							Named Serie C2/B Overachievers (2014/2015)

Archived