How many times can the activation code be used on Steam?

BBB

I and my flat mate both bought a copy of the game. I ordered mine two weeks ago for the BETA access and have been playing it since. He ordered his earlier last week. Mine has already arrived and I said he could use the code in the manual as I expected his copy to arrive the next day/today.

If his doesn't arrive today, is it possible to uninstall the game from Steam/His computer and me then use the code on his manual to then activate my game fully?

as long as you have steam installed on any computer.. you can download fm as many times as you like.. dont even need the code...

But that is only on your own steam account. And you can only be logged into steam on one computer at any given time , which obviously means you can only play a game on one computer at any given time..

also, account sharing is against the TOS that steam have set out and you agreed to...

just so you know.

• SI Staff

It won't be possible to use the same code twice. It will be linked to your flatmates Steam account now so you'll have to wait for his copy to arrive and use that code in your own Steam account.

Ter, can my brother use my steam account to install FM and later play in offline mode, whilist I play at the same time, again in offline?

No you would still need to log in to steam and you can only log in at one computer at a time

• 6 years later...

Hello

Please if I have an activation code and I want to use FM on my new laptop, does this mean all I have to do is log out of steam in my old computer and log in to it on the new one and I could play the game ?

4 minutes ago, Philipj said:

Hello

Please if I have an activation code and I want to use FM on my new laptop, does this mean all I have to do is log out of steam in my old computer and log in to it on the new one and I could play the game ?

Yep.

• 1 year later...

It's all a lie, you buy FM20 a game and your code is duplicated, why?  What is this nonsense once uninstalled then you can not install, with EA Sport this problem has never been ... I am very disappointed with Sega I would hardly buy FM21, my game I bought it from Saturn.de

Edited by nike_19

3 minutes ago, nike_19 said:

It's all a lie, you buy FM20 a game and your code is duplicated, why?  What is this nonsense once uninstalled then you can not install, with EA Sport this problem has never been ... I am very disappointed with Sega I would hardly buy FM21, my game I bought it from Saturn.de

I don't quite understand, were you unable to activate your game on Steam? If you activate it on Steam it gets linked to your account, so you won't need to activate it anywhere else, just use the same steam account and download it from there.

If you got the message that your activation code was used the first time you tried to activate it, you should contact the supplier that you bought it from.

Just now, XaW said:

I don't quite understand, were you unable to activate your game on Steam? If you activate it on Steam it gets linked to your account, so you won't need to activate it anywhere else, just use the same steam account and download it from there.

If you got the message that your activation code was used the first time you tried to activate it, you should contact the supplier that you bought it from.

This is correct - if a code is duplicated, that's an issue you need to take up with the website you bought it from. As long as you have access to the Steam account you activated the game on, you can log in anywhere and download and play it.

1 minute ago, nike_19 said:

the game was activated, but as of this morning it was showing an error, this game belongs to ... and there were three options, one was to confirm that the game belongs to this computer.  I confirmed and wrote an error ...

So you are unable to start the game from Steam? Can you show a screenshot of the error? Or type the text?

3 minutes ago, nike_19 said:

the game was purchased from a store that is currently closed due to Covid 19

Can you provide a screenshot? That error message seems very strange to me.

10 minutes ago, nike_19 said:

I can no longer because I uninstalled the game, now when I try to install it I get a duplicate

I think you need to contact Steam for this issue and have them help you resolve it.

16 minutes ago, nike_19 said:

I can no longer because I uninstalled the game, now when I try to install it I get a duplicate

Is that because you're trying to put the code into Steam again?

If so, you don't need to. You just go to the Library in Steam and download it again.

7 minutes ago, nike_19 said:

why doesn't it show games that you have installed in my games?  why when you uninstall a game it is removed?  at Origin it is not there, there are games that you played ...

It seems you don't know how Steam works, or how to find your game. In that case, this is a step-by-step guide on how to use Steam, including how you download and install your game.

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/gaming/a-steam-guide-for-beginners-to-get-started/

If you have any further issues with Steam, you'd have to contact Steam Support: https://help.steampowered.com/en/

Go to your Steam Library. Take a look at that tiny arrow in the top right.
If it's activated (blue colour) the library will only show your installed games.
 219486177_Skjermbilde2020-12-26143537.jpg.24a45d007090ef1d331ba54dce5f420c.jpg

If it's not activated (grey colour) it'll show all games on your account.
52749023_Skjermbilde2020-12-26143555.jpg.3e7b0913db4463cd0e1afa2f6846cc01.jpg

Make sure all games are shown, click the game and then install it.
If that doesn't work and you definitely are on the same Steam account as FM is registered to you should contact the store that you purchased FM from and also Steam support.
Steam support especially if there's no way to go through the store you purchased it from.