[FM13] The Third Journey, by noikeee

noikeee

Must say I'm getting REALLY f*cking bored with the many months without matches to play. Couple that together with the awful depressing football, and all the worrying feedback I'm reading on the new patch's match engine, and I'm not very motivated to play this at the moment. I'll try starting the new season but may end up going back to FM12.

Meanwhile, as I reach October:

CludioAlegria_NewsInbox-5.jpg

I was on a yearly contract so thanks, I'd forgotten without a new contract I'd be out of a job soon.

Also, I'm not doing a full season review as I only played less than half the season and there were no players worth talking about other than Patrick Wleh, but these were the player stats:

JohorFootballClub_SquadPlayers-1.jpg

JohorFootballClub_SquadPlayers-2-1.jpg

And the tactics I was using at the end:

JohorFootballClub_TacticsTeam.jpg

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure. To be fair, you certainly didn't make it easy for yourself :p

I wouldn't say so, I don't think just because I played in some ridiculously low levels the game is harder there... the opposition is just as sh*t. The "won't refuse offers for players over X value" rule never actually happened as I was never forced to sell anyone.

What I'm annoyed at is the match engine that feels clumsier and with wild variations from patch to patch, and how slow the game is with all the leagues I loaded. Yeah my lack of success doesn't help but what matters is that ultimately FM12 is more fun to me, so why bother continuing here when I can play that instead?

I wouldn't say so, I don't think just because I played in some ridiculously low levels the game is harder there... the opposition is just as sh*t. The "won't refuse offers for players over X value" rule never actually happened as I was never forced to sell anyone.

What I'm annoyed at is the match engine that feels clumsier and with wild variations from patch to patch, and how slow the game is with all the leagues I loaded. Yeah my lack of success doesn't help but what matters is that ultimately FM12 is more fun to me, so why bother continuing here when I can play that instead?

Well, it's true that I had the rule in mind even though you never had to invoke it. It's not so much that low levels are hard, more that your particular league was very tough. FM is pretty crap at modelling amateur leagues in my (limited) experience, and yours was doubly hard with just one promotion spots, and then double again when every relegated team had semi-pro players.

The game certainly does slow down with all the leagues, my save was driving me crazy at first until I dialled it down a little, and I'm by no means running a poor PC here. The match engines always used to irritate me, specifically because you'd design one tactic that worked, and then all of a sudden they change the design and everyone's screwed. This one seems more reactionary than usual - we went from normal (if we can call it that), to the one where top teams scored hatfuls and strikers just sailed past defenders, to one where the attackers' runs were nerfed, and if you're playing the tactical game I can well believe it's very frustrating. I don't pay much attention to tactics, so it's less noticeable. In past games it has been enough to make me pack it in as well - being top of the league, patching your game, and then your side inexplicably falling to pieces is always tough to take.

Glad to hear you're enjoying FM12 though, no point plugging away if you're not enjoying yourself.

No point forcing yourself to play through FM13 if you're not enjoying it.

Archived