Just inherited FMs 2005 to 2010, which one do I pick?

Either FM07 or FM10, and you can't go wrong. ;)

FM08 and FM09 were pretty frustrating games from memory.

On FM08 it was near on impossible to win away games (for the AI and the user) there was also the AI's late 4-2-4 formation which was impossible to defend against, and as soon as a player hit 30 on FM08, he would rapidly become useless.

FM09 had just introduced the 3D and I remember I did not enjoy that game at all, I can't remember/put my finger on it now, but I do remember it was so frustrating/ not enjoyable for me.

I can't remember too much about FM05 and FM06. Although, I remember at the time FM07 had the perfect balance of realism/fun. I also found FM10 bags of fun/enjoyable.

05 was superb, especially with the greatest players in their prime. You could even load up the diablo and take a stroll down memory lane for old times sake :) . Sometimes I get tempted to get a copy of FM 05 again and give it a spin.

FM 07 with the latest patch was the best one after that. It seemed to have a great balance of everything in-game. If you want 3D though, FM10. With that said, any one of these 3 would be a great choice.

All of them except for FM08 were good. In FM08 you had the bug were young players didn't develop at all which had the consuquence that after about ten years you would have a Ballon D'or winner with stats equal to a decent Championship player of todays standard.

I guess i would have to say FM07 like most do. But FM10 would be a good choice too. It was a good game and it's the newest of them. There's always at least one or two feature that you will be missing in the older versions and which are available in FM10.

FM2010 with patch 10.3

Great game, great ME. In fact i think ME from FM2010 was the best ever.

apart from crossing being useless, wide play not being good enough, narrow formations being a bit to good, and the corner defense/attack exploits.....well yeah it really was a brilliant ME that had a good flow to it

FM07. FM10 was good but hadn't reached the heights of 07, FM11 was probably the first to get back there.

Agreed. Playing FM 11 even now. I love it as it's just so simple, but can also be so complex.

I've had it since release day and am still finding new things on it.

All of them except for FM08 were good. In FM08 you had the bug were young players didn't develop at all which had the consuquence that after about ten years you would have a Ballon D'or winner with stats equal to a decent Championship player of todays standard.

Is that in the unpatched version? I have a long-standing FM08 game that I'm about 30 seasons into and what you describe isn't the case. It's all regens now and the players at the top end are just as good as they were in the beginning. There are a few attributes that don't develop properly, influence and penalty taking spring to mind, meaning that it's rare to see players get into double figures. Penalty shootouts are hilarious now.

I'll buck the trend and say that my favourites are FM05 and FM08. FM05 was the first match engine game I really got on with and although it produced a lot of Hollywood goals it was good fun. Until FMC it was also the only ME game that didn't bog you down in teamtalks and opposition instructions. I didn't get on with FM06, so went back to FM05 and consequently never played FM07 so can't comment on it.

I really wanted to start a new FM05 when I got my Mac, but the unpatched game crashes a couple of months in and SI have deleted all the patches for the old games (the PC patch is available, but I've looked all over for the Mac one but all the links just point to where the SI page used to be). That's why I ended up going back to an old FM08 save instead, which has its flaws but is still fun.

Archived