[FM13] 2-3-2-3 El Cacereno Legado (The Cacereno Legacy)

Hi everyone,

This is my first tactic uploaded and is for Football Manager 2013. It's still in a testing phase and I would like some of the more experienced tactical users to aid me in adapting this tactic. I hope to create this tactic to help myself and others I guess in making some fairly attractive football which is also well defensive. So it's my little project I guess.

The Formation;

The formation is a classic setup mainly for more creative lower league teams, I'd be interested to see how well it works at better clubs though. I use this formation for my Cacereno team who play in the Spanish Second Division B4, which is about English Npower League 2 level I believe. The two tactics are generally the same, but use two tactics for two different play styles. The Home formation is used for possession and to force the oppostion back into their own half. This allows space and room for the wing-backs to push forward and flank the sides, giving them chances to make easier passes should they be able to do it. The Away tactic is used to force the opposition to long shots while still winning the ball back. It focusses a bit more on typical hit and run style of play, but will make use of the wingers if possible too.

Positions;

GK - Standard really, he'll try and make shorter passes where possible. A good keeper is recommended as always, he'll need to stop those long shots.

DC - Both DC's I'm unsure of, I want to try using defenders who can actually pass, but that option isn't available to my Cacereno team so they try to pass short, but in any real danger they may hoof it.

WBL/R - The wing backs are the home formation, they push up, support and also focus on getting inside to find easy passes to the strikers. I Recommend fast wing backs who are good defensively and have stamina.

DMC - I want him to play back and aid the defence by constantly chasing down the ball, like a wild dog. This position has the highest closing down.

MCL - The MCL is another position I'm unsure of. It's defensively more effective than the MCR, but It could be impoved. He will play a supporting role to both defense and attack while trying to stay solid.

MCR - Our playmaker who is going to look to split defences. I haven't told the team to focus heavily on him as, playmakers tend to be older and slower so I don't want him being marked much, still improvements to make.

STCL - I want to develop to make our complete forward here, he has to offer a danger threat and in my save he does just that scoring 10 goals in 12 apps

STCR - Our quickest striker who will be looking to break forward and score if clear. Poachers rarely focus on passing so this is where I like him to be a sort of hybrid with an advanced forward.

STC - This is our Messi. He'll be our best passing striker, looking to supply others or shoot himself should he have the chance. The wing backs will look for him to pass to and then he'll decide whether to pass the ball on or not.

Home:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106648580

Away:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106648167

Results;

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106648255

I have highlighted those results in particular as before that I was reverting to saves made before each match in order to test the tactics. This way I could make several changes and test the tactic again. The real test is from what others achieve however. This isn't going to guarantee results, however I'm hoping that with a bit of help from some of the more experienced players too I can develop a formation for everyone.

* Match preparation, training and opposition instructions I leave all to my assistant. Feel free to play around, maybe you can improve the tactic. Just feedback your changes :)

Good luck and please provide feedback :)

Tactic Beta V0.5: http://www.mediafire.com/?fzny5r7842t5nk3

EDIT - Also can someone PM how to get these images to show on the actual page, thank ya!

I've reposted both links. Are you sure you wasn't confused with the Home tactic not being the started tactic? I simply only selected it to take the screenshot.

I'm interested in any views of people that have tried it. I'll be trying to find a solution to 441 formations tomorrow. It may require bringing the DMC to DC. I tend to find 441 opponents push their entire midfield forward quite heavily. Which is surprising given the defensive nature. Maybe a drop in the defensive line may help though. I'd welcome the chance for someone to also make their own changes.

Archived