Sports Interactive Community
jimbowmanuk

[FM13] Big Club, Small Country - Challenge

1210253743843.jpeg

burtur - Rangers/Iceland

Season 3 summary

Transfers

After a succesfull loanspell last season, I decided to sign Craig Gordon on a permanent deal. He was not the only big name signing as Antonia Cassano and Connor Wickham were signed to lead the front line. Since I could now scout players around Europe, my scouts found a couple af decent talents in Iceland, Matthías Hermannsson and Óli Arnarson. It's just a shame my scouts didn't spot this gem of a player before Cagliari did. They better take care of him!

League

A comfortable win in the leage although it was a bit tougher than I was hoping for. Falkirk fought a proper fight. Unlike my previous seasons where my team couldn't stop scoring, this season was somewhat more sensible, with the defensive play very good through out the season. I don't know why, just played out like that I guess. Anyway, roll in the SPL please! David Templeton supplied us with 13 assists in the season and as a result voted the SD1 player of the year. I was voted manager of the year and Craig Gordon had the most clean sheets, 17.

Cups:

A reapeat of the Challenge Cup final from last season saw Rangers lift the trophy the second year running. I also have to mention the semi-final in the Scottish cup where an Ian Black sending off and no less than 4 injuries saw me finish the game with only 8 men. Bitterly dissapointing losing out on the final after a penalty shootout. It was a fantastic cup run though, knocking out 3 SPL teams on my way to the semis.

Challenge Cup: Champions! Beat Hamilton p2-2 in the final (N)

League Cup: 3rd round. Knocked out by Celtic 2-3 (H)

Scottish Cup: Semi final. Knocked out by Dundee Utd 0-0p (N)

Record Smashers:

Scottish Division 1

Highest Attendance: 48704 vs. Dunfermline

Average Attendance: 42045 (also a club record)

Games won in a row: 7

Games Without Losing: 18

Games without conceding: 7 (also a club record)

Club Records

Highest Gate Receipts: £1.16m

Highest Average Rating: 7.49 (44 apps) - Sebastien Faure

Worst Discipline: 13 yellow cards/2 red card - Ian Black

Rangers Best Eleven 2015

Graham Masson had a cracking season and finished the season with 17 goals. Who knows, maybe he could become a useful player. Otherwise no real surprises this season apart from Cassano's poor performances. By the way, I don't know why Wickham is said to have played 76 games, he did in fact play 38 games scoring 18 goals in the process.

Other

- Stuart Sherwood picked up his firs Wales caps, becoming Wales youngest ever full international. He pipped Gareth Bale by 30 days. Clubs in the top half of the EPL are beginning to sniff around him

Youth recruits:

Again dissapointment in this department with this years recruits containing nothing but rubbish scotsmen. I can't be bothered to take a screenshot. I will however continue updating my yout recruitment stats table. The summary includes number of players that have played for Rangers, number of Icelanders, total number of appearences (all competitions), total number of goals, number of full international players, total number of caps, total number of iternational goals and total selling value.

[u]Class of   # players  # Icelanders  apps  goals  # int.caps   int. goals   selling value[/u]
  2013         4            0       127    30         0           0            £0
  2014         1            0         1     0         0           0            £0
  2015         0            0         0     0         0           0            £0

Iceland

Gylfi Sigurðsson secured a move to Spanish giants Real Madrid. With the transfer fee being £21m, he subsequently became the nations most expensive player...beating his own record of £8m. Furthermore, I was introduced to the Iceland hall of fame, currently sitting in the 8th place. The national team continues to climb the world rankings ladder, they are currently sitting in the 42nd place. After losing his first two games in the EC16 qualifying group, Bjarni Jóhannsson has now guided the team to three consecutive victories. As a result the team is currently sitting in the 2nd place in their group, with a great chance of qualifying.

Career Summary

[u]Season      League       SFA Cup     League Cup       Europe          Other          [/u]
2012/13   1st in SD3    5th Round    3rd Round         N/A    1st Round Challenge Cup
2013/14   1st in SD2    Qtr Final    2nd Round         N/A     Challenge Cup Winners 
2014/15   1st in SD1    Semi Final   3rd Round         N/A     Challenge Cup Winners

[u]Honours[/u]
[i]Scottish Division 1[/i]: Winner (2015)
[i]Scottish Division 2[/i]: Winner (2014)
[i]Scottish Division 3[/i]: Winner (2013)
[i]Scottish Challenge Cup[/i]: Winner (2014,2015)
[i]SD1 Manager Of The Year[/i]: Winner (2015)
[i]SD2 Manager Of The Year[/i]: Winner (2014)

Rangers.jpg

Rangers/Faroe Islands

League;

A tough start to life in the First Division but eventually we took our rightfull place at the top of the table and won the Title with a coupld of games top spare (then played youngsters and lost the last 2). A trio of retirements this season a real shame that McColloch and Ferguson do not get to play 1 last time in the Premier. Shaun Derry, Lee McCulloch and Barry Ferguson.

Transfers. - Brought in a couple more Faroese players just to give them games. Brought back club legend Barry Ferguson.

The Squad!

Records broke;

Highest Att: 48,135 vs Dunfermline.

Average Att: 41,572

Highest Scoring Game: 6-3 (Win) vs Cowdenbeath.

Thats all folks - Missed out on most points by a whopping 18!!!

The Cups;

In the League Cup we went out in the 3rd round 1-0 to Celtic (don't worry we pay them back - See below)!

The Challenge Cup played too weak a side and it cost us in a 2-1 loss in the first round.

The Scottish Cup this year we managed my first ever win over the Auld enemy Celtic 2-1 in the Scottish Cup Final.

The Youth;

Youth Candidates - 2 Faroese through.

Mortan Olsen - Frooi Holm - Not sure how to pronounce this guys name.

Faroe Islands;

Euro Qual. Group. - Best Player.

Christian Holst retires.

Currently sit 189th in the FIFA Rankings.

Season      League          Scottish Cup     League Cup       Europe                 Other
2012/13  3rd Div Winners     Semi Final       3rd Round        N/A               Challenge Cup Semis.
2013/14  2nd Div Winners      4th rd          2nd Round        N/A               Won Challenge Cup.
2014/15  1st Div Winners      Winners!        3rd round        N/A               Beat Auld Enemy!!!

Honours;

Scottish Division 1 Winners (2015)
Scottish Division 2 Winners (2014)
Scottish Division 3 Winners (2013)
Challenge Cup Winners (2013)
Scottish Cup Winners  (2015)

Wow great season there brettney for the club and Jonstein, key player for you in the future. Must have been sweet getting one over those Celtic ********. Europe next season right?

Yeah the ban is lifted so pretty good timing, (main reason i played full strength side all rounds, to be honest - Wish i'd done more in the Challenge cup would of liked to of won that again). Good to get the 1 win over them (an important 1 at that). Whats your record been against them? What Wage budget you been given for the prem?

I've only played against them twice. On both occasions I lost by a single goal (1-2 in the first season and 2-3 in the third season). Hoping to set the record straight in the SPL. I was given 350k in transfer budget for the SPL and 125k in wage budget. So not a whole lot to work with.

I got about the same Transfer budget but 135k Wage, i'v lost 3 against them. Draw for Europa League 2nd qual. rd Rangers vs Sligo Rovers.

Looks like we've got a battle of the Huns going on. Who will knock Celtic off their perch 1st? Good progress brettney1980 and burtur

hi i'm looking to start this challenge. quick question though. do we only load 1 league? and do we load all players from our country or the country our club is in?

thanks

hi i'm looking to start this challenge. quick question though. do we only load 1 league? and do we load all players from our country or the country our club is in?

thanks

You can load as many leagues as you like, load all players of your country's nationality and also of the country's league if possible as some unplayable leagues players can still be loaded from the start menu

Arsenal_FC.svg

GreyedOutMan - Arsenal/Guatemala - 2015/16

Jeez! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! I went into the last 2 games in 2nd with a 1-point lead over a congested field albeit miles behind Citeh. The last two games were Wigan and Swansea away. I got a single point, and ended up finishing fifth! Painful! Going into April, we hadn't lost in the league since the start of December, and were looking really good. We then lost 1-0 at Old Trafford, but recovered to beat West Ham and Wolves at home. I really couldn't see anything but two further wins, and to get just one point from those last two was really awful. Europa League football next year again. Oh well - I've won it once....

League Table - Those 5 dropped points right at the end were a real hammer-blow. The 2nd one was a really awful performance on the last day of the season, losing 4-1 to Swansea. Even then, had champions Man City reversed their 2-0 defeat to Liverpool, we would have sneaked into the Champions' League.

League Positions Graph - 2nd pretty much throughout. **eye-roll**

To be fair, I am trying to build for the future. I have a lot of young players who are on the brink of breaking through to the first team, some of whom will be superstars. So I don't really need cash right now, and have plenty of potential for bringing cash in. I've already sold the impressive Aaron Ramsey to United for £26m because I have Wilshere and the impressive Perevertailo is ready to step up now.

Capital One Cup - pretty poor defeat to Stoke with a rotated, but still strong, side.

FA Cup - pathetic defeat to Forest, who caused three upsets against Premiership opposition this year.

Champions' League - one win in the group was not ideal but...

Squad - several star performers, but just a few issues in the full back positions probably cost us.

Transfers - selling Llorente turned out to be a mistake, as the 31-year-old grabbed the highest Average Rating in the Premiership, scoring 16 goals in 35 games for Liverpool. He also won the PFA player of the year.

Finances - not looking great but the young team should allow me not to buy any big players for a while and this is before Aaron Ramsey leaves for £26m.

Season Awards

Arsenal midfielders grabbed the consolation prizes in the PFA Young Player awards.

Steve Mandanda was the Goalkeeper of the Year.

Mandanda and Podolski were selected in the PFA Team of the Year.

Mertesacker won the Fans' Player of the Year YET AGAIN! That's four years out of four!

This was the Team of the Year for the club

The Historical Team - Novakovic, Muniain and Oxlade-Chamberlain the new inductees.

Career Summary

[u]Season      League       FA Cup     League Cup       Europe                 Other[/u]
2012/13     6th          5th Round  3rd Round        Champions' League QF   
2013/14     3rd          4th Round  4th Round        None                   
2014/15     2nd          5th Round  4th Round        Champions' League Groups, EUROPA LEAGUE WINNERS.
2015/16     5th          5th Round  4th Round        Champions' League 1st Knockout Round

Records Broken

Youngest Player: Anton Carter - 15y206 days v Aston Villa (A) 19/3/16

Highest Transfer Income and Spending: £81m (exactly the same in and out)

Youngest Goalscorer: Anton Carter - 15y248 days v Wolves (H) 30/4/16

Arsenal's Guatemalans:

Delio Castillo went to Halifax on loan and - well let's just say he'll never play for Arsenal!

Elmer Rodas looks rather better having come through the youth system this year. He'll become Guatemala's best player I expect.

Cesar de Leon has been BOUGHT for next season. He'll need to go off to Croatia for a couple of years to get a work-permit. I got a new feeder club specifically to sign him.

Guatemala

Summary. They continue to go up and down the rankings and end up where they started. After their golden season last year, this was always going to be a downer. They finished level on points with Cuba in their 2nd qualifying phase group but lost out and will not be at the World Cup in 2018. Having actually qualified last time around, not to at least get to the 3rd phase this time will definitely be seen as a disappointment and new manager Francisco Melgar is already under pressure. I want that job! I have applied for the U20 and U23 job but they seem to prefer no manager to me....

Good news both for Arsenal and Guatemala. How much of an effect will this have? Does it mean I'm likely to get more top-quality youngsters and, by extension, better Guatemalans?

I think it just means your young players will get better training so improve their ability better. I'm guessing Junior Coaching improves the quality of youth candidates coming through your academy and Youth Recruitment influences how far and wide you get players in your academy from. So better youth recruitment would get you more Guatemalans perhaps?

Man City / Rwanda

Season 2014/15

Man City's 3rd premier league title in a row, and it was a close fought battle with rivals Utd ahead for a long time, but Spurs and Norwich gave us a helping hand to take 6 points from Utd towards the end of the season while we found enough wins to push ahead of them, and had the title in the bag with a game to go due to our already impressive goal difference, meanign there was no pressure on us ahead of our last game against Alan Shearers Blackbur, as such we summed up our season with a 9-0 win that saw Aguero score 6 of his 41 league goals. Outside of the league we were disspointing, however, only reaching the quarter finals of the champions league, and the 5th round of the FA cup, we did however reach the semi finals of the league cup but Chelsea was somehow to strong for us. Overall, though, it was a pleasing season.

League / Transfers

Fans Player of the year: Sergio Aguero

Best Eleven: Season / Overall

Rwanda has remained at much the same level in rankings, but have been up and down throughout the past year, even sneaking up to 95th at one point, but are currently 121st. They are currently lying 2nd in their African nations qualifying group, after beating Chad (139th), but then lsing to Cameroon (24th). I may have to wait a while for the job, as the current manager is still young at 44, so unless he tires of the role, he may well be there for a while.

One extremly exciting Rwandan came through the ranks this season, but obviously the current manager has paid no attention to him (or is somehow completely unaware of him), as he is currently playing for England U20's and may well end up as a future England international

Youth Candidates / Haruna Mayele

Season: League Finish: Rwandan Youths: Europe:
2013/14 1st 2 Runners up <2-0 loss vs Real Madrid>
2014/15 1st 1 Quarter finals <5-2 agg loss vs Barcalona>

1210253743843.jpeg

burtur - Rangers/Iceland

Season 4 summary

Firstly it should be mentioned that most of the screenshots below are taken a few months into the fifth season.

Transfers

Nothing major in the transfer department really. Connor Wickham came on loan for another season and I found a couple of promising Icelanders. Oddur Bergsson and Sveinbjörn Árnason. Finally I decided to splash the cash in january on a promising goalkeeper, Fouad De Jong making him my most expensive signing yet. Antonio Cassano was released on a free transfer after a dissapointing season and Hermansson was sent on loan to SPL outfit Raith Rovers.

League

Even though it was a comeback to the SPL for Rangers after three seasons in the lower leages, the club set it's sight immediately on the SPL title. As it turned out, this season was Celtic's best season out of the four, finally qualifying for the CL group stage and ending up with a tally of 90 points. Their second defeat came on the last day of the season having gone 25 games without defeat. After racking up 89 points ourselves it was a dissapointment not ending up as champions. We played Celtic 4 times in the leage (3 times at Celtic park...what the ****?) and only managed two draws. It it therefore clear that if we're to win it next season, we must win the dual with Celtic. However, there were some positives for sure with Barrie McKay finishing the top scorer with 32 goals and Sebastien Faure voted the SPL's best player.

Cups:

A good cup run in the Scottish Cup saw us knocking out a SPL team in every round. With Celtic already knocked out a win against SD1 outfit Ayr was fairly straightforward.

League Cup: Qtr. Final Knocked out by Hibernian 0-1 (A)

Scottish Cup: Champions! Beat Ayr 3-0 in the final (N)

Record Smashers:

Scottish Premier League

No records!

Club Records

Highest Gate Receipts: £1.18m

Average Attendance: 41954

Top Goalscorer: 37 - Barrie McKay

Highest Average Rating: 7.83 (42 apps) - Sebastien Faure

Most Player of Match: 13 - Sebastien Faure

Rangers Best Eleven 2015

Connor Wickham and Barrie McKay created a crackin partnership as did Faure and Perry in the heart of defence. Graham Masson had a fine season racking up 13 goals. His attributes are poor though.

Other

- Rangers managed to negotaiate an affiliation with Icelandic club FH. They have the best facilities in Iceland and I am hoping for a couple of players coming through their ranks in the coming years.

Youth recruits:

A fine set of youngsters came through this season albeit no Icelanders, yet again! I guess I've just got to keep on grabbing them from the Icelandic clubs. Three players in particular stand out, although I am not holding my breath for any of the, Youth recruitment summary. Only two glaswegians played this season with Graham Masson still the most notable player with 43 goals in 115 apps.

[u]Class of   # players  # Icelanders  apps  goals  # int.caps   int. goals   selling value[/u]
  2013         4            0       167    43         0           0            £0
  2014         1            0         1     0         0           0            £0
  2015         0            0         0     0         0           0            £0
  2016         0            0         0     0         0           0            £0

Iceland

Another great season for Iceland saw the finishing third in their EC16 qualifying group. Thus qualifying for the playoff stage. In the playoffs Iceland managed to beat Serbia a3-3. Iceland had therefore Qualified for their first major tournament! Iceland did draw Austria, Italy and Holland and ended up losing all their group games. With Iceland sitting in the 26th position in the world rankings, they were seeded second in the draw for the WC18 qualifying where they where handed a manageble group (including Scotland!)

I will post a update on the progression on my Icelandic players after the fifth season.

Career Summary

[u]Season      League       SFA Cup     League Cup       Europe          Other          [/u]
2012/13   1st in SD3    5th Round    3rd Round         N/A    1st Round Challenge Cup
2013/14   1st in SD2    Qtr Final    2nd Round         N/A     Challenge Cup Winners 
2014/15   1st in SD1    Semi Final   3rd Round         N/A     Challenge Cup Winners
2015/16   2nd in SPL     Winners!    Qtr. Final        N/A              N/A

[u]Honours[/u]
[i]The Scottish Cup[/i]: Winner (2016)

Great season back in the SPL burtur, shame Celtic had their best season in years (guess thats what happens when there is some actual competition you step up your game). No Icelandic Youth through again is just plain crazy ... How unlucky are you!? I know i had poor one's last year but least i'v had one real good on.

Speaking of my game i'm just into January little behind you at the mo ...

Yeah. I think it's pretty strange this lack of icelanders. I'm starting to wonder wether it has to do with the fact I have dual citizenship (half Swiss, which I always choose for languages spoken). However on my profile page my knowledge of Swiss players is only 50% when my Iceland knowledge is 100%

I am doing this as part of Razers challenge but I think it could go here as well.

San Jose Earthquakes – MLS – 2012 – Season 1

SanJoseEarthquakes_2008.png

League Table

The season did not begin to well with some big defeats and I was at a time a little concerned about my job. I had a nice little run to get us in a better position, we then suffered a spate of injuries and as a result we went on a 12 game run without a win. We then had a brilliant end to the season where we won most of the games to give us a chance to sneak into a wild card berth. In the end we did this but could not manage to get past New York as we went out in extra time in the Wild Card Stage.

Cup – a couple of decent games before a loss in a game which we really should have won. I will be looking to improve on this next year.

Finances – not bad at all really and we are currently building a new stadium and improving the youth facilities. We have also had a Junior Coaching increase.

Transfers[/b] - it was all about getting rid of the deadwood this year and trying to get as many future draft picks as I could. We managed to pull in some decent enough players that will be able to help us out straight away and with all the draft picks that I have now I should be able to add a bit more youth to this side over the coming years..

Squad - the squad was never really settled all season as with injury and new players coming in the team could not settle. There was some decent players but no one really caught my imagination too much and I would say that the majority of the team would be able to be let go should the right offer come in.

Story So Far

Season	Conference Pos	Overall Pos	Playoffs	       Cup	NACL
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
2012	5th	            10th	       Wild Card	3rd Qual Rnd	N/A	

Next Season

A decent season really for us, next year will be another year of building up the squad and hopefully improving the league and cup a little bit.

Nicaragua

flag_nicaragua_map1.gif

World Rankings

Year	Ranking
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012	166

Nicaragua in San Jose

No players have come through yet and I have been unable to sign any, although I may have young keeper coming in January. I do have an Assistant Manager and a Coach from the nation though.

GreyOutMan - Keep pushing the team surely the League Title is getting closer, and Guatemala should start producing some nice youngsters for your eventual reign

El Lordmeister - Another good season, hopefully the next brings you more luck in the Champions League. Rwanda are going to start having some nice payers soon

burtur - Good 1st season back in the top flight and the affiliation with FH will certainly help as you can send Icelanders on loan while waiting for them to be good enough for the 1st team

ashton321 - An average season to start with but once the facilities get built up you should start dominating the continent before taking on the world

This seems like the hardest challenge out there. Im in. Taking Azerbaijan as nationality(seeing how im ethnically Azeri from Iran) and PSG as team. Yup PSG only because I want Ibrahimovic! Viva La Zlatan!

Rangers.jpg

Rangers/Faroe Islands - Season 4 (2015/16)

League|Past Positions[/url]

Drew too many games is the simple sum up, games we should of been winning. It also didn't help that i allowed a few CM's to go out on loan and then we picked up an handful of injuries there and signings fell through, we were short at CM most of the season. Not the end of the world we did well in Europe and we finished 2nd in our first season back in the SPL, it just hurts that Celtic were so far ahead of us and that they won a League and League Cup double. We had a very poor run of 4 losses at the end of the season letting in 18 goals in the process - That also hurts. Final Few games!

Transfers. - Brought back another couple of former Rangers players in Allan McGregor and Gregg Wylde.

The Squad!

Adrian Cieslewicz - Glad he decided to opt for Faroe Islands instead of Poland, but he will be leaving after playing 32 times for the club as he isn't good enough for the SPL.

Records broke;

None but ..

Most Times Won SPL: Rangers 54 (still hanging onto that)

The Cups;

In the League Cup we went out in the Semi Final on Pens to Hearts.

The Scottish Cup we also went out in the Semi's 4-2 to Dundee Utd.

Europe;

Made it out of the group. Then just went on and on beating Zaragoza 3-1 on agg, then Kobenhavn on away goals into the Q-Final we beat Sevilla also on away goals before being hammered by Bayern Munich 10-3 on agg in the Semis.

The Youth;

Youth Candidates

1 Faroese through - Kim Heinesen

Frooi Holm - Managed a couple of games, not really got alot going for him (except his throwing ability).

Jonstein Petersen - Doubt we'll see better than Petersen for awhile he just gets better and better, has now played 112 times for the club and in all 4 divisions is also being watched by West Ham.

Faroe Islands;

Fixtures

Currently sit 198th in the FIFA Rankings.

The U19s job came up but i was unsuccesful in my application!

Season      League          Scottish Cup     League Cup       Europe                 Other
2012/13  3rd Div Winners     Semi Final       3rd Round        N/A               Challenge Cup Semis.
2013/14  2nd Div Winners      4th rd          2nd Round        N/A               Won Challenge Cup.
2014/15  1st Div Winners      Winners!        3rd round        N/A               Beat Auld Enemy!!!
2015/16  SPL Runners up.     Semi Final       Semi Final      Semis              10 points behind Celtic

Honours;

Scottish Division 1 Winners (2015)
Scottish Division 2 Winners (2014)
Scottish Division 3 Winners (2013)
Challenge Cup Winners (2013)
Scottish Cup Winners  (2015)

good 1st season back in the top flight brettney1980 finishing in the last of all the cups was a good achievement

I have free time this weekend so I'm going to get started on this again, team and nation still to be decided

San Jose Earthquakes – MLS – 2013 – Season 2

SanJoseEarthquakes_2008.png

League Table

A great start to the season was soon forgotten after we struggled with injuries and suspensions which caused us to drop down the table. In the end another superb end to the season allowed us to catch up to our rivals and get into the top three in the confrence. I was very pleased that this was the end result, despite getting into the Western Semi Finals of the playoffs with a 3rd place end. It was not to last long at we lost to our hated rivals LA Galaxy

Cup – a decent cup run as we managed to get to the latter stages, we really should have gone further but silly mistakes in the 1/4 finals put us out. I was not happy about it as I felt we had a chance in the cup.

Finances – shocking to be honest. The purchase of Beckham has much to do with it. As does the youth facilities and also the ground

Transfers[/b] - as always I was looking for draft picks to take with me into the future years but I also felt I needed quality to help me out now. This came in the shape of Beckham, Delvecchio and Novo who all have been great for me this year.

Squad - a squad which is slowly but surely getting to look like what I want it to be. In the next 2 years I should have this squad exactly where I want it.

Story So Far

Season	Conference Pos	Overall Pos	Playoffs	       Cup	NACL
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
2012	5th	            10th	 Wild Card	3rd Qual Rnd	N/A	
2013	3rd	            7th           W Semi FInal     1/4 Final   N/A

Next Season

A very good season for us, I was pleased to improve on last year and I will be hoping for much of the same next year, I would really like to qualify for the NACL next year.

Nicaragua

flag_nicaragua_map1.gif

World Rankings

Year	Ranking
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012	166
2013	155

Nicaragua in San Jose

William Cruz is the only player I have he came in from Nicaragua last year. He played in the cup I will keep him for those games, but I am not sure if he will ever become my number one.

Wow, what a frustrating end to the season there brettney1980...kinda reminds me of the 2001-2002 season for Leverkusen. However, definately a season to build on. One question though, how are your finances? I've struggled to keep my finances in the black and as a result the planned upgrade on my youth facilities keeps getting cancelled at the end of the season.

I'm mostly staying in the black, but i have had facilities cancelled once .. Back on at the moment though .. Fingers crossed!!

EDIT: Probably helped that last season i stayed massively above budget.

Arsenal_FC.svg

GreyedOutMan - Arsenal/Guatemala - 2016/17

Major strides forward this season but also an opportunity lost, I think. We won my 2nd trophy at Wembley in February by lifting the Capital One Cup, and were top of the league at that point. We followed that up with two points from games away at Reading and home to Southampton, which meant that the 3-2 win over Man City was not the fatal blow that it might have been. Coupled with a shocking 4-0 defeat to Stoke just after that, and a 0-0 draw at Moulineux in April, and the run in was rather up and down: we also beat Chelsea 5-1 before drawing at home to Spurs and away at Man City, who we played on the 8th of March AND the 8th of April in a bizarre fixture quirk. But looking back over it, it was two nil nils that really cost us: away to Reading and away to Wolves. The 4-0 defeat to Stoke was one of those days when nothing went right, but the two 0-0 draws were really silly - and not to have scored at the Madejski or Molineux this season is disappointing when you think that those two goals would have won us the title. But the form of Danny Welbeck and the continuing improvement of youngters such as Perevertailo, Novakovic, Filipovic plus the real talent coming through the ranks at the club is really starting to make me feel that a period of dominance is coming. This is no 'Wenger' fantasy either - enough of them have already started to really excel that, combined with a few quality signings here and there, we are really looking like title contenders year after year. I have a feeling next year could be the year.

League Table - We definitely improved...

League Positions Graph - The graph is slightly misleading - we were close behind the leaders with up to three games in hand at regular points through the latter half of the season.

Capital One Cup - Our 2nd trophy. Let's hope this leads to further glory.

FA Cup - Extremely poor.

Europa League - We won this a couple of years ago and should have won it again, really. We were poor in Portugal, but even then we should have had enough about us to get past them at the Emirates.

Squad - Wilshere, Vermaelen and Welbeck stood out, but individually, the whole team was strong.

Transfers - a couple of significant free transfers too. De Leon is Guatemalan.

Finances - major issues. We need to start selling some top players quickly. With lots of promising players coming through, this should be possible.

Season Awards

I won my first ever Manager of the Year Award

Danny Welbeck won the Golden Boot. He also won the European Golden Shoe.

Several players were in the team of the year. Sagna, Novakovic, Wilshere and Welbeck in the first XI, and Szczesny and Vermaelen on the bench.

Muniain came 2nd in the Young Player of the Year

Welbeck won the Fans' Player of the Year

This was the Team of the Year for the club

The Historical Team - Welbeck and Isco the new inductees.

Career Summary

[u]Season      League       FA Cup     League Cup       Europe                 Other[/u]

2012/13     6th          5th Round  3rd Round        Champions' League QF   Nothing.
2013/14     3rd          4th Round  4th Round        None                   Nothing.
2014/15     2nd          5th Round  4th Round        Champions' League Groups, EUROPA LEAGUE WINNERS.
2015/16     5th          5th Round  4th Round        Champions' League 1st Knockout Round
2016/17     2nd          3rd Round  Winners!         Europa League 1st Knockout Round

Records Broken

Most goals: Danny Welbeck, 45

Most PoM: Danny Welbeck, 11

Arsenal's Guatemalans:

Delio Castillo and Elmer Rodas, the two academy graduates, are never going to do anything significant.

Cesar de Leon and Josue Bautista are far more promising but both need work permits or Croatian passports - they've been on loan at affiliants Gorica. De Leon was called up to the Confederations Cup squad for Guatemala.

Guatemala

Came 3rd in the Copa Centroamericana, qualifying for the Gold Cup. In an impossible group in the Confederations Cup, they unbelievably beat the Ivory Coast, but lost to Spain and Russia - no disgrace there. Seem to be standing pretty much still at the moment, and they're not in the 2018 World Cup having been there in 2014. Summary.

Good to see you winning some trophies with Arsenal GreyedOutMan, it's a shame your guys need Work Permits to play though, de Leon looks damn good though.

Should have made it clearer - de Leon and Bautista are not youth products, I signed them. Looking to basically have every good Guatemalan at Arsenal so I can keep a close eye on them!

Havnt had much time to play but when I do Ive found this my most enjoyable save so far. Almost done with the first season at Basel. Just got my first intake of youth and unfortunately no islanders. Should finish out the first season tonight and Ill do a writeup soon.

150px-FC_Basel.pngsolomonisles.jpg

GoalieManPat121 - FC Basel and Solomon Islands 2012/2013

A good first season in charge at Basel. Upon getting the job I went through the squad and noticed they didn't exactly have the players for the formation I wanted to play. We made it work though with a pretty successful campaign. Didnt have much transfer money so couldnt bring to many players in. Had a major injury crisis just before Christmas. Within 7 days we lost both of our main strikers for 6+ months each. The club was going on break so I knew I had time to find a good replacement. After searching around I realized I couldnt bring in a player I really liked due to lack for transfer funds so I found a decent striker on loan just before our matches started again. Unfortunately he was at the club 3 days before he himself got a virus and missed two weeks and our Champions League knockout games. Next season I am hoping to get more transfer funds so I can bring in a couple strikers and some depth players in the midfield and at defenfce.

League: Never really in doubt. Won by a wide margin. Won manager of the year, Fabian Frei won Player of the Year, and Adryan won Young Player of the Year.

Swiss Cup: We got the the Final without much trouble in the Swiss Cup. There we met Luzern. We dominated the match but just couldnt finish. In the 119th minute of extra time they managed to

to win. This match happened 30 minutes ago and I still feel extremely annoyed by it.

Champions League: We finished 2nd in our group behind Barcelona and ahead of Montepellier and Schalke. We managed to beat Barcelona at home 2-1 which was encouraging. We got paired with eventual winner Man City in the first knockout round. We had to start a youth player at striker due to injuries and illness. We never had a chance losing 4-1 and 3-0.

Finances: Club made a massive profit this year. Hopefully the board will let me spend some of that next season.

Transfers: Not many brough in this year. A couple free's but the players I did pay for panned out well. Derijck for 2.4 mill from PSV was good as he was a rock. Adryan for 1.4 from Flamengo was a steal. Hes going to be a boss for a while.

Youth Intake: Here are the players this year. Unfortunately no Islanders but atleast we managed to pickup a solid GK prospect. That eccentricity scares me though.

Solomon Islands: Nothing good to report. They finished last in WCQ.

1210253743843.jpeg

burtur - Rangers/Iceland

Season 5 summary

Transfers

I decided to clear a lot of deadwood from the club...and that included the staff as well. On the player front the most notable sales where the ones of Graham Masson and David Templeton. I just felt I could do better and recieved fair offers for them. I bolstered my strike force with John Guidetti and Rick ten Voorde who consequently became my biggest signing in terms of money and lastly Kevin Gebre-Mariam. Furthermore defender Hörður Magnússon signed from Palermo, my 5th Icelandic player and by far the best.

In the staff department legendary manager Carlos Queroz signed on as Director of football, Thomas Rosicky was appointed as Reserves Manager and Damien Duff was appointed U19s Manager....it's on bitches.

League

Suck it Celtic. After a 5 year Celtic domination my Rangers side pipped our bitter rivals to the title. Although we had the upper hand all season the last game turned out to be a title decider. We hosted Celtic and only needed a draw to secure the title. The game finished 0-0 and the title was ours.

Four of my players recieved awards at the end of the season: Player of the Season - Hörður Magnússon, FW Player of the Year - Sebastien Faure, Young Player of the Year - Rodney Post, Young Player of the Season - Barrie McKay.

Cups and Europe:

Two brilliant cup runs saw us secure a domestic treble. I didn't hurt to beat Celtic in the final on both occasions! We had a brilliant run that included knocking out Chelsea and Barcelona! Very dissapointing get knocked out by Kaiserslautern in the end.

League Cup: Champions! Beat Celtic p1-1 (N)

Scottish Cup: Champions! Beat Celtic e1-0 (N)

Europa League: Qtr Final Knocked out by Kaiserslautern 1-4

Record Smashers:

Scottish Premier League

Most Games Without Conceding: 6

Highest Average Rating: 8.05(31 apps) - Sebastien Faure

Club Records

Highest Gate Receipts: £1.81m

Average Attendance: 45415

Highest Average Rating: 8.00(47 apps) - Sebastien Faure

Most Player of Match: 13 - Sebastien Faure

Total Transfer Spending: £5,250,000 - 2016

Total Transfer Income: £6,750,000 - 2016

Rangers Best Eleven

My defence was brilliant this year and my four strikers scored a combined 79 goals. Furthermore, young goalkeeper Fouad de Jong ended up with the number one jersey and as a result Craig Gordon is set to leave the club.

Other

- I finally managed to return a decent profit and as a result both youth and training facilities will be upgraded in october 2017.

Youth recruits:

I can't be bothered to update my table, it is just plain depressing. However, this season's youth recruits included...drumroll please...A ICELANDER...and a decent one as well (screenshot below).

Iceland

Iceland are maybe not following up on their great EC campaign. However, they are still in the running for that WC18 spot. They have dropped 33 places in the world rankings and now stand in a more realistic 59th position.

Icelanders at Rangers

Matthías Hermannsson / Óli Arnarson / Sveinbjörn Árnason / Oddur Bergsson / Hörður Magnússon / Hjalti Sigurgeirsson

A total of 6 players from Iceland are at Rangers. Hermansson will probably never play for Rangers although he has proved to be a decent striker in the SPL so maybe he could rack up some caps in the future. Arnarson hasn't developed at all and will be sold. Árnason and Bergsson are showing some steady progress and could well play a part in the future. Magnússon is the 5th most reputable Icelandic player and is a key player for Iceland as well as Rangers. Sigurgeirsson is the new-boy and somewhat of a question mark.

Career Summary

[u]Season      League       SFA Cup     League Cup      Europe           Other          [/u]
2015/16   2nd in SPL     Winners!    Qtr. Final        N/A              N/A
2016/17   1st in SPL     Winners!     Winners!     EL Qtr Final         N/A

[u]Honours[/u]
[i]Scottish Premier League[/i]: Winner (2017)
[i]The Scottish Cup[/i]: Winner (2016,2017)
[i]The League Cup[/i]: Winner (2017)

Ok, so after facing the sack at San Jose. I have decided to ramp the challenge up more and go a team from San MArino and play as the country San Marino

How do you get the screen that shows how many caps you had? I am starting this challenge and need to know where to take the screenie :D

How do you get the screen that shows how many caps you had? I am starting this challenge and need to know where to take the screenie :D

Manager > Overview > Information > Nationalities

Man City / Rwanda

Season 2015/16

We did it, along with the Premier League title again, and the League Cup, we defeated Chelsea 4-2 in the Champions League finalafter a relitively easy road there, our only real challenge being Man Utd in the Semi's.Premier League came down to the last day with us only above Spurs on goal difference. Our victory over West Brom was enough to ensure we kept the title. The League Cup was simple enough and was an opertunity for youth prospect Mayele to get some games in and he played werll above what his stats suggest though at times did show his inexperience. He will be fantastic when he has fully developed, for Rwanda, or England, hopefully i can get the Rwanda job before the gets his first cap so i can call him to the Rwanda team and tie him down.

League / Squad / Transfers

Capital One Cup

Champions League

Fans Player of the year: Vincent Kompany

Best Eleven: Season / Overall

Hugo Lloris won the Barclay's Golden Glove

Neymar won PFA Player of the Year

Youth Candidates - None worth mentioning

Season: League Finish: Rwandan Youths: Europe:
2013/14 1st 2 Runners up <2-0 loss vs Real Madrid>
2014/15 1st 1 Quarter finals <5-2 agg loss vs Barcalona>
2015/16 1st 0 Winners <4-2 Victory vs Chelsea>

Hjalti Sigurgeirsson looks like he'll be handy burtur. Congrats on winning the Title, Celtic are just dominating on mine, it'll be awhile i think before i get the League.

Congrats on a 3rd League Title El Lordmeister and on the Champions League victory (seems weird City doing well in Europe :))

San Giovanni – Campionato Sammarinese 2012/13- Season 1

sssangiovanni.jpg

League Table

The season went really well we took off with a great start and didn’t ever really stop. After being predicted 15th I was not really expecting such a good season. It did take some time to get a decent settled side because as you will see I continued to buy players throughout the season and the youth I bought continued to get better and better throughout the season. In the end the playoffs were a little too much as we fell in the 1st round to a very decent Tre Penne.

Youth Intake – A few decent additions who should all improve with my growing squad

Finances – Not bad really we are over budget on the wages so that is not helping

Transfers[/b] - All deals were for youth players who are going to become decent in the future

Squad - A mix of youth and experience I am hoping to have more quality by the time the new year starts as some of my younger players should improve no end

Story So Far

Season		CS Regular	CS Champions	Cup	TF	Europe		Avg Att
2012/13	     	      2nd	   Round 1      4th     N/A       N/A	        321

Next Season

Just looking to get into the next round of the cup and playoffs but much of the same really. I am really hoping some of the younger players will continue to grow and help the club.

San Marino

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTi5lWUTzGnlFcKKIfUf-Bjs0QeHRDPT63cBHDxNbcR0EoUdoaFV3Dwe-iwNQ

World Rankings

Year	Ranking		League Ranking		Nation CoEff
2012	166	          501	                 53