Steam issue where game disappears from Library

I am in Hongkong

and bought the game form game shop not the steam,

I could install the game on steam with the game dvd and played few hours on steam last night,

but i cant play again today and cant find the game on my steam game libary,

so i uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall it,

i stuck at a window to ask me input the cd key,

it said the cd key has already used on an accout

pls help

• SI Staff

Is there any chance you have more than one Steam account and have signed into the wrong one? If you're definitely using the correct Steam account, can you double check in your Steam client's library page that the view is set to "All Games" please.

Is there any chance you have more than one Steam account and have signed into the wrong one? If you're definitely using the correct Steam account, can you double check in your Steam client's library page that the view is set to "All Games" please.

I have only one steam account and with other games, and cant find fm 2013 on the game libary

• SI Staff

In that case could you please try contacting Steam support (https://support.steampowered.com/) and they'll be able to check your activation code and games library and hopefully resolve this for you. Unfortunately we can't do anything with your Steam account ourselves, but I'm sure they will be able to help you out.

Let me know how you get on.

first things first... even when you uninstall a game from steam.. you will never need to put the cd key back in.. you will simply need to double click fm13 within the steam library to start downloading it again.

but since you tell us you still have the shortcut on your desktop.. its reasonable to assume you havent uninstalled it..

and the only issue you seem to have is loading the game.. this will be due to steam connection issues..

i would suggest you :

go into steam...

click 'steam' in the top menu on the left.

then to settings

then to download+cloud

then change your download region and restart steam... see if that makes a difference

In that case could you please try contacting Steam support (https://support.steampowered.com/) and they'll be able to check your activation code and games library and hopefully resolve this for you. Unfortunately we can't do anything with your Steam account ourselves, but I'm sure they will be able to help you out.

I have the same problem.

Yesterday I was able to play, today the game is no more in steam library. I live in Italy, bought a phisical copy on GameStop.

I have opened a ticket to steam support.

first things first... even when you uninstall a game from steam.. you will never need to put the cd key back in.. you will simply need to double click fm13 within the steam library to start downloading it again.

but since you tell us you still have the shortcut on your desktop.. its reasonable to assume you havent uninstalled it..

and the only issue you seem to have is loading the game.. this will be due to steam connection issues..

i would suggest you :

go into steam...

click 'steam' in the top menu on the left.

then to settings

then to download+cloud

then change your download region and restart steam... see if that makes a difference

the shortcut icon was b4 i uninsitall the game....

Yeah but this is getting pretty annoying. When You buy stuff, no matter what it is it should work!... and if this doest get fix before 48hours, it will make me sick and probs throw my fm13 cd in the wall till its all gone!... I could done alot of other things this weekend but I put it on hold to try out this new fm, and this happends! U just got to get mad!

Hopefully they will fix this SOON. and this is not an asia problem or whatever its happening to ppl all around! england,norway,hongkong,finland++++

Yeah but this is getting pretty annoying. When You buy stuff, no matter what it is it should work!... and if this doest get fix before 48hours, it will make me sick and probs throw my fm13 cd in the wall till its all gone!... I could done alot of other things this weekend but I put it on hold to try out this new fm, and this happends! U just got to get mad!

Hopefully they will fix this SOON. and this is not an asia problem or whatever its happening to ppl all around! england,norway,hongkong,finland++++

italy...

Well SI and Steam should work together to make this work!.. and SI should not be pleased with alot of players not being able to play the game! This does damage SI and FM`s reputation. even tho it might not be there issue in the first place!.. And I doubt SI want bad rep becouse if a steam issue! but none of us players being affected knows 1% of what going on!... and yeah we have made support tickets at steam. still been no help

I am in Hongkong

and bought the game form game shop not the steam,

I could install the game on steam with the game dvd and played few hours on steam last night,

but i cant play again today and cant find the game on my steam game libary,

so i uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall it,

i stuck at a window to ask me input the cd key,

it said the cd key has already used on an accout

pls help

Similar case here. I bought the game in Hong Kong today. After installing and updating the game from steam, I fail to enter the game.

Several reinstall and uninstall done but no effect.

Please help to fix it.

• Administrators

All we can suggest at this time I'm afraid is this if you are having issues:

i am from Hong Kong too

i bought the cd version,entered the cd-key and so called downloaded the game

however when i click into the game,the window of "preparing to launch fm 2013 asia" pop up for a few seconds and then nothing happen

(when i check My Documents,there is not a file of SI,even Steam shown that i have installed the game)

i had tried to uninstall and reinstall but this couldnt help,what can i do now????

really disappointed to SI and Steam because of this case,please reply me as soon as possible,i have been waiting for the FM13 for long long time,thanks a lot

This is just tragic!... Steam call this a wide known problem that happends with alot of games!.. find a damn fix to it! they should have done that a long time ago, or else ppl should not put there games in steam. if u risk lose ur damn game!.. anyone told me I might lose my game if I install thru steam?.. anyone told me I might throw cash thru the window if I install true steam?.. this is just ridiculous.

There's nothing SI can do, it's a Steam issue.

That in itself is an issue. SI/SEGA are responsible for introducing Steam as a requirement to play the game, it is embedded in the game, it is part of the game ergo it is an SI/SEGA issue and at best, trying to pass the buck is poor customer relations.

If this was a problem for ten thousand customers would there still be nothing SI could do? I highly doubt it. :thdn:

That in itself is an issue. SI/SEGA are responsible for introducing Steam as a requirement to play the game, it is embedded in the game, it is part of the game ergo it is an SI/SEGA issue and at best, trying to pass the buck is poor customer relations.

If this was a problem for ten thousand customers would there still be nothing SI could do? I highly doubt it. :thdn:

agree

that what i said, why SI dosnt take any action and just told the player to contact steam

Iirc correctly SI do have technical contacts at Steam, but I've no idea how well that works or if even they can get a response.

Ultimately Steam have to fix it and putting pressure on them in all ways possible is the way to go (including Sega/SI doing so if possible.)

SI also required you to have a PC to play the game, they won't be round to fix if it breaks :p

I really don't think it's a SI fault here, it's a Steam one, the problem has happened with other titles as well.

I'm almost sure that SI/Sega has contacted Valve to tell what is happening.

Hoping Valve will fix the situation "soon".

sure! but as a game dev they should wanting all there costumers to get to play the game!.. and steam say this a wide known problem even with other titles? then they should know a way to fix it faster than this!.... over 24hours since I lost mine!.. its really aggravating

Is your FM13 working okay?

If this turns into a lets bash Steam thread I'll close it.

I'd suggest that anybody who has this issue reports it to Steam in as many ways as they can so they at least grasp how serious it is.

None of us feel anything but sympathy for those affected but there isn't anything practical SI can do it about it at this time.

Yup it is!.. and if fm14 comes with steam too, Im sure I will have problems buying it after this!.. I dont want to sit a whole weekend trying to get something I paid cash for to work!.. as said before the milk I bought yesterday is stilll in the fridge today!.. but my fm been gone for 2days after I bought it!

If this turns into a lets bash Steam thread I'll close it.

I'd suggest that anybody who has this issue reports it to Steam in as many ways as they can so they at least grasp how serious it is.

None of us feel anything but sympathy for those affected but there isn't anything practical SI can do it about it at this time.

Yeah we been told that its not an SI issue, but the ppl should have a chance to talk to likeminded with same problems!...

it should say on steam when u install that the game u install might be gone by tomorrow and come back at a time no one knows!....

Yeah we been told that its not an SI issue, but the ppl should have a chance to talk to likeminded with same problems!...

it should say on steam when u install that the game u install might be gone by tomorrow and come back at a time no one knows!....

You should be talking on the Steam forums more than here if you actually want to get it resolved.

If I know Valve there probably is something in their TOS that says that anything is possible, they do tend to cover their asses in legal terms :D

Archived