kroshot

text commentary

7 posts in this topic

does anyone still play with just the text commentary on and just watch the highlights of the goals.ive started doing this lately and besides making the game seem quicker it takes me back down memory lane to where it all began,also i`m getting ****ed off with the 2d match engine seeing my defenders,defending like stephen hawking out of his wheelchair

I play with text on medium (or a notch or two above depending on the game) and just key highlights - so I can see where the chances are coming from, or not - and why.

I played with text for a little while recently, the only frustrating thing about it is that some of the text doesn't really make sense any more without the pictures.

Why not go the whole hog and turn the resolution down on your monitor to 356x240 for that authentic Commodore Amiga look? ;)

the good old days - tried it for a few games but missed the action on the pitch

i've only had fm since the 06 version so i have no experience of when it was just text but i might try it.

I generally watch the "split screen" view with text commentary and no highlights. I do this for the same reason as the original poster suggested - to speed up the game, but still give me information with which to manage and make changes. I'm less interested in spending a lot of time watching the on pitch action. But from rare time to time, I will watch an entire game for fun. Just my personal preference.