Sports Interactive Community
DeadPanda

FM13: Norwich City FC - Celebrating 100 Years of Competitive League Football

Nice job on the consolodation. Funny how Chamakh is being linked to us now by the Daily Mail (I think its them) in real life. Great to hear that Vaughan stayed and played well for you - I do sometimes regret selling him. I think the striker issue is a big one for anyone playing as Norwich, and it's hard to find some as similar to Grant with such quality that isn't so expensive for the budgets we are given in the early stages of the game. Clearly, the third season, with the debt gone, that looks like it has seen some significant improvements! £25m sounds like a healthy sum you can do a fair chunk with.

That midfield issue is one that resonates with me too - it's good going forward (but weak at the very top due to the striker issues), and too weak going backwards.

Look forward to seeing how the cash is spent and it's nice to know that there will be plenty for me to work with once I finish this season - just hoping I can manage a top ten place that I was occupying until recently.

I'm only in February of season 2 - a slow one for me at the moment with the level of work at, well, work. But in the gametime that I have had, we managed to hammer Man City 4v2 in the League Cup final - Holt and Fortounis were superb. But it's the league form that is of real concern having won just 1 in about 9 or so games, losing heavily to Man City (80% | 20% possession and we had like 1 shot on goal - revenge, much?) It's seen us drop off and become adrift to the teams around 4th-9th. Hoping something will change soon so we can snatch those places. But with our position in the EC after winning the league cup, I'm hoping we can attract a decent striker and some good defensive units.

If it's the Daily Mail, it's guaranteed to be lies. They're good at spreading lies about anything from football to immigration to benefits.

I had a save last year with Norwich and enjoyed it very much with some great results ! Thought I'd have a look on here about a thread as I didn't know much about them! (I'm an Everton fan) and can I just say.... This thread is top notch! Great history piece fully enjoyed reading that and everything else. Going to start another Norwich career now and hope its as successful as the last one I did! Will keep you updated on how I do!

If it's the Daily Mail, it's guaranteed to be lies. They're good at spreading lies about anything from football to immigration to benefits.

Aye, I know, their terrible for it!

I had a save last year with Norwich and enjoyed it very much with some great results ! Thought I'd have a look on here about a thread as I didn't know much about them! (I'm an Everton fan) and can I just say.... This thread is top notch! Great history piece fully enjoyed reading that and everything else. Going to start another Norwich career now and hope its as successful as the last one I did! Will keep you updated on how I do!

Thanks, big thanks to Sing Up The River End for that mainly. Looking forward to hearing more about your new career at Norwich in this years game too, nice to have another on board.

Heading towards the end of my second year (finally)... its taken forever given the little time I've played of late. Things have gone well in the league and I'm expecting a good final finish now, which shows very promising signs of money for next year with the finances in a very good condition.

Looking forward to new updates from people or a few new people getting involved with Norwich! Hopefully there'll be a few takers :)

Norwich City 2012/13

Just finished my first season with Norwich City.

I had a good first year ending with a 15th place without using any money in the first transfer window.

In the FA Cup i reached the final, but this seasons big surprise Q.P.R, who finished 4th in the league, won the final.

My starting line-up for 2nd season

Mattia Destro is already pushing for a place in the starting line-up.

Transfers 1st season

Transfers 2nd season

Those that know me will know that every year I play as Norwich City FC. I'm a local fan living in the shadow of Carrow Road and can literally hit the stadium with a rock from my garden.

Transfers IN:

Carlos Fierro (Loan)

Royston Drenthe (free)

Mattheus (1.4m)

Oskar Hiljemark (1.2m)

Adryan (800k)

John Mensah (free)

Salif Diao (free - he's also a top scout!)

Anthony Vanden Borre (free)

Ruben Yttergard Jenssen (1.2m)

Leonard Kweuke (3m)

=£7.6M

Transfers OUT:

Francomb (200k)

Elliot Ward (1m)

David Fox (3m)

Marc Tierney (3m)

Chris Martin (1m)

Bradley Johnson (2m)

Pilkington (3.5m)

Jackson (1.5m)

Steve Morison (1.5m)

Lappin (loan)

Korey Smith (loan)

Surman (loan)

=£16.7m

Table so far:

NorwichCity_FixturesSchedule.png

More to come, bit of a rushed post!

Norwich City 2012/13

Just finished my first season with Norwich City.

I had a good first year ending with a 15th place without using any money in the first transfer window.

In the FA Cup i reached the final, but this seasons big surprise Q.P.R, who finished 4th in the league, won the final.

My starting line-up for 2nd season

Mattia Destro is already pushing for a place in the starting line-up.

Transfers 1st season

Transfers 2nd season

4th! Now that is impressive for QPR. Looking good though for the new year with some new signings. A healthy budget, too. Good luck and I look forward to hearing more about it.

Those that know me will know that every year I play as Norwich City FC. I'm a local fan living in the shadow of Carrow Road and can literally hit the stadium with a rock from my garden.

Transfers IN:

Carlos Fierro (Loan)

Royston Drenthe (free)

Mattheus (1.4m)

Oskar Hiljemark (1.2m)

Adryan (800k)

John Mensah (free)

Salif Diao (free - he's also a top scout!)

Anthony Vanden Borre (free)

Ruben Yttergard Jenssen (1.2m)

Leonard Kweuke (3m)

=£7.6M

Transfers OUT:

Francomb (200k)

Elliot Ward (1m)

David Fox (3m)

Marc Tierney (3m)

Chris Martin (1m)

Bradley Johnson (2m)

Pilkington (3.5m)

Jackson (1.5m)

Steve Morison (1.5m)

Lappin (loan)

Korey Smith (loan)

Surman (loan)

=£16.7m

More to come, bit of a rushed post!

A nice profit in the transfer window there. I like the look of them signings, too. Hopefully you'll have a good year and more success to follow.

---

Me on the other hand, am struggling to get anywhere with my game. Yet to finish the second season after being driven absolutely mental by the game not allowing me to reload my last saves and having to play over bits time and time again has become hugely frustrating - so there is the contemplation of starting a new career. But for now, I will carry on trying with this save in the hope that I can keep it going. Hopefully the season will be over with soon and I'll be able to post a proper update on the progress.

Morning all,

Having spent my late teens and early 20s in Norwich, which included a spell working in the media department of the football club (I'm only 25 tbf) I have always had a soft spot for Norwich so have decided to start a game as them.

Season 1 was largely average. We didn't get our first win until 10 games in. A few strong results throughout the season including wins over Man Utd and Arsenal. Man city didn't manage to beat us either. Best player was Simeon Jackson by a country mile. Scored 15 goals and just demolished teams with WFLGH flicking the ball on to him (target man, supply to head). It's a shame really, Ruddy was awful. I dropped him in favour of the not as good Bunn who was playing well. Started off with an attacking 4-1-2-1-2, but as you will see in a moment it didn't work. Switched it to defensive and that's when results turned, but we tended to go a goal down before I went overload and we equalised and scored the winner.

fixxtures1.jpgFixtures2.jpg

And first season ins and outs. Got £5m for Tierney who is never played by Toon haha. Knew I'd be playing a narrow formation so set about selling the wingers. Oh how I regret this.Transfers.jpg

final standings:

League.jpg

Second season has started exactly like the first. 2 games in and two losses. It's frustrating as hell. Lost 1-0 to Everton on the opening day despite battering them for 87 minutes :(

Season 2 signings:

TransfersS2.jpg

Time to change formation I think. hopefully can turn it all around!

All hints and tips welcome. Still seem to be over wage budget. Note: Do not sign Jelle Vossen. He is woeful.

Hi Joseba. You have some good signings there. I spent a similar amount on Wilfred Zaha and sold him after two seasons for £10mil. Seems a good player for resale. I'm surprised as well you got Garrido to sign. He asked for £57k a week from me! Surprisingly, I passed him over.

I personally like a workmanlike team with wingers playing down the flanks. It's served me well so far, but requires a strong forward who takes his chances. In season two, I had more success with James Vaughan up front than Maroune Chamakh, simply because Chamakh required four chances to score, Vaughan would take his chances more often than not. In attacking midfield, Jonny Howson was superb, but I really want his abilities in the middle of the park.

Hiya guys after reading this thread I decided to start a new game with Norwich, currently 5th in the league after 13 games, won 8, drew 1 and lost 4, using a 4-2-3-1 formation with Holt playing a role of Advanced Forward, he has scored 12 goals in 13 games so far, here is my transfers in and outs.

Transfers In

Drenthe, Mensah and Diao on frees,

Guidetti season long loan,

Ryan Fraser for 1.2m from Aberdeen,

Mattheus for 1.2m from Flamengo,

Okore for 1.3m from that Danish team I can't spell,

Carlos Fierro on a season long loan,

Jerry Vandam for 1m from Lille and finally Adryan from Flamengo for 875k.

Transfers Out

Marc Tierney for 5m to Southampton,

Simeon Jackson for 2.6m to Huddersfield,

Wes Hoolahan for 2.7m to Fulham,

Mark Bunn loaned out to Chelsea,

Korey Smith for 500k to Leicester,

David Fox for 2.7m to Aston Villa,

George Francomb for 100k to Crewe,

Jed Steer got loaned out to Sheff Utd.

Grant Holt is my star performer, Mattheus, Okore, Snodgrass and Martin are my star players.

Noticeable victories over Arsenal 3-2, 4-0 against Everton, 1-0 against Aston Villa and 2-0 victory over Fulham.

Hi Canary,

in Season 2 I switched to a 4-5-1 for away games and a 4-1-2-2-1 for home games. Zaha was up front and ended up with the European golden boot award! top scorer in the prem too. He's now worth £9m and has said if we don't finish 4th in season 3 then he will look to leave. I had offered him a new contract but he wants a release clause of ~7m so had the conversation I mentioned before. Finished 9th in Season 2 which was decent. Managed to get some decent players in on loan. Fierro was a huge disappointment after a promising start but got Callejon in who destroyed teams down the right and added a bit of meat to the midfield with Dembele on loan from spurs!

Club are now officially out of debt and gave me £20m for transfers :D So I have set about reshaping the team. I really need a new gk and possibly a defender. RB. Have I done the sensible thing? No. I went for Clyne but he went to West Ham :? weirdo. then I spotted Alderwiereld (Ajax) on the transfer list so went for him. Went to Juventus. Bid for Rafael Toloi - went to Man Utd.

So I've done the only logical thing, bought a German midfielder for £4m and *****ed £6m on Thomas Ince whilst also bringing in some Brazilian wonderkids :)

I can sense a tough season ahead! I won't be letting Zaha go for anything less than £20m though!

So I have set about reshaping the club

Great job on avoiding the drop in the first season Joseba! Nice deal too with snatcing £5m from Newcastle for Tierney. Good bit of business, I say. Superb second season, and like you say, the debt is soon gone and the money than becomes very much your own to splash out on creating a team that can really challenge for some more trophies.

As Lincoln says, Zaha should be able to give you a good profit if you sell him in the future, especially after that second season! - good buy I reckon. Funnily enough I never had any issues signing Garrido, admitedly he did want a few extra £££ than expected, but for the price it seemed sensible enough. Seems that there is a little way to go yet before the "little ol Norwich" tag is wiped away and the reputation is big enough to compete with some of the larger clubs. Good luck with your season, hope all goes well and hopefully, by the time the next season comes around, you'll be able to really challenge good and proper. Look forward to hearing about the progress.

---

On another note, but one I've brought up in each post I've made recently (I use the word recently loosely), I think I've come to terms that I won't be playing FM so much for a wee while. My laptop and it's 100'c core temp doesn't play so nicely with FM (or anything for that matter, including Microsoft Word on its own) and coupled with the fact that my saves constantly wont load and I have to replay sections, I figure it's best I sort out a nice new machine. It's about time anyway.

Hiya guys, just a quick update, currently 7th in the league, was 5th for most of the season but having a few bad games having lost 5 league games in a row, I have got 8 games to go, also have Chelsea in the FA Cup Semi Final, Holt is a goal machine, 30 goals in 32 appearances for me, Mattheus is an excellent player, Snodgrass has got 15 assists and 4 goals in 34 appearances. I'll let you know how I finish later on.

Hiya ended 6th in the league, got 56 points, out of 38 games I won 17, drew 5 and lost 16,scored 57 and let in 57 lol, Holt got 29 league goals only losing out to Darren Bent for prem top goal scorer, Snodgrass was 2nd best for assists in the league, Spurs won the league which is nice to see someone else other then the big 4 win.

This is a nice team thread, :thup: more people should be involved in a Norwich save.

On the ball city!

Not long started a game with Norwich, the main reason being im an Arsenal fan...And have high expectations of winning the league every season with Arsenal and fancied a little different challenge trying to get a smaller team to the top.

My aim is mid table this season, I've basically set out to beat the teams around me and do as best as i can against the bigger so called top 4, not worrying to much if i come away from old trafford and lost 2-0.

I made two signings, both brazillians funded by the sale of Jones.

Adryan (825k) and Wellington Nem (3.5m)

First game was against Wigan at Home where i won comfortably 2-0 with 60% possession and never looked like conceding at all.

I then faced Chelsea and Liverpool away and lost both games 2-0, which im not to fussed about.

I also beat our close rivals Ipswich 2-0.

As long as im beating the teams like Wigan, Villa and Fulham il be happy.

Not sure about everyone else but im using Simeon Jackson up front as a poacher and hes been awesome, during pre season he bagged 5 goals in 3 games, and continued his good form by scoring against Wigan and Ipswich.

This is a nice team thread, :thup: more people should be involved in a Norwich save.

On the ball city!

Thanks, I do hope more people get involved. Unfortunately I can't be the most pro-active in doing this no thanks to my current laptop situation - didn't exactly expect that to be an issue until it was.

Not long started a game with Norwich, the main reason being im an Arsenal fan...And have high expectations of winning the league every season with Arsenal and fancied a little different challenge trying to get a smaller team to the top.

My aim is mid table this season, I've basically set out to beat the teams around me and do as best as i can against the bigger so called top 4, not worrying to much if i come away from old trafford and lost 2-0.

I made two signings, both brazillians funded by the sale of Jones.

Adryan (825k) and Wellington Nem (3.5m)

First game was against Wigan at Home where i won comfortably 2-0 with 60% possession and never looked like conceding at all.

I then faced Chelsea and Liverpool away and lost both games 2-0, which im not to fussed about.

I also beat our close rivals Ipswich 2-0.

As long as im beating the teams like Wigan, Villa and Fulham il be happy.

Not sure about everyone else but im using Simeon Jackson up front as a poacher and hes been awesome, during pre season he bagged 5 goals in 3 games, and continued his good form by scoring against Wigan and Ipswich.

Hope to see you enjoy your career and play it for some time. Mid season is a realistic aim in the first season, and with the debt clearing up and funds incoming fairly soon after you'll really have the ability to challenge.

Adryan was/is great for me - took a fair bit of game time before he grew into the role I wanted him to play and has a fair way to go in terms of development but clear there is the quality there. Same goes for Nem, who I haven't signed, but have heard good things from other people around the forums.

Nice to see Jackson doing well for you. I never really played him much, opting for a lone striker much of the time and utilising Holt so everyone else got shafted. As you say, keep beating the teams around you and you'll be fine. A little bit of patience over the first couple of years pays off, with considerable sized transfer budgets once the debt is gone and then things can really go from there.

Good luck!

Going to have a second go managing Norwich. Got a little bored of my Swansea and Newcastle saves so I'm going to have another go as I failed before. Not going to sign Okore, Kweuke, Drenthe, Wellington Nem or Adryan though as I've signed them a couple of times on FM13. One of FM's weaknesses is the small range of players good enough that you can get for a small enough fee.

Started a save this norwich recenly and i've reached the end of January and i'm about 10th.

Sold Hoolahan for 2.5 million. Surman for 5 million and also sold R Martin for 5 million. also loaned about a few other players like smith Rudd and fox.

i bought in chahed who's the first choice right back and also a young german keeper Lindner. in the january transfer market i've brought in marc albrighton on loan and Jonathan dos Santos on loan. Head of youth development bought blackett from manchester united.

What amazed me, Morrison. For me he's played 24 league games and scored 21 goals. also 7 goals in 5 games for Wales.

Ruddy

Chahed Turner Bassong Garrido

--------Howson Johnson

Any of Pilkington snodgrass bennett

Holt Morrison,

@BarnsleyFan: Morison - what a beast he is for you! Decent sales and sounds like your doing well. Be good to hear and see how you get on by the end of the season.

@LawlyBoi: I know what you mean about signing players - always happens to me, every FM, I end up signing the old players. For me, FM gets much more interesting and fun to play a couple years down the line when things progress with players. Be good to see how you get on without the usual suspects that are common purchases this year. Hope the career goes smoothly, stick it out and when the debts cleared, things at the club can really begin to progress quickly.

Didn't do much really but i didn't win many. Think he got to 24.

Only problem is, we will not sign a new contract.

Had him as a poacher with hold target man. He got 17 i think.

Sold a few/ released a few and its quite hard to get player in that are good even with a 20 million pound budget. need 6/7. Sold James Vaughan for 3 million though. I finished 12.

Amazing OP!!!

After failing at about 10 different games on FM this year (i just cannot get to grips with this game this year!) Ive decided to play as my beloved Norwich.

Hopefully my yellow tinted glasses wont hinder me.

So i started my game as Norwich with the aim of mid-table survival without majorly turning around the team and ive done pretty well so far. After a slow start in the league (0w 2d 3L) i changed my tactics to a attacking 4-5-1 and went on a amazing 9 game unbeaten run with some serious results!

Arsenal 0 - 1 Norwich (Johnson)

Norwich 6 - 1 Aston Villa (Holt 4, Snod and Turner)

Swansea 1 - 4 Norwich (Holt, Snod, Bass, R.Martin)

Big Holt, Bassong and Bradley Johnson have been outstanding, Pilkington and Snodgrass havent been good at all. I went into xmas 8th in the league but have struggled going into jan and im currently 10th at feb 2nd. My transfers have been few and far between because nobody is interested in my players! In jan i tried to sell Morison, Fox and Surman but nobody wanted any of them. Barnett and C Martin have left for a total of 1.5 mill and Butterfield, Smith, Matthews and Jackson out on loans

I made one signing in jan signing Nicklas Helenius for a structured 2.5 million and he has 4 already (although 3 were against Chesterfield in Fa cup)

Im hoping to stay top ten in prem and hopefully go far in fa cup and maybe Mcnally can dig deep and give me money in the summer as a reward!

So i finished my first season as Norwich and amazingly i finished 6th and qualified for Euro Cup!!

I would love to show u in picture form but my laptop just wont take screenshots or upload pics to this site!?!

Anyways Holt scored 25 for me and Helenius got 11 in his 14 games he played he is awesome, Bradley Johnson continued his form and Bassong got voted African defender of the year! No real worries with the squad apart from Garrido was poor and wont be staying and Butterfield is a moaning little git even tho i want to keep him as back up!

So far into the summer ive sold

Morison - burnley - 2 mill

Surman - celtic - 2 mill

Tierney - burnley - 2.5 mill (a week after signing a new contract in which he was leaving on free :)

Jackson - free

Lappin - free

Matthews - free

Rudd - free

So far i havent signed anybody yet but have had a 3.5 mill offer for Danny Graham accepted (scored 18 in 31 for relegated Swansea!) and a 3 mill offer for Lee Wallace accepted.

Let the Euro adventures begin!!!

I would love to show u in picture form but my laptop just wont take screenshots or upload pics to this site!?!

Your game needs to be in windowed mode for you to take a screenshot by pressing Print Screen. Then paste into Paint, save the pic, upload the pic to TinyPic and it will give you a code to generate for message boards.

So I started a game with Norwich a week or two ago fancying a good challenge.

2012/2013 Season I shocked myself with a good finish of 9th place and bringing in Chris Basham in on Loan and Michel Salgado on a free on a small 6K wage, until January when i bought a few more players. I did eventually sign basham in January because of how well he played and how his form was so so so consistent.

Transfers 2012//2013

IN

Chris Basham (Loan then buy for 1.1mil)

Christian Rodriguez ( Loan Fee 750K a month starting January and my worst bit of business)

Vladimir Weiss (3mil in January settled into my squad fairly quick)

Neal Eardley (750K bargain to take over Salgado)

Michel Salgado (Free served me so well until January when I saw fit to bring in someone younger)

5.5mil Total spent

OUT

Simon Lappin (Loan To Wycombe)

Elliott Ward (130K to Bolton)

Harry Toffolo (Loan to Cheltenham)

Harry Barker (Loan to Wimbeldon)

George Francomb (40K to Swindon)

Simeon Jackson (130K to Watford)

Chris Martin (210K to Ipswich)

Korey Smith (Loan to Doncaster)

Russell Martin (4mil to Reading)

Wes Hoolahan (3mil to Southampton)

David Fox (2.5mil to Wigan)

Declan Rudd (Loan to Stevenage)

Total Made = 10mil

I played a 4-5-1 Formation with no real tuning to tatics other than making my players press the opposition. Later on I decided to use 4-5-1 counter against top 4 clubs and normal 4-5-1 away against all other clubs and for home matches 4-4-2 with the wingers higher up. This suprised me with a few good results against the top 4 a massive 3-0 win over Liverpool,2-1 over Chelsea and a 1-0 win over Man City and even more later in the season. Eventually I got brought back down to earth losing a few silly games and missing out on a Europa League place to Newcastle. Blackburn and Aston Villa knocked me out of the cups which was very embarrasing. My first season was great and my aim was to try get rid of the clubs debt and then in the future to bring in a few stars but the board are very harsh when it comes to transfer budgets although they let me upgrade my first team facilities and youth teams facilities to which was great.

2013-2014

I'am over halfway through my second season having played 20 games I'am sitting in 5th place which is hopeful but there is a loads more games to go. I actually spent money at the start of this season with a few good signings and some which are terrible.

Transfers 2013-2014

IN

Alexander Buttner (Loan Fee 30K a month from Man Utd)

Ivan Piris (2.4mil from Roma wish I had kept my money so inconsistent)

Mohammed Abu (Loan no fee a month)

Valter Birsa (2.4mil he is ok but is a bit hit and miss)

Total spent 4.8mil

OUT

Declan Rudd (Loan to Hull)

Alexander Tettey (2mil to Cardiff)

Steven Whittaker (1mil to Watford)

Daniel Ayala (750K to Middlesbourgh)

Joshua Murphy (Loan to Wycombe)

Simon Lappin (Free)

Tom Adeyemi (Free)

Olumide Durojaiye (Free)

Jamar Loza (Free)

Ramil Sheriff (Free)

Ewan Mc'Neill (Free)

Adel Gafaiti (Free)

Remi Matthews (Free)

Korey Smith (Free)

Marc Tierney (Free)

Jed Steer (Free)

Harry Baker (Loan to Aldershot)

Harry Toffolo (Loan to Luton)

Jacob Butterfield (3.2mil to Birmingham)

James Vaughan (1.6mil to Brighton)

Total Made 8.5mil

I kept the same formations and tatics so am not going to ramble on about that. What I will say is am aiming for europe.

Oh and a financial update the club went from 57mil and 17mil debt all the way to 75mil and 3.7mil of debt so I should be able to eliminate all debts and start taking Norwich somewhere making them a force in the premiership and europe hopefully.

If I missed anything or you have any questions just post and I will try to respond ASAP.

I must say how fantastic it is to see someone do a Norwich city one of these! further more how blooming brilliant it is to see a Norwich City one displayed in such a well thought out way!

Im a home and away season ticket holder in RL but ive never played as Norwich yet on FM13 (and to be honest I dont normally do it on older editions.) I tend to play long term saves and start at the bottom adn work up. One thing I will say is Norwich always seem to be undervalued on FM.

For example we have some brilliant training facilities. Everyone always comments on how brilliant they are yet on the game theres still plenty of teams with better rated ones despite myself actually visiting them and they dont get anywhere near ours.

I always feel when it comes to researching players alot of key things get missed, like players positions etc...For example on older copies of the game in the league 1 season Chris Martin played as a wide attacker yet on the game he was Centre forward only. There always seems to be errors with the coaches as well. Cant remember for the life of me but about 4 Fm's running a coach or a scout (slips my mind who) was on the game who hadnt been with the club in years. Little things like that always disappointment as its my team I love so much, maybe its because were little ole norwich.

Glad you've spent time restoring some glory.

Will be keeping an eye on this thread with interest.

I don’t know how much help that really is, but all I can suggest is to keep plugging away. Expect defeats and bad runs, but set your stall out accordingly to the level of expectations you have. Ie; Wigan, you’ll think you can beat them so be a little more attacking down the wings and more controlling. Use Howson and Hoolahan in the middle, as oppose to Johnson who may be a better choice for a game when you need someone that can win a ball.

Oh how I wish someone would tell the current RL management team at NCFC that!

We go ultra defensive every blooming game. Fair enough if were playing Man Utd away but in real life theres been games like against the seriously weakend newcastle,average fulham and west ham all at Carrow Road that have been crying out for someone to get us playing through the middle. Instead we stuck with the usual midfield muscle that is Tettey & johnson. As you said there is some games that need the muscle and some games you can go for it a bit more.

Shame nobody comments on this thread anymore. Loving my save with Norwich at the minute.

Seems so odd because im a home & away season ticket holder & I started with Havant & Waterlooville on FM13 and didnt take over NCFC until Xmas 2015 when NCFC were bottom of the league with only 1 win.

I say odd because obviously the squad is vastly different from the one im use to watching week in week out. I dont usually start off managing my RL club because I like to start at the bottom and work up. Hadnt planned on leaving Havant & Waterlooville after getting back to back success all way from Blue Square South, and looked like going up to the championship if form continued. But the lure of saving my RL club proved to much and ive not looked back.

Sadly previous management sold most the real life squad of any worth (John Ruddy etc...) but ive started to assemble a tip top squad now.

Has anybody signed Wolfswinkel yet? i had a offer accepted for him but he chose Marseille instead!

P.S why is nobody playing with Norwich anymore, last season this thread was huge!?

Just waiting for Hughton to be sacked so I can apply lol, I never take over them immediately.

Just started a new save with Norwich which i didnt think i would do as I am a Leeds fan lol.

It was great seeing the likes of Howson, Snodgrass, Johnson and Becchio in my squad again.

I am using the modern warefare tactic and doing really well. I tweaked the tactic slightly so that Holt was the target man and wow he's good. Both him and Becchio (advanced forward) work so well together. becchio has the most assists in the league and Holt is the divisions top scorer. After 25 games I am 3rd! However I was knocked out of the Capital One cup by Brentford (with a full 1st choice squad out!)

I have got to say that so far this is my favourite save on FM13.

I did fantastic to finish 4th and I qualified for the champions league. I think next season is going to be much tougher.

Gutted this thread hasnt been as big this season. Guess everyone fancied being us when we were favs to go down. To be fair it isnt that much different now, but looking forward to FM14 with the likes of the Wolf, Fer, Olsson etc...Cant wait! I know ill play the wolf the correct way to unlike real life!

Agree! As a NCFC season ticket holder I oddly never have a NCFC save. (Various reasons - but mainly because I like to start at the bottom and work up).

But this season we are going to have a mint squad based on who we've signed CA/PA on FM13. Hopefully they've not been nerfed as RVW, Leroy Fer, Snodgrass, Hooper, Bassong, Ruddy should be mint this FM. Ill be keen to use them to there potential, rather than how Mr Hughton uses them at times :)